Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,956 comments
They will just repurpose existing playable licensed "normal" cars that suit the region.
Okay... they're not going to do that, because of several reasons. One of them being the fact that they have to be individually licensed. The reason I went/suggested for unlicensed traffic cars is because it's sort of cheaper and more efficient. Such an example is the trucks from Rally Adventure, which is a starting point. Besides I was referring to the other traffic cars that aren't "Drivatars".

They have the 600LT and 765LT, so I guess they decided to not bother with the one in between.
The Artura is more interesting than some due to the electric aspect (like the 296GTB) but I don't think it really stands out much. I'd swap the 650S or 720S spider for one though :D
unpopular opinion: 675LT is the best-looking modern McLaren. Check my Avatar for details.

Last edited:
Their is a lot players still playing fh5 from what i seen, having a game on gamepass is going to boost the numbers to, i have not played it in year, i was bored of the map, horizon has always lacked in map campared to things like the crew and nfs,
Forza motorsport will not have same playercount as horizon, the fact is more people are more intrested in open world racing games, i am not one of them, i prefer track racers, the problem with many open world racing games, is that you are stuck with the same map for years, and pg has not done anything that great With expansions in my opinion with fh5, it really lacks cities, the good thing about many track racers, is that with time we get new tracks to race on, but it has been extreamly slow in gt7 through lately
It sounds like you don't understand why FH5's so popular. Maybe there's more to a game than map size.

For me the driving physics make it more fun to play than the other games you *compared it to and it has a pretty good selection of tracks to race on and a wide variety of cars which don't all feel the same to drive. If you've tried the game you probably know what I mean.

Last edited:
It sounds like you don't understand why FH5's so popular. Maybe there's more to a game than map size.

For me the driving physics make it more fun to play than the other games you *compared it to and it has a pretty good selection of tracks to race on and a wide variety of cars which don't all feel the same to drive. If you've tried the game you probably know what I mean.
I had fh5 since it come out and i understand why its popular, the physics is better than both crew and nfs, nfs is worst physics wise, the progression was always a lot better in earlier forza horizon games, the first game was the best in that department and thats why its my favorite in the series, the map has never been that exciting in horizon games in my opinion, i played the crew motorfest beta, and it was a huge improvment to previous crew games, both in terms of physics and graphics, even car sounds is step up, while its worse in terms of physics than horizon 5 it feels more fun to play in my opinion, and map is much better witch is what i prefer a lot in open world racer, i want a proper city but horizon just dont have it, the worst part with crew is its upgrade system witch is Miles behind both forza and gran turismo

Exactly this. FH5 is my go to game to just relax. Since every car has its own feeling there is always something new to try.
The physics are great, The carlist is massive.

The best option for me is the option to create my own routes.

Progression could be better but after 400+ hours there is no progression to be made anyway.

Exactly this. FH5 is my go to game to just relax. Since every car has its own feeling there is always something new to try.
The physics are great, The carlist is massive.

The best option for me is the option to create my own routes.

Progression could be better but after 400+ hours there is no progression to be made anyway.
Good explanation.
I'd add that it has very forgiving controller support to help you chill on the sofa in front of the big TV. Also less manic than more arcade games like NFS or The Crew.

I'd bet that a small part of the FH5 population actually does online races. Most people are probably just chilling, randomly driving races against the AI or polishing off the seasonal playlist to earn this week's car.

Damn you Toyota Celica 1974
Damn you all to hell!

Will be rejoining the Festival in FH5...
Now I'm recovered from festival R(eading)23.
Apparently my body can't dance on and off for the best part of 10 hours anymore without repercussions the next day :lol:
SirJim73 the eternal Disco King!!!! Hope you had a great time bud

I had fh5 since it come out and i understand why its popular, the physics is better than both crew and nfs, nfs is worst physics wise

I'm gonna come out swinging since I've been binging NFS Unbound recently, and say no, NFS is not "the worst" physics-wise, because it wasn't trying to be better at what those games are doing in the first place. The recent NFS games are doing something different and it takes some getting used to, but its driving model does exactly what it's supposed to, and I'd argue does it better in Unbound than Heat.

Both games essentially turn performance on road/off-road and the concepts of grip/drift as two arbitrary sliding scales. If you think of them as two pairs of opposed stats in a roleplaying game, that's exactly what they are. You don't have to worry about drivetrain, weight distribution, or gear ratios in NFS because that's not what the game's about. Cars in Need For Speed are about personal expression, not necessarily realistic behavior. It's obvious in the customization options, but I'd say it's also what they're going for in the driving models and performance mods. Tune it to what YOU want it to do. Not what the car's naturally suited for.

Forza Horizon 5 is not popular because what it does in the physics department is """better""" than Unbound. It's popular for a million other reasons than the driving model, even if I'd argue it is actually quite nice to drive in FH now that we have good wheel support. I think what's more likely here is you value some semblance of realistic physics in your driving games, and that's OK, but it'd behoove you to understand NFS isn't trying to compete in that department.

I play both games regularly. They appeal to me for different reasons. I can tune and drive "seriously" (as in, it's a reason to pull out the wheel) in Forza Horizon as much as I want, and being able to race with friends on a dime and build custom tracks is a big plus. Unbound is what I go to when I want to drive something on controller, not worry about my shifting or my racing lines, and smash some cop cars to pieces in a McLaren F1.

Last edited:
IMG_7279.jpeg
po
IMG_7282.jpeg

in this tik tok video, we see a bmw g80 (i think) can be the m4 but the m4 don t has sun roof, can be so the m3?

What are you on about? We don't have any confirmation that a new M3 will be in the game, and a TikTok video doesn't really prove anything. This is all pure speculation.

For all we know it could be just a M4 Comp with a painted roof. Or a RS3 Sedan.

We don't have any confirmation that a new M3 will be in the game, and a TikTok video doesn't really prove anything
You know we've seen cars in trailers and tiktoks and **** before theyve been released a few times, right? The Aventador SVJ was in a trailer wayyy back at launch if im not mistaken

What are you on about? We don't have any confirmation that a new M3 will be in the game, and a TikTok video doesn't really prove anything. This is all pure speculation.

For all we know it could be just a M4 Comp with a painted roof. Or a RS3 Sedan.
The front is from an M3 or M4. The roof of the M4 is completely black and can't be painted, the M3 had also been leaked a few days ago, so there's a chance it's an M3

This is weird. I jumped into Horizon 5 again whilst trying out XCloud on my laptop and I have access to the Italian Exotic Car pack. I have previously purchased the premium add ons pack for the game but everything I can find says that this Italian pack has to be brought seperately. I’ve already brought the first free version of the Huracan Technicia in the Autoshow before I looked into it.

Could this just be a bug? Don’t want Microsoft’s security checks to think I’m hacking or cheating. I don’t do that. Wouldn’t know how to do it if I wanted to.

That aside cloud works so much better here in Australia than I expected. We have internet that is worse then third world so didn’t get my hopes up.

Last edited:
This is weird. I jumped into Horizon 5 again whilst trying out XCloud on my laptop and I have access to the Italian Exotic Car pack. I have previously purchased the premium add ons pack for the game but everything I can find says that this Italian pack has to be brought seperately. I’ve already brought the first free version of the Huracan Technicia in the Autoshow before I looked into it.

Could this just be a bug? Don’t want Microsoft’s security checks to think I’m hacking or cheating. I don’t do that. Wouldn’t know how to do it if I wanted to.

That aside cloud works so much better here in Australia than I expected. We have internet that is worse then third world so didn’t get my hopes up.
There's an in game bug doing the rounds at the moment that PG Games are aware of. This bug randomly gives players access to premium content. It's not affected me yet but other users on here have reported getting the Ford 32 FE, Opi Ford and Oreo Car for example. Unfortunately they loose access to these vehicle after a few days, although no one has reported any action being taken against them.

I think you'll be ok bud as you've done nothing wrong and it's a known bug, but you may well loose access to your free cars soon.

There's an in game bug doing the rounds at the moment that PG Games are aware of. This bug randomly gives players access to premium content. It's not affected me yet but other users on here have reported getting the Ford 32 FE, Opi Ford and Oreo Car for example. Unfortunately they loose access to these vehicle after a few days, although no one has reported any action being taken against them.

I think you'll be ok bud as you've done nothing wrong and it's a known bug, but you may well loose access to your free cars soon.
Cheers. Come to think of it this also happened with The Welcome pack after the game first released. Seems so long ago. The same thing happened. You could buy it in the autoshow and then couple of days later you wouldn’t be able to access it without buying it. Which is fine. Happy to pay for DLC.

Just worried about being banned for cheating/hacking neither of which I’ve done. So as you say if it’s a known bug then hopefully I should be fine. I’ll give it a couple of days to clear and then buy the dlc when the prompt hopefully appears.

Cheers. Come to think of it this also happened with The Welcome pack after the game first released. Seems so long ago. The same thing happened. You could buy it in the autoshow and then couple of days later you wouldn’t be able to access it without buying it. Which is fine. Happy to pay for DLC.

Just worried about being banned for cheating/hacking neither of which I’ve done. So as you say if it’s a known bug then hopefully I should be fine. I’ll give it a couple of days to clear and then buy the dlc when the prompt hopefully appears.
You won't get a ban, no one else has bud. Hopefully some of the people it's happened to will read this and post as well.

SirJim73 the eternal Disco King!!!! Hope you had a great time bud
Not been before but this year i felt that destiny was calling me, so I opened up my eager eyes ;)

Have had to do all 40 points in one session today, which has meant I've been rushing rushing around.

Same thing has happened to me since the update happened. Not yet reversed. Just done Horizon Promos to clear that. Assume they will disappear from my garage when the bug is sorted 👍
I will buy the DLC later on. Still busy enjoying the Italian cars at the moment.

Not been before but this year i felt that destiny was calling me, so I opened up my eager eyes ;)

Have had to do all 40 points in one session today, which has meant I've been rushing rushing around.

Same thing has happened to me since the update happened. Not yet reversed. Just done Horizon Promos to clear that. Assume they will disappear from my garage when the bug is sorted 👍
I will buy the DLC later on. Still busy enjoying the Italian cars at the moment.
You must be tired after all those thing that you've done, to get 40 points in one session 😉

What makes this more bizarre is the car in the video had a sunroof. The M3 Competition, much like its M4 counterpart, does not
Would find it very unlikely but perhaps it’s a customisation option?

The more logical answer is they probably just named it incorrectly, wouldn’t surprise me at all :D

Back