Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,956 comments
We have to use the grids as they're set by the creator bud.
Sadly, you can't Eventlab an Eventlab.

296zaj.jpg

Last edited:
That deliver the flag event is the most moronic game mode i have ever played. The placement of the flags and delivery points are soo stupid, like who puts it in the water where you give the defening team a 10000% advantage. Also its always nice and fun when you have teammates ramming you like you are the enemy. Im never gonna touch that trash again, it really hit my nerves.
the-boys-homelander.gif

EDIT: Deleted.

I thought I encountered a glitch, but I think I was just mistaking events for each other.

Last edited:
Spoiler alert: it is.

We had a guy in race two who just didn't want to let anyone else pass him (for second). I had to steer fully left into him on the downhill dirt switchbacks just to remain going forward.

Sadly, when I braked, he must have veered off to the right and missed the checkpoint. Oh no.
Who says Forza Horizon isn't realistic, this guy's driving like a real Anu...I mean Urus driver.

For what it’s worth, I do recall one of the devs openly acknowledging in a Q&A section on one of the Let’s Go segments that their original idea was to allow players to put EventLab creations anywhere on the map, but they couldn’t get it working due to time constraints. I’d be very surprised if that wasn’t a part of the new update personally.

All I want from EventLab is a guide, from the devs, on how to use custom rulesets properly. It could be the most incredible tool, but it's set up so strangely that it's virtually impenetrable unless you have some programming knowledge.

All I want from EventLab is a guide, from the devs, on how to use custom rulesets properly. It could be the most incredible tool, but it's set up so strangely that it's virtually impenetrable unless you have some programming knowledge.
I admit in the very first place that I'm guilty for lowering torque for all Drivatars to x 0.0 and setting their gravity to x 0.1 while I add a lot of power to the player and increase their car's gravity quite a bit so they can handle the added energy! 🤣

Last edited:
Hmmm...8 new cars.
Normally I would be pleased, but I am a little confused.
Because The Crew Motorfest is coming out next week, and Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 is coming out next month.
I want to spend as much free time as possible on these new games, but if they place new exclusive cars in the 20/40pts prizes like they have this season, some of that time will be taken up by the playlist...

Hmmm...8 new cars.
Normally I would be pleased, but I am a little confused.
Because The Crew Motorfest is coming out next week, and Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 is coming out next month.
I want to spend as much free time as possible on these new games, but if they place new exclusive cars in the 20/40pts prizes like they have this season, some of that time will be taken up by the playlist...
This season was/is an exception. It'll be four as 20pt, four in Autoshow as usual. I do the 20pt targets within the roughly 45 minutes it takes me to finish off the Season Change playlist guide article each Thursday, so it's not a particular slog.
The placement of the flags and delivery points are soo stupid, like who puts it in the water where you give the defening team a 10000% advantage.
On the Ek'Balam one (it seems to rotate locations this week), with the cars available for the SPG event this time, you can jump right over the pyramid and land in the zone without reaching the floor first.

On the Ek'Balam one (it seems to rotate locations this week), with the cars available for the SPG event this time, you can jump right over the pyramid and land in the zone without reaching the floor first.
Still not gonna try it, i got too triggered last time 😅.

I don't have the patience for creating my own eventlab stuff but I'm excited to try stuff out. 8 cars has me intrigued, PG has been spoiling us this year.

Maybe we can get some of the other Hot Wheels cars that didn't cross over from FH4

Last edited:
I remember trying to make an eliminator event, the classic "every lap, eliminate last place" sort of thing... I spent 2 hours trying to get the logic to work and couldn't, yet I could make a race where the winner was determined by who hit the most objects.

This season was/is an exception. It'll be four as 20pt, four in Autoshow as usual. I do the 20pt targets within the roughly 45 minutes it takes me to finish off the Season Change playlist guide article each Thursday, so it's not a particular slog.
Exactly, it takes me between one and a half or two hours to score 40 points. (I play alone and do trials and playgrounds with random people without any problems) We have a whole week to do this, so it comes out to about 15 minutes a day. I really don't understand some people's complaints. 🤷‍♀️

I've seen arguments like this since FH4, but saying "it only takes x minutes to get xx points" isn't the essence of the problem.
For example, this is like being asked by your family to wash the dishes while you're watching your favorite sports on TV.
It's a necessary work and it doesn't take a lot of time.
But it's an unenjoyable task that interrupts your good time. (I love FH series, but I don't like playlists)

At least if we can get better content other than point rewards like in FH4, it would be a little more rewarding.

I've seen arguments like this since FH4, but saying "it only takes x minutes to get xx points" isn't the essence of the problem.
For example, this is like being asked by your family to wash the dishes while you're watching your favorite sports on TV.
It's a necessary work and it doesn't take a lot of time.
But it's an unenjoyable task that interrupts your good time. (I love FH series, but I don't like playlists)
If you want clean dishes you wash them, if you really want a car you do the tasks. Everything has consequences, I just wanted to point out that you really don't have to spend a lot of time doing it (the fact that the tasks are monotonous is another matter and i agree that), and some people talk about it as if they have to grind 5 hours a day for a whole week.

EDIT: On the other hand, I don't know what other way there could be to get a car in a racing game than racing and do tasks. If a car could be bought from the dealership straight away, the game would become boring even quicker, because getting money in this game and the price of cars is also a joke.

Last edited:
Exactly, it takes me between one and a half or two hours to score 40 points. (I play alone and do trials and playgrounds with random people without any problems) We have a whole week to do this, so it comes out to about 15 minutes a day. I really don't understand some people's complaints. 🤷‍♀️
Sure, if you know exactly what you're doing and you optimise your challenges well, you can get it done in a few hours, but doing odd Forzathon chores, difficult jumps and frustrating Trials every time I launch the game when I'd rather be cruising or running a long offroad/hotwheels race makes Jack a dull boy. I can't relax and have fun AND get the cars I want due to FOMO LTE gimmicks.

Edit: I could, if I didn't also play a lot of other games. FH5 really wants to be your only game.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the playlists, I probably wouldn't open FH5 from one week to the next, much less play it.
Premise: This is not a post to criticize people who like playlists.
Oddly enough, what happened around me was rather the opposite.
Many of my friends have been playing the series since FM2 and FM3 and are more loyal to Forza than any other modern racing game.

But the peak of their love and playtime for the Forza series in the Xbox One era was FH3.
They didn't like Forzathon, but they still played the game until FH4 was released, and at the end they all got together and had fun online.
Halfway through FH4, many of my friends burned out on the playlist, and dozens of them quit the game.
They also bought the FH5, but quickly quit. (Many of them even bought the Ultimate Edition!)

It is impossible to develop a game that satisfies all players, but it seems that the FOMO attitude promoted by MS in recent years did not match them.

Last edited:
doing odd Forzathon chores, difficult jumps and frustrating Trials every time I launch the game
And this is where another aspect of racing games comes into play: tuning, if you tune a car properly you will rarely find the task difficult.
Edit: I could, if I didn't also play a lot of other games. FH5 really wants to be your only game.
Turns out Forza is just your only game and you've never played games where you really have to make sacrifices to achieve something. If you're only allocating 2 hours a week to playing games then I'm very sorry. Unless you intend to admire car a few more hours in the day., I for one am using it for next playlist.

Last edited:
Back