Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,956 comments
Speaking of Playlists, who can spot what's wrong with this picture (taken yesterday, while mopping up points):

1694088172987.png

It appears that 6 out of 7 daily challenges were done, but 3 appear without being done.
Actually two - you can just see the gold grading starting on the third - but correct.

I have no idea what happened; it was 1/7 and then after doing the Hot Wheels Seasonal it changed to 2/7 (which I'm guessing completed the requirement for doing 150mph+ for 15s in an Italian car) but didn't complete a second item.

As I completed each challenge the number went up, to 6/7 after five, but remained at 6/7 after actually completing six and then ticked over to "Completed!" when the seventh passed.

Last edited:
And this is where another aspect of racing games comes into play: tuning, if you tune a car properly you will rarely find the task difficult.
And this is the beginning of an unexpectedly condescending reply, but it boils down to a point I can't argue with: difficulty is dependent on skill. If I encounter difficulty in a racing game, it's because I'm just not doing it right.

Turns out Forza is just your only game and you've never played games where you really have to make sacrifices to achieve something. If you're only allocating 2 hours a week to playing games then I'm very sorry. Unless you intend to admire car a few more hours in the day., I for one am using it for next playlist.
I disagree, I have a collection of games, and often go for months without playing Forza Horizon 5. Because of this I've missed out on quite a lot of cars I might've been interested in using. I really enjoyed FH5 for a few months, and still do from time to time, but I'm disinclined to launch it every day because it starts feeling like a chore, and I do chores six days a week. If I were to allocate only 2 hours a week to a game, I'd rather not spend those hours doing Forzathon tasks, but it's not the game's fault that it doesn't gel with my personality.

You keep on winning those cars and using them for the next playlists, you seem to be very efficient at it and it makes you happy, and that's what matters.

And this is where another aspect of racing games comes into play: tuning, if you tune a car properly you will rarely find the task difficult.
And this is the beginning of an unexpectedly condescending reply, but it boils down to a point I can't argue with: difficulty is dependent on skill. If I encounter difficulty in a racing game, it's because I'm just not doing it right.
I'm too lazy or incompetent to learn how to tune cars (or relearn as I didn't find it a problem in the FM4 days) but feel that Horizon makes it relatively easy for me to select the best tune for a particular task simply by looking at the stats and popularity rating of each one in the browser.

I find the lateral grip statistic is invaluable for finding out which setup will corner more easily and the max speed and acceleration stats are useful for knowing whether my car will keep up with the bots and other racers.

Not saying that this makes up for any difficulty or tedium regular players may encounter, but their making good setups easier to find helps remove at least part of the hassle of staying competitive to me.

Last edited:
That’s actually their new “template” for trial pictures as far as I’m aware - recently they’ve all had a shot where the eligible cars are driving alongside the prize car. Neat little way of condensing it into one pic if you ask me.
Actually, my bad. I didn't notice it before.

If it wasn't for the playlists, I probably wouldn't open FH5 from one week to the next, much less play it.
I only play it now with my club. Maybe the occasional livery but Monday is race night.

I got 400+ hours out of this game "for free" with Game Pass, so no regrets.

I'm too lazy or incompetent to learn how to tune cars (or relearn as I didn't find it a problem in the FM4 days) but feel that Horizon makes it relatively easy for me to select the best tune for a particular task simply by looking at the stats and popularity rating of each one in the browser.

I find the lateral grip statistic is invaluable for finding out which setup will corner more easily and the max speed and acceleration stats are useful for knowing whether my car will keep up with the bots and other racers.

Not saying that this makes up for any difficulty or tedium regular players may encounter, but their making good setups easier to find helps remove at least part of the hassle of staying competitive to me.
I wouldn't say I've ever learnt how to properly tune a vehicle, but I do know how to improve one quite well now. Every so often one of my tunes will prove quite popular for some reason, not as in thousands of downloads unfortunately, but I consider a few hundred downloads good for me.

The only thing that I've struggled with since starting to play FH many, many years ago is the liveries. I really do doff my hat to some of the designs I see in game and on this site. Basic designs I can do but I'm just not artistically blessed 😂😂😂.

On the other hand, I don't know what other way there could be to get a car in a racing game than racing and do tasks. If a car could be bought from the dealership straight away, the game would become boring even quicker, because getting money in this game and the price of cars is also a joke.

There's always room for a compromise option though - if you want a new car the moment it's available, win it with seasonal tasks. If you don't want to do that, or haven't bought the game yet, or don't have the skill to complete the tasks yet, there's nothing to stop them adding a fallback option later down the line to make that car more widely available, e.g. after two months it's added to the Autoshow for normal purchase.

The Crew: Wild Run did this to more of an extreme, where the top few thousand players on each platform could win the new cars a few months before they were widely available, and in fact Playground themselves started experimenting with something like this with the Backstage Pass system in FH4, where later seasonals awarded tokens that could be traded for certain previous prize cars.

The other side of this point also comes up frequently too, which is that all of these dozens of cars being added are generally unavailable long-term. I played FH3 between 4 and 5, and it was a really unenjoyable experience to play a racing game where about 30% of the car list was made up of content that was included in the price but I wasn't allowed to use because I bought the game too late. It's not even as if they were on the Auction House either, as the players who had won them originally had generally either kept them, sold them a long time ago, or quit playing for FH4.

I can only see it purely as a player retention tactic - play it now or miss out, and if you missed out or want a second one you need to keep playing until it's a prize again. It's in their favour, not ours.

I'm just going to leave this here

I switched my Xbox on at 3:46 this afternoon and picked up the 40pt car at 5:10.

Whilst hooning around Mexico in an Italian hypercar (Sian Roadster) the uppermost thought on my mind was "yeah, this is exactly like doing the bloody dishes".

Actually that's a complete lie and what I was really thinking was "If I'd timed this right I could have done the Rally Adventure championship in a Lancia 037".

Last edited:
I switched my Xbox on at 3:46 this afternoon and picked up the 40pt car at 5:10.

Whilst hooning around Mexico in an Italian hypercar (Sian Roadster) the uppermost thought on my mind was "yeah, this is exactly like doing the bloody dishes".

Actually that's a complete lie and what I was really thinking was "If I'd timed this right I could have done the Rally Adventure championship in a Lancia 037".
Just redo the rally championship in the Lancia 037... What's the problem?

This season's 595 D class championship has been one of the most time-consuming and frustrating experiences I've had in the series, or the game in recent months.

First, I used a D500 595 that I had previously upgraded. I4 swap, stock tires. The car tends to understeer, but that doesn't mean it can't be driven.
The AI has power equal to or greater than this tune, and is equipped with the ultimate tires that allow it to run through any corner at high speed. I tried restarting the race several times to reset the AI difficulty, and re-setting the alignment and dampers, but the result was the same.
Second try. I reflected on the lack of grip and upgraded to a stock motor+supercharger and high-pressure drag tires.
The result was worse than the first time. They still have cheating grip, and power of the I4 swap. And this new tune just can't match them on the straights.

After that, I retuned the tune many times and an hour passed.
I learned one thing there. It's best to revert to stock to disable their cheats.

This season's 595 D class championship has been one of the most time-consuming and frustrating experiences I've had in the series, or the game in recent months.
Don'tGivaDeuce's D500 tune worked first time for me as usual. The AI caught up on the corners but I could take them on the straights just about.

Last edited:

I've been doing it in the Delta and am part way through but may switch to the 037 now 😜. I'd love to say I left the DLC just for the Stellantis cars but it's more that I was waiting for summer to finish...

Although now it's 30C!!!!!!! in the UK (wtf) it'll wait another week ... 😎

Well you could get in touch with a German tuner by the name of PlageBLN (he frequents the fm.net forums). He has a share code for the tune, plus a livery for this car.

And of course, he too, complained about the horrible AI in many instances... but the devs said they will not fix it.

Last edited:
Still holding out for anything Gordon Murray Automotive related. I would pay good money for a 4 car DLC pack with the T50, T50S, T33 and T33 Spyder. Yet another German Super Saloon is okay I guess but I don't quite get the fascination.

I've been doing it in the Delta and am part way through but may switch to the 037 now 😜. I'd love to say I left the DLC just for the Stellantis cars but it's more that I was waiting for summer to finish...

Although now it's 30C!!!!!!! in the UK (wtf) it'll wait another week ... 😎
That was another reason I wanted to finish up in a hurry. I wanted to switch the console off before it started melting. The Delta did the job for me although I did the first race in a Ferrari F50 for some reason.

Last edited:
Agree.
It's not that I hate BMWs, but I'm a little bored with the latest BMWs, Audis and Porsches. Like Ferraris and Lambos.
Compared to FH4, I feel that there is a more noticeable bias in the models and brands added in FH5.
Of course, there may be reasons for the demand for those brands and models, as well as their ease of licensing and scanning, but I would like to see more variety brands, models and categorys.

Last edited:
Back