Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,956 comments
I remember glancing at the map as I went past that junction and thinking the guy put it in just to fool the unwary. That EventLab must be a riot in multiplayer. Managed to make my lap times OK though.

Last edited:
I've been trying out a lot of builds for the Nissan 240SX that we're going to have to use for 3 speed traps at 600 PI next week. I've managed to get it to over 400kph for the motorway speed trap! I'll share the tune once the new season starts and I've confirmed 100% it can easily beat the speeds for the 3 speed traps.

After 9 years i have changed my PP, feels weird.
rip lil buddy
NEWS_4638_1.jpg

Okay, my tune for the Nissan 240SX is absolutely nuts, 1270hp C class. There can't be many tracks that are speed focused enough for it to work on them, but I've done a PB for Descansar Dorado with it, and have shared it so Jezza can try to beat his Ford Coupe time with it if he wants. It's shared as "Seasnl spd traps". I had shared an earlier one that I called "Speedy" because at the time I thought it was quite speed biased, but it's lower speed and has better handling than the speed traps one. The speed traps one is faster for all 3 of the speed traps coming up next week, but I was surprised to be able to go faster for Descansar with it as well.

descansar nissan 240sx.jpg

Last edited:
Missed the livestream and everything this month.

It's crazy to see the increase in the quality of updates from this year to last year.

Series 10: Extreme E (one of the worst received updates, enough said)
Series 11: Rami's Racing History (not a bad update, 7 decents cars and decentish story)
Series 12: Horizon Road Trip (pretty meh update, 5 decent cars but not much else)
Series 13: Horizon Anniversary (pretty good update, good story and props, only 5 cars with none new to forza though)
Series 14: Donut Media (the worst update IMO, only 4 cars with no relation to the theme of the update)

versus

Series 20: High Performance (4 new to forza cars + the new stadium track which was a great addition)
Series 21: Explore the Horizon (6 new to forza cars + awesome photomode improvements)
Series 22: Upgrade Heroes (13 cars in this update, solid story and way more thematic to donut media)
Series 23: Summer Party (pretty solid update, 6 cars including the GR86)
Series 24: Italian Automotive (23 cars in 1 update, speaks for itself)
Series 25: Horizon Creatives (Huge event lab overhaul + 8 cars, mostly new to forza)

Also - we've now passed FH4's car count! Only took almost two years!!

Fordthon...To be exact, the terrible thing about Renaulthon was that even Renault had all recycled content.

Renault 5 EV Concept, Renault 5 Turbo 3E, Renault Sport R.S.01, Renault Twizy F1...If even one of the great Renaults that haven't appeared in Forza had been added, this update would be a little better than the worst...

Missed the livestream and everything this month.

It's crazy to see the increase in the quality of updates from this year to last year.

Series 10: Extreme E (one of the worst received updates, enough said)
Series 11: Rami's Racing History (not a bad update, 7 decents cars and decentish story)
Series 12: Horizon Road Trip (pretty meh update, 5 decent cars but not much else)
Series 13: Horizon Anniversary (pretty good update, good story and props, only 5 cars with none new to forza though)
Series 14: Donut Media (the worst update IMO, only 4 cars with no relation to the theme of the update)

versus

Series 20: High Performance (4 new to forza cars + the new stadium track which was a great addition)
Series 21: Explore the Horizon (6 new to forza cars + awesome photomode improvements)
Series 22: Upgrade Heroes (13 cars in this update, solid story and way more thematic to donut media)
Series 23: Summer Party (pretty solid update, 6 cars including the GR86)
Series 24: Italian Automotive (23 cars in 1 update, speaks for itself)
Series 25: Horizon Creatives (Huge event lab overhaul + 8 cars, mostly new to forza)

Also - we've now passed FH4's car count! Only took almost two years!!
Someone say this improvement thingy is because Mike Brown and some of the other developers left.

I was not buying that at first, but these updates are indeed much better after he left PGG. Are these two matters really relate? Got me wonder... are they the ones to blame? Why they were making those decisions when they did have the resources?

And what's the name of that update, which included 3 recycled wagons/travelers that basically no one requested for?

I was not buying that at first, but these updates are indeed much better after he left PGG. Are these two matters really relate? Got me wonder... are they the ones to blame? Why they were making those decisions when they did have the resources?
I personally think that it is because the second expansion released (roughly coinciding with Mike Brown leaving) and freed up a lot of the developers to push through with these bigger updates.

They also saw a good uplift in player numbers during the expansion, so it makes sense to drop some hotly requested cars to retain a bigger audience. Besides, most of these updates would be planned under Mike brown himself with little changes.

I also assume that a good chunk of the PGG (FH) team are working on FH6, and some of those features (like the special sand/smoke effects from rally adventure, and the advanced reflections from hot wheels) were trickled down from the FH6 development. Even if FH6 is 2 years away, the location should be picked and (probably) mostly mapped out.

I won't stay on the topic of FH6 for too long, but I hope PGG takes inspiration from the rally expansion roads and that the FH6 map isn't tailored for the eliminator mode.
I strongly agree. I'm not a fan of Eliminator.
Of course I understand that this mode has its fans, but it's ridiculous that the design of the entire map is affected by a mode that not all players play and is not the main content of the game.

Someone say this improvement thingy is because Mike Brown and some of the other developers left.

And what's the name of that update, which included 3 recycled wagons/travelers that basically no one requested for?
That was Donut Media - Series 14.
I personally think that it is because the second expansion released (roughly coinciding with Mike Brown leaving) and freed up a lot of the developers to push through with these bigger updates.

They also saw a good uplift in player numbers during the expansion, so it makes sense to drop some hotly requested cars to retain a bigger audience. Besides, most of these updates would be planned under Mike brown himself with little changes.

I also assume that a good chunk of the PGG (FH) team are working on FH6, and some of those features (like the special sand/smoke effects from rally adventure, and the advanced reflections from hot wheels) were trickled down from the FH6 development. Even if FH6 is 2 years away, the location should be picked and (probably) mostly mapped out.
I think this is a very good point, and just looking at the improvements in Event Labs 2.0, it could very well be a signal into the changes we could see for the mode in FH6. Just like FH4 saw the introduction of Super7 late into it's life cycle - which ended up being EventLab in FH5.

And we know they've enlisted the help of external studios for some of these updates - like Wushu studios for the Explore the Horizon update. Perhaps they have/will expand on the use of external help to further bring these more meaty updates to FH5.

I really doubt it's completely down to all of the 7 PG employees leaving and starting Maverick Games.

Yep, it'll be exactly this. It's no coincidence that when they were modelling lots of new cars for the expansions that the free content during that period focused more on tidied-up existing models.

See, I don't agree that it was just the new expansion that freed devs up. Monthly content updates aren't something you can plan out a whole half-year in advance; my best guess based on what I've been seeing here in this thread is that they only plan out two months in advance--one month for the update after the current one, and an extra month to figure out what the update after that will be.

There's definitely going to be exceptions, like big tentpole feature updates or future collaborations--Horizon Creatives is definitely one of these--but for the most part I imagine Playground just plays by ear as best it can, at least right now. Under Mike Brown, post-Car Pass anyway, FH5's reward cars tended more towards a) nostalgia, through the Hot Wheels expansion and Horizon Anniversary, b) extending Forza's appeal to China--see the Sunshine, the Xpeng, and the two Lynk and Co. cars--and c) making its licensing partners happy than adding anything from the most requested cars list.

I guess also d) prioritizing old models for the sake of gauging player interest but even that's died down recently.

My two cents on what's going on with Horizon Creatives' car list is basically: Playground decided to focus on making EventLab 2.0 ready for prime time, and decided to let Microsoft/Turn 10 lead on what cars to add. This is not an update to bring cars, as was the case with the last few great updates and will probably be the case with Dia de Muertos, this is a feature update and the Playlist reward cars being farmed out to BMW and Rivian is a strong indication of that.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon Friday...
Forza Horizon Saturday...
Forza Horizon Sunday...
Forza Horizon Monday...
IMG_20230911_170849.jpg

"Play anwhere"... :lol:

This has been the situation since Starfield launched. 4 days later...
View attachment 1286607
After 23 minutes, it now says Wait 15 minutes.

Just the 38 minutes to start up Forza Horizon 5 then...!

Imagine the wait time when they add FM23 on to the Servers...

Would be quicker to download it...!
if I didn't have a Series S... 😡😡
If only they knew this was going to happen months ago when they revealed the Starfield release date. Oh wait... 🙄

Imagine the comment boards if large numbers miss out on the cars next week because of this. Thank God I did my 40 points on Thursday for once!

Forza Horizon Friday...
Forza Horizon Saturday...
Forza Horizon Sunday...
Forza Horizon Monday...
View attachment 1286608

If only they knew this was going to happen months ago when they revealed the Starfield release date. Oh wait... 🙄

Imagine the comment boards if large numbers miss out on the cars next week because of this. Thank God I did my 40 points on Thursday for once!
Every time I see this screen it reminds me of Star Fleet and X Bomber. I keep expecting in vain hope to see Dai X drop down from under it and assemble.

I think one reason we are getting so many nice cars first in FH5 is that FM2023 was delayed by roughly 6 months. This probably changed their plans in terms of giving FH5 more attention since FM2023 wouldn't arrive to keep players logging in to Forza on Gamepass...

VXR
Posted on Twitter by the official account. So, what is the most requested car? I don't go over on Forza Official.

View attachment 1286654
If the theme of the next series update is Mexico and they make this kind of hype, it's likely to be either the B13 Nissan Sentra/Tsuru.

They originally listed this car (B13 Sentra SE-R) as one of the candidates for release as Jalopnik DLC for FM3.
Unfortunately, this car was eliminated from the tournament for DLC rights. However, many of the other losers who were candidates for this Jalopnik DLC continued to be added to the Forza series from FM3 onwards. It continues even today.

In addition, the B13 received many requests from users in various places such as official forums and reddit as a "Mexican-like'' car.
After over a year, I wouldn't be surprised if they finally decided to add this car.

Me in sarcastic mode: It's either another Huracan or another (insert random 3-digit number here) (insert random 2-letter alphabet here) McLaren model.

If the theme of the next series update is Mexico and they make this kind of hype, it's likely to be either the B13 Nissan Sentra/Tsuru.

They originally listed this car (B13 Sentra SE-R) as one of the candidates for release as Jalopnik DLC for FM3.
Unfortunately, this car was eliminated from the tournament for DLC rights. However, many of the other losers who were candidates for this Jalopnik DLC continued to be added to the Forza series from FM3 onwards. It continues even today.

In addition, the B13 received many requests from users in various places such as official forums and reddit as a "Mexican-like'' car.
After over a year, I wouldn't be surprised if they finally decided to add this car.

Me in sarcastic mode: It's either another Huracan or another (insert random 3-digit number here) (insert random 2-letter alphabet here) McLaren model.
I think it's absolutely gonna be the Tsuru. Thing's used as a taxicab in Mexico, it would be a quirky addition, and, assuming the theme is 'Made in Mexico' (which, Dia de los Muertos is a distinctly Mexican holiday, c'mon) it would fit right alongside actual Mexican Beetles and other potentially memey cars that have a place in Mesoamerican car culture.

It's gonna be interesting for sure, 'cause if I remember right we did get a new model Sentra in Horizon Road Trip--if the Tsuru doesn't get added that might make for an easy explanation why.

I think it's absolutely gonna be the Tsuru. Thing's used as a taxicab in Mexico, it would be a quirky addition, and, assuming the theme is 'Made in Mexico' (which, Dia de los Muertos is a distinctly Mexican holiday, c'mon) it would fit right alongside actual Mexican Beetles and other potentially memey cars that have a place in Mesoamerican car culture.

It's gonna be interesting for sure, 'cause if I remember right we did get a new model Sentra in Horizon Road Trip--if the Tsuru doesn't get added that might make for an easy explanation why.
This is probably an overly optimistic expectation considering Suzuki's absence from the Forza franchise for over a decade, but the 1991 Suzuki Samurai found in parsing the game files may also be added in the next update.

I don't know much about the popularity of this car in Mexico, but I heard that the latest model Jimny (Samurai's other name in Japan and some regions, including Mexico) sold out in an instant.
On the forums and reddit, many players requested the addition of this car due to FH5's Mexico location.
If the next update isn't something with fake themes like the Renaulthon or Donut "Woody" Media update, we might get this car with Tsuru.

Given PG's penchant for the current F-150, I can absolutely see them adding a Mexican market, base model Lobo or something just because.

Last edited:
We could also possibly get the Mark 8 Golf R in the next update, it’s in the top 20 most requested cars and from what one of the stories told, the Golf is popular in Mexico and used to be made there too.

Plus the Mark 8 Golf R got confirmed for the new FM last week, and given that so many new cars from FM ended up in FH5, I think it would be an easy port for PG to do, and it would be a very welcome addition.

Last edited:
I bet the Tsuru/Sentra will be in October Update. It's the most requested car At the Moment and fits with the Mexican Celebration.
Another car would be a Super Beetle (listed in Leaked List, known here in Italy as Maggiolone) or another Volkswagen (the Golf R MK8 since it's on FM2023?)

Back