Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,957 comments
I enjoyed the Mudkicker's EventLab so much I went back and did the Dirtkicker's Rally Monster version which was even more fun (although perhaps not for the AI which kept ending up getting stuck on walls with two wheels hanging over the front).
The Eventlabs have been really good this week haven't they.

The Eventlabs have been really good this week haven't they.
The beach one was good. I can't even remember the Autodromo despite finishing it this morning but it can't've been bad or I'd be moaning about it on here like Victor Meldrew.

Trial was easier than last week especially in my specially marked GT-R.

IMG_20230922_211948.jpg

Last edited:
The beach one was good. I can't even remember the Autodromo despite finishing it this morning but it can't've been bad or I'd be moaning about it on here like Victor Meldrew.

Trial was easier than last week especially in my specially marked GT-R.

View attachment 1289255
It was the Mudkickers one I really enjoyed. Nice flowing muddy corners on varied cambers, great fun.

Love the livery 😂😭

It was the Mudkickers one I really enjoyed. Nice flowing muddy corners on varied cambers, great fun.

Love the livery 😂😭
Thanks. Scads of elevation changes coupled with the novel solution to crossovers (just launch the car a hundred feet into the sky) it was a memorable track which stood out in my mind. Definitely one of my favourite user generated tracks so far. As you said it had plenty of flow.

Last edited:
Thanks. Scads of elevation changes coupled with the novel solution to crossovers (just launch the car a hundred feet into the sky) it was a memorable track which stood out in my mind. Definitely one of my favourite user generated tracks so far.
I need to go looking for the track in the Eventlab and grab it's share code, but that's a job for tomorrow. It's time for the wife and I to settle down and watch a good horror film. It's our Friday night thing.

I need to go looking for the track in the Eventlab and grab it's share code, but that's a job for tomorrow. It's time for the wife and I to settle down and watch a good horror film. It's our Friday night thing.
There are several versions of the track for different car classes.

Disney+ suggested that No One Will Save You movie with the shut-in antisocial homebody bird who has to deal with an alien home invasion. Since it has about one line of dialogue, I think I'll go back to bingeing Red Dwarf instead, lol. Started on Saturday and I'm already halfway through series six.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure they never exported it. I loved it, very unique vibe and craziness.
They did so an American pilot but it bombed - they just couldn't get the idea of sitcom characters without catchphrases, and an audience who were told when to laugh.

Original British version is so much better apart from series 7 when they went too heavy on the storytelling, and series 9 which never happened....

Yeah, I'm sure they never exported it. I loved it, very unique vibe and craziness.
They definitely aired it on my local PBS (public television) affiliate in the States, and probably elsewhere in the country too. Surprisingly little of it went over my teenage American head, though I did have to learn via context clues what a "curry" was.

We watched Knock at the Cabin in the end. Not bad but could've been better. A lack of gore and never felt connected to the characters.

Agree with all the Red Dwarf comments. A true classic. I still base my fashion sense on Dwayne Dibley.

They did so an American pilot but it bombed - they just couldn't get the idea of sitcom characters without catchphrases, and an audience who were told when to laugh.

Original British version is so much better apart from series 7 when they went too heavy on the storytelling, and series 9 which never happened....
I loved Red Dwarf but haven`t seen it beyond season 6.
Just had a look on wikipedia: there are even more seasons! 7-12. Gotta find out more about that and where I can watch them 🧐
I also very much enjoyed Blackadder, Doctor Who and of course: Monty Python 😁

I loved Red Dwarf but haven`t seen it beyond season 6.
Just had a look on wikipedia: there are even more seasons! 7-12. Gotta find out more about that and where I can watch them 🧐
I also very much enjoyed Blackadder, Doctor Who and of course: Monty Python 😁
Strictly stick to the BBC episodes of Red Dwarf. The episodes produced for Dave aren't half as good.

BlackAdder and Monty Python are true classics along with Father Ted, Fawlty Towers, Porridge, Dad's Army and The Fast Show (just off the top of my head that list).

Sylvester McCoy is my Doctor, and the lovely Ace.

Anyhow back to the car stuff...... I don't think I've sailed through a whole week's events as fast as I have done this week. I've enjoyed this week's stuff a lot, perhaps that's why it's gone by so quickly.

Coronation Street would come to mind since it has been around since 1960 (at least that is what IMCDb says otherwise).

Going back to the general discussion of FH5: I hope we do get the '22 Subaru BRZ. I mean we got its Toyota cousin now. Same goes for the M2 Comp.

Sorry I am late but here are pics of the iX.
1695863433804.png

1695863449749.png

My take on this: I don't really like the design. Walk around one in real life and you will find virtually no angles where it doesn't look stupid or visually offensive. The infamous fake grille complements this. Here's hoping MotorTrend and all other car journalist sites in the future lists this as one of the Ugliest Cars of the 2020s in 2030.

My take on this: I don't really like the design. Walk around one in real life and you will find virtually no angles where it doesn't look stupid or visually offensive. The infamous fake grille complements this. Here's hoping MotorTrend and all other car journalist sites in the future lists this as one of the Ugliest Cars of the 2020s in 2030.
100% agree.
This car seems to be a symbol of BMW's design downfall.
It's ugly from every angle, and the design is childish and unbecoming of the BMW brand.
Perhaps even if a child were born between the Hummer H2 and the Pontiac Aztek, it would look more beautiful and elegant than the iX.

Sorry I am late but here are pics of the iX.
Pics taken out for the safety of everyone's eyes

Jesus mate put a spoiler tag or something, I almost puked and I believe I might be blind out of one eye now. :lol:

Jesus mate put a spoiler tag or something, I almost puked and I believe I might be blind out of one eye now. :lol:
If I'm forced to make a choice... give me cartoon headlights over mutant grilles anytime. :P

IMG_20230928_023813.jpg

I find the Rivian's styling to be so uninspired that I can't even think of it as offensive/ugly. It's a generic GTA pickup/SUV brought to life.
Same here. Even if you play chase cam you'll only see it from the back anyway.

Back