Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,957 comments
I think both Rivian vehicles look like a joint design collaboration between Stevie Wonder, Roy Orbison and their guide dogs, absolutely awful. My eyeballs hurt each time I have the wretched misfortune to gaze in their direction.

I swear if Medusa gazed upon them she would turn to stone herself just to ease the pain.
Saw an article where it cost someone like $40k to fix a fender bender on these with how the body panels are designed. Made by a start up for their looks over real word function of a pick up truck.

Last edited:
The most offensive part about the iX is that they haven't included the best part about the iX :grumpy:

Doing the Trial and a couple of Eventlab races was very little effort this week, and you had to do one of the Eventlabs anyway to get the Rivian...

In my Trial I was the only one with an upgraded Skyline, and we still won easily. Admittedly I did get to the front and slow down the AI in both races, but still... Street Races with traffic cars tend to be chaotic but it all went fine this time.

I enjoyed the Rivian-earning Eventlab especially, since although it was just a muddy field turned into a race track it was fun to see the surface deformation in action.

I have to say, the BMW iX is as ugly as sin. But you can install a wide body kit and the electric motors of the Rimac Nevera on it.

As for the Rivian, I'm surprised it's pretty quick for an EV pickup, and that it turns on a dime for a vehicle of its size. Makes my Barbie edition GMC Hummer EV feel as fast as a snail and handle like a brick-**** outhouse.

Last edited:
Are you drunk good Sir? Because the designers of that monstrosity were absolutely smashed when they "designed" that thing.
No. And to be frank the design is fairly tolerable other than the awkward lights.

While we're up there Britian has their own share of awful vehicles. Some of them ugly too. The worst of that is the Glenfrome Facet which looked like a unholy mutation of a Lamborghini LM002, AMC Gremlin, some botched makeup and a severe industrial accident. That so-called 'go-anywhere sport coupe' is a literal eyesore by comparison. Google that car and you'll understand why.

Rivian's R1T and R1S by comparison is fairly tolerable. It didn't look like some ridiculous design that the past decades had like the Suzuki X-90 for example. I mean come on, they were featured on this very site years ago, and no one called it ugly back then.

Even MotorTrend did a yearlong review of the R1T Launch Edition (which was altered in some way)

Last edited:
No. And to be frank the design is fairly tolerable other than the awkward lights.
While we're up there Britian has their own share of awful vehicles. Some of them ugly too. The worst of that is the Glenfrome Facet which looked like a unholy mutation of a Lamborghini LM002, AMC Gremlin, some botched makeup and a severe industrial accident. That so-called 'go-anywhere sport coupe' is a literal eyesore by comparison.

Rivian's R1T and R1S by comparison is fairly tolerable. It didn't look like some ridiculous design that the past decades had like the Suzuki X-90 for example. I mean come on, they were featured on this very site years ago, and no one called it ugly back then.

Even MotorTrend did a yearlong review of the R1T Launch Edition (which was altered in some way)
Oh mate I'm not having a pop because the vehicles are American. I just think they look bloody awful. It is the lights that are the main problem, they have been designed by someone who is clearly having a laugh.

You are right, us lot in good old Blighty are just as responsible for some right bloody eyesores. Almost any "British Futuristic Sports Car" design from the 1970s in my book is pretty awful.

You are right, us lot in good old Blighty are just as responsible for some right bloody eyesores. Almost any "British Futuristic Sports Car" design from the 1970s in my book is pretty awful.
The Austin Allegro reminds us why ugliness exists for a reason. It's been on TVTropes and people hated it, even non-UK people disliked the Allegro. There was even an upscale version from Vanden Plas. The Facet I mentioned is from 1983.

Shifting away from ugliness, I see that translation issues are still going strong... and as usual, again, the German translation has yet another screwup. In German the treasure challenge is listed as Rush Festival instead of Apex Festival. The aforementioned German tuner and paint designer PlageBLN mentioned it on the forums but he noted that these translation issues are a constant. Also has the classic case of not knowing what a street race or a street scene race is in Deutsche.

I only play games in English, but I'm sure translation issues have to be addressed at some point, right?

Last edited:
So this happend to me today. I´ve been online and even raced (or tried to) the trial. I got kicked out of that 4 times during the 2nd race though. Maybe it´s just my crappy internet :irked:
IMG_20230921_181935.jpg
IMG_20230921_181943.jpg

I like the rivian better then the hummer ev for offroading. It just seems faster and handles better. The hummer is just a big tank thats quick on its feet but it does look better then basic happy faced rivian

So this happend to me today. I´ve been online and even raced (or tried to) the trial. I got kicked out of that 4 times during the 2nd race though. Maybe it´s just my crappy internet :irked:
View attachment 1289015View attachment 1289016

I haven't seen this bug rear it's ugly head in a while 😥. It use to hit me every so often but hasn't for about 12 months. I use to fix it by exiting the game fully and hard resetting my Xbox. Try that bud and hopefully it'll fix it.

I'm throwing my hat into the "I like the looks of the Rivian" camp. I work as a dispatcher in a courier company, and I just had someone pick something up from our warehouse in a Rivian truck. It looks great in the flesh.
Did they reverse up to warehouse bud 😂😂😉

I like Rivian's design. It doesn't resemble any of the big three, or Toyota or Nissan pickups, and whether it's beautiful or not, it has a freshness that makes it feel like a futuristic truck straight out of a science fiction movie.

However, this car's headlights (which I thought were the front grille) look like Dyson's bladeless fans.

dyson-fan-update.jpg

I don't especially like the Rivians, but I don't think they are that awful either. They have a kinda generic "appliance-looking electric vehicle" style to them which isn't that appealing, but when lined up against a lot of modern crossover SUVs I think I actually prefer the boxy design of the Rivian to the melted SUV look of many crossovers.

Things like the Glenfrome Facet are indeed ugly, but they also have character and their attempt is endearing. They tried, did something different, and ultimately it failed but they took a risk which is respectable.

As much as we’re talking about the Rivian’s looks, let’s not forget the performance side of it, especially with a good tune for A Class Off-roading. :P

image.jpg

That’s the Tropico Cross Country leaderboard and yes that’s 21st globally for A Class on that route. :eek:

If the Rivian's came from Maranello and had a Pininfarina badge on them It wouldn't change exactly what they are.
disgusting-disgusteng.gif

(That being said, They are undoubtedly popular and I understand others like them so I'm happy they are in the game. Always nice to see new brands added)

Last edited:
I haven't seen this bug rear it's ugly head in a while 😥. It use to hit me every so often but hasn't for about 12 months. I use to fix it by exiting the game fully and hard resetting my Xbox. Try that bud and hopefully it'll fix it.
Thanks bud, all is well. Did all 3 eventlabs today without any trouble. I even finished the trial in one go 😁
Looks like all it needed was a restart and 24 hours of rest. Never had this bug before. Guess there is a first time for everything.

Ah good. Glad it's sorted 👍

I enjoyed the Mudkicker's EventLab so much I went back and did the Dirtkicker's Rally Monster version which was even more fun (although perhaps not for the AI which kept ending up getting stuck on walls with two wheels hanging over the front).

Last edited:
Back