Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,987 comments
To be honest, I find neither the Rivian nor the BMWhatever all that ugly. They both just look really, really, really boring. Heck, even the new M2 is uglier (yet I can't wait to unlock it :lol:)

Pontiac Aztec is (IMO) a good example of a really effing ugly car.

Ali
Pontiac Aztec is (IMO) a good example of a really effing ugly car.
It does look a little bit like a unibrowed yokel with buck teeth. :dopey:

2002-05_Pontiac_Aztek.jpg

I hope it drives good.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm the weirdo for liking the BMW iX.
And I'm also the weirdo that likes the 2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet - which Forza needs. The idea sounded weird, but nearly every journalist site in the United States trashed this car, saying it's ugly, awful, and all sorts of negativity. I don't get it. Juke gets all the hate, not a Murano that was turned into a convertible. I saw one of these back in my high school days as a freshman (right around the time the original Forza Horizon came out) and I didn't vomit at all.

Sorry I am late but here are pics of the iX.
View attachment 1290509
View attachment 1290510
My take on this: I don't really like the design. Walk around one in real life and you will find virtually no angles where it doesn't look stupid or visually offensive. The infamous fake grille complements this. Here's hoping MotorTrend and all other car journalist sites in the future lists this as one of the Ugliest Cars of the 2020s in 2030.
So, just for fun, I drove this earlier this week:

1695918900500.png

1695918870665.png

GTP QDR coming soon :D

Looks like I'm the weirdo for liking the BMW iX.
Judging by the post two above this one, perhaps you're not the only weirdo. :eek::lol:
And I'm also the weirdo that likes the 2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet - which Forza needs. The idea sounded weird, but nearly every journalist site in the United States trashed this car, saying it's ugly, awful, and all sorts of negativity. I don't get it. Juke gets all the hate, not a Murano that was turned into a convertible. I saw one of these back in my high school days as a freshman (right around the time the original Forza Horizon came out) and I didn't vomit at all.
It looks pretty sporty with the top down to me, especially for an SUV.

Last edited:
I still think the new M2 is one of the ugliest BMW designs of all time, but it's still cool to get a brand new car in a game like this.
I'd rather take the style of the M2 over the iX since it doesn't have that goppingly awful grille.

Still, it's great being able to race against AI on user created tracks although I wish we could whack the difficulty up like in FH4.
Be careful what you wish for... the Unbeatable Track Toy AI kicked my arse on this week's flat Onyx Bridge Circuit racetrack. I had to turn on traction and stability control to get a look in. Perhaps having the odd banked turn on the track was too much to ask for?

It and the Ewok Village Rally were well constructed though and looked great. Can't wait until they start setting events on EventLab Island.

Last edited:
Meanwhile on fm.net forums...
Translation issues, again, continue to have a hard time for non-English users. In Japanese, Wrecking Ball seems to be translated to Reeling Ball. 🤦‍♂️ Like, what??

My question is this: Who at PG is responsible for these busted translation errors?

About the video: Oh lord, I better get a lot of snacks. Could you import some British candy?

Last edited:
Meanwhile on fm.net forums...
Translation issues, again, continue to have a hard time for non-English users. In Japanese, Wrecking Ball seems to be translated to Reeling Ball. 🤦‍♂️ Like, what??

My question is this: Who at PG is responsible for these busted translation errors?
They couldn't even get this right in English, it was spelt "Wreaking Ball" in this week's #Forzathon.

Sounds like Moses B. except it seems like he's changed his name on Youtube now, he's brought up some good points in some of his past FH videos too.

Damn, this guy really went in on FH5. (He actually makes some good points though)

From what I could understand from the video Moses and Serp complain about playlists being boring because they don't require you to say be in the top fifty percent of players, which would result in cars being locked away from half the playerbase. Elsewhere he complains about cars being locked away from the playerbase. He complains that the developer listens to players resulting in hypercars and supercars being made available at a constant rate, but seems to be angry that they're not listening to him instead.

He seems to be arguing that the game is poorly designed because it's too easy but doesn't offer any reasons why upping the difficulty would make it more fun to play for anyone except the fraction of the userbase who are adept at completing the objectives. His consistent complaint is that the game is tedious and uncompelling but the endless negativity over two hours makes for a tedious and uncompelling "critique" (there are a lot of air quotes in the script).

I think the few changes he actually suggests would make the game more like The Crew: Motorfest, a title which seems to me to gatekeep a lot of the content from players who aren't prepared to grind and regrind large amounts of content in order to obtain more than a fraction of the rewards on offer. I'm sorry I bought that game and will probably drop it once I've completed the eight or so playlists currently on offer. Horizon, however, I'll continue to play week after week because it has a gameplay loop which, although often unchallenging, is comfortable and predictable to play.

I could be wrong about the video but I began to zone out after the first hour of monotonous snark and negativity. Think I'll stick with roflwaffle who at least appears to have some passion for his subject. Horizon isn't the perfect game, but constantly telling us what's wrong with it for hours with little conclusion besides "do better" makes for a tough video to watch. Perhaps he'd be better off taking this to the official forums where some poor community manager would be forced to listen to his points and pass them onto PG's dev team rather than creating a near impenetrable rant video, but that wouldn't generate the clicks.

Last edited:
No game is perfect. And after 2 full years anyone who plays it a lot will have irritations or annoyances which crop up. No surprise there :D

I agree completely that FH5 is aimed at that broad 30 million+ audience, many of whom are on Gamepass. It has enough issues as it is hiding cars behind weekly challenges (if you can't play that week), but to make those challenges too hard for a large chunk of the player base would be crazy.

If you want something of much harder difficulty then look elsewhere. Forza is about appealing to the masses, with infinite rewinds, magic controller assistance, pretty graphics, huge impressive car lists, etc...

Last edited:
I think it's telling that 24,500 people watched the video and only 454 people hit the like button. I wonder how many made it through to the end.

There is also a certain amount of players on other websites such as forums and reddit who want more difficult playlists.
But they miss two points. One is that, as @UKMikey has already pointed out, difficult content can throw many players out of the game.
Another point is that the current system overlooks the fact that while it is easy for players to increase the difficulty level, it is nearly impossible to lower it.

If you're looking for a higher level of difficulty, there are many ways to do it.
There are also ways to use RWD, cut assists, and try the lowest possible PI for PR stunts.
As with other games, the game can be made as difficult as you want by intentionally setting limits.

However, it is difficult for players to intentionally lower the difficulty level. FH5 is a game of the 2020s. There are no official cheat codes like in classic GTA from the 2000s.
The playlist's AI difficulty level is fixed, so you can't race against the tourist AI.

In other words, people who want high-difficulty content are selfish people who don't make the effort to increase the difficulty themselves and are willing to sacrifice other players.

I've reached the multiplayer section of the video and the delivery of guest commentator Quack is far easier to take than that of the main narrator. He's honest about the game's faults but doesn't seem to be filled with as much bile as Moses.
However, it is difficult for players to intentionally lower the difficulty level. FH5 is a game of the 2020s. There are no official cheat codes like in classic GTA from the 2000s.
The playlist's AI difficulty level is fixed, so you can't race against the tourist AI.
I've noticed that the AI difficulty in this week's two EventLabs seems to be unlocked and will start at the player's default difficulty. Presumably it can be dialled down to Tourist as well should players desire. This has made those events more interesting for me than either the simple time trials or the fixed highly skilled Drivatars of previous weeks. They're mostly easy enough to pass for an experienced player but I appreciate the effort on PG's behalf.

I haven't tried the regular championships yet to see whether the difficulty's been unlocked in those as well.

Last edited:
I think the few changes he actually suggests would make the game more like The Crew: Motorfest, a title which seems to me to gatekeep a lot of the content from players who aren't prepared to grind and regrind large amounts of content in order to obtain more tha a fraction of the rewards on offer. I'm sorry I bought that game and will probably drop it once I've completed the eight or so playlists currently on offer. Horizon, however, I'll continue to play week after week because it has a gameplay loop, which although sometimes unchallenging, is comfortable and predictable to play.
It's my biggest issue with all Crew games. Offering exclusive cars to top players only. I feel so sorry every time for the all the players that put lots of efforts (not only to complete each event, but to improve their times several times) just to wake up the next day out of Platinum.
But I doubt PGG devs would even consider something similar. They still didn't brought back competitive Online even though lots of fans want that. And even in FH4 the only exclusive prize for Grandmasters was a cap.

Some of this influencers should do some research. Game is easy because each time something is even a little bit challenging fans complain hard while there's no topics about the playlist being too easy for obtaining new cars.

Some of this influencers should do some research. Game is easy because each time something is even a little bit challenging fans complain hard while there's no topics about the playlist being too easy for obtaining new cars.
The suggestion he made to add exclusive playlist reward cars to the Autoshow after a set amount of time is one I agree with and has been mentioned several times on this thread.

Unfortunately, I kinda doubt Xbox is interested in killing FOMO and hurting Game Pass engagement KPIs and metrics, however.

The suggestion he made to add exclusive playlist reward cars to the Autoshow after a set amount of time is one I agree with and has been mentioned several times on this thread.

Unfortunately, I kinda doubt Xbox is interested in killing FOMO and hurting Game Pass engagement KPIs and metrics, however.
It's not confirmed yet, but Milestone was the only developer who made the right decision in this crazy live service era where every game is trying to restriction players.

According to a statement they made on discord, they have announced that HotWheels Unleashed 2 will eliminate the battle pass and the limited time exclusive content that comes with it.

In this era of live services, this would be a risky bet. But as a player who's been forced to play games over the past few years with limited-time content like Playlists, and who's tired of seeing friends leave because of this content, I would like to give Milestone the utmost praise for this decision.

I hope that their decision isn't just an old-fashioned decision, but that it signals to many other publishers and developers, including Microsoft, that players are tired of this FOMO content.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back