Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,985 comments
friends fail GIF

-C8 Z06
-'64 Plymouth Belvedere (Lots of super stock drag racing and NASCAR livery possibilities there)
-'66 Nova
-'68 Firebird
-Lucid Air Sapphire
-'69 GTO Judge
-Rossion Q1
-'62 Lincoln Continental
Awww, no Hudson Hornet....But, thank god the Lincoln Continental is back from FM4. Good to see the Rossion Q1 and the Pontiac's. I knew the Corvette C8 Z06 would show up.

EDIT: The American Car pack is a bit meh. The Saleen S7 LM is the only one that matters to me.

Last edited:
So I was just trying the new Golf R against the Mk7.5. Around HokiHoshi's Tsukuba track, the Mk7.5 is somehow faster. As well as that, the new one set a 13.8 in the 1/4 mile (compared to the real car's 12.3 btw) and the old one did a 13.9

Forza really did something wrong when they added these Golfs

So I was just trying the new Golf R against the Mk7.5. Around HokiHoshi's Tsukuba track, the Mk7.5 is somehow faster. As well as that, the new one set a 13.8 in the 1/4 mile (compared to the real car's 12.3 btw) and the old one did a 13.9

Forza really did something wrong when they added these Golfs
The golf r in forza have been manual afaik
those range between 13.4 to 14.0s for the quarter mile

1699300565253.png

Above are the Mk8 DSG (left) and Manual (right) with 1 ft rollout.

Meanwhile the mk7.5 manual numbers are below:
1699300850023.png

Mk7 (2014-2017) manual:
1699301011386.png

Although the Czinger isn't that interesting to me, I do really appreciate the engineering that went behind it. The car isn't completely vaporware. Many of the suspension geometry are 3D printed (i.e. additive rather than subtractive manufacturing)

Top Gear magazine went super in depth with it 3 years ago

Last edited:
What an interesting update...
The new sprint tracks are cool, though I personally wish they introduced more circuits (prefer racing around them myself). Widebody and HRE's doesn't capture my interest much but is nice for the people who like em. And the... uh... microtransactions car vouchers? Pfft no thanks. Not that they're even necessary in FH5 but still :grumpy:
And finally, the cars... while the absence of much-requested Americana a'la RAM TRX or Terminator Mustang is disappointing, the car selection itself is pretty cool (spoilered due to wall of text):
Z06 Corvette: Yuuuuuup.
64 Belvedere: Highly unexpected, infact I barely even knew what was special about that thing before doing a bit of a google (apparently, it's pretty much the Plymouth equivalent of a 64 Impala, complete some NASCAR victories under its belt). Probably one of my favourites due to it being such an oddball.
66 Nova, 68 Firebird, GTO Judge: All cool. Would've liked for them to not be FH4 repeats but what can you do :indiff:
Lucid Air: Excellent choice of EV. Could be a fun one to build and drive.
Rossion Q1: Not sure if I missed this one or not since we've got the related Noble M400 in the game, but it remains a welcome return nonetheless.
Lincoln Continental: About time Forza Horizon got one of these. Another favourite of mine.
Saleen S7 LM: Hmmm. Not bad I guess but not sure what makes this special over the regular S7.
DeBerti Econoline: Not really interested in Deberti stuff, though this is atleast a cool car/van to use as a base. Might give it a shot.
Chevrolet Silverado: Surprised they went with this over the likes of the RAM TRX. Also, not sure why they opted for a Trail Boss model over the ZR2, seeing as the ZR2 is meant to be a F150 Raptor competitor. That being said, I still like it, 'bout time Forza added a Silverado - even if I personally would've preferred them to add the older SS model, though that's just me.
Czinger 21C: To be honest, this one might be another fav - it's a car I've always thought was just some 3D render of a fictional car (or some made-up Hot Wheels) but yeah it's a real thing. Could be fun to drive even if cars this fast isn't my usual cup of tea, not to mention the uniqueness factor to it (as well as the technology behind and inside it) is something I deeply appreciate.

Last edited:
I haven't played FH5 since the reset on Thursday as I've been busy with WRC but I'm happy to see another strong update and another Car Pack coming.

The Autoshow Microtransactions seem a bit unnecessary but I have plenty of Credits and I have collected everything so far so I have no need for it.

Z06 Corvette: Yuuuuuup.
64 Belvedere: Highly unexpected, infact I barely even knew what was special about that thing before doing a bit of a google (apparently, it's pretty much the Plymouth equivalent of a 64 Impala, complete some NASCAR victories under its belt). Probably one of my favourites due to it being such an oddball.
66 Nova, 68 Firebird, GTO Judge: All cool. Would've liked for them to not be FH4 repeats but what can you do :indiff:
Lucid Air: Excellent choice of EV. Could be a fun one to build and drive.
Rossion Q1: Not sure if I missed this one or not since we've got the related Noble M400 in the game, but it remains a welcome return nonetheless.
Lincoln Continental: About time Forza Horizon got one of these. Another favourite of mine.
Saleen S7 LM: Hmmm. Not bad I guess but not sure what makes this special over the regular S7.
DeBerti Econoline: Not really interested in Deberti stuff, though this is atleast a cool car/van to use as a base. Might give it a shot.
Chevrolet Silverado: Surprised they went with this over the likes of the RAM TRX. Also, not sure why they opted for a Trail Boss model over the ZR2, seeing as the ZR2 is meant to be a F150 Raptor competitor. That being said, I still like it, 'bout time Forza added a Silverado - even if I personally would've preferred them to add the older SS model, though that's just me.
Czinger 21C: To be honest, this one might be another fav - it's a car I've always thought was just some 3D render of a fictional car (or some made-up Hot Wheels) but yeah it's a real thing. Could be fun to drive even if cars this fast isn't my usual cup of tea, not to mention the uniqueness factor to it (as well as the technology behind and inside it) is something I deeply appreciate.
Yeah, I'm with you on the 'why did they go with this?' question. I understand that the Dark Horse might be difficult to source at the moment because it's brand new and something like that would demand a full scan, but bailing on the TRX? It's honestly as if they let personal preference drive their decision on what to add this time and not let fan requests dictate what they should do.

Well, that and FH5 now adding cars in lockstep with FM2023 could be a part of it too--like, maybe FM2023 requests now take priority over FH5 requests.

Last edited:
The Autoshow Microtransactions seem a bit unnecessary but I have plenty of Credits and I have collected everything so far so I have no need for it.
I was thinking about this. Name me another game which only got microtransactions when 2 years old, rather than getting them at launch and later removing them due to dislike?

The way I see it, none of the long term players will care in the slightest since we already have everything and loads of credits spare, whereas only new or extremely sporadic players might be tempted.

I see this rather like the new car pack: They are testing things out when it comes to Gamepass and payments post-launch, probably in preparation for FH6.

Yeah, I'm with you on the 'why did they go with this?' question. I understand that the Dark Horse might be difficult to source at the moment because it's brand new and something like that would demand a full scan, but bailing on the TRX? It's honestly as if they let personal preference drive their decision on what to add this time and not let fan requests dictate what they should do.

Well, that and FH5 now adding cars in lockstep with FM2023 could be a part of it too--like, maybe FM2023 requests now take priority over FH5 requests.
There are still vehicles being added to FH5 that won't be in FM23, like the Silverado. They really aren't being added in lockstep with as the only cars that have been added to both recently are the Eray and upcoming Saleen S7.

2 cars out of the 12 that have been added to FH5 recently.

The way I see it we will get the terminator cobra eventually since its one of a few cars left on that leaked list from a couple months back. Sucks it didnt come with this update though, it should have been a given honestly.

The way I see it, none of the long term players will care in the slightest since we already have everything and loads of credits spare, whereas only new or extremely sporadic players might be tempted.
Yes, Even though long term players like you and I wont have any need for it and remain unaffected. I still spare a thought for people who can't commit to playing enough or maybe aren't skilled enough (Kids Etc) to unlock stuff they want and thus might be taken advantage of.

Last edited:
MTX aside, this another really solid update from PG.

Solid list of cars and I called there being a car pack even in B2B Series!

A shame that we didn't see anything like the Neon SRT4/Cobalt SS like I thought we would.

New rims look nice, though I still wish we got some classic oriented ones at some point.

New Race routes are always welcome, was hoping for Circuits but looks like next update will include a race track so there's that.

Love them bringing more FM widebodies across to FH! The Firebird Trans Am one especially since that's not even in FM2023.

I would love to see this as the base line for future FH updates

• 4 Cars in the Playlist (minimum)
  • A couple of Bodykits (new or from FM7/2023)
  • A couple of new parts for cars, like Rally Parts or Licensed Parts, or new Rims.
  • A couple of new race routes (could easily have packs focused on the different in game disciplines)
And then any other features etc is a bonus. Would help keep the game a bit fresher with new routes try each month and filtering them through the Playlist will help alleviate the repetitiveness of the whole thing.

The way I see it we will get the terminator cobra eventually since its one of a few cars left on that leaked list from a couple months back.

There are genuinely hundreds of cars that have been leaked or spotted over the years that haven't been finished or released yet. Some of them like the Skoda Fabia will probably never see a release, but every now and then something old suddenly pops up (ever wonder why the Focus ST BTCC in FM8's DLC is a 2014 season car? It's been unreleased since before FM6 came out). There are whole themed car packs that have been cancelled or indefinitely postponed.

@ManteoMax, it’s the predictable question from me:

Will the new routes be added to Horizon Open? 🙂
From this FM.net article

https://forza.net/news/forza-horizon-5-american-automotive

Completing each route will get you one of the brand-new accolades included with this update as well as winning a race on them. These routes will also appear in Rivals Mode and Horizon Open.

Also from the FM.net article; car images, which are always nice to look at

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack4_SAL_S7_LM_17_16x9_3840x2160_WM_feb7e9edea.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack4_FOR_Econoline_Deberti_61_16x9_3840x2160_WM_4e21435ef8.webp
massive_FH_5_Car_Pack4_CHE_Silverado_LTZ_71_20_16x9_3840x2160_WM_1af27da8ee.webp

massive_FH_5_Car_Pack4_CZI_21_C_23_V1_16x9_3840x2160_WM_133eafea31.webp

massive_FH_5_Series27_CHE_Nova_SS_66_16x9_3840x2160_WM_250288fa90.webp

massive_FH_5_Series27_PON_Firebird_68_16x9_3840x2160_WM_63aeb1d3f8.webp

massive_FH_5_Series27_LIN_Continental_62_16x9_3840x2160_WM_97376b31e5.webp

massive_FH_5_Series27_CHE_Corvette_Z06_23_16x9_3840x2160_WM_1ac5d3ab9d.webp

As for the microtransactions, I think it’ll be nice to be able to get a 300 SLR and other expensive cars without needing to grind for the credits. I really only play for the playlist, so I don’t find grinding all that satisfying.

The fact that the vouchers can be used for any car in the autoshow rather than being an alternate currency is about as fair as it can get IMO. I mean, for $5 I can get a 300 SLR for myself and then gift three 300 SLRs to three lucky players, and the lucky players can spare themselves of grinding or buying vouchers for the 300 SLR. Essentially, it’s possible to get 572 million CR for just $5. What an incredible value!

As long as race winnings and wheelspins aren’t altered, I think this is fine.

Last edited:
New rims look nice, though I still wish we got some classic oriented ones at some point.
I agree 100%.
Lots of rims have already been added to FH5, most of them for JDM or Euro/Exotic.
The only rims for classic cars are still rims for American cars that are almost the same as the FM4 lineup.
How great would it be to add better looking, lighter weight wire wheels , and rims like the Minilite or Revolution 4 Spoke Classic for vintage European cars?

And as an off-road enthusiast, it's a shame that there are still only a few types of off-road wheels.
The recently released Forza mobile game added a number of new off-road aftermarket rims, and I wish those rims would come to FH5 as well.

Back