Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,984 comments
MS chose to kill off their BC program not too long ago in 2021. Oh and if you plan on getting anything from the 360 Store, better hurry because Microsoft is shutting it down for good in July 2024.
Yeah I think they got as far as they could reasonably go with the BC program. I am slowly filling the hard drive on my 360 before next July.

Ah the joys of PC gaming... the update today apparently broke my game... some "error unsupported 16-bit app" or whatever... I will install the 140 GB behemoth again... (I may have noticed something happening with my antivirus program, so It's deactivated for the moment, however I've had no problem will all the other games I've installed).
I'm on the same boat. FH5 broken on 2 PCs. It was working on one PC at noon, it broke all of a sudden at afternoon. I spent all night but couldn't find a fix. I decided today to play on another PC. It had a 14.4GB update. Right after the update, FH5 broke on my wife's PC also. Both with the same error as yours. "Unsupported 16-bit application. The program or feature cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available." I was VERY surprised to find out FH5 is a 16-bit app. Kudos to the developers for pulling such a magic trick. :lol:

Did you manage to find a fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-08 155051.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-08 155051.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
I'm on the same boat. FH5 broken on 2 PCs. It was working on one PC at noon, it broke all of a sudden at afternoon. I spent all night but couldn't find a fix. I decided today to play on another PC. It had a 14.4GB update. Right after the update, FH5 broke on my wife's PC also. Both with the same error as yours. "Unsupported 16-bit application. The program or feature cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available." I was VERY surprised to find out FH5 is a 16-bit app. Kudos to the developers for pulling such a magic trick. :lol:

Did you manage to find a fix?
I had to reinstall in full the base game (from Game Pass) and see if it ran properly, and it does now. I did check my antivirus logs and two files were disinfected during yesterday's update (one was identified or misidentified as a trojan!), so you may need to check that when reinstalling the game.
I do own the expansions, but I will reinstall them later.

I love that Econoline, but it just makes me wish that there was a Forza (or any in-depth racing game, really) that let you actually take a stock vehicle and customize it to a far greater extent than you can with the base game. Having a couple dozen cars with widebody kit options and another couple dozen more with a couple aftermarket aero parts is a good start, and I know it's probably far too much work in both a dev time sense and a licensing/red tape sense to dedicate that level of attention to every car, much less add a whole bunch of different new customization options to it. But now that the whole pretty-graphics arms race is getting to the point of diminishing returns, why not shift more focus to the personalization aspects of the game? Because while I'm not as impressed as I used to be with higher resolutions and hyperrealistic shaders and other attempts to capture photorealism, I would absolutely flip my lid if the next Horizon had marginally better graphics than FH5 but let you build a car that was unmistakably unique -- custom interiors, light fixtures, full street rod/race conversions, even bodykits that you could design and shape yourself similar to the "autosculpt" feature that showed up in a couple Need for Speed games.

I love that Econoline, but it just makes me wish that there was a Forza (or any in-depth racing game, really) that let you actually take a stock vehicle and customize it to a far greater extent than you can with the base game. Having a couple dozen cars with widebody kit options and another couple dozen more with a couple aftermarket aero parts is a good start, and I know it's probably far too much work in both a dev time sense and a licensing/red tape sense to dedicate that level of attention to every car, much less add a whole bunch of different new customization options to it. But now that the whole pretty-graphics arms race is getting to the point of diminishing returns, why not shift more focus to the personalization aspects of the game? Because while I'm not as impressed as I used to be with higher resolutions and hyperrealistic shaders and other attempts to capture photorealism, I would absolutely flip my lid if the next Horizon had marginally better graphics than FH5 but let you build a car that was unmistakably unique -- custom interiors, light fixtures, full street rod/race conversions, even bodykits that you could design and shape yourself similar to the "autosculpt" feature that showed up in a couple Need for Speed games.
I can see Horizon going down that route sooner or later because look how far we have come with customization etc and look at Horizons main competitors. We are now at the point where exhaust tips, paintable windshields, interiors, more lips and bumper options and even more bodykits should start to make their into this series. I can really see it happening if the next game takes place in Japan since car culture and customization is huge over there with the jdm scene and all.

I had to reinstall in full the base game (from Game Pass) and see if it ran properly, and it does now. I did check my antivirus logs and two files were disinfected during yesterday's update (one was identified or misidentified as a trojan!), so you may need to check that when reinstalling the game.
I do own the expansions, but I will reinstall them later.
OMG, T H A N K Y O U. You saved me 2 days of downloading and 2 days of internet downtime for everybody else in my home.
It was the AV (ESET Nod32) indeed, and I dismissed this possibility at first because I did not receive ANY notification from the AV, behavior which I don't remember encountering in the past. I found the executable in the quarantine, restored it and excluded it from detection/deletion. Then I initiated a game repair from the Xbox app, which it turns out re-downloaded the executable, and now the game launches normally.
It's super weird that the game or OS throws this misleading error message instead of complaining about missing files.
Hope this will help other people that randomly find it with a google search in the future. It turns out this error message shows up for other games too.

Does anyone know of a car that has four or five different advanced paint group options?

I'm sure I've seen one before but just can't remember what car it was. I might be going crazy but would be much appreciated if anyone knows!!

MS chose to kill off their BC program not too long ago in 2021. Oh and if you plan on getting anything from the 360 Store, better hurry because Microsoft is shutting it down for good in July 2024.
They said they reached the end of what they could do with technical or licensing issues. Like EA wasn’t going to let them do old Maddens and they couldn’t do any peripheral games. They can’t do old PGR or Forzas due to licensing.

They just bought Activision and should be able to get a couple games out like Singularity or the 360 Wolfenstein. Blur would still not due to licensing.

He gave the reason; MS themselves said they can't do it anymore for a litany of reasons. Hasbro did recently say they saw worth in their legacy Transformers titles being backwards compatible (which were done by Activision) so he is right, there's a chance they could do a bit more assuming they get the rights to the relevant stuff. Still, Blur is for sure not coming back.

Last edited:
He gave the reason; MS themselves said they can't do it anymore for a litany of reasons. Hasbro did recently say they saw worth in their legacy Transformers titles being backwards compatible (which were done by Activision) so he is right, there's a chance they could do a bit more assuming they get the rights to the relevant stuff. Still, Blur is for sure not coming back.
It's a blur in the rear-view mirror. Woo-hoo!

The '23 Z06 would make a perfect use for a mansion shot. If only Tony Montana could see me now. (I know he's fictional bro)
1699543429335.png

Here's a bonus image: "The kick is up... and he tacks down the extra point!" I'm certain fans of old Madden games would recognize this old line. I kinda remember it.
1699543482207.png

I hope they fix the z06 sound, I dont even know what the hell it sounds like but its wrong. PG was doing so good with the car sounds for so long too its a shame.

When one of the championships let alone the Trial of an earlier series obligates you to choose between a Dodge and any other big US car brand, I'm pretty sure this is the choice you morally, contractually, and common-sensally have to pick :lol:
20231110033421_1.jpg

I mean, is there really any other one that even compares? Especially when after winning the first race the Drivatars several seconds behind you end up braking and pausing at 99% right before the finish line.

Though granted, the stunts and whatever else possible in this series I'm doing mainly in Pontiacs, especially as this update-&-series is one where Pontiac won big with both the '87 Firebird widebody, as well as two of the seasonal cars being very good Pontiacs. That, and I do like how I've pathologized that the '68 Firebird would be one of the cars solely because it had the thumbnail for it in the gamefiles.

Last edited:
Is the FH5 server currently effed up? It says it's gone to the fallback series due to being unavailable....
Mine worked ok in the UK this morning before I went to work, I was on about 0930.

I managed the The Trial which was easy for once as everyone worked together as a team, which was nice.

The Saleen rival event was easy as the car handles really well.......the bloody Lucid Sapphire though!!!!! It was like trying to control a greased up fat piglet on a bed of sheet ice every time I came to a corner. It might just be my driving but I could not get on with that thing lol. It took me 5-6 attempts before I had a clean run.

Last edited:
Is the FH5 server currently effed up?
Presumably that means "Forzaed up"?
Is the FH5 server currently effed up? It says it's gone to the fallback series due to being unavailable...
Shut down the game, restart the console, boot the game back up.

That fixes approximately 98% of all FH5 issues by type and 99.9999996% by frequency. Quick Resume is just a mess.

Quick Resume is one of those features that console manufacturers like to put on the box and marketing material, but devs never utilise it properly and/or it just isn't that useful past the initial wow factor so it'll be quietly forgotten (i.e. PS5's Cards system and the Switch's HD Rumble). I personally just avoid using it; less headaches and rebooting up the game isn't really an arduous task these days anyway.

Last edited:
Quick Resume is one of those features that console manufacturers put on the box, but devs never utilise it properly and/or it just isn't that useful past the initial wow factor (i.e. PS5's Cards system and the Switch's HD Rumble). I personally just avoid using it; less headaches and rebooting up the game isn't really an arduous task these days anyway.
On the bright side it's 100% guaranteed to prevent NPC traffic loading in for Street Races.

I haven't got the Belvedere yet, but one interesting trivia about this car is that it's not 100% factory. Of course it has something to do with sourcing, but when in Forzavista, you can see that the engine block has been given a restomod. There's an aftermarket intake manifold known as Street Dominator, made by Holley, alongside a Mopar breather cap. Now if anyone has pictures of the '64 Belvedere's engine bay in Forzavista, I'd like to know if that's true or not. Air cleaner itself is also lacking the Commando 426 label, which, again, means it may have been a restoration model.

Latest Posts

Back