Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,982 comments
Mine worked ok in the UK this morning before I went to work, I was on about 0930.

I managed the The Trial which was easy for once as everyone worked together as a team, which was nice.

The Saleen rival event was easy as the car handles really well.......the bloody Lucid Sapphire though!!!!! It was like trying to control a greased up fat piglet on a bed of sheet ice every time I came to a corner. It might just be my driving but I could not get on with that thing lol. It took me 5-6 attempts before I had a clean run.
Yes that was blooddy awful. You just notice the weight of this behemoth trying to brake before a corner and trying to push it around. I know what I´m gonna do to this thing once I get my hands on it. Big time weight reduction

One of the Festival Playlist events has me wondering: has anyone ever done a breakdown of the Iconic Movie Cars category, and what movies they came from? Because once I figured out that the '79 Z/28 is probably there because of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and I'm guessing the '71 Mach 1 is from the only true original Gone in 60 Seconds, I'm starting to wonder how deep their cinematic references go. Because I'm also seeing the '75 Ford Bronco on that list, and the one movie I know that generation model having a prominent appearance in is Three Days of the Condor. Maybe some IMCDB sleuthing is in order.

(Then again, most of them are either kind of obvious -- the DeLorean was in a movie besides The Wedding Singer, right? -- or spans multiple possibilities. Is the Countach on that list because of Cannonball Run or The Wolf of Wall Street?)

Last edited:
One of the Festival Playlist events has me wondering: has anyone ever done a breakdown of the Iconic Movie Cars category, and what movies they came from? Because once I figured out that the '79 Z/28 is probably there because of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and I'm guessing the '71 Mach 1 is from the only true original Gone in 60 Seconds, I'm starting to wonder how deep their cinematic references go. Because I'm also seeing the '75 Ford Bronco on that list, and the one movie I know that generation model having a prominent appearance in is Three Days of the Condor. Maybe some IMCDB sleuthing is in order.
DeLorean > BTTF
Fury > Christine
Falcon > Mad Max
DB5 > Bond
32 Ford > American Graffiti
68 Mustang > Bullitt
70 Challenger > Vanishing Point
69 Charger > Dukes of Hazzard
77 T/A > Smokey and the Bandit

I'm sure there's many more.

DeLorean > BTTF
Fury > Christine
Falcon > Mad Max
DB5 > Bond
32 Ford > American Graffiti
68 Mustang > Bullitt
70 Challenger > Vanishing Point
69 Charger > Dukes of Hazzard
77 T/A > Smokey and the Bandit

I'm sure there's many more.
Yeah, those were kind of the gimmes that jumped right out at me, but I'm wondering what specific film, say, the '69 Camaro is supposed to represent. The Yenko from 2 Fast 2 Furious? And is it just me or are some of these more iconic as TV cars (the Miami Vice Testarossa, the Knight Rider Trans Am, the A-Team Vandura)?

Yeah, those were kind of the gimmes that jumped right out at me, but I'm wondering what specific film, say, the '69 Camaro is supposed to represent. The Yenko from 2 Fast 2 Furious? And is it just me or are some of these more iconic as TV cars (the Miami Vice Testarossa, the Knight Rider Trans Am, the A-Team Vandura)?
Probably,

A search of IMCDB shows no 69 Camaros featured in any major movies, at least not on that site.

The Lucid Air drives like it should do: Heavy with crazy electric power on the straights.

It's not like the Taycan or Evija which are intended for driving around corners on race tracks, it's mostly about comfort and speed off the line (since our American friends all care about 1/4 mile starts more than lap times).

(Then again, most of them are either kind of obvious -- the DeLorean was in a movie besides The Wedding Singer, right? -- or spans multiple possibilities. Is the Countach on that list because of Cannonball Run or The Wolf of Wall Street?)
I mean, when I think of the Bronco in any sort of cinematic way, I think of OJ Simpson’s (bleh) chase, and with the way it was broadcasted on TV news, it might as well have been a movie. But OJ’s Bronco was a 1994 model…

The ‘Movie Cars’ category is kind of a misnomer too because there are plenty of cars famous from TV series as well as previous mentioned.

Anyway, I used that championship as an opportunity to drive my recently-acquired Fury with a lazy tune. Despite the upgrades, I could still feel its age…

I haven't got the Belvedere yet, but one interesting trivia about this car is that it's not 100% factory. Of course it has something to do with sourcing, but when in Forzavista, you can see that the engine block has been given a restomod. There's an aftermarket intake manifold known as Street Dominator, made by Holley, alongside a Mopar breather cap. Now if anyone has pictures of the '64 Belvedere's engine bay in Forzavista, I'd like to know if that's true or not. Air cleaner itself is also lacking the Commando 426 label, which, again, means it may have been a restoration model.
Its also NOT a 426 Hemi. I don't have the game in front of me but I want to say that in the description of the vehicle it said that it was a 5.9L which would make it the 361 ci. I'll have to check when I get home.

Found this somewhat expected manufacturer logo after the update

decal620.png

GMA (Gordon Murray Automotive)

There are also a bunch of brands mentioned in the text strings. Keep in mind that these brands has been in the files for awhile. What i've noticed is that these brand text strings are added to the files sometime during the lifespan of the game, but i'm not sure when exactly they added it.

• DUQUEINE
  • Maxton Design
  • Prior Design
  • Triple Seven
  • Robot Craftsman
  • KFD Team
  • Battle Aero
  • Auto Tuned
  • Tony Star Performance (yes this is the correct name)
  • Aeroflow Dynamics

I've noticed that the Corvette Z06's sound has been butchered somewhat, where it sounds almost closer to the Cadillac V-Series.R from FM8. In real life, the Corvette Z06 is supposed to sound like a McLaren.

This weeks Hot Wheels championship has 2 circuit races who are back to 3 laps again. And the Waterslide is one of them :banghead:
That race has been part of the Hot Wheels championship like 4 times out of the last 6 weeks...

Found this somewhat expected manufacturer logo after the update

View attachment 1302705

GMA (Gordon Murray Automotive)

There are also a bunch of brands mentioned in the text strings. Keep in mind that these brands has been in the files for awhile. What i've noticed is that these brand text strings are added to the files sometime during the lifespan of the game, but i'm not sure when exactly they added it.

• DUQUEINE
  • Maxton Design
  • Prior Design
  • Triple Seven
  • Robot Craftsman
  • KFD Team
  • Battle Aero
  • Auto Tuned
  • Tony Star Performance (yes this is the correct name)
  • Aeroflow Dynamics
Kfd team hint lexus is300 03 or altezza rs200 sxe10

I've noticed that the Corvette Z06's sound has been butchered somewhat, where it sounds almost closer to the Cadillac V-Series.R from FM8. In real life, the Corvette Z06 is supposed to sound like a McLaren.
I just got the Z06 this morning. It sounds very weird and not in a good way. Almost sounds like the viper V10 to me.

.......the bloody Lucid Sapphire though!!!!! It was like trying to control a greased up fat piglet on a bed of sheet ice every time I came to a corner. It might just be my driving but I could not get on with that thing lol. It took me 5-6 attempts before I had a clean run.
Yes that was blooddy awful. You just notice the weight of this behemoth trying to brake before a corner and trying to push it around. I know what I´m gonna do to this thing once I get my hands on it. Big time weight reduction
The Lucid Air drives like it should do: Heavy with crazy electric power on the straights.

It's not like the Taycan or Evija which are intended for driving around corners on race tracks, it's mostly about comfort and speed off the line (since our American friends all care about 1/4 mile starts more than lap times).

Now that I’ve driven it, I agree. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still looking forward to getting it in the game, but it is definitely Floaty McFloatface.
06b262bc-3d7d-49ec-a2c4-01b5a83d03d9.png

Last edited:
Now that I’ve driven it, I agree. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still looking forward to getting it in the game, but it is definitely Floaty McFloatface.
View attachment 1302972
Accelerates with devilish power, but handles like a brick-**** outhouse. The Lucid Air Sapphire almost as heavy as most SUV's and in some cases, trucks (even heavier than the Chevy Silverado in the latest car pack), but it is quite formidable, especially when I reached nearly 200mph, driving it in its Featured Rivals event on the Festival Playlist.

Yes the Z06 sounds ****ing awful, it sounds like a cross plane muffled by turbos or some ****

What were PG smoking releasing it with that sound

Yes the Z06 sounds *ing awful, it sounds like a cross plane muffled by turbos or some *

What were PG smoking releasing it with that sound
They probably got confused with the sound of the Cadillac V-Series.R ever since FM8 was out. Like I said, the Z06 is supposed to have a McLaren or Ferrari-like sound as I remember hearing that it uses a flat-plane.

Last edited:
View attachment 1302972
Must admit I'm impressed by that reference as I'd always pictured it as a peculiarly British thing, with it being a British boat. Anyway, dont you mean Attenborough McAttenborough ;) :lol:

• KFD Team: LEXUS IS and ALTEZZA
  • Tony Star Performance : 2022 ACURA SARA CHOI INTEGRA
  • Auto Tuned: TOYOTA SUPRA MK5

Duqueine: LMP3 mfg, probably for the Motorsport game but would be fun to have one on Horizon.

Maxton Design: VW Golf Mk8

Triple Seven: 2024 Mustang

Battle Aero: a bunch of Subaru wings

Prior Design: Widebody kit for GR Yaris, Audi B3 Coupe, 2016 Model S, various other Audis, etc.

Robot Craftsman: Last gen Toyota 86/BRZ and current Mustang

Aeroflow: massive company but makes a kit for the 2022 Subaru WRX

Back