Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,982 comments
Now that I’ve driven it, I agree. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still looking forward to getting it in the game
I agree too but literally everyone hates this car so bad beyond belief. Even that one site where I contribute says they hate it so bad because it's an EV. Shall I tell you how much the community throws a fit every time an EV gets added? Yes.

They even said the Lucid Air is uglier than Tesla.

Last edited:
I agree too but literally everyone hates this car so bad beyond belief. Even that one site where I contribute says they hate it so bad because it's an EV. Shall I tell you how much the community throws a fit every time an EV gets added? Yes.

I have seen the car here in Germany (where it even a bigger unicorn than in the US, there are less than 50 officially registered) and it has an huge presence on the road. It looks like a top tier luxury car

Last edited:

Cars like this are more relevant for the future than most we see in game. In a few years every single high end luxury vehicle (be it sedan or SUV) will have an electric motor along with massive weight in the form of luxury interior and sound deadening.

I think FH5 is doing the right thing by investing in building a catalog of electric cars and bringing them into game as quickly as possible, along with developing a collection of battery and motor upgrade options to give us (including the Rimac's 1900 hp going into lots of other electric vehicles). Car enthusiasts are just going to have to get used to them.

Last edited:
  • Maxton Design
If you are talking about Maxton Design from Poland, they have in their offer parts for most new cars (splitters, difussers). It would be wonderful if their parts would one day replace the ugly forza aero. Here are some examples:

16423_1.png
12202_2.png

10360_2.png

14325_1.png

maxton-design-street-pro-heckdiffusor-fuer-audi-rs7-c8---rs6-c8-schwarz-mit-roten-streifen~2.jpg

Last edited:
Battle Aero: a bunch of Subaru wings
Well also by Battle Aero you have countless other hatchback along with trunk lid spoilers in both traditional and swan neck for various brands like Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Ford etc of which would look nicer than most of the Forza aero which is in a need of updating

Attachments

• 20230915-165606_1024x1024@2x.png
    20230915-165606_1024x1024@2x.png
    391.1 KB · Views: 12
  • S2000_TM_Edited-7_d30fecea-6366-4546-b8ee-e0c8a9ce714c_740x.png
    S2000_TM_Edited-7_d30fecea-6366-4546-b8ee-e0c8a9ce714c_740x.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 191204_0037_1024x1024@2x.png
    191204_0037_1024x1024@2x.png
    409.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01893_1024x1024@2x.png
    DSC01893_1024x1024@2x.png
    349.6 KB · Views: 13
  • MG_9893_1024x1024@2x.png
    MG_9893_1024x1024@2x.png
    279.3 KB · Views: 12
I'm sorry but I need to get this off my chest. Has anyone else seen the top three positions on the FH5 Hall of Fame board? They're all 9,999,999 points.

I'm no angel on that board, I exploited the re-run the photo accolades daily to get to my score. That method though was built into the game (by accident most probably) and available to all. Just cheating your way overnight to that score is taking the urine though.

It's stuff like this that annoys me. I know leaderboard cheating is here to stay unfortunately, human nature will never change 😥😥. I can accept a glitched time or score on a leaderboard (I have a glitched distance on the Danger Sign in Duna Blanco) but stuff like this is ridiculous. Whatever happened to the devs cleaning up these boards I wonder?

Rant over.

Recently I've been doing some S1 Rivals laps around Playa Azul Circuit, mostly to test and tune some cars I've had laying around, but also to see how fast/brave I can be on all the undulating corners, which is a lot of fun. I'd say that it's probably my favorite circuit race in the game overall.

That being said, its surprisingly deceptive final corner can go straight to hell. :irked:

Last edited:
Its also NOT a 426 Hemi. I don't have the game in front of me but I want to say that in the description of the vehicle it said that it was a 5.9L which would make it the 361 ci. I'll have to check when I get home.
Wanted to bring this back up again, so now I have the photo for the engine bay of the '64 Belv.
1700019469913.png

You may also notice there's a Mopar cap on what is probably non-original engine valve covers. If you can squint your eyes below the air cleaner you could make out the Street Dominator which, again, is a line of aftermarket intake manifolds from Holley. Though you can't see it from this angle.

As I have pointed out there's no Commando 426 decal, further going into the restomod territory.

It's understandable that not every part is OEM original, and old vehicles like this rarely, if not ever have their factory parts intact. Hence why restoration parts exist.

Last edited:
Recently I've been doing some S1 Rivals laps around Playa Azul Circuit, mostly to test and tune some cars I've had laying around, but also to see how fast/brave I can be on all the undulating corners, which is a lot of fun. I'd say that it's probably my favorite circuit race in the game overall.

That being said, its surprisingly deceptive final corner can go straight to hell. :irked:
That corner does tighten up on you a lot more than you'd think I agree.

Managed to cram in my 40 points this morning. No time for anything else. As with every other week. Getting tired of this FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) crapola to be honest. Won 2 more cars I'll never drive unless they're required for another FOMO championship event... and so the cycle continues.

I long for the days when a new game works properly on release and doesn't have time gates on everything... FOMO (Forza Motorsport) isn't much better to me at the moment. And EA WRC avoids time gates but needs work.

Concerned that all this is turning me off gaming altogether - need something to "inspire" me again. Making people obsessively stressed addicts is not a great gaming industry strategy to me.

I only really do playlists each week and that's it, I usually set aside a couple of hours on weekends to do it but that can depend on work, it is sometimes a chore completing them.

Managed to cram in my 40 points this morning. No time for anything else. As with every other week. Getting tired of this FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) crapola to be honest. Won 2 more cars I'll never drive unless they're required for another FOMO championship event... and so the cycle continues.

I long for the days when a new game works properly on release and doesn't have time gates on everything... FOMO (Forza Motorsport) isn't much better to me at the moment. And EA WRC avoids time gates but needs work.

Concerned that all this is turning me off gaming altogether - need something to "inspire" me again. Making people obsessively stressed addicts is not a great gaming industry strategy to me.
They have built in a terrible FOMO element to the game I agree. I tend to do most of the playlist on a Saturday morning before the rest of the house rises. If not I just dive in occasionally through the week. I do it out of desire to keep my garage up to date.

I suppose that's a form of FOMO in itself really. It's the super cars that I tend not to touch much once I've won them, I much prefer 'everyday' cars to drive and muck about with in game.

I can see why this game model is used by the developers, it's a good way to keep the player base engaged with the game as time moves forward. It would be nice if Back Stage pass was brought back with it's voting system. I think it could ease the FOMO element a bit but still keep players engaged. This new system they've brought in of buying tickets for Auto Show vehicles doesn't sit right with me. To me it's just a bit of a cash grab as kids ask parents to buy the tickets when they can't be bothered to earn the credits in game.

Gaming isn't the simple easy past time it was back in 1980's when I first started on my ZX Spectrum +2 I agree. I'm hooked on doing my MS Reward points each day to keep my GP free. Although the way the points are decreasing that's one worry that'll soon pass.

If you want something to inspire you and remind you of the good times bud and you can afford it, I strongly recommend an Evercade system. It'll take you back to good old days and the cartridges aren't expensive. Give it a look bud.

In those seasons where you only need 20 points to win the single new car for that week, it is less than 30 minutes of effort. I just do the Trial, Eventlabs, rivals races and photo challenge and I'm done. I actually like the way I'm encouraged to pick up FH5 every week. Although I do bring a gaming laptop with me when I'm away from home to not miss a single week, which is thankfully no bother at the moment but would be impossible if I went on an exotic holiday.

40 points takes considerably longer, but it's still only just over an hour usually. And it's easy enough to split it into two sessions: The normal 20 points one on Thursday or Friday and the rest during the weekend. I do it because the thought of losing my 100% garage completion after all this time keeps me in the mood, but I agree that there are times when it does feel like a chore.

Still, FM23 doesn't even have stats, although you can see your garage details when starting a free race. I am not sure if I'll keep up collecting there or not. FH5 alone is probably enough.

Found this somewhat expected manufacturer logo after the update

View attachment 1302705

GMA (Gordon Murray Automotive)

There are also a bunch of brands mentioned in the text strings. Keep in mind that these brands has been in the files for awhile. What i've noticed is that these brand text strings are added to the files sometime during the lifespan of the game, but i'm not sure when exactly they added it.

• DUQUEINE
  • Maxton Design
  • Prior Design
  • Triple Seven
  • Robot Craftsman
  • KFD Team
  • Battle Aero
  • Auto Tuned
  • Tony Star Performance (yes this is the correct name)
  • Aeroflow Dynamics
Coming back to this -

The Lexus IS300/Toyota Altezza has been a highly requested car for a long time. Top 5 currently actually.

Could the Secret Santa car be the return of this lost gem from the 360 era alongside on of the KFD team kits for it?

Type 2

KFDteam%20AERO%20Kit%20TYPE2%20ver2%20Lexus%20IS%201-500x500.jpg

Type 1

TYPE1%20for%20website%204-800x800.jpg

I can relate to the burnout. I too got the two cars, but other that, I don't touch them again and/or stop playing the game until the next season change. Grinding for 40pts to get both cars is so time consuming and exhausting to the point it gets very boring. I am honestly over these FOMO stuff.

If FH6 does this same format (or makes it even more worse via time consumption), I'm out.

I've been feeling a bit of burnout, too. I haven't even finished the weekly playlist for the past couple months. I do enough to get the new cars, but then I barely touch them. Just enough to photograph them, and that's about it.

To be honest, that’s expected. The game has been out for 2 years now. Even if you only played one hour each week you are well over 100 hours. Which normal (non-grindfest) game can capture your interest that long without feeling boring once…

Last edited:
I've been feeling a bit of burnout, too. I haven't even finished the weekly playlist for the past couple months. I do enough to get the new cars, but then I barely touch them. Just enough to photograph them, and that's about it.
That's why I don't play the game!

Last edited:
Yep, that's me too. I get on long enough to get the new cars and then move on to something else.

Im joining the burnout club too. With FM23 taking most of my time now I probably only sink 2-3hrs a week into horizon 5 when I used to do about triple that. Once I unlock and get the cars for the week and play around with a couple random dlc cars then thats it. Then I wait for the following weeks car(s) and rinse and repeat. I love FH5 and its a more complete game compared to FM23 but its just hard to split my time evenly when motorsport is the newest thing out even with all of its lingering issues and still lack of tracks.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really say I'm burnt out with it, since my time spent playing it has been more or less the same since the 6th series or so; I used to complete the Weekly Playlists with full points, though a couple of months ago I completely forgot to do a few events which ruined the streak. Because of that, I've had little incentive to do everything each week now, so from then on I just tend to get the minimum requirements for each of the cars.

I still enjoy the core driving itself, which means I'll still play every other day for a good 20 - 30 minutes and just screw around in random cars, accruing Skill Points and money (I'm still gunning for completing every car's Mastery tree and 999,999,999 Cr.), but yeah, in terms of actually doing all of the available events per week, I've personally felt no desire to anymore. I've put in nearly 600 hours of driving, so its unsurprising that the game may have lost a bit of it's appeal to me!

Last edited:
I find Eventlab creations are great to fight the burnout if you find the right ones. I follow Joh Cee in game and they create some great stuff.

Their latest is called Farmland and has been created on Eventlab Island from scratch. It's great. To me it has vibes of Mario Kart in the track design.

I strongly recommend looking Joh's content up. I think you'll enjoy it.

I have an embarrassingly high number of hours played, but I'd say about 3/4s of it has been spent in the livery editor and vinyl editor.

Never fully completed a playlist, and only recently started doing The Trial every week (the stories I had seen here, plus the a.i. cars' standard behavior kept me from trying it until now). Tried Eventlab briefly in the beginning. Had a time where I heavily played The Eliminator, and have something like half a dozen wins--that guy that's ahead of you for 3/4s of the time and then hits a rock or a tree or somehow manages to flip on the smallest of hills? That's me.

There is a lot to the game other than the playlist, unless you're stuck on one mode to the exclusion of most everything else. But regardless, burnout is no fun...it's why I haven't invested a lot of time into more grindy racing games, and the main reason I'm not getting FM23.

FOMO is an insidious thing though...I'm looking forward to the upcoming Firebird and GTO, but I know by the time I'm able to find more in the auction house than the single one you're doled out they'll be 20 million apiece.

Last edited:
I'll be completely honest here, I also haven't played in quite a while. Eventually it got to a point where I only played to get the latest exclusive cars and then didn't feel like playing afterwards, really quite tiresome. It'd help if they would introduce some of the past exclusives more often but they don't, they don't even often put them into the Forzathon shop like they did in FH4.

It...really doesn't help that when they do bring back past exclusives, they're usually 40pt cars which I just don't have the time to put into unfortunately. My time is usually better spent playing other games when I even have the time to play something.

Well, as a Mexican I find that the Eventlab set in a storm with a beach full of wreckage to be in really poor taste, if not borderline offensive. A massive hurricane wrecked the southern city of Acapulco some weeks back, that's why. Maybe it's just poor timing.

Well, as a Mexican I find that the Eventlab set in a storm with a beach full of wreckage to be in really poor taste, if not borderline offensive. A massive hurricane wrecked the southern city of Acapulco some weeks back, that's why. Maybe it's just poor timing.
It'll be poor timing mate. Unfortunate yes, malicious no.

Obviously clean ups and rebuilding after something like that take time, not to mention the human cost both physically and mentally. My thoughts are with everyone affected and I hope things are improving rapidly.

It'll be poor timing mate. Unfortunate yes, malicious no.

Obviously clean ups and rebuilding after something like that take time, not to mention the human cost both physically and mentally. My thoughts are with everyone affected and I hope things are improving rapidly.
I agree that there is no malicious intent as these things are planned weeks-months ahead. Still rubs me the wrong way.

Back