Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,955 comments
Sorry Hyundai and PG, but I am left utterly, utterly unintrigued when I look at that car. Is that supposed to look interesting? How? Is it that silly red line along the bottom? It is, isn't it? I mean, it'd really have to be. Or maybe it's supposed to be the oh-so-edgy-back-in-1995 black wheels? No? Because it sure isn't the lines of that car, or the goofy neanderthal brow ridge of a front end.

Snuck in and out to snag the BX as I'm flying out to Singapore tomorrow to meet up with my sick brother (who lives in Canada and has been diagnosed with ALS) for his bucket list family reunion. No more Xbox until mid-July.
I hope you and your family have a great visit.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_9009.jpeg
    IMG_9009.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 8
Well, there is a KFC circuit in the Eventlabs Hub, you will find it under PG Editor's Choice or something, and it seems to be linked to some kind of sweepstakes in Europe. I tried and disliked it but see it for yourselves.

For the record KFC is the dominant fried chicken chain in Mexico, with very little competition (Popeye's has tried, but they can beat KFC in price and menu coverage) other than rotisserie style chicken, which you can get anywhere.

And you know what can make us Mexican's really sad? Get the ketchup and strawberry jam packets that come with your chicken bucket and biscuits mixed up... :ouch:

Last edited:
Sorry Hyundai and PG, but I am left utterly, utterly unintrigued when I look at that car. Is that supposed to look interesting? How? Is it that silly red line along the bottom? It is, isn't it? I mean, it'd really have to be. Or maybe it's supposed to be the oh-so-edgy-back-in-1995 black wheels? No? Because it sure isn't the lines of that car, or the goofy neanderthal brow ridge of a front end.
Ha! We aren't the target audience for that thing, it's the off-road crowd that wants more trucks to build into monsters. :P This is probably our off-road reward for the Series, and the Obligatory EV at that.

Now the die has been cast for Monday; will we get the MC20? The Yaris? The SLR?

Personally I think the Ioniq 5 N seems to signal that it's the Yaris. It's Asian, like the Ioniq, can be built into any number of things, like the Tsuru could, and before the SLR came out of nowhere it did hold the vote lead on the Suggestions Hub. Granted, we could still get the MC20, with the Ioniq just playing Obligatory EV to a pack of other marketing picks--but considering that it's probably not going to bring any sort of manufacturer spotlight dealio, it's probably going to be the safest, most 'Horizon' update we've seen in a while--a couple B and C class cars to appease tuners, maybe a supercar, and then one oddball. Which is gonna make predicting the Playlist cars significantly more difficult.

Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll get a 40 point car week Series. I dunno, but if we get the Yaris as the Highly Requested Car, we're probably bound for a weak car update.

For the record KFC is the dominant fried chicken chain in Mexico, with very little competition (Popeye's has tried, but they can beat KFC in price and menu coverage) other than rotisserie style chicken, which you can get anywhere.
I always preferred Popeye's to the Colonel. If only they'd come over here... but I said the same thing about Wendy's and when they came here they weren't great.

Last edited:
I always preferred Popeye's to the Colonel. If only they'd come over here... but I said the same thing about Wendy's and when they came here they weren't great.
Oh it's the Colonel every single time for me. You'll never catch me in McDonald's, just don't like it at all. Burger King is good but too expensive here in the UK unless they have a deal for what you want on the app.

I've tried Popeye's in Oxford and wasn't impressed, and I'm sorry to say the same about Wendy's as well.

Now give me a road side cafe that does a good all day breakfast though and I'm sold each and every time. We have a good one called H Cafe just up the road from us. It's primarily a bikers cafe but serves all. Its belly buster all day breakfast is amazing......yum yum yum.

Moving on up......

We're getting a Primal Scream radio station. Bloody brilliant!!!!!!
Get your rocks off.
I've tried Popeye's in Oxford and wasn't impressed, and I'm sorry to say the same about Wendy's as well.
I'm biased because I was in Oakland, CA when I tried their chicken. It's a lot better out there. Like KFC but much less greasy. My experience of Wendy's is from the grease filled eighties when they initially set up shop here. Today a chain called Five Guys is everything they were and more. Almost as good as In-N-Out.

Last edited:
Well, there is a KFC circuit in the Eventlabs Hub, you will find it under PG Editor's Choice or something, and it seems inked to some kind of sweepstakes in Europe. I tried and disliked it but see it for yourselves.

And you know what can make us Mexican's really sad? Get the ketchup and strawberry jam packets that come with your chicken bucket and biscuits mixed up... :ouch:

TWITTER ( X): KFC EVENTLAB: KFC Auto Grand Prix
- You have until June 23 to submit your full lap on Eventlab

Attachments

• KFC1.jpg
    KFC1.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 4
  • KFC 2.jpg
    KFC 2.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 6
  • KFC - REDE MEXICO.png
    KFC - REDE MEXICO.png
    354.4 KB · Views: 4
  • KFC - REDE MEXICO1.png
    KFC - REDE MEXICO1.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Another Hyundai? Damn. Well PG must have finally got the memo that it was a under represented brand in Forza.

Tiburon GT return when?

44931919df1fc6fc2a69052b6f8fe29f8d7bae30.jpeg

Pipe dreams aside, really cool to see them flesh the brand out, I hope to see them look at other brands and do the same as well.

Personally there are too many to list but I'd love to see more appreciation for Citroen/Peugeot from the European side of things and Mazda from the Japanese side of things. Both really under represented in Forza, IMO.

Anyway, here are some Modern Horizons predictions for ya;

Festival Playlist:
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance
2022 Hennessey Mustang GT500 "Venom 1200"
2025 Hyundai IONIQ 5
2022 Maserati MC20
2021 Maserati Levante Trofeo

I'm sticking with the MC20 as the "highly requested car'. It's now in every other game outside of NFS, even TDUSC has it! Gotta come to Horizon at some point, now I think is the time.

I think all of the cars this Series will be 2020 Model Years and onward, to fit with the Modern theme. So went with the classic "a slight variant of something already in game that PG loves to add" line of thinking, aside from the IONIQ/MC20.

And if there is a car pack:

Modern Horizons Car Pack ($5 USD):
2022 Audi RS Q3 Sportback Quattro
2021 Bentley Flying Spur W12 First Edition
2022 CUPRA Dark Rebel
2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody

Again, mixture of leaked things/cars I think that make sense.

• A much needed Dodge update that'll definitely sell the pack
  • Modern updates to Bentley (leaked) and Audi which are much needed (how do we still not have a modern Audi SUV?)
  • A random wildcard car that seems to be in most of the car packs so far (like the Ginetta G10/ AMG Hammer Wagon). The Dark Rebel is the defacto go to since that instagram comment ages ago has made me convinced we'll see it one day in FH5.

Bring on Monday!

Last edited:
Why would they give us the Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody when they already sold it in the FastX car pack?

Edit: oh you want the challenger. Ah, I still don’t think it’s that likely but you may be right.

A RAM TRX using the same engine would be much more relevant though since it is the direct competitor for the recent F150 Raptor R.

Other than that, why not give us the Ferrari Purasangue SUV at last?

Last edited:
I just got my Citroën. Notice how long the car is in front of the front wheels? It’s because the engine is longitudinally mounted in front of the front axle line. That’s a lot of weight to cantilever over the nose of your car.

The nose was even extended compared to a normal BX in order to get the engine in that way around. The BX 4TC is a fantastic study in how not to build a rally prototype all around to be honest. Heuliez were given a miniscule budget and a bag of various PSA parts to make something work. Peugeot's larger four-cylinders weren't strong enough to take much boost, so they had to have a good dig around to find a suitable engine. The Talbot Tagora had recently gone out of production, but it used a variant of the 2-litre Simca engine from the 1970 Chrysler 180 (Chrysler Europe was a real mess for brands before PSA bought it and scrapped them all!). That Simca motor was much more suited to boost, so it was mated to a Citroen SM transaxle as it was the toughest they had, which forced the longitudinal FWD layout. Since there were no 4WD cars in the PSA range, Heuliez simply attached an output to the main shaft of the transmission and ran it down the length of the car, meaning there was no centre differential at all and a fixed 50/50 torque split. Finally, they added the back end of a Peugeot 505 to receive the power and drive the rear wheels.

The end result was a car with a locked torque split, huge amounts of weight ahead of the front axle, very few actual motorsport parts, and a massive weight problem due to it being larger than the road car plus a big cast iron 1970s engine. Considering that Peugeot Talbot Sport in the same group already had a compact and lightweight mid-engined AWD car homologated (the 205 T16), it's no surprise how quickly the BX 4TC programme was cancelled!

Weirdly enough, it wasn't even the only Heuliez rally car for PSA that was abandoned - a few years earlier they'd built a widebody 305 saloon with the V6 RWD drivetrain from the 504 coupe, with the intention of keeping the sturdy and reliable 504 underpinnings with a newer and smaller body. When Jean Todt joined PTS it was one of the first things he cancelled in favour of developing the much more modern 205 T16, along with Talbot's own project, a Horizon with an Esprit drivetrain in the back.

The nose was even extended compared to a normal BX in order to get the engine in that way around. The BX 4TC is a fantastic study in how not to build a rally prototype all around to be honest. Heuliez were given a miniscule budget and a bag of various PSA parts to make something work. Peugeot's larger four-cylinders weren't strong enough to take much boost, so they had to have a good dig around to find a suitable engine. The Talbot Tagora had recently gone out of production, but it used a variant of the 2-litre Simca engine from the 1970 Chrysler 180 (Chrysler Europe was a real mess for brands before PSA bought it and scrapped them all!). That Simca motor was much more suited to boost, so it was mated to a Citroen SM transaxle as it was the toughest they had, which forced the longitudinal FWD layout. Since there were no 4WD cars in the PSA range, Heuliez simply attached an output to the main shaft of the transmission and ran it down the length of the car, meaning there was no centre differential at all and a fixed 50/50 torque split. Finally, they added the back end of a Peugeot 505 to receive the power and drive the rear wheels.

The end result was a car with a locked torque split, huge amounts of weight ahead of the front axle, very few actual motorsport parts, and a massive weight problem due to it being larger than the road car plus a big cast iron 1970s engine. Considering that Peugeot Talbot Sport in the same group already had a compact and lightweight mid-engined AWD car homologated (the 205 T16), it's no surprise how quickly the BX 4TC programme was cancelled!

Weirdly enough, it wasn't even the only Heuliez rally car for PSA that was abandoned - a few years earlier they'd built a widebody 305 saloon with the V6 RWD drivetrain from the 504 coupe, with the intention of keeping the sturdy and reliable 504 underpinnings with a newer and smaller body. When Jean Todt joined PTS it was one of the first things he cancelled in favour of developing the much more modern 205 T16, along with Talbot's own project, a Horizon with an Esprit drivetrain in the back.
I wanted to compare this with the contemporary Audi Sport Quattro and Quattro S1, but you can’t lift the hood/bonnet on either one. So here’s a photo of Stig Blomqvist’s real life factory Audi.

6038635650_5bc365f376_o.jpeg

You can see it also has a longitudinally mounted engine in front of the front axle line. An inline-5 in this case, making it even longer than the engine in the Citroën. Even with that engine placement, the Audi was all-conquering. So it wasn’t necessarily the engine placement that doomed the Citroën. But as you rightly pointed out, there were a lot of other factors at play.

It’s fascinating to me how two cars can start with roughly similar architecture, yet one is a legend, and the other is footnote. And now here they are, forty years later in the same video game.

Last edited:
Even with that engine placement, the Audi was all-conquering. So it wasn’t necessarily the engine placement that doomed the Citroën. But as you rightly pointed out, there were a lot of other factors at play.

Indeed, Audi had that success despite the penalty from their engine layout, but that layout is also what made an AWD setup relatively easy to build. Their advantage was very much from being the pioneers, and when other manufacturers started to catch up its success dropped off very suddenly. The Sport Quattro and its S1 derivative only actually won one WRC round each, as after the first win for the 205 T16 on its third attempt in late 1984, Audi only managed to win against it once until the end of Group B in 1986. Audi's successes after their last WRC title were mostly in national series where teams couldn't afford cars like the 205 or Delta. The Citroen on the other hand came in six years late compared to the Quattro and was entirely obsolete years before it was even thought of.

People within Audi were working to move away from the drivetrain layout for quite some time too - when the Sport Quattro was developed, Roland Gumpert suspected that a short wheelbase wouldn't be enough to stay competitive through the 1984 season, and developed a mid-engined version in parallel without proper approval from the factory. Unfortunately when the Audi board found out they ordered the mid-engined cars to be destroyed, I believe largely because they didn't want to lose the production car link of using the same layout. However, the concept was developed further, resulting in the RS 002 prototype, which ditched even the bodywork in favour of a smaller and more streamlined car. One of those survived via total obscurity, but suddenly resurfaced after decades, was restored, and now runs in historic events as a what-if. I can only imagine how differently 1985 and 1986 might have turned out if Audi had run a mid-engined car with a dual-clutch instead of soldiering on with the 70s design of the Quattro.

I think that makes me love this mutt of a car even more.
Agreed, it’s what makes it so fascinating to me. Such an mismanaged hodge podge of parts and decisions, but the end result is still really likeable for some reason.

While it sucked in real life, it’s surprisingly effective in B class, with just some slicks, race suspension, brakes and an exhaust netting me second place in every race in the Horizon Tour I did to get the points. Though playing in cockpit view did lead to it briefly becoming a horror game:

IMG_7167.jpeg

Last edited:
1718375069167.png

That wording, 'plug in', probably refers to the Ioniq 5 N. But it also makes me wonder--are we getting more EVs than normal this next Series? "Modern Horizons" could easily also refer to a 'future of cars' theme.

Last edited:
Get your rocks off.
I'm biased because I was in Oakland, CA when I tried their chicken. It's a lot better out there. Like KFC but much less greasy. My experience of Wendy's is from the grease filled eighties when they initially set up shop here. Today a chain called Five Guys is everything they were and more. Almost as good as In-N-Out.
Five Guys is very nice but so expensive. Never had an In-N-Out bud.

View attachment 1364851
That wording, 'plug in', probably refers to the Ioniq 5 N. But it also makes me wonder--are we getting more EVs than normal this next Series? "Modern Horizons" could easily also refer to a 'future of cars' theme.
There may also be the likelihood of more plug-in hybrids and not just battery EVs. The Revuelto is a prime example.

There may also be the likelihood of more plug-in hybrids and not just battery EVs. The Revuelto is a prime example.
Oh, yeah, you're right! The Revuelto would make perfect sense in that context, and that thing's got about 1500 votes right now--making it the 12th most requested car on the Suggestions Hub.

But then, now that I realize that 'The Future of Performance' is most likely the theme, with an emphasis on PHEVs and EVs... where the hell do I start picking out the most likely cars we'll see on the Playlist?

Renault has been doing a load of weird tie-ins for the new Renault 5, all of which are not games which involve cars or driving whatsoever (Stardew Valley, Garry's Mod, etc.). The timing couldn't be better...

Isn't the 675LT still on the highly requested list? I doubt it would make much sense to bring in an outdated McLaren, but I've been proven wrong before.

Back