Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,839 comments
Time to speculate High Performance Dailies.

The main theme may revolve around entry-level performance cars, new and old (well, with more emphasis on new).

Playlist:
  • 2023 Honda Civic Type-R (Spotlight Car)
  • 2014 Peugeot 208 GTI
  • 1999 Honda Civic Si
  • 2022 Hyundai Elantra N

Other potential cars that may fit the theme include:
  • 1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR
  • 2020 BMW M2 Competition
  • 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
  • 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
  • 1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol
  • 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
  • 2013 Honda Fit
  • 2019 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
  • 2023 Toyota GR Corolla
  • 2010 Porsche Boxster S
  • 2015 Porsche Boxster GTS
  • 2022 Ford Puma ST-Line X (Wild card guess)

IDT another pack will come out.
I'll drop in, rather hopefully, the Renault Twingo RS133. Was in FM3/4 so not impossible.

To throw in a different note: Aren't "performance dailies" these days pretty much higher end EVs? You get the acceleration off the lights, you get comfort for daily commutes.

I assume we won't get that, but personally if I was looking for a high end vehicle to daily drive I'd be considering an EV not a track day special.

I do want to amend something in my last prediction; I should have remembered the post-facelift BMW M5, I was trying to think of another likely fit for the idea of 'low-rarity, high-performance' when I arrived at the new-gen Porsche 911 GT3 RS, and it completely escaped me as a result; this, therefore, is my pick for the Spring car this Series, if not my pick for the headliner.

Ideally this would be the 2021 M5 Competition; we already have Competition variants of the M2, M3, M4 and M8, so adding the Competition M5 would complete that set. Plus, if the game's next partnership in the update after this is with a racing series, it'd be a neat way to start bridging the gap between High Performance Dailies and this (possibly) sponsored update.

I suppose if they add another BMW it could be the Touring wagon variant of the M3 to go with the Audi and the Porsche Taycan wagon as well.

To throw in a different note: Aren't "performance dailies" these days pretty much higher end EVs? You get the acceleration off the lights, you get comfort for daily commutes.

I assume we won't get that, but personally if I was looking for a high end vehicle to daily drive I'd be considering an EV not a track day special.
I think the Mach-E GT would fit this idea pretty well, but I'm betting PG will take the angle of "this is performance you can find in your garage right now." These might be cars with performance variants you can find very easily, at least in the US or Japan.

Can anyone help me get a couple of cars I need?

1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon
2016 Toyota Land Cruiser Artic Trucks AT37

On the car collection it says you can get them as rewards in season events, the playlist or the forzathon shop.

They are not in the Auction House, I tried looking there a few times.

On the car collection it says you can get them as rewards in season events, the playlist or the forzathon shop.

Unfortunately those are incredibly rare anyway. Any car below B-class or so has a default auction house bid in the 100,000 credit range or lower. Those are incredibly hard to come by because hardly anyone sees the profit in selling them. Even if I were to sell mine, there's a high chance they'd be snapped up immediately. You'll have to hope they come up in Hard-to-Finds.

The Ford Station Wagon is like rocking horse poo I'm afraid mate. The Land Cruiser does pop it's head up occasionally in the AH, keeping checking you should get lucky eventually. I only have 1 of each so can't help sorry.

The Ford Station Wagon is like rocking horse poo I'm afraid mate. The Land Cruiser does pop it's head up occasionally in the AH, keeping checking you should get lucky eventually. I only have 1 of each so can't help sorry.
It really doesn't help that the Station Wagon came from Donut Media Part One, the worst update to date in most of the community's eyes--in fact, from the worst part of that update, the bit where you needed it for the PR Stunts because they wanted to really emphasize the takeover aspect.

The two Travelers are fine--in fact I still need to get one of those back in my garage because I sold it like an idiot--it's just the Wagon I don't like.

It's going to be almost impossible to predict what the new partnership might be, considering it could be any of the following;

• Partnership with a specific car brand (like with all the Ferrari's that came in Series 7 of FH5)
  • Partnership with a race series (like Extreme E)
  • Partnership with a car related brand (like Hot Wheels, Barrett Jackson)
  • Partnership with a non car related brand (Like Barbie, Oreos etc)

This leaves a really wide net - so it's anybody's best guess. If I were to choose, I'd love to see a partnership with a body kit manufacturer like say: Battle Aero. I know they've been found in text string files so it'd make some sense for them to come to the game.

https://www.battleaero.com/

They conveniently do a lot of Aero parts which could act as a new Forza Aero substitute (for at least of bunch of cars, if they added them, much like Big Country Lab).

And they also have a bunch of bodykits that PG pull from as well.

10775028016__MG_8203_1200x1200.JPG

Inb4 it's a partnership with Heinz Baked Beans or something completely random... :lol:

It's going to be almost impossible to predict what the new partnership might be, considering it could be any of the following;

• Partnership with a specific car brand (like with all the Ferrari's that came in Series 7 of FH5)
  • Partnership with a race series (like Extreme E)
  • Partnership with a car related brand (like Hot Wheels, Barrett Jackson)
  • Partnership with a non car related brand (Like Barbie, Oreos etc)

This leaves a really wide net - so it's anybody's best guess. If I were to choose, I'd love to see a partnership with a body kit manufacturer like say: Battle Aero. I know they've been found in text string files so it'd make some sense for them to come to the game.

https://www.battleaero.com/

They conveniently do a lot of Aero parts which could act as a new Forza Aero substitute (for at least of bunch of cars, if they added them, much like Big Country Lab).

And they also have a bunch of bodykits that PG pull from as well.

10775028016__MG_8203_1200x1200.JPG

Inb4 it's a partnership with Heinz Baked Beans or something completely random... :lol:
I think we can safely rule out the 'car brand' and 'non-car related brand' guesses personally; I actually went back and looked at Series 7's stream and they basically said it wasn't actually an official cross-promo deal, just them wanting to add the SF90 and the F8 Tributo and deciding from there "y'know what, why not just make the Playlist rewards Ferrari-themed?" Also, neither of those really sound big enough to warrant a reveal at Gamescom for, presumably, the Series after High Performance Dailies, it'll probably get teased at the end of this upcoming stream. On top of that, they don't actually go that far for manufacturer-focused updates; usually they'll just surprise everyone with a Playlist or update consisting exclusively of, or at least mostly of, cars from one manufacturer and call it a "Manufacturer Spotlight".

That just leaves the race series and car-related brand theories--unless PG was able to work something out with Zach and Jeremiah over at Bigtime, and unless Recurrent Ventures is willing to play ball with that whole mess surrounding the Donut project cars being owned by the hosts, I doubt it'll be anything as "exciting" as FH5 x Bigtime/Speeed. That being said, I also don't think they'd want to reveal an aero company get at Gamescom either, so it's gotta be something either major or immediately recognizable to gearheads immersed in car culture if it's the car-related brand theory.

What I think is most likely is a partnership with a race series, like TCR; that sort of thing is bound to get eyeballs on FH5, or at least FM2023, especially if that series does what Extreme E did and names the game their "Official Video Game". Germany's over in Europe, motorsports are big there. Making an announcement like that would certainly help advertise the game further to Motorsport folks.

I wouldn't mind seeing a partnership with a brand or company outside of motor vehicles again. I'd like to see Casio, Adidas etc brought back similar to how they were used in early FH titles.

It's a bit of extra advertising revenue for the developers through non intrusive means. The extra revenue would/could help future game development as well as producing new in game championships and accolades for the players.

I wouldn't mind seeing a partnership with a brand or company outside of motor vehicles again. I'd like to see Casio, Adidas etc brought back similar to how they were used in early FH titles.

It's a bit of extra advertising revenue for the developers through non intrusive means. The extra revenue would/could help future game development as well as producing new in game championships and accolades for the players.
can they partner with a tire brand, so that we get actual tire lettering?

I had hoped FM would get something with fictional brands like Prorata.

I wouldn't ming gas startions iwth official branding either. Drive thrus could be cool.

Last edited:
can they partner with a tire brand, so that we get actual tire lettering?

I had hoped FM would get something with fictional brands like Prorata.

I wouldn't ming gas startions iwth official branding either. Drive thrus could be cool.
Tyre brands aren't a bad shout either bud.

Branded petrol stations I think would fit better with a more urban based map. FH5's map is very rural, but a few family run rural petrol stations would be nice. You could pull in halfway around The Goliath for a cheeky coffee and Ginsters (very nice but mass produced Cornish Pasties).

I think there was a small missed opportunity here to have the Coffee Shop be something like Starbucks, or even an official partnership with that Cars and Coffee place they had the stream at (Caffeine Machine I think they called it?) but then that brand would probably be in charge of the design for it and you can pretty clearly tell PG wanted to do their own thing more than anything.

Does the VW 181 Thing, for those who got it, have any sort of mods? I know Populuxe mentioned that before, but do they have modifications like it?

It'd have to be possible considering the Thing's versatile use on and off-road.

Last edited:
Does the VW 181 Thing, for those who got it, have any sort of mods? I know Populuxe mentioned that before, but do they have modifications like it?

It'd have to be possible considering the Thing's versatile use on and off-road.
1723141795805.png

Only one of note is this, uh, odd front bar that also removes the paint job from the front bumper. Everything else is Forza Aero, you can't even take the top down.

Only one of note is this, uh, odd front bar that also removes the paint job from the front bumper. Everything else is Forza Aero, you can't even take the top down.
That doesn't make much sense... I mean this is a versatile offroader. You'd think they'd have some extensive customization, but no.

I mean one other game (BeamNG.drive) would let you configure any car you want to your heart's content:
Gavril D10 custom templates
1723154251938.png
1723154270886.png
1723154292617.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back