Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,839 comments
View attachment 1379365

Only one of note is this, uh, odd front bar that also removes the paint job from the front bumper. Everything else is Forza Aero, you can't even take the top down.
It's rather concerning that this took all of 2 minutes to fix through modding the files...

What gives Playground?

Attachments

• Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2024.08.08 - 23.48.44.80.png
    Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2024.08.08 - 23.48.44.80.png
    300.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2024.08.08 - 23.49.05.26.png
    Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2024.08.08 - 23.49.05.26.png
    389.2 KB · Views: 3
Obligatory reference to step 1 of the weekly challenge... :lol: Kitty Catporeon Coco screenshot galore!

Edit: Yes, I'm in my early 40's and that's much better than how I draw on paper. Did I mention I got a soft spot for cute stuff?
Screenshot 2024-08-08 194232.png
Screenshot 2024-08-08 194329.png
Screenshot 2024-08-08 194640.png

And here's the theme I selected for that cute kitty character!

Last edited:
Jorg Neumann (from Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024) has confirmed in an interview on PC Gamer that you can get out of the plane and explore the world by walking.

If they have recreated the world from a human's eye view, it could also work for cars.

Obviously we will have to wait to see the final result.

But now I wonder, can all that work be used in some way for a future FH6?

I can see it happen one day. It's definitely possible 10-20 years down the line that we could see a "Forza Horizon World" type simulator. Probably not FH6 though. Most of the walking around will probably be most useful for airports where many third party creators have built not only the outside buildings but a lot of the indoor terminals and hangars as well. Cities using AI buildings, terrain, etc takes a lot of time but it is much easier to do than it used to be. There would have to be some sort of generation of ground detail from eye level with the entire world.

This is what photogrammetry looks like close up in MSFS20 and what most photogrammetry cities will look like in 24, so clearly we're not there yet. This pic was taken by myself with the recent city update in Vegas.
GSVHOVpXgAAPVDr.jpg

The non-photogrammetry cities are obviously generic AI buildings and this is what a city looks like currently in 20 and will be similar in 24. (This is Paris before it got a photogrammetry update, not by me).
45ece89d5862fe3f50ac97c61052b5d638e2b362.jpeg

I do wonder in the future if there could be a MSFS/Asobo-T10/Playground partnership though. There is a mod where you can drive around the world with a Mitsubishi Pajero already, as well:

(yes, I might be obsessed with flight sim even more than racing games why do you ask)

Last edited:
YES! Finally the new (and last) Ford Fiesta ST!
View attachment 1379411
A moment of silence in order to pay tribute and respects to the last of its kind. The latest Ford Fiesta ST really fits this theme so well.

Surprisingly we've been getting a lot of three-cylinder cars in FH5 lately, with new and existing ones such as the:

• BMW i8
  • Hot Wheels Rip Rod
  • Toyota GR Yaris
  • Autozam AZ-1
  • and recently, that Fiesta.

Last edited:
A bunch of stuff about microsoft flight simulator

Another thing to think about is countries wanting or not wanting an eye-level recreation of their country. Some places are quite restrictive for various reasons, and would say, a China or North Korea want to be featured in a western world driving game. But yeah those are some of my ideas as to whether a Flight Sim map could work in a theoretical future Forza-type driving game. You would not just be recreating countries, you'd be recreating cultures which is easier to do from the air than from the ground level and especially in a 1:1 map versus a small scale one.

Last edited:
So unlike the completely EV-ified Mustang, the new Dodge Charger EV retains the expected shape and a fake V8 noise….

Daily performance?

IMG_7163.jpeg

Another thing to think about is countries wanting or not wanting an eye-level recreation of their country. Some places are quite restrictive for various reasons, and would say, a China or North Korea want to be featured in a western world driving game. But yeah those are some of my ideas as to whether a Flight Sim map could work in a theoretical future Forza-type driving game. You would not just be recreating countries, you'd be recreating cultures which is easier to do from the air than from the ground level and especially in a 1:1 map versus a small scale one.
South Africa would be great for this tech.

So unlike the completely EV-ified Mustang, the new Dodge Charger EV retains the expected shape and a fake V8 noise….

Daily performance?

View attachment 1379666
Oh God I hope not mate. That things is as ugly as sin.

South Africa would be great for this tech.

Apparently South Africa is one of their next stops for photogrammetry scanning! I'd love to see a scanned Johannesburg or Cape Town. A place that is very strict about not wanting 1:1 recreations of their cities through photogrammetry, actually, is South Korea, due to the obvious nuclear threat from North Korea.

Someone has modded the BTTF Delorean into this game as well:

Last edited:
Oh God I hope not mate. That things is as ugly as sin.
Disagree, the '24 Charger Daytona looks pretty for its design. Plus you can get an Hurricane I6 as an option as well as a sedan config... at least that is what I've heard.

You could say it is a spiritual successor to the Challenger. Also it's only available to Americans and starts around $61,000.

Here's more images for ya:
1723231781034.png

1723231791491.png

Photos courtesy of Dodge

Last edited:
Personally I think it's maybe too early for the new Charger. That'd be great for an update that genuinely focuses on modern American muscle, but not High Performance Dailies--I'm still convinced "performance you can find every day in your garage" is their watchword.

Apparently South Africa is one of their next stops for photogrammetry scanning! I'd love to see a scanned Johannesburg or Cape Town. A place that is very strict about not wanting 1:1 recreations of their cities through photogrammetry, actually, is South Korea, due to the obvious nuclear threat from North Korea.

Someone has modded the BTTF Delorean into this game as well:

I'd love for the game to go to South Africa next bud, but I honestly think we're all off to China. I can understand South Korea holding that position. If we do end up in China for FH6 then there's no chance 1:1 recreation.

Disagree, the '24 Charger Daytona looks pretty for its design. Plus you can get an Hurricane I6 as an option as well as a sedan config... at least that is what I've heard.

You could say it is a spiritual successor to the Challenger. Also it's only available to Americans and starts around $61,000.

Here's more images for ya:
View attachment 1379679
View attachment 1379680
Photos courtesy of Dodge
I sorry bud but I must respectfully disagree. I just can't see it's beauty. To me it's just another bland looking EV with no soul or imagination put into its design.

I'd love for the game to go to South Africa next bud, but I honestly think we're all off to China. I can understand South Korea holding that position. If we do end up in China for FH6 then there's no chance 1:1 recreation.

I sorry bud but I must respectfully disagree. I just can't see it's beauty. To me it's just another bland looking EV with no soul or imagination put into its design.
I meant for flight sim lol sorry should have clarified. MSFS does a world update every two months or so with new landmarks and cities. Feel like it’d be up your alley. The last update was the UK&I actually which added much more of London, Glasgow, Dublin, Edinburgh, and Liverpool. I’m pretty sure they borrowed some FH4 assets for some Edinburgh landmarks. Some racetracks are also made by the MSFS team and you can tell they took some assets from FM7 (specifically Bathurst)

South Africa is a rumored update for the future in flight sim.

It also probably wouldn’t defer wherever FH6 would go, but for flight sim China and South Korea at least are restrictive for reasons lol

Last edited:
I meant for flight sim lol sorry should have clarified. MSFS does a world update every two months or so with new landmarks and cities. Feel like it’d be up your alley. The last update was the UK&I actually which added much more of London, Glasgow, Dublin, Edinburgh, and Liverpool. I’m pretty sure they borrowed some FH4 assets for some Edinburgh landmarks. South Africa is a rumored update for the future in flight sim.

It also probably wouldn’t defer wherever FH6 would go, but for flight sim China and South Korea at least are restrictive for reasons lol
Oh I knew you meant Flight Sim from your earlier posts bud. I was just enjoying speculating. I do have MS Flight Sim on the Series X and you're right it is great.

Could the upcoming partnership be related to the cover car for FH6?

The reason this thought came to my mind, is because Gamescom 2024 starts on 21st Aug 2024, while the Quail is set for 16th Aug (during Monterey Car week).

There are 2 big reveals at the Quail:
  • Lamborghini codename 634 (Huracan Successor): Possible called the Temerario. V8 Twin Turbo AWD Hybrid with 900+hp and 10,000 rpm.
    1723296746829.png

1723296801893.png

• Ferrari F250 (LaFerrari Successor): V6 Twin Turbo Hybrid, likely with tech from the 499P LMh. 1000+ hp, active aero, butterfly doors etc.
    1723296880253.png

1723296892426.png
There's also a bunch of other stuff like the M5 Touring, a new Pininfarina, a new Rimac, a special version of the MC20 etc. too on the same day.

Could the upcoming partnership be related to the cover car for FH6?

The reason this thought came to my mind, is because Gamescom 2024 starts on 21st Aug 2024, while the Quail is set for 16th Aug (during Monterey Car week).

There are 2 big reveals at the Quail:
There's also a bunch of other stuff like the M5 Touring, a new Pininfarina, a new Rimac, a special version of the MC20 etc. too on the same day.
I wouldn't be surprised if the new partnership is with Hyundai. We've been getting a ton of cars from them lately.

Last edited:
This is a massive longshot.........what if the partnership is with Google?

We can use Android Auto in game to stream our music and use the call function for in game chat 😂😂😂

Is there any major company which produces body kits / parts which hasn't been in game yet?

That would be a very interesting partnership if we could get a bunch of new body kits for all kinds of manufacturers. But I have no idea if such a company exists.

As for a partnership with a car company: I'd like Rolls Royce, but I doubt it'd be feasible. The Rolls back catalogue from the last 100 years and all the way up to the new electric Spectre would be awesome to have.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new partnership is with Hyundai. We've been getting a ton of cars from them lately.
I mean, one certainly already exists, Hyundai was chomping at the bit to give T10 and PG full access to the N Vision 74 concept for Horizon Retrowave. I feel like Hyundai wouldn't do that unless they were already pretty intimate.

If they had to announce a big manufacturer deal... I'm with @nukleabomb, it'd certainly have to be here. But I'm betting it'll be with Ferrari. Pretty much all of those manufacturers up there have had consistent picks for content in these updates, and Ferrari's had great representation in Forza. With them entering the spotlight again with their Le Mans wins, it'd be a huge feather in PG and T10's caps to have unfettered access to their catalog of cars. Hyundai, by comparison, isn't as glamorous a get.

Last edited:
I feel Dodge is the new partnership. They are about to launch the new challenger.
I doubt it personally. Dodge is owned by Stellantis, so if T10 and PG landed a partnership with them then there shouldn't be any excuse why they can't start adding more cars from that particular company. Plus, Dodge doesn't come with the same 'prestige' as landing McLaren, Porsche or Lambo--or, to a lesser extent, Ford.

To me, Ferrari is the pairing that makes the most sense. They've got the second-highest amount of cars in FH5 currently, at 43, it's a marque rooted in automotive history so making the new Ferrari hypercar the next cover car for FH6 would make sense considering FH has never had anything other than a super or hypercar on the cover, and it wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer's held the cover car slot twice--Lambo had that for FH2 and 3, and one of those was straight-up an official partnership.

It's rather concerning that this took all of 2 minutes to fix through modding the files...

What gives Playground?
Yeah I don't get why they aren't bothering with upping the customization options along with allowing you to remove certain factory parts? There are so many non-branded parts they could offer as options! I can see them not doing this in the Motorsport game, but Horizon is supposed to be their Test Drive equivalent, and it just feels like they are taking "open world Forza" literally by limiting customization.

I was messing about Saturday and made a drag tune and simple paint job for the Mercedes 6x6. Both the paint job and tune have been downloaded and used over 50 times, however I've only got 3 likes in total from them. I know nobody is obliged to give a like, especially if what they downloaded isn't what they expected. However from over 100 combined uses only 3 likes is disappointing.

It's the like accolades I'm really struggling with. Has anyone else here managed to get over a 1000 likes for a tune, livery or vinyl?

The ability to like a tune or paint job comes up after 3 races, doesn't it? Or is one of the two only after 4 races?

So those 50 downloads would need to be raced a bunch of times for people to be able to click like. And if they were only used to hoon about in Mexico then the pop-up would never appear...

The ability to like a tune or paint job comes up after 3 races, doesn't it? Or is one of the two only after 4 races?

So those 50 downloads would need to be raced a bunch of times for people to be able to click like. And if they were only used to hoon about in Mexico then the pop-up would never appear...
You are right bud. But you can like manually too. I know it's a minor quibble in the big scheme of things by me. I am genuinely interested to know if anyone has got to a 1000 likes though.

FH5 Release Notes: August 12th, 2024​

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

New Features (Available from August 12)
  • 4 Permanent Road Race Routes
    • Available on Rivals and Horizon Open from August 12 and will be appearing on the world map starting from August 15
  • 1EventLab Prop: Business Suit Tank
    • 1 Gameplay: Business Suit Tank
4 Unlockable Cars (Available from August 15 onwards)
  • 4 Festival Playlist Reward Cars
    • 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
    • 2022 Ford Focus ST
    • 2023 Ford Fiesta ST
    • 2023 Toyota Camry TRD
"High-Performance Dailies" Limited Timed Series Features (Available August 15 to September 12)
  • Evolving World: Business Suit Tank Collectible
  • 1 Artist Outfit
  • 1 Series Car Collector Accolade
Bug fixes and changes
General

• General performance and stability fixes
Cars
  • Improved visibility on the 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse cockpit camera view (Bug 3943343)
  • Fixed an issue with the 1987 Mercedes Benz AMG Hammer Wagon where the side trim material was incorrect (Bug 3931073)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2003 Toyota Celica Sport Spec 2 where the Try Force Aero was incorrectly branded as Razzi (Bug 3933732)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae where some trims on the sides, front and rear of the car were not matte black (Bug
    3945817)
Audio
  • Fixed an issue where an audio notification played during Infected game mode could be very loud (Bug 3938051)

Latest Posts

Back