Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,904 comments
Crown Vic... that reminds me, I need to figure out which cars will have light bars on them again this time around.

For reasons.

gto-wheels.jpg
I wouldn’t be surprised if the C7 ZR1 gets light bars, considering the existence of the FM7 pace car

New Cars found in files:
  • 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
  • 2020 Toyota Supra GR Formula Drift
  • 2019 Toyota Corolla Formula Drift
Edit:
  • 2020 BMW M2 Formula Drift
  • 2019 Subaru WRX STI 209
  • 2011 Toyota Camry 2Jz

Also Sound files for new other new cars:

• Renault 8 Gordini

Papadakis-Racing-2020-Formula-D-Cars.jpg
Subaru-WRX-STI-S208-bigMobileWide-fa708b8-1121044.jpg
93ed621af924b4afac8aad1387bf9bf1.jpg
Yves-Meyer-BMW-F22-Drift-Force-von-oben-autosprintch.jpeg
renault-8-r8-gordini-1967-blau-modellauto-1-18-solido.jpg

Last edited:
New Cars found in files:
Edit:
So I'm guessing this update is adding the Day One FD pack?

Spoiler; Potential photos of the new FD cars
fredric-aasbo-shows-1000-hp-2019-corolla-drift-hatch-in-new-york-124701_1.jpg

greddy-formula-d-gr-supra-01.jpg

eNQafLGKSjqntMotupvwWg

Last edited:
So I'm guessing this update is adding the Day One FD pack?

Spoiler; Potential photos of the new FD cars
fredric-aasbo-shows-1000-hp-2019-corolla-drift-hatch-in-new-york-124701_1.jpg

greddy-formula-d-gr-supra-01.jpg

eNQafLGKSjqntMotupvwWg
I'm pretty sure the Supra will be this one, since it's built by the same team that did the Corolla. It's entirely possible we get more than one, mind you. :lol:

25-fdstl-aasbo-supra.jpg

And to be a bit pedantic, that M2 is not an FD car, but it's most likely the one that's coming to the game is indeed Yves Meyer's FD car, which is black but otherwise identical.

Last edited:
Month one Car Pass cars (I don't know the order, just the contents):
1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
1967 Renault 8 Gordini
2019 Subaru WRX STI S209

And the FD car pack:
#91 2020 BMW M2
#357 2017 Chevrolet Corvette
#99 2019 Mazda RX-8
#11 2011 Toyota Camry 2JZ
#151 2020 Toyota GR Supra
#34 1995 Toyota Supra MK4
#411 2019 Toyota Corolla

And one that I'm not sure where it fits:
1978 Datsun 280Z "Gold Legend"

It could be in the FD pack or it could be in the Car Pass, but whichever one it's in would leave the other short by one car, judging by the files. I'm going to assume it's a FD car since the Car Pass can technically be missing one, since the game is releasing part of the way through the month, and it makes 8 cars for FD.

New Cars found in files:
Edit:
  • 2019 Subaru WRX STI 209
  • 2011 Toyota Camry 2Jz

Also Sound files for new other new cars:

• Renault 8 Gordini
Haha more cars taken from GT. :sly: The rest, badass!!! Thank you Forza! ☺ Can't wait to get my hands on those beauties! But the Subie STI 209 and the Toyota Camry 2JZ is catching my attention. 😃

Last edited:
1967 Renault 8 Gordini
2019 Subaru WRX STI S209

And the FD car pack:
#91 2020 BMW M2
#99 2019 Mazda RX-8
#411 2019 Toyota Corolla

It could be in the FD pack or it could be in the Car Pass, but whichever one it's in would leave the other short by one car, judging by the files. I'm going to assume it's a FD car since the Car Pass can technically be missing one, since the game is releasing part of the way through the month, and it makes 8 cars for FD.
No other updates to the base car list?

Erm,

I've been watching and attending drift events for years and I've never heard of a 2JZ Camry drift car. The internet seems to suggest there's no such thing. No driver has worn #11 in years, so what exactly is that thing?

:confused:

1967 Renault 8 Gordini
2019 Subaru WRX STI S209

And the FD car pack:
#91 2020 BMW M2
#99 2019 Mazda RX-8
#411 2019 Toyota Corolla

Thanks for the work, TheAdmiester!

Still, personally, that's a weak first month of the Car Pass. Probably the warm-up though.

Thanks for the work, TheAdmiester!

Still, personally, that's a weak first month of the Car Pass. Probably the warm-up though.
I guess it depends on your taste, ultimately. Personally, I am loving the first 2 on that list. But none of them look like expensive licences that needed to be acquired, that's for sure.

I can well imagine a lot of "WhEre's the L8eSt Hypercar" with this month' car pass though.

They might be keeping back the 4th car pass car until a mid season patch though (especially knowing that anything in the updates gets leaked almost instantaneously). If it is worth hiding until later, that might suggest something interesting for the 4th car?

A Saturday to release a 20+ GB patch for a game that isn’t even out yet, hmmm. 🤔

My guess is that the press got their review copies now of the final game. I wonder when they are allowed to show footage.

A Saturday to release a 20+ GB patch for a game that isn’t even out yet, hmmm. 🤔

My guess is that the press got their review copies now of the final game. I wonder when they are allowed to show footage.
I'd assume reviews/footage will come out week of early access. Maybe Wednesday this week?

I'm still very surprised we've seen no car list announcement yet. Or any real EventsLab footage.

I guess it depends on your taste, ultimately. Personally, I am loving the first 2 on that list. But none of them look like expensive licences that needed to be acquired, that's for sure.

I can well imagine a lot of "WhEre's the L8eSt Hypercar" with this month' car pass though.
I mean, you've got
a classic muscle car and a cult-favorite European icon, along with a recent high-performance Japanese tuner car
, which is the sort of deep-knowledge car-geek sort of selection I go to the Forza games for. At this point anyone even a few games into the franchise should know that this is how PG/T10 tends to build their car roster, and if Newest Latest Hypercar is all it takes to make a good racing game then there's other titles for you. Or, you know, wait a few months after launch for the hypercars to show up. That works too.

Just checked my xbox and yeah, there is an update for FH5. I wonder what it's for? 🤔
Likely a patch before reviewers get the game to address last minute bug fixes and additions.

20 GB size doesn't mean too much as these updates are usually replacing 20 GB of existing game data and not adding to the overall size. I would guess that due to compression techniques and archiving it is easier to replace the data then try to address issues that are currently compressed and archived in the game files.

This might be the day one patch, but we could still see another update before launch.

Last edited:
I don’t think fans of hypercars have much to complain about, most of the hypercars in FH4 made it to FH5 and from the cars new to FH5 there are already 3 hypercars (4 if you count in the McLaren GT as well). Meanwhile a lot of classic and retro cars got cut.

I’m mostly a fan of classic and retro cars (let’s say 1960-1999 era) but the cars I would like to see added the most are the latest sporty versions of “normal“ cars, like the new A class, GLC, M8, RS3 just to name a few. I think that’s the segment of cars where the current launch roster is lacking the most. For example I’m not in particular an Audi fan but come on… their newest car is from 2016, that just feels wrong.

As for these newly revealed cars, even though I don’t care much for drift cars, I like the strong presence of Toyota here with both new and old cars as well as the BMW M2, it mixes well with the cars we already have. The 3 “normal“ cars being the Subaru, Mercury and R8 aren’t immediate eye catchers for me but I’ll take it.

They might be keeping back the 4th car pass car until a mid season patch though (especially knowing that anything in the updates gets leaked almost instantaneously). If it is worth hiding until later, that might suggest something interesting for the 4th car?
I do like modern supercars and hypercars (and other types of modern machinery as well), but not because they're the latest and greatest, as I've never subscribed to that trend. I like them because I really like the way they look and the way they perform. My favorites garage, in Horizon games, has a pretty heavy 2010+ bias.

I'd assume reviews/footage will come out week of early access. Maybe Wednesday this week?

I'm still very surprised we've seen no car list announcement yet. Or any real EventsLab footage.
I do want to see some Event Lab footage. It's not very confidence inducing that we're less than a week away, from some people to start playing, and we still have very little footage about it.

Last edited:
1967 Renault 8 Gordini
2019 Subaru WRX STI S209

And the FD car pack:
#91 2020 BMW M2
#99 2019 Mazda RX-8
#411 2019 Toyota Corolla

1978 Datsun 280Z "Gold Legend" could be Chris Forsberg’s Datsun 280Z ‘Gold Leader'. prob a mistake in the files. car is a restromoded 280z fitted with a 800hp rb25det skyline engine! see https://sungsgarage.com/chris-forsbergs-datsun-280z-gold-leader-restomod-a-road-legal-drift-car/ for details.

Last edited:
Back