Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,864 comments
ForzaHorizon5_KeyArt_Horiz_RGB_Final.jpg

This is how I imagine everyone in this thread.

Last edited:
I never actually messed around too much with the FD cars in FH4, but now I'm wondering with the new upgrades if it's possible to "de-drift" them -- I like their looks and they could be bases for interesting tuner cars, so I'd like to make grippy track specials out of them. Blasphemy, I know, but I already plan on turning the '68 Dodge Dart HEMI into an offroader so I'm not exactly a purist here.
That's a lot more work than a normal car upgrade, but it's probably possible.
I used to use a FD 370Z and FD 599 tuned to grip specs in FH4.
The default suspension settings on the FD cars are extreme drift tuning, so it is more difficult to go from there to grip tuning than on a normal car, but it is not impossible.
In FH5, will probably allow FD cars to be fitted with other tires, such as racing tires, so it will be easier to do the same than to get these cars to grip specs in FH4.

I never actually messed around too much with the FD cars in FH4, but now I'm wondering with the new upgrades if it's possible to "de-drift" them -- I like their looks and they could be bases for interesting tuner cars, so I'd like to make grippy track specials out of them. Blasphemy, I know, but I already plan on turning the '68 Dodge Dart HEMI into an offroader so I'm not exactly a purist here.
Honestly, none of the new upgrades seem to matter at all besides the different tires. Just seems like different default tunes.

I don’t think fans of hypercars have much to complain about, most of the hypercars in FH4 made it to FH5 and from the cars new to FH5 there are already 3 hypercars (4 if you count in the McLaren GT as well). Meanwhile a lot of classic and retro cars got cut.

I’m mostly a fan of classic and retro cars (let’s say 1960-1999 era) but the cars I would like to see added the most are the latest sporty versions of “normal“ cars, like the new A class, GLC, M8, RS3 just to name a few. I think that’s the segment of cars where the current launch roster is lacking the most. For example I’m not in particular an Audi fan but come on… their newest car is from 2016, that just feels wrong.

As for these newly revealed cars, even though I don’t care much for drift cars, I like the strong presence of Toyota here with both new and old cars as well as the BMW M2, it mixes well with the cars we already have. The 3 “normal“ cars being the Subaru, Mercury and R8 aren’t immediate eye catchers for me but I’ll take it.
I definitely feel cheated on the Audi front. A lot of cars have been released since 2016.

So I had a chat with some players that are going to play the early version and one suggest to change the location to New Zealand (GMT +13) on Thursday the 4th. I'm definitely gonna do that and try to start the game before midnight local time. That's if there's going to be a rolling release like it was for FH4. Anyway it really doesn't matter for that few hours, Friday is so close.

This commercial sits right there with the FM4 commercial back in 2011. Now I know there's going to be those who'd disagree because FM4 apparently "cAn NoT bE bEaTeN", including FH1 and FH2 because "my nostalgia". I'm just saying this commercial captures the essence of the franchise that's been missing since FM5, and it feels damn good! Just seeing how good this commercial is, that's when you know FH5 is going to be the BEST game PG has ever developed! :D

already digging that 2019 toyota corolla fd car. hope we get couple new gr models too.
I hope so too! 😃 Having the GR Yaris onboard with Forza will be so darn good! Crossing fingers it gets added eventually. 🤞🤞
Likely a patch before reviewers get the game to address last minute bug fixes and additions.

20 GB size doesn't mean too much as these updates are usually replacing 20 GB of existing game data and not adding to the overall size. I would guess that due to compression techniques and archiving it is easier to replace the data then try to address issues that are currently compressed and archived in the game files.

This might be the day one patch, but we could still see another update before launch.
Ahh I didn't think about that, which very well could be true! That makes sense when you put that way. :)

Back