Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,904 comments
How do you know? Or is this simply you trying to posit the worst possible thing to make yourself seem right later on?
This is a guess based on what has happened with Mitsubishi, and Toyota & Lexus respectively. There is no clear evidence for this.
However, if they had a "user friendly" way of doing things, Toyota and Lexus could have gone the same way as Mitsubishi. Oh, and the DeLorean.
The mainstay of their live service now is definitely Festival Playlist, and it's clear that this system is an effort to increase Game Pass subscriptions and the number of unique users of this game.
And just like what we did with Toyota, making almost all existing cars from Alfa Romeo and Fiat the prizes of the playlist would be a bait for players who have been loyal to their brand cars until then.
And they will be forced to play these modes halfway for the cars they love, which will result in more numbers to please MS management team and shareholders.

Please don't misunderstand me. I have high hopes for FH5 and don't intend to run a negative campaign against them.
However, I've learned enough in the three years of FH4.
There is nothing more expensive than free. The time has come for us to give our time and loyalty to the publishers instead of paying for paid DLC.

B54F427A-F746-42FD-9159-DA0B8E432F1F.jpeg

Well , Premium edition is a scam.
For +40$ you get 42 cars + vip + wp + 2 expansions.

In FH4 for +40$(ultimate) you get 49+7+10 cars + vip + 2 expansions.

Lets not forget, that 42 cars for FH4 at release is ~10% of car list and now its only 8%.
That‘s some serious nitpicking there… 🙄 Does it really matter if it’s a few cars more or less?

You could also argue that the cars in FH5 are worth more than in FH4 because they sound better and have more sandbox space to drive them in.

That‘s some serious nitpicking there…
And there's that small thing he omitted. While both Ultimate edition cost the same that is not the case for the base game. Actually I'm not so sure, but wasn't FH4 60€ while FH5 is 70€?
Anyway calling it a scam... How much should 2 expansion, car pass and vip cost? 2€? 8€? 19€? I'm so confused...

And there's that small thing he omitted. While both Ultimate edition cost the same that is not the case for the base game. Actually I'm not so sure, but wasn't FH4 60€ while FH5 is 70€?
Anyway calling it a scam... How much should 2 expansion, car pass and vip cost? 2€? 8€? 19€? I'm so confused...
Both 60, afaik, its not PS title.

Its a scam because its less content for same money, mainly because they put FDP in 42 carpass cars. Its misleading on purpose.

That‘s some serious nitpicking there… 🙄 Does it really matter if it’s a few cars more or less?

You could also argue that the cars in FH5 are worth more than in FH4 because they sound better and have more sandbox space to drive them in.
He’s also omitted the 8 exclusive cars on top of the 42 for getting premium so it’s actually 50 additional in the premium, plus the 2 expansions.

And there’s bound to be some surprises along the way.

Again, its not few, its 24.

He’s also omitted the 8 exclusive cars on top of the 42 for getting premium so it’s actually 50 additional in the premium, plus the 2 expansions.

And there’s bound to be some surprises along the way.
Get 42 extra cars at one low price! The Car Pass will deliver 34 new cars to your game weekly, one per week. As a bonus, you’ll also receive 8 Formula Drift Cars to get you started.

All cars included in the Car Pass grant you a one-time only, free addition of each car to your game garage, with no additional in-game credit cost. The Car Pass is included with Deluxe and Premium Editions, and the Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Get the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass today!
Thats what i am taking about, even dedicated fans dont what they pay for

Last edited:
Both 60, afaik, its not PS title.
Well FH5 standard is 69,99€ on the Xbox store here in Europe. But I really can't remember the start price for FH4 standard. Maybe it was the same. Somehow I remember it being 59,99€. Anyway I'm not sure.
Its a scam because its less content for same money, mainly because they put FDP in 42 carpass cars. Its misleading on purpose.
It's not misleading since you have all the details written for each edition and they could easily charge less money to keep the price under 100€ for both games as far as we know.

Well FH5 standard is 69,99€ on the Xbox store here in Europe. But I really can't remember the start price for FH4 standard. Maybe it was the same. Somehow I remember it being 59,99€. Anyway I'm not sure
Seems strange, maybe some kind of tax added.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-02-16-36-22-082_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-02-16-36-22-082_com.android.chrome.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
You trying to convince me it's not 69,99€ here? You only prove my point. They can adjust the prices just to keep it under 100. Again where is the scam?

You trying to convince me it's not 69,99€ here? You only prove my point. They can adjust the prices just to keep it under 100. Again where is the scam?
I don't try to convince you about anything, only saying its 60/80/100 in US, same as FH4 was.

Last edited:
I don't try to convince you about anything, only saying its 60/80/100 in US, same as FH4 was.
Now did you consider the fact that they could keep the prices lower in the US just for marketing purposes? Because prices are clearly different in different parts of the globe.

If you are interested, the base game costs $1,499.00 pesos in Mexico. That's about US$72, however,
it includes a local sales tax of 16%, which by law is now included in digital purchases, thus the game costs $1,292.00 pesos or about US$62.

Last edited:
Screw hypercars, who wants to join me in D-Class highway runs?

Car must be D-Class, but still drivable as the runs will start at the North East end, loop around the the South West roundabout then return to the North East. Hit a traffic car or go off the road you lose.

Also, 1v1 races down the volcano road at night in B-Class Japanese cars.

34 car pass, 8 drift car pack, 5 welcome pack cars and 3 bonus VIP cars.

By my maths that’s 50 cars in the premium edition.

It says in the description what you are paying for all you have to do is read it.
I've played Forza since FM1, I consider myself a dedicated player and have no issue with the Premium add-ons or the price.

If it bothers you that much and you think it's a scam, then don't buy it, but you'll have a hard time convincing people it is actually a scam.

34 car pass, 8 drift car pack, 5 welcome pack cars and 3 bonus VIP cars.

By my maths that’s 50 cars in the premium edition.
FH4 also has VIP FE cars and preorder bonus cars, I don't think It should be counted as something meaningful.

Seems strange, maybe some kind of tax added.
I don't think that is the case. FH5 Standard is 69,99€ here and the Ultimate is 99,99€. I know they said the prices will stay at 60$, they just forgot to add US only.
Sorry if I'm dragging this too far.. will stop now.

FH4 also has VIP FE cars and preorder bonus cars, I don't think It should be counted as something meaningful.
FH5 has VIP FE cars as well. Now you're nitpicking again to fit your argument. Bonus cars are bonus cars, regardless of where they come from, in this case it FE cars for VIPs.

Either include it in your count or don't, but don't claim it's a scam just because it doesn't fit what you think should be included.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here before but does anyone else have the issue with consoles only showing the two expansions pre-installed with the Premium edition or Premium add-ons bundle, but PC shows all the content?

There's a few threads about it on the official forums, but I haven't seen a clear answer as to if that is correct.

@ManteoMax is there any insight into this?

Back