Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,904 comments
So who plans on “moving” to New Zealand tomorrow so they can play even earlier?
Is that even possible? It says the game comes out at 9PM PST on the 4th for me, and 12AM EST for east coast USA. Wouldn't that set it at a 5PM release time on the 5TH for New Zealand?

Is that even possible? It says the game comes out at 9PM PST on the 4th for me, and 12AM EST for east coast USA. Wouldn't that set it at a 5PM release time on the 5TH for New Zealand?
I read on Reddit that if change your console location to New Zealand, you can play as early as 7AM EST on Thursday. We’ll see how true that is soon enough.

I read on Reddit that if change your console location to New Zealand, you can play as early as 7AM EST on Thursday. We’ll see how true that is soon enough.
I did this with Far Cry 6 last month and it worked:)
That's interesting because this seems to be a Global release regardless of timezone. Otherwise, why would they let me play at 9PM Thursday, but east coast is 12 am? Either way, if it works, have fun! I'll be busy most the day any ways so I can just wait it out till 9PM to give it a shot, but good to know for the future!

Back to Long Beach...
20210924_110926.jpg
20210924_110849.jpg
20210924_110908.jpg

Last edited:
Very sad to hear that... Would the Xbox All Access program be of help to you?
Definitely look into that @Populuxe Cowboy. Although extra bills always suck, I think its something like $30-40 a month. That, or for the time being use the Cloud Streaming that is available to Game Pass Ultimate Users. That also gives you access to it's next gen qualities as well.

Very sad to hear that... Would the Xbox All Access program be of help to you?
If it requires a PC, then unfortunately no, as I don’t have one. My home computer is a six year old iPad. I have a Venmo and a PayPal if anyone wants to contribute to my new-used XBox fund, but I won’t link it here since I’m not sure how couth or uncouth that is, rules-wise.

Last edited:
If it requires a PC, then unfortunately no, as I don’t have one. My home computer is a six year old iPad. I have a Venmo and a PayPal if anyone wants to contribute to my new-used XBox fund, but I won’t link it here since I’m not sure how couth or uncouth that is, rules-wise.
My friend plays Diablo 2 off of his Surface. My other friend came over to a lan party I had the other day and played Back 4 Blood off his cellphone lol. It's not the best solution, but it's something to consider if you can't seem to get it sorted in time. I'm wondering if you can play it to your iPad and somehow cast it to your TV? Might be a bit of input lag I'm thinking, though. Going to Vegas next week so if I win anything at gambling, I'll contribute :P - I'm fully expecting to be at a loss though.

Umm no, it is like a cellphone plan in which you commit for 2 years to pay monthly installments. You get the console and Game Pass Ultimate access. After 2 years, the console is yours. I pointed it out since it is available in the US.

Umm no, it is like a cellphone plan in which you commit for 2 years to pay monthly installments. You get the console and Game Pass Ultimate access. After 2 years, the console is yours. I pointed it out since it is available in the US.

You can also pay for it all upfront if you have the funds. Source: best friend did Xbox All Access, and did this.

Same guy is also claiming Rocket Bunny are in the game, I'm hesitant to believe though when we've heard its gone from basically everyone else.

Dude commented in his recent video, and yeah, it is removed.
Capture.JPG

I guess it is easy to mix Rocket Bunny with Liberty Walk.
Also same dude confirmed in some other video that Alfa/Lancia/Fiat/Abarth aren't in the final build.

Dude commented in his recent video, and yeah, it is removed.
View attachment 1091585

I guess it is easy to mix Rocket Bunny with Liberty Walk.
Also same dude confirmed in some other video that Alfa/Lancia/Fiat/Abarth aren't in the final build.
While I tend to believe that Alfa/Lancia/Fiat/Abarth aren't in the game at launch, I'd take things like this with a grain of salt. Especially since this guy has already said one thing and then back tracked....

While I tend to believe that Alfa/Lancia/Fiat/Abarth aren't in the game at launch, I'd take things like this with a grain of salt. Especially since this guy has already said one thing and then back tracked....
always thought there may be a chance rocket bunny was just not present in the preview build sent to everyone. makes sense if everything wasn't available at that time. the preview build they prob sent to everyone was their most stable version of the game. also wasnt the street hunter supra's full body kit confirmed to be scanned for the a90? but we only seen its spoiler in the game.

Some people are not going to be happy with this. If you bought the game on steam it will release at EST12.01 AM no matter where you are.

Last edited:
How do we know what cars are working convertibles?
Watching videos of the menu where you can buy the cars, there is no icon for convertibles.
Are we to assume that every car in the game is a convertible if the real car is one? Or is it just a few handpicked cars?

How do we know what cars are working convertibles?
Watching videos of the menu where you can buy the cars, there is no icon for convertibles.
Are we to assume that every car in the game is a convertible if the real car is one? Or is it just a few handpicked cars?
I think it's safe to assume that if a car has an animated roof that can be toggled in Forzavista, then that also means that the car can have its roof toggled while driving.

That's interesting because this seems to be a Global release regardless of timezone. Otherwise, why would they let me play at 9PM Thursday, but east coast is 12 am? Either way, if it works, have fun! I'll be busy most the day any ways so I can just wait it out till 9PM to give it a shot, but good to know for the future!
From my understanding (I spent several minutes looking this up this morning :lol: ) it's relative to the eastern-most part of the location/timezone. So 12:01AM NZDT is 7:01AM EDT for me. New Zealand is 17 hours ahead so there's some math involved to see when it would be available to play in your timezone, theoretically that is.

I hope it works because I haven't been able to play anything else for the past week and a half! :lol:

From my understanding (I spent several minutes looking this up this morning :lol: ) it's relative to the eastern-most part of the location/timezone. So 12:01AM NZDT is 7:01AM EDT for me. New Zealand is 17 hours ahead so there's some math involved to see when it would be available to play in your timezone, theoretically that is.

I hope it works because I haven't been able to play anything else for the past week and a half! :lol:
11:01am GMT if I did that correctly..

Last edited:
I’ll see if I can qualify for it. My credit took a big hit after seven months of unemployment. If not, then it’s a used XBox from Gamestop for me.

Last edited:
Back