Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,904 comments
9-2.jpg

Well, the moderators on discord have changed the timezone to New Zealand and warned against playing earlier than the Early Access release in your area.
This is no surprise, given the precedent they set in banning time travel back in FH4.
They probably know what region you're coming from and what time early access is available in that region based on your IP.
And playing earlier than the original release time would be reason enough to ban your account.

Of course, you will not be penalized for anything, and only the one who did this may benefit from it.
However, considering the risk of suddenly being handed a seven-day ban, waiting a few hours is a more solid action.

Last edited:

Well, the moderators on discord have changed the timezone to New Zealand and warned against playing earlier than the Early Access release in your area.
This is no surprise, given the precedent they set in banning time travel back in FH4.
They probably know what region you're coming from and what time early access is available in that region based on your IP.
And playing earlier than the original release time would be reason enough to ban your account.

Of course, you will not be penalized for anything, and only the one who did this may benefit from it.
However, considering the risk of suddenly being handed a seven-day ban, waiting a few hours is a more solid action.

good that u shared it. so ill have to wait til 9pm tomorrow to play it. better safe then sorry. got a temp ban from doing time travel on fh4 before. so not gonna risk it again. with that said. just 24 hrs to go for me!

Last edited:
Plan A it is then..oh well,not so bad I guess,though in fairness I never had a location set..

Last edited:

A Discord moderator? No. Just...no.

There's no precedent for being banned over this as it sounds like everyone and their mother did it for FH4 and even 3.

A Discord moderator? No. Just...no.

There's no precedent for being banned over this as it sounds like everyone and their mother did it for FH4 and even 3.
Why not just ask microsoft support via online chat to get a proper response? Then you will know once and for alll if its safe.

Last edited:
Why no

Why not just ask microsoft support via online chat to get a proper response? Then you will know once and for alll if its safe.
Why no? It's a Discord moderator. Anyone can be assigned that role, no different than the moderators on FM.net. One of whom I've legitimately argued with for being grossly incorrect. About what, I don't remember (it was during the FM3 days, maybe?) but my point being is unless it's an official moderator from Microsoft/Turn 10 or Playground their word doesn't carry much weight.

As for asking MS Support, I think that's a gimme to be honest. Playing it safe is one thing but I wouldn't take that as gospel. Now if an official T10 rep dropped by and said "Don't do that", that's ironclad. :lol:

There are some things relative to consoles that will result in a ban so that's a riskier route.

Why no? It's a Discord moderator. Anyone can be assigned that role, no different than the moderators on FM.net. One of whom I've legitimately argued with for being grossly incorrect. About what, I don't remember (it was during the FM3 days, maybe?) but my point being is unless it's an official moderator from Microsoft/Turn 10 or Playground their word doesn't carry much weight.

As for asking MS Support, I think that's a gimme to be honest. Playing it safe is one thing but I wouldn't take that as gospel. Now if an official T10 rep dropped by and said "Don't do that", that's ironclad. :lol:

There are some things relative to consoles that will result in a ban so that's a riskier route.
"Discussing exploits on how to get the game early is not allowed. Accessing the game outside of your region can lead to enforcement actions. For information on launch times, please check out our FAQ here: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4402249796243-Forza-Horizon-5-Announce-FAQ" is the language provided by T10 staff to the Forza Discord moderators to reference in Forza's channels.

It's an easy 10/10 from me by the virtue of having the XJR-15 in the roster. Every other car from the 500~ strong list make very nice bonuses. C:

For real though, the previews show that Mexico has that sense of beauty that the series has been lacking after 2. The landscape feels sheer once again, for one. I really hope this game will re-capture 1 and 2's magic.

Comparison between standard Xbox One and Series X. Honestly the differences are minor at best, the only serious advantage for next gen is higher resolution and 60 fps mode. I'd say the difference is a lot less pronounced than between Forza Horizon 2 Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions.

Comparison between standard Xbox One and Series X. Honestly the differences are minor at best, the only serious advantage for next gen is higher resolution and 60 fps mode. I'd say the difference is a lot less pronounced than between Forza Horizon 2 Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions.

Good find. It's a shame nobody was able to do this before as it might have resulted in higher preorders from users of lower end machines (or fewer cases of squeaky pants from those who did, lol).

Last edited:
Well I wasn't much concerned about graphics. I knew this wasn't gonna turn into another Cyberpunk or Project Cars 3, but I didn't expect this much quality ether. Specially how they handle distant objects. But I wonder how will it handle different loading times in multiplayer. Anyway it's going to be a painful day waiting for midnight... I'm so excited I can't play any game, uff.

I'm hoping the Delorean paint area will have advanced paint version like the Rover SD1, instead of the lazy copy and paste from FM4.
Those black plastic moldings that were common on cars in the 80's and 90's have long been a nemesis for painters.
Hopefully, we can beat this enemy for the first time in a decade.

Back