Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments

Well, the moderators on discord have changed the timezone to New Zealand and warned against playing earlier than the Early Access release in your area.
This is no surprise, given the precedent they set in banning time travel back in FH4.
They probably know what region you're coming from and what time early access is available in that region based on your IP.
And playing earlier than the original release time would be reason enough to ban your account.

Of course, you will not be penalized for anything, and only the one who did this may benefit from it.
However, considering the risk of suddenly being handed a seven-day ban, waiting a few hours is a more solid action.

I am personally against using the Timezone/region exploit. And as a modderator on r/ForzaHorizon I have been deleting every reference to using it on the sub, Until I woke up today and saw that one of the other moderators approved a meme post about the New Zealand region changing. So I'm just going to stay off the sub today and let it burn.
People using the region change are already posting spoilers for things I was planning to stream on my Twitch tomorrow. I want my honest first opionions of the game for my twitch stream tomorrow.

All barn finds and their locations:

The XJR-15 is locked behind Horizon Wilds, so looks like I’m doing that first.

Last edited:
1E107509-AF9F-49D6-8831-A8E9BE6E658D.jpeg

TOMORROW

It’s a miracle. After leaving my XBox unplugged for more than twelve hours yesterday, I plugged it in last night in one last desperate hope it would fire up, and it did. I was even able to play the new Rally stage in Wreckfest. It’s clear my XBox is near the end of its life, but at least I can still play it for a month or two while I get my finances in better shape so I can buy a new one.

It’s a miracle. After leaving my XBox unplugged for more than twelve hours yesterday, I plugged it in last night in one last desperate hope it would fire up, and it did. I was even able to play the new Rally stage in Wreckfest. It’s clear my XBox is near the end of its life, but at least I can still play it for a month or two while I get my finances in better shape so I can buy a new one.
If it acts up again, you may want to consider giving it a factory reset to see if it improves. Oftentimes the problem is in the software and not the hardware, and if all it needs is a flatten and reinstall then that will save you a lot of unneeded cost. Getting a can of compressed air and giving it a couple quick puffs through the vents won't hurt either.

It's a Forza Festivus miracle!

Last edited:
That's great news, luck was on your side today. In the meantime, I definitely suggest looking into those alternatives listed at the same time too!

Cant wait until midnight to play it, I am away this weekend so can only play a couple of hours tonight and will have to wait till Sunday night then.

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to progress through the game. I know I want to purchase the most expensive cars first so that I have more cars to try out as the game winds down.

I think I'll max out and grab all the unlockables from one festival before moving on the the next. I'm so excited

Excited Atlanta Braves GIF by MLB

I'm so happy for you!!! Thank goodness! 😊

GameRiot started playing on the previous gen Xbox console. Still does look amazing indeed.

Ill be playing on XSX in quality mode (and my TV in movie mode) in exactly 12 hours (European CET). I want all the visual goodies I can get for my first impression. Might switch to performance mode and TV in gaming mode after a couple of weeks.

Well that's more or less what I was expecting to see from the old console. It's not terrible graphically, but the loading times are atrocious. Glad I got a Series X for that reason alone.

Well that's more or less what I was expecting to see from the old console. It's not terrible graphically, but the loading times are atrocious. Glad I got a Series X for that reason alone.
I was actually shocked watching some comparison videos of loading times between games on the Series consoles and the last gen. I can't believe how long it actually took for things like FH4. I mean I know cus I experienced it, but honestly wasn't aware of the actual length of time it was.

I was actually shocked watching some comparison videos of loading times between games on the Series consoles and the last gen. I can't believe how long it actually took for things like FH4. I mean I know cus I experienced it, but honestly wasn't aware of the actual length of time it was.
I have an original One I bought in 2015, and booting FH4 from the Xbox dashboard takes about 5-6 minutes from the opening credits to the autoshow menu. On the Series X the same process is under a minute.

Those load times make a lot of difference in-game as well, whether it's fast travelling (including to DLC locations) or car delivery. Quick resume is also a massive plus to quality of life.

Those load times make a lot of difference in-game as well, whether it's fast travelling (including to DLC locations) or car delivery. Quick resume is also a massive plus to quality of life.
Assassins Creed is a million times more tolerable with fast travel now. It's only about 5 seconds of load time.

Can anyone comment on how it feels on a wheel? Including iffroad stuff? I know horizon 4 felt stupid slippery offroad on the wheel compared to the controller.

Watching Jeff play through part of the game on Giant Bomb and I love this little detail in one of the stories:
There's a plot-driven bit in the abandoned airfield where you have to find and smash five different crates in slightly out-of-the-way spots to get different things like outfits and Barn Find rumors, which gave me some real Tony Hawk vibes.
Finding new variations on some of the older gameplay find-and-smash tropes like XP / Fast Travel boards is a welcome addition, even if it's not that revolutionary an idea.

Would Populuxe's Xbox rising from the dead qualify as a feat of strength? 🤔
Completely and totally unrelated, but just noticed you live in Alhambra. Never seen someone so close to me on this forum! I was in SGV up until two years ago, and moved down the street from Cal State LA.

Now, back to our normal programming.

Back