Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
EventsLab
Damn.

We received no guidance whatsoever on EventsLab, and I dug as much as I could in the short time we had (also I had COVID last week; I'm not exactly at full operating capacity right now), and simply couldn't find any way into it. I did the whole route creation thing, but couldn't figure out how to place obstacles.

I did get into the "rules of the game", but couldn't even come close to making them work. I couldn't get any apparently valid combinations of Trigger/Conditions/Actions to work, but I did get one to validate despite making no sense and it didn't function anyway.

Edit: Just booted the game up and been reset into my starter car for the second time. The last time that happened I also encountered a driving line glitch which erased the line anywhere other than braking zones...

Edit edit: Lol. Got into the "Blueprint Builder" (why... why is it not called "Event Lab") as per that video, and all the buttons he's trying to tell me to press are blank. Literally "Press to clone an object" :lol:

Last edited:
Damn.

We received no guidance whatsoever on EventsLab, and I dug as much as I could in the short time we had (also I had COVID last week; I'm not exactly at full operating capacity right now), and simply couldn't find any way into it. I did the whole route creation thing, but couldn't figure out how to place obstacles.

I did get into the "rules of the game", but couldn't even come close to making them work. I couldn't get any apparently valid combintations of Trigger/Conditions/Actions to work, but I did get one to validate despite making no sense and it didn't function anyway.
That sucks you got COVID. Sad to hear that.

From looking at the video, you just need to press the start button but maybe the game was being buggy for you?

This guy seems to be able to create a race, with props, with AI and Custom Rules so it definitely works. Weird.

That sucks you got COVID. Sad to hear that.
It's part of the wonder of having children. About half the group that went on a school trip two weeks back brought it home just in time for the school holiday. I've got past the snot and fever stage, so I'm "better", but I'm now in the fatigued as **** and brain is as sharp as a snooker ball phase. I can stop isolating tomorrow as well (yay).

Forza Horizon 5 2021-11-05 07-47-05.png

I've put 6 hours in. The soul of 2 has finally returned - the map, the lightning, the cars, and the soundtrack work in tandem to create a truly breathtaking experience. The extreme weathers are extreme unlike 3 and 4. I played around with event blueprints and created a race in a storm. It... it does put Storm Island to shame. The storm's savage as - it's so thick that you could barely see ahead and so loud that it pretty much drowns any other sounds. It was a thoroughly intense racing experience that I've been craving since 2.

I'm also finding myself enjoying the story. It's as cheesy as it gets, but Rami turns out to be a lovable amigo. I've always preferred my racing games served with a healthy helping of cheese. So your mileage might vary here.

If any of you are after this beautiful Jag, you could unlock it early if you wish to:

It's indeed a barn find. You can get the rumour by doing the first Horizon Wilds adventure. It's about finding a wild cat in La Selva... guess what's the wild cat is. Be warned, however, that its restoration takes a fair bit of time.

View attachment 1091847

I've put 6 hours in. The soul of 2 has finally returned - the map, the lightning, the cars, and the soundtrack work in tandem to create a truly breathtaking experience. The extreme weathers are extreme unlike 3 and 4. I played around with event blueprints and created a race in a storm. It... it does put Storm Island to shame. The storm's savage as - it's so thick that you could barely see ahead and so loud that it pretty much drowns any other sounds. It was a thoroughly intense racing experience that I've been craving since 2.

I'm also finding myself enjoying the story. It's as cheesy as it gets, but Rami turns out to be a lovable amigo. I've always preferred my racing games served with a healthy helping of cheese. So your mileage might vary here.

If any of you are after this beautiful Jag, you could unlock it early if you wish to:

It's indeed a barn find. You can get the rumour by doing the first Horizon Wilds adventure. It's about finding a wild cat in La Selva... guess what's the wild cat is. Be warned, however, that its restoration takes a fair bit of time.
Can you, by any chance, use Event Lab to create a simple time trial?

Dammit the Forza 5 button still doesn't work yet.

EDIT: It started working at 12:01 on time.

Last edited:
Hey all. Have been playing for a few hours and loving it so far and dam it does look good on a big screen.

This could be a silly question but after ideas for controller layout. Basically using option one but use X/B for gears, RB for e-brake. What I'm stuck on is how can you add the ability to show telemetry etc.. There just doesn't seem to be enough buttons. I have an Elite 2 but you can't change the paddles on the back for "extra buttons". Then if i wanted to use my wheel there's even less. Hope that makes sense.

A question: Has photo mode been returned to the pause menu like in FH1 through 3?

Last edited:
I think I remember all this happening, didn’t some of it trickle to the short lived ForzaPlanet as well? If it’s the debacle I’m thinking of.
I...don't think so, no. By the time FP was up and running (why have you made me sad again?) I'm pretty sure Jube was the new rep. Yeah, it was definitely Jube because I remember getting in touch with him about doing Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car, to which he agreed, and then he...vanished for logistical reasons, no doubt.

So the E36 with wild Time Attack-like widebody, if add that kit to the car, you can a second rear wing to the car. The Chassis mounted wing plus the ’Big Country Labs’ wing is an absolute absurd visual. Surprised some YouTubers haven’t discovered it yet.

Played a bit this morning and a couple of hours tonight.

Best FH since FH2

Question: what's the command to open the roof on convertible cars? (XBOX)
I believe it's the right thumbstick. Or left. One or the other. :lol:

Anyone have an issue with their loyalty reward cars? I played all 7 previous games on my Xbox One family of consoles (OG, X1X or XSX). I only played FH4 recently though but now it seems I only received the McLaren Senna, not the other cars. I mean in the old Forza loyalty system I was rank 12 or so, surely they can use that to log which games I’ve played previously? Or check the achievements or games owned on my account, all these games are digitally owned and tied to my account.

Also, I seem to be getting a ton of disconnect’s (playing in Belgium). Anyone else from mainland Europe got issues with that? I guess this is the first real stress test for their servers?

Anyone have an issue with their loyalty reward cars? I played all 7 previous games on my Xbox One family of consoles (OG, X1X or XSX). I only played FH4 recently though but now it seems I only received the McLaren Senna, not the other cars. I mean in the old Forza loyalty system I was rank 12 or so, surely they can use that to log which games I’ve played previously? Or check the achievements or games owned on my account, all these games are digitally owned and tied to my account.

Also, I seem to be getting a ton of disconnect’s (playing in Belgium). Anyone else from mainland Europe got issues with that? I guess this is the first real stress test for their servers?
Getting disconnected quite often from Italy. But judging by the number of people I see around the Festival when I manage to get into a session, I think this is less of a "stress test" and more of a DDoS. :lol:

VXR
Oh. My. God.

The wheel choices. Knocked it out of the park. We now have rims that actually work with modern cars and sets that people actually fit in the real world on a regular basis.

Thank you, PG. At last.
First thing I did as soon as I was done with the initial kerfuffle: grabbed a NA MX-5, painted it Mariner Blue, fitted some mods, a Garage Vary lip, slammed it and put it on Work Meister CR01s. And shed a single, somewhat-manly tear.

It’s a miracle. After leaving my XBox unplugged for more than twelve hours yesterday, I plugged it in last night in one last desperate hope it would fire up, and it did. I was even able to play the new Rally stage in Wreckfest. It’s clear my XBox is near the end of its life, but at least I can still play it for a month or two while I get my finances in better shape so I can buy a new one.
Awesome! Glad to hear it has risen from the dead. Hope it stays trouble free for a couple of months until you get a new one.

I don't know what's up with the loyalty rewards, but the only car I've got is the Senna for FH4.

All the other qualifying games were played on this gamer tag, but only FH4 was installed to my Series X since I got it.

VXR
I don't know what's up with the loyalty rewards, but the only car I've got is the Senna for FH4.

All the other qualifying games were played on this gamer tag, but only FH4 was installed to my Series X since I got it.
Forza games have always had a bit of a funny history around handing out rewards, but they tend to get delivered eventually. Could just be that the servers being hammered is affecting things in some manner or another.

So apparently some people who bought the premium add-on for the game pass version of the game are having issues with the early access. They can't start the game even though it says on the store page that the early access is included in the add-on.

I'm only starting the game tomorrow so hopefully it's fixed by then.

Back