Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Regarding those loyalty rewards: I also only got the FH4 reward so far, despite FH3 and FM7 also being installed on my Xbox Series X, and having played a bunch more with my gamertag. I seem to recall similar issues with previous Forza's, including one time I had to post a message on the official forums to get it fixed. No big deal.

First impressions are positive, as with everyone else. It drives well, looks great. I am wondering how soon I'll suffer from cactus-overload, but other than that it's all looking good.

And most importantly, after brief use of the Bronco and the welcome pack Evo X, I was quickly able to afford the Bentley Bentayga, which will now be my primary vehicle for most events for the rest of the game. Got to explore Mexico in luxury and style, obviously :D

P.S. Avatar attire so far is rather boring. Lots of T-shirts and jeans in the list, no formal wear. How can I have my avatar showing up in post-race victory scenes next to a Bentayga wearing this stuff? :eek:

Last edited:
I started the game more than 24 hours ago, having it running like 18 hours, and have played only an hour.
The remaining 17 hours have been put in updating Kudosprime FH5 section...
The map (with 250 boards and barns) is complete.
There's still lot of works one the cars, though. So enjoy the game for me :lol:.

Would love to hear how PC players are fairing.
Any performance issues so far? In comparison with FH4?
Works great for me on a R2600 + GTX 1080. Similar performances compared to FH4 (50-60 fps in 4k with game dynamic settings on High)
My only problem is that the game (due to dynamic settings ?) sometimes display bad anisotropic resolution.

1636114023000.png

Me: "You're going to be playing this game for years, so just chill out and don't grind anything"

Also me: Immediately uses the free car token to buy a McLaren F1 GT, burns 100k on tuning it to make it go 285mph and spends at least 2 hours doing nothing but discovering roads and smashing signs

FH5 is basically FH4 but different, but that's fine by me because after however many hundreds of hours my biggest complaint of FH4 was that I'd done everything in it. It runs really well on my GTX 1080, I'm getting 100-144fps at 1440p (and I can't really see the variance thanks to G-Sync) and, yeah, it's all good.

Although I'm disappointed there's still no way to filter/sort cars by tyre and suspension type, with all the options we have now I feel like that's going to get confusing fast.

Regarding those loyalty rewards: I also only got the FH4 reward so far, despite FH3 and FM7 also being installed on my Xbox Series X, and having played a bunch more with my gamertag. I seem to recall similar issues with previous Forza's, including one time I had to post a message on the official forums to get it fixed. No big deal.
I only got the Senna at first as well, but I received the others once I quit and rebooted the game.

The McLaren P1 is still missing though and a lot of people on the official forums are also reporting they haven’t received it yet either.

Last edited:
It's part of the wonder of having children. About half the group that went on a school trip two weeks back brought it home just in time for the school holiday. I've got past the snot and fever stage, so I'm "better", but I'm now in the fatigued as **** and brain is as sharp as a snooker ball phase. I can stop isolating tomorrow as well (yay).
I caught it from my daughter.. she went out with a group of friends from her school and boom, my daughter wife and I had it. The worst part beside the fevers was I couldn’t taste or smell for like a month. I didn't feel human.. hope you feel better!

Had a couple of hours to play this morning before work and all I can say is WOW! A great example of taking everything they've done right in the series and perfecting upon it. Well done

I just want to confirm that I have the rest of my reward cars now. :)
Yeah same for me, first the Senna and then later all the other ones except the P1 for FM5. But it seems that’s normal for now. On the support forum FAQ it says the FM5 reward will come later. 😉

Yeah same for me, first the Senna and then later all the other ones except the P1 for FM5. But it seems that’s normal for now. On the support forum FAQ it says the FM5 reward will come later. 😉
I knew I'd counted that wrong! :lol: thanks for that.

VXR
I have to say, the oversteer model on tarmac is a lot more satisfying now. More heft to it, rather than just a loose sliding sensation.
Absolutely, so much more satisfying, breaks grip much more naturally as well, feel like you can really hustle the cars properly on circuits, very satisfying indeed. And I’ve found the braking to be a lot more satisfying as well, much more weight and feel than in previous Horizons.

I preordered the Premium Edition from Best Buy (gotta use my gift cards sometime), so now I'm just waiting for the email with my code.

This is excruciating...

What about playercount?:cheers:
I took some notes to work on it, but i still need studying this more. My problem is that, after the introduction, the game splits the funneling of players towards the first leaderboard(s). (i'm not even sur that both have LB, since i played only the Vecho one).
All i know is that, so far, at least 295,000 players played the game. Ooops, sorry, that changed to 297,000 ;)

Played the game for an hour. It looks unbelievable! Menus seems snappy and on PC, I don't see frames ever going down from 60. Amazing.

What an amazing game this one is! I don't know what the "it's just FH4 with a coat of new paint" crowd were talking about, but this game is mind blowing in visuals, sound and gameplay! The cars even feel more natural than they did in FH4, because I would sometimes not catch a drift (pun not intended ;)), and you have to break early just to make a corner.

I haven't progressed through the story yet, but so far I love it! The interactions between your character and the main cast is magnificent!! And when they're in the car with you, I'm like "is this NFS or The Crew?" I simply love it! This Horizon I can tell has a lot more character and feels more alive, as well as refreshing from your standard adventures in previous Horizons where you just raced to progressed through the game. Oh, and the accolades is such a fantastic feature, because there is LOTS to do in that. 😀

I also love that making money is a challenge now. I'm more hesitant in spending my cash on upgrades and even buying cars. Gives me something to work towards unlike in FH4. I enjoy taking my rides out just to hear there new engine sounds, and so far, my FE Puma is my stunt vehicle hehehe. 😝

I'm also playing in quality mode and my lord, I'm just speechless. The game is just gorgeous!! Plus the FPS is buttery smooth on the my Series X.

I want to congratulate 🎊 PG for making this fantastic game into a reality, because it is a god send. 🙌 It's going to be one of those games I won't put down, with breaks in between so I don't complete it too quick. I'm taking all my time to admire the new world I get to explore, test out my cars and hearing them roar, and overall just playing the game. I love what PG have done here, and I hope they stick with FH5 for a loooong time. I do not want this artistic piece to go to waste, it's THAT good of a game.👍

Haven't played online yet, but don't have xbox live. So everything you hear from me is all in solo play. This game is 👑 without a doubt, and that 10/10 from IGN is well deserved! 👌 But for me, it's a 20/10 rating. If you love cars or want to get into them, play this game. If you love adventuring or exploration, play this game. If you love both, PLAY, THIS, GAME. I promise you, you won't regret it. 🤩

VXR
I don't know what's up with the loyalty rewards, but the only car I've got is the Senna for FH4.

All the other qualifying games were played on this gamer tag, but only FH4 was installed to my Series X since I got it.
Same problem with me. I'll try again tomorrow after work.

Has anyone here experienced problems with the Premium Add-ons content not working? I'm seeing a lot of complaints on the official forum and I'm 99% sure they are all due to user error, but wanted to check here with a more trustworthy, less whiny, less critical group of loyal Forza folks. LOL.

Day one of FH5 (o Horizon Mexico, you can read it in the banners at the festival site!), too much to unpack!
-I played in the One X and the Series S in the scenery mode. 30 fps don't bother me since my display has almost instant pixel response time and very low input lag. Also, FH games have always had great motion blur effect.

-I did try the 60 fps mode, but honestly, in the 4K telly I did notice the level of detail and picture quality going down. I will try it later on a 1080p gaming monitor. I think that mode will look the best there.

-I can tell you that the image really pops in the One X, as the Series S looks a bit muted (more so with Dolby Vision, so I switched to regular HDR), however the loading times in the One X kill the momentum of the opening cinematics, while in the Series S is smooth all the way through. Also, the One X will stutter here and there, specially in the cutscenes.

-Sound department: Using headphones, the default sound mix is perfect for me. I tried the one focused in car sound, but the music in the background gets annoying, so If you only care about car sounds, your best bet is just muting the radio. Also, Levitating is the best FH song ever, change my mind.

-Level of detail: I can tell you that it is at the Coco movie level. These truly are little Mexican roads, towns and villages, and I haven't been in Guanajuato yet!

I will get back to the game later tonight. All I can say is that I'm grateful with PG and the Xbox management for the care and respect and love they are showing for my country, so yeah, hereinafter, I name you all honorary Mexicans (all Mexicans have that power, didn't you know? :D.) And for all of you, Welcome to Mexico!

Last edited:
So played last night for 2 hours between midnight and 2am (UK time) like I said, Glorious looking game, Done few bit and pieces such as races, speed zones and done the Apex expedition, got about 15 cars and around half a mill credits.

Game did crash on me though, and I'm playing on a Series X that's only 7 months old.

Yikes. Hopefully this won't be a regular occurrence.

Has anyone here experienced problems with the Premium Add-ons content not working? I'm seeing a lot of complaints on the official forum and I'm 99% sure they are all due to user error, but wanted to check here with a more trustworthy, less whiny, less critical group of loyal Forza folks. LOL.
Yeah, it turns out that a lot of those who decided to make a quick trip to New Zealand seem to be having issues. :lol:

Yikes. Hopefully this won't be a regular occurrence.
I have had some odd post-race behaviour from it - one event I got spawned literally halfway up the volcano in the dirt between two of the roads.

The worst bit of graphical glitching I encountered was at the dirt racing series event around Ek'Balam. I get it every race, even in completely separate game sessions with the console fully powered down for a few hours between. If anyone fancies confirming it's not just me by going to do the race themselves, feel free.

Game did crash on me though, and I'm playing on a Series X that's only 7 months old.
I've had a couple, one during the opening sequence (just as the cutscene at the end of the Corvette part starts), on a Series X I bought three Saturdays back.

Same problem with me. I'll try again tomorrow after work.
Initially it only gave me the Senna but after about an hour I hit pause and the rest just popped up. Try going in to the Accolades menu and see if it triggers anything.
Zero problems for me with the premium add ons, activated at midnight as expected and all the content I expected was there, car voucher, clothes vouchers, wheelspins and the 3 car packs.

I didn’t have any issues, BUT I did have to manually add most them to my garage like all the formula drift for example from the car pass/ ad-ons section. Took me a few minutes to figure out. I can’t remember if FH4 automatically added them or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, it turns out that a lot of those who decided to make a quick trip to New Zealand seem to be having issues. :lol:

Zero problems for me with the premium add ons, activated at midnight as expected and all the content I expected was there, car voucher, clothes vouchers, wheelspins and the 3 car packs.
Yeah, I figured it either had something to do with people breaking rules, not buying what they thought they did, or their payment getting rejected.

Last edited:
On the One X, the first time I booted the game the A button didn't work, so I could not start the game proper. I turned the controller off and on and then it worked.
I've had no major glitches yet, but I'm just about 1 hour into the game.

Back