Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
First impressions (PC, extra/ultra settings 30fps on a HDR LCD TV) : most beautiful car game I've ever seen. I'm eager to see the next project of Playground Games, probably one of the best studio in the industry. Everything looks gorgeous. And for some reasons, the map looks better than some cars IMO. (This looks so much better at the moment than GT7, how am I supposed to be impressed by tracks like Alsace after months of FH5...)
That said, I think the FH formula should change. I know what to expect, it's a great game but it feels the same game after game.
And another point, there are too many things to do. I'm simply lost :lol: In terms of game design, they should explain things better and introduce new features at a slower pace.
I won't speak about my bugs (mostly freezing and disconnection).
I think with the samey feeling, I don't really think that's PGs fault. They're hamstrung by not being able to use the new tech Turn 10 are developing for the next Motorsport entry and by that end, having to develop cross gen. I think when they can unleash solely on next gen with new tech and engines, we'll get a big shake up in gameplay format, and probably the oft requested Japan map which I personally think they're holding back on doing until the technology can match the ambition that map will need to satisfy the expectation.

For now though, this is still comfortably on its way to replacing FH3 as my favorite Forza title. Can't wait to get back home and jump in again.

The Forzathon shop will open once we get synchronized with the regular launch on the 9th. I don't lack cars, I think I already have 16 and I haven't done much!

Anyone found out if there's cars hidden through the skill point trees like in FH4?
kinda curious about that too. maybe the amg one fe edition is. dont know how to unlock it because its not showing up in car collection. but it still shows up in promo.

The Forzathon shop will open once we get synchronized with the regular launch on the 9th. I don't lack cars, I think I already have 16 and I haven't done much!
I think I'm at 31 last time Iooked.

I see some people criticising the nature if the cars we get to start with and gifted, lots of hypercars and what people would historically think of as endgame cars but I don't think Horizon is meant to be played that way. It's very much about letting us use what we want, when we want, which I love. Especially as the AI matches what you use, very underrated feature.

So I've been watching a bunch of gameplay footage on youtube and one thing that keeps standing out is that every car sounds like it has a sequential gearbox stock. The shifts have the characteristic shunt sound and there is audible gear whine. Every in-car view I can find, the stock cars also have a surprising amount of reverb, like the interior is stripped out. For those with the game is this true of all the stock cars?
I think with the samey feeling, I don't really think that's PGs fault. They're hamstrung by not being able to use the new tech Turn 10 are developing for the next Motorsport entry and by that end, having to develop cross gen. I think when they can unleash solely on next gen with new tech and engines, we'll get a big shake up in gameplay format, and probably the oft requested Japan map which I personally think they're holding back on doing until the technology can match the ambition that map will need to satisfy the expectation.

For now though, this is still comfortably on its way to replacing FH3 as my favorite Forza title. Can't wait to get back home and jump in again.
With multiple outlets calling the game a masterpiece and rating it 10/10 there is no chance that Microsoft will sign off on changing the formula any time soon. This franchise is a massive cash cow and console seller - whatever creative freedom PG might have had back during FH1 development is probably gone. They are going to keep stamping out copies of the tried & trued FH formula for probably the next decade, complete with FM1-era assets and spinning cube maps on the dials. We'll undoubtedly get continued evolutionary updates (like ray tracing) in some capacity, but the fundamentals are not gonna change.

The shifts have the characteristic shunt sound and there is audible gear whine.
I dont have any answers as I'm not playing till Tuesday, but I could have sworn I saw someone post that gear whine has an audio adjustment in the options? Can't find it for the life of me though.

This has been a lot of fun so far! I went completely nuts in the Ford Puma just tearing up the countryside during a skill song and nabbed a 250,000 + Skill score! It would have been more but I nosed into the ground and blew what I had stashed and had to start over. Next I did a dirt race called Mulege Town Scramble. I really liked this track, lots of fun! The world seems a bit more 'open' than it was in Scotland. Not as many 'barriers'. So much to explore, unlock and find out. One thing of note, I did a Forzathon Speed Trap, achieved the goal, but it denied me saying I didn't do it in the 'right car' , (Audi S2 998) but I did it in the Ford Puma (S1 900) , Pssh, whatever!

I dont have any answers as I'm not playing till Tuesday, but I could have sworn I saw someone post that gear whine has an audio adjustment in the options? Can't find it for the life of me though.
Thank god, I really thought my memory was playing tricks on me. Because I remember having seen that too. I think it was one of the videos on youtube, probably a month ago or so. It was said that in FH5 we can adjust the levels of exhaust, engine, gear whine etc. each individually to everyone's taste.

Anyone else getting the main screen being completely unresponsive?? How do I fix this??

Edit: Restarting my console fixed it

Last edited:
Thank god, I really thought my memory was playing tricks on me. Because I remember having seen that too. I think it was one of the videos on youtube, probably a month ago or so. It was said that in FH5 we can adjust the levels of exhaust, engine, gear whine etc. each individually to everyone's taste.
Maybe we're both crazy?! :odd: Hopefully not, though.

I only got the Senna at first as well, but I received the others once I quit and rebooted the game.

The McLaren P1 is still missing though and a lot of people on the official forums are also reporting they haven’t received it yet either.
Both are known issues though only the P1 is listed in the Loyalty Rewards FAQ on Forza Support.
Some Senna-only players report receiving the other cars when they rebooted.

When you got your Loyalty Rewards pop-up, did it just list the Senna, or all the ones you should have gotten? If it only listed the Senna, could you confirm that it's not just a display issue and your garage doesn't have the other cars in it?

You can click on each car in the Car Collection menu and see which ones are available from each type of source, including Car Mastery.

I've been responding to community reports all day, and my number one piece of advice after Update your device/apps/drivers and reboot is Please go read Forza Support. A bunch of these issues have workarounds (disable AV and run Admin mode) and basic knowledge issues (check your Region; restart Steam; Game Pass does not include Early Access; proceed with gameplay to access features). We do have a long Known Issues list but these are being worked on.

Please use the link at the bottom of any article to Submit a Ticket so the team can add your info to the data pool and figure these things out. I'd appreciate it if everyone could disseminate this info far and wide - we do want to make sure everyone has the best experience possible, as soon as possible!

Meanwhile, check out how well FH5 is optimized:

The only thing I've had happen that was close to a crash was the game freeze while I was on the freeway. The road dropped out and I was frozen in midair. I could access the mini-map and the regular menu. I finally pulled up the map and fast traveled to a nearby location, and everything went back to normal.

Last edited:
New bug: when I engage photomode, the car... keeps going forward and into a ditch somewhere. :lol:

That didn't happen before...
Yep, I had this too for about 3 minutes and then it went back to normal. It went between controlling like drone mode and the car got further away or the car disappeared entirely. Shortly after, I got a server error and had to go into Solo.

The only hiccup I encountered so far was a "slow down" when the game was loading up other players in Freeroam.

Also, the AI is a lot harder this time. I tried Highly Skilled, which is what I had for 4, and first place was out of sight!

Maybe we're both crazy?! :odd: Hopefully not, though.
I haven’t seen any options to adjust different sounds of the car. Just a single car volume. I have been fairly disappointed with the sound mixing so far. I feel like the car is very quiet outside the car and the sound effects overpower everything, like crashes and bumps and running in to trees, etc… And when you are in a sandstorm all you can hear is whoosh. The car sounds are barely audible. I’ve turned the sound effects way down, but then you can’t hear the other cars. I haven’t been able to find a mix I like yet. The cars sound great and much more authentic, but the overall mixing is just bad. Not sure how they thought it was mixed well. Maybe I need to take it off home cinema mode or something. I’m playing on a series x with a pretty nice 7.1 surround system.

I've been quite lucky so far. The only bugs or glitches I've found so far is not receiving the McLaren P1,having played FM5,as has been said, getting reset on the rocks by the volcano and that Delorean in the Car Collection section has the Citroen logo instead of the Delorean one.

Currently have 33 cars, I got the Merc AMG One with the 1 time use free voucher and the only car I've bought outright so far is the Hoonigan RS200. Just need to find out what cars will come in handy for the Festival Playlist events. Must say I'm really enjoying it so far and looks stunning on my Xbox Series S.

Last edited:
Back