Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
On the One X, the first time I booted the game the A button didn't work, so I could not start the game proper. I turned the controller off and on and then it worked.
I've had no major glitches yet, but I'm just about 1 hour into the game.
This was actually in the review guide I received as a possible bug - "Occasionally on first load, the 'Press A to Start' screen can be unresponsive for ~20 seconds".

Mine keeps crashing when trying to launch. Gets to the first PG splash screen then it crashes back to desktop. I've disabled all the possible software on the list, disabled antivirus and firewall, ran in Admin mode and nothing has worked. I even updated the graphic drivers for my RTX 2060.

Disappointed.

Absolutely, so much more satisfying, breaks grip much more naturally as well, feel like you can really hustle the cars properly on circuits, very satisfying indeed. And I’ve found the braking to be a lot more satisfying as well, much more weight and feel than in previous Horizons.
The entire physics model feels like it’s been completely overhauled, it’s got a new learning curve but it feels soo much better. The understeer on dry tarmac, the possibility to slide out of control in corners on the wet (kinda oversteer-ish). The more gradual braking is great as well. Add on top of that FINALLY a proper sound effect for tires sliding over tarmac and of course the big engine sound overhaul. You have one very happy car enthousiast and gamer on this side. And very tired as well as I played until 6 AM and only slept for 2 hours. 🥱😅

So I’ve put over 9 hours into the game already. I got lucky with having 3 days off to coincide with the Premium editions release date. Anyway, I’ve reached the Hall Of Fame, Won/3 starred all the finales and completed this weeks festival playlist to earn all rewards. Own around 70 cars, only 1 of which I’ve purchased myself and that was only to get the achievement lol. Have around 6mil in the bank, spent over a mil upgrading cars and have span many wheel spins, to which, those seem far better this game than they were in FH4.

This is on Xbox One and the amount of times the game has crashed and threw me back to the Home Screen is crazy tbh. Servers were fine yesterday but today are constantly disconnecting me and there’s an absolute abundance of audio glitches. One point I’d reloaded the game and the sound cut out whilst I ate, I’d only been sat in the garage lol. Had to restart again!

Overall I like the game. I felt FH4 was soulless and I barely played it tbh, which was a shame because I loved all the UK orientated cars they added and I hope majority of those return throughout FH5s lifecycle.

When FH5 works as it should it plays well, there’s a great sense of achievement with the accolade system. The well varied map districts are great too, which I can say made the finale events quite pleasurable but still ****ing irritating at times what with the super ai this game seems to have.

It’s been years since I ‘no lifed’ a video game but I’ve still got plenty to keep me occupied, eagerly awaiting to open the forzathan shop to get this XJ220 TWR. And on the subject of cars, I take it no Lancias? And no Audi Quattro S1 Group B? Shame if so.

Code emailed from Best Buy about an hour ago. I'm currently at work, but once home, it's time to explore Mexico!

Plus I've taken the next week off from work. 😁

Out of curiosity, is there some sort of setting that turns off AI traffic or an update coming? I've watched 3-4 streamers playing with early access codes & getting it today; they've all barely encountered any AI traffic. Makes some of the areas look lifeless, so I'm hoping there's a setting or something they've disabled/missing.

quick question. for forzathon when u do the playground games do u get the reward just for completing them not finishing first?

The only noticable error for me was having to trigger a barn find twice,but it worked the 2nd time so,no matter.

Out of curiosity, is there some sort of setting that turns off AI traffic or an update coming? I've watched 3-4 streamers playing with early access codes & getting it today; they've all barely encountered any AI traffic. Makes some of the areas look lifeless, so I'm hoping there's a setting or something they've disabled/missing.
I think it's a bit random. I want to say it's based on the games' time of day, and probably something server side.

Also, I honestly can't be bothered to take a screenshot of it at the moment, but under the Festival Playlist tab, the icon for the Forzathon Shop is once again the old picture of the TWR XJ220S. The store still gives an error when trying to enter it, but maybe the XJ220S is one of the shop cars?

I noticed that initially, then realised I was online and the connection was dropping (rural Wi-Fi) so switched to Horizon Solo and there was more traffic on the road. So I don’t know if it’s an online thing where there less or not but I noticed more traffic offline.

The only noticable error for me was having to trigger a barn find twice,but it worked the 2nd time so,no matter.
In all honestly I did see a decent amount of bugs on my XSX as well, nothing ground braking at all, but it’s the buggiest Forza game release from my perspective:

• tons of disconnects from the game server, like literally every 5-10 minutes. I gave up for now and play Horizon solo
  • Forzathon shop gives an error
  • graphical glitches
  • my car on the gran caldera expedition almost being flipped over suddenly when there is no obstacle I was driving over
  • lighting glitches
  • one time I was driving a car from the living desert into the main festival and when I entered the festival my car dead stopped in the middle of the road
  • the route tracker (gps in the game) occasionally taking not the shortest route (and its not due to one way traffic, I checked)

i took screenshots and videos of all the issues I encountered, not sure how I should report those to PG. they can be found here:

(5 clips and 2 screenshots of bugs). That screenshot other than Forzathon shop down is one of the weird gps routes

I'm staying over here, lol. Official forums is nothing but a bunch of whiners. Seems like nothing is great about it over there, people complaining about missing content, physics, etc...
Those types of people need to stop playing Forza if they are never going to be satisfied or happy. It's also why I will never take anything they say with consideration, because they'll just cry about it in the next entry of the franchise like they are now over there. It's sad, yet pathetic that those kind of people still exists within the community.

I know it's stressful, but don't let those folks affect you. The game is as brilliant as is, with more content and possibly new features coming our way throughout FH5's life. :)

Those types of people need to stop playing Forza if they are never going to be satisfied or happy. It's also why I will never take anything they say with consideration, because they'll just cry about it in the next entry of the franchise like they are now over there. It's sad, yet pathetic that those kind of people still exists within the community.

I know it's stressful, but don't let those folks affect you. The game is as brilliant as is, with more content and possibly new features coming our way throughout FH5's life. :)
That's why I'm staying over here, I don't need the negativity. Most of the whining usually results in an argument and then that person saying they 'don't really care.'...ugh...

In all honestly I did see a decent amount of bugs on my XSX as well, nothing ground braking at all, but it’s the buggiest Forza game release from my perspective:

• tons of disconnects from the game server, like literally every 5-10 minutes. I gave up for now and play Horizon solo
  • Forzathon shop gives an error
  • graphical glitches
  • my car on the gran caldera expedition almost being flipped over suddenly when there is no obstacle I was driving over
  • lighting glitches
  • one time I was driving a car from the living desert into the main festival and when I entered the festival my car dead stopped in the middle of the road
  • the route tracker (gps in the game) occasionally taking not the shortest route (and its not due to one way traffic, I checked)

i took screenshots and videos of all the issues I encountered, not sure how I should report those to PG. they can be found here:

(5 clips and 2 screenshots of bugs). That screenshot other than Forzathon shop down is one of the weird gps routes
Ah yes,had the forzathon shop error too but I figured that would be closed until the 9th anyway.

First impressions (PC, extra/ultra settings 30fps on a HDR LCD TV) : most beautiful car game I've ever seen. I'm eager to see the next project of Playground Games, probably one of the best studio in the industry. Everything looks gorgeous. And for some reasons, the map looks better than some cars IMO. (This looks so much better at the moment than GT7, how am I supposed to be impressed by tracks like Alsace after months of FH5...)
That said, I think the FH formula should change. I know what to expect, it's a great game but it feels the same game after game.
And another point, there are too many things to do. I'm simply lost :lol: In terms of game design, they should explain things better and introduce new features at a slower pace.
I won't speak about my bugs (mostly freezing and disconnection).

Back