Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,904 comments
From the videos what I noticed is that when the game is in motion, yes the difference is visible, but it's not that big of a difference like we're used to from one generation to another (this isn't exclusive to FH5 though). It reminded me of the difference between the GTA V vanilla and the upgraded one. Which is good for people who are still in the past generation.

From the videos what I noticed is that when the game is in motion, yes the difference is visible, but it's not that big of a difference like we're used to from one generation to another (this isn't exclusive to FH5 though). It reminded me of the difference between the GTA V vanilla and the upgraded one. Which is good for people who are still in the past generation.
GameRiot started playing on the previous gen Xbox console. Still does look amazing indeed.

Ill be playing on XSX in quality mode (and my TV in movie mode) in exactly 12 hours (European CET). I want all the visual goodies I can get for my first impression. Might switch to performance mode and TV in gaming mode after a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Why no? It's a Discord moderator. Anyone can be assigned that role, no different than the moderators on FM.net. One of whom I've legitimately argued with for being grossly incorrect. About what, I don't remember (it was during the FM3 days, maybe?) but my point being is unless it's an official moderator from Microsoft/Turn 10 or Playground their word doesn't carry much weight.
Arguing with a Forza community staff member? During the FM3 days?

Must've been ol' Che. :P

My watch ends in less than 12 hours, so...

Damon-Hill-Williams-FW15C-1993.jpg

Why no? It's a Discord moderator. Anyone can be assigned that role, no different than the moderators on FM.net. One of whom I've legitimately argued with for being grossly incorrect. About what, I don't remember (it was during the FM3 days, maybe?) but my point being is unless it's an official moderator from Microsoft/Turn 10 or Playground their word doesn't carry much weight.

As for asking MS Support, I think that's a gimme to be honest. Playing it safe is one thing but I wouldn't take that as gospel. Now if an official T10 rep dropped by and said "Don't do that", that's ironclad. :lol:

There are some things relative to consoles that will result in a ban so that's a riskier route.
As someone who used to moderate their Discord, I will agree with you in not trusting people who moderate their Discord. We rarely got advance word of things and the place is run even worse nowadays.

Wow, Xbox One looks really nice.

Playground Games truly are a talented bunch. This is what you call AAA.
Not only that. They're also kings of the arcade racing genre as well. It is truly a blessing PG exists within the xbox brand, and if this is their effort, imagine the new Fable now. 👍 Lol to all the people who claimed FH5 will be just be another FH4. HA!

Still no Event Lab overview:grumpy:
There is a tiny little bit about Event Lab in this review. You can see that you can apply rules to events now. Also an interesting review by the way, it’s not a racing gamer but he does mention a lot of very valid points (all good points). Clever guy for pointing out those things.

Another comparison video, this time between 2nd/3rd generation consoles and PC.

Super happy to see this. A couple of my friends are still on the One X, which looks surprisingly good.

I have to give PG kudos for this, because they could have just shot for "as good as Horizon 4" but they still went out of their way to wring every last drop of potential from the Xbox One and One X.

VXR
Hey, wait a minute. A Bone Shaker Monster Truck?!

What a hoot this will be.
My understanding is the Bone Shaker Monster Truck is not a playable vehicle, but is exclusive to a Showcase, but I hope that isn't the case.

Once I get up to speed (At Midnight:ouch:), I plan on doing a little write up series on here every now and then on the newer cars and the returning cars, what they have, how they sound and what they can do.

Probably keep it in here for everyone’s benefit and title them as “Vic Checks Out..” or something like that. ;)

I’ll point out what performance/engine swap upgrades there is, tyre options, Gearbox options and aero/wide body kits too.

Hell I might just include a random thing of just seeing how light you can make one car and ignoring if it’s practical or not. :lol:

And because we have two proper race tracks with the main and the baja festival sites, I’ll test the cars stock on both of them to see how they stack up.

Or if there’s a event going up or down the Volcano I might add that too. :P

Last edited:
I'm in a chat with some that already play the game. It's a spoiler free chat so I don't mind. One thing that I'm excited is the AI improvement. Apparently the Expert is now FH4 Unbeatable. You don't just pass everyone in the first 20m and Unbeatable is really impossible to beat.... The Trial is gonna be fun.
Things that I don't like to hear... The map is designed mainly for fast driving. Like the first Showcase is full throttle with zero breaking and few turns.

Back