Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
Hiding the XP and Fast Travel boards in naff places is one of my pet peeves since the first game. If the reward was at least worth the amount of time and effort some of them require, it could be worth it. As it is I'm struggling to get the point of wasting time on 5000xp boards when I can do a 2 minute sprint race and receive more that way. Like that one on the electrical pole, why not make it say, 50000xp so you at least have an incentive to go and grab it aside from the completionist aspect?

Don't know if this is the issue, but Quick Resume on the Series consoles may have something to do with that. I don't think it handles online-focused games that well.

I got Castillo on early access weekend already. It’s always worth it and should be a prio. Over a year span you get 365 wheelspins, that results netto in far more than 5 mill CR.

Not sure if I’ve gotten my wheelspins from it daily, I’ve seen the pop-up message a few times but might have just missed it the other days. And with the hours I put in the game daily, a wheelspin more or less isn’t going to make a big difference right now.

If it’s not working (like quick resume maybe, that’s a good point), I’m sure the devs will fix it.

4d7be801-b88b-4d28-8cdc-380c5b3b3e09.png

I hope whoever gets this car enjoys it and takes advantage of the super and standard wheelspins this car has.

The game says i bought 26 cars from the Autoshow, but i think i bought like... 3 to 5, maybe. Does anyone feel the same about this Accolade stat? I tried to buy from Auction, but it doesn't increment this count, so i don't know.
Willy's.... Case closed.

BTW, this set of Accolade is ridiculous, because it goes against the game flow. Does the devs expect players to spend hours just buying cars they don't need since they won them through wheelspins?

Willy's.... Case closed.

BTW, this set of Accolade is ridiculous, because it goes against the game flow. Does the devs expect players to spend hours just buying cars they don't need since they won them through wheelspins?
The strategy I’ve been following is to sort all autoshow/wheelspin cars in my spreadsheet from cheapest to most expensive and start buying them in that order as soon as possible. The wheelspins have a dupe protection per category of cars (common, rare, etc) until a certain point. It’s also a nice way to “force” the wheelspin mechanic to give you those exclusive season/wheelspin or accolade/wheelspin cars. 😁 And as soon as you can start getting dupes in wheelspins, at least you can sell them immediately for 50% value (or gift them immediately).

Still, that’s not even getting you close to 400 cars. But it’s a start. I’m at 262/400 now for that accolade and right now I can’t be bothered with it since I already got the D-Type from a wheelspin. Each week I’ll buy 1 car pass car from the autoshow and if in the future I get bored then I will spend an hour or so going through the autoshow ui to slowly buy another 100 cars or so.

Listen to this and enjoy a heaping helping of my own hubris.

I took care of the seasonal Playground Games tonight. The only car I had eligible for it was the Hoonigan Bel Air. The problem is it was stock. Still, we didn’t do too bad. We won in three straight. In Zombies, I infected a couple of the other players and when we switched sides, I stayed uninflected for the length of the game. I even healed a couple team mates. I had the longest time as King of any player in either team. In Flag Rush I denied several flags, and scored a few of my own, including the game winner.

So you’d think I would be satisfied with my performance, right? Not even close. Even though I was a contributor to our team’s win, I still felt like I had stumbled backwards into it. I wanted to take that Tri-Five Chevy and make a proper desert sled out of it. I spent an hour upgrading it with 4WD, really suspension, off-road tires, all the bits and bobs to turn it up to 11. Or at least B700. I even gave it a bit of a spray job to make it stand out. Now I had a proper car. Now I could really show what I can do.

I re-entered the Playground Games. And lost three games straight. I barely contributed. Despite the objectively better car, it was a colossal failure. Lesson: take your sloppy wins and be thankful for them.

Last edited:
I love online in FH5 despite all the bugs. Eliminator is my favourite since you really use the entire map to play it and I love Mexico. And there's a luck factor that compensate for difference in skills. Anyway since I'm playing it a lot the Accolades come pretty fast. That was the case before attempting the Heads up challenge. That one took several times to complete. Thank god most of players are more aggressive than in FH4 at start so build up your car is not that difficult. Now I'm thinking of trying to win in a Vocho... but I doubt it will work... Specially since there are always lv10 cars in the last race.
FEqrcrAXsAM50fQ

I wonder why we are still limited to banking 10 skill points (500k score) at a time. Especially since, in this game, there is an accolade that requires banking 1 million. Why not raise the cap to that at least?
There is an accolade for 2 mill as well. And one to loose a skill chain that would be over 1 mill. :)

If you have the Pontiac Firebird FE, I have a tune shared for skill point farming. Can’t see the sharecode now but if you look for creator Breyzipp under the Firebird FE you should be able to find it

If you have the Pontiac Firebird FE, I have a tune shared for skill point farming. Can’t see the sharecode now but if you look for creator Breyzipp under the Firebird FE you should be able to find it
I didn't try (get) the Firebird FE yet, but my all-around car (it suits to almost every outdoor event) is so far also my best skill-car:
Not FE, but see that Skill Tree?

Edit: that preview pulled by GTP from K' after i just pasted the car URL is so neat :bowdown::gtplanet:

Last edited:
So I have a fairly big list of upcoming cars that I was aware of, I was trying to keep them quiet in hopes that their sources won't be cleansed from the game, but I found out this morning that they're starting to spread anyway.

Since people will find them sooner or later, may as well post here.

Thumbnail_3415_Big.png
Thumbnail_3226_Big.png
Thumbnail_3252_Big.png
Thumbnail_3286_Big.png
Thumbnail_3288_Big.png
Thumbnail_3289_Big.png
Thumbnail_3293_Big.png
Thumbnail_3312_Big.png

Also in the files are pretty much every single car that ever made it to FH4, but those probably don't need repeating - these are all new.

Last edited:
Hiding the XP and Fast Travel boards in naff places is one of my pet peeves since the first game. If the reward was at least worth the amount of time and effort some of them require, it could be worth it. As it is I'm struggling to get the point of wasting time on 5000xp boards when I can do a 2 minute sprint race and receive more that way. Like that one on the electrical pole, why not make it say, 50000xp so you at least have an incentive to go and grab it aside from the completionist aspect?
This map makes it a bit easier: https://swissgameguides.app/maps/forza_horizon_5/mexico

So I have a fairly big list of upcoming cars that I was aware of, I was trying to keep them quiet in hopes that their sources won't be cleansed from the game, but I found out this morning that they're starting to spread anyway.

Also in the files are pretty much every single car that ever made it to FH4, but those probably don't need repeating - these are all new.
And some 360-era potential returners (they have thumbnails in FH5 style at least):
Thumbnail_281_Big.png
Thumbnail_1474_Big.png
Thumbnail_1443_Big.png
Thumbnail_1420_Big.png
Thumbnail_1338_Big.png
Thumbnail_1331_Big.png
Thumbnail_1283_Big.png
Thumbnail_1234_Big.png
Thumbnail_1189_Big.png
Thumbnail_1117_Big.png
Thumbnail_349_Big.png
Thumbnail_319_Big.png
Thumbnail_295_Big.png

FINALLY A NEW AUDI!! We hadn't had a new Audi production car since the 2016 R8 V10 plus in Forza Motorsport 6!

Listen to this and enjoy a heaping helping of my own hubris.

I took care of the seasonal Playground Games tonight. The only car I had eligible for it was the Hoonigan Bel Air. The problem is it was stock. Still, we didn’t do too bad. We won in three straight. In Zombies, I infected a couple of the other players and when we switched sides, I stayed uninflected for the length of the game. I even healed a couple team mates. I had the longest time as King of any player in either team. In Flag Rush I denied several flags, and scored a few of my own, including the game winner.

So you’d think I would be satisfied with my performance, right? Not even close. Even though I was a contributor to our team’s win, I still felt like I had stumbled backwards into it. I wanted to take that Tri-Five Chevy and make a proper desert sled out of it. I spent an hour upgrading it with 4WD, really suspension, off-road tires, all the bits and bobs to turn it up to 11. Or at least B700. I even gave it a bit of a spray job to make it stand out. Now I had a proper car. Now I could really show what I can do.

I re-entered the Playground Games. And lost three games straight. I barely contributed. Despite the objectively better car, it was a colossal failure. Lesson: take your sloppy wins and be thankful for them.
Playground Games really comes down to what the lobby settings are. If it's an open setting where people can pick whatever, then you're going to see a lot more disparity and cars that aren't suitable for the environment they're put in, and that can be used to your advantage quite easily. If it's one where everyone is put in a narrow band of choices, it's a lot harder because all of the available cars are similar in performance. And if you get a lobby where everyone is forced to use the same car, you may as well leave because it's going to be a boring slog no matter what.

Also, I've noticed that the default settings for offroad parts are pretty awful. The tires have their pressures all the way to the minimum, springs are raised too high and made extra soft with high bump/rebound, the diffs are almost completely open and swaybars are made of string cheese, and all of that together might be fine for a rock crawler that's never going to go fast, but for Forza it's just making a floaty-boat that can't turn. Things really need to be adjusted on a per-car basis, especially with something like the Tri-5 that's a heavily modified drag racing car and has weird characteristics to begin with.

The CRX Del Sol's coming back???

Hmm... a road-legal 962? Schuppan 962CR?

How many of these are in the car pass?

A Lot of cars i wanted in my wishlist. That Schuppan it's Unexpected O_O

About hotel Castilo... I haven't been consistently getting my daily wheelspins from it. I've gotten two and I bought it last week.. Has anyone else got this issue? For me, at least, buying the hotel has indeed been a waste of 5 mil.
Same here.

1966 Jaguar XJ13
2016 Ferrari J50
1949 Hot Wheels Ford F-5 Dually Custom
2018 Audi TT RS Coupe
1992 Porsche Schuppan 962CR
2019 Lamborghini Aventador LP 770-4 SVJ
1994 Jaguar XJ220S TWR
2019 Ferrari Monza SP2

The Hot Wheels Ford Dually there isn't new to the series though. But with the Porsche Schuppan 962CR, we can recreate the Rivelta Crinale from Ridge Racer V (finally!)

But... give me the original 2005 Lamborghini Murcielago and I will be the happiest man in the world (probably).

Last edited:
But you need to be able to cope with such outcome.
Ouch! That must hurt. It's also... funny.

For those that are missing the steal the crown challenge for Games. In Open you can do the Playground Games not as a team but solo. I got mine stealing the crown in solo. Solo PG is also super fun. And hard to.

For anyone struggling with the seasonal danger sign. I have an offroad diesel swapped Charger on my storefront.

P.S. I'm always looking for feedback on my tunes and such.

Back