Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
Not so pro-tip: Putting the offroad tires on the 2016 Focus RS drops it in B-Class, making the Trial a bit easier this week.

Turns out I have missed some more cars in the wheel texture files. Here they are:

• 2010 Aston Martin V12 Vantage (ast_v12vantage_10)
  • 1950 Mercury Custom Coupe Barrett Jackson (mrc_customcoupebj_50)
  • 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII Fast & Furious (mit_lancerevoff_02)
  • 1970 Plymouth #48 Barracuda Barrett Jackson (ply_48_barracudabj_70)
  • 2014 Renault #2 Lantern Racing Truck (ren_2_lantern_14)

I've also found the following in the badge files:
  • Ferrari F8 Tributo
  • Tesla Model S (leftover for sure)
  • Weissach RS

Lastly, the Suspension files provide a lot of interesting Motorsport-only cars (mostly CART/USAC/Indycars) that are being researched on ever since FM5's development that could come to the next Motorsport game:
  • 1976 Tyrrell P34
  • 2013 Renault Formula 2.0
  • 2013 Renault Formula 3.5
  • 2013 Renault Formula 1.6
  • 2013 Volkswagen F3
  • 2007 Dallara IR05 Honda
  • 1988 Penske PC17 Chevrolet
  • 1974 Mclaren M16C
  • 2013 Mercedes Benz C-Class DTM
  • 2013 Audi RS5 DTM
  • 1994 Penske PC23 Mercedes
  • 2013 Renault GP2
  • 2011 Volkswagen Race Touareg
  • 2013 Renault #3 Racing Truck
  • 2012 Nissan Deltawing

Last edited:
Turns out I have missed some more cars in the wheel texture files. Here they are:
  • 1970 Plymouth #48 Barracuda Barrett Jackson (ply_48_barracudabj_70)

23076_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

I'm normally not that excited for race cars coming to Horizon, but as a big fan of the 'Cuda I'm excited for that (and hopefully that means it will make it to FM8 as well). Here's to hoping it's a playlist car though.

• 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII Offroad (mit_lancerevoff_02)

could this be LANCER EVO FF instead of offroad?
    or is evo offroad and actual car?

is the Model S the one from fh3 or a newer one?
    Also what is a weissach RS? (a kit for a porsche or a full on car)
Oh... right. Good eye. The F&F cars from FM6 and maybe FH2 are in the files too.

Not sure about the badge. It could be the Model S or the P90 Model S. The Weissach parts are prolly a kit.

Based on what I've found, could we be getting another Barrett-Jackson Pack? Here are the Barrett-Jackson cars that are New-to-Forza:
  • 1969 #3 AMC Javelin TA
  • 1939 Chevrolet C1500 'Brass Monkey'
  • 1950 Mercury Custom Coupe
  • 1970 Plymouth Barracuda TA
From the Barn Finds Admeister leaked, it is possible that the 288 GTO Evoluzione may be an Expansion barn find, as the Hurst buggy and the Fiat Beast of Turin are marked as gift cars IIRC

Last edited:
Oh... right. Good eye. The F&F cars from FM6 and maybe FH2 are in the files too.

Not sure about the badge. It could be the Model S or the P90 Model S. The Weissach parts are prolly a kit.

Based on what I've found, could we be getting another Barrett-Jackson Pack? Here are the Barrett-Jackson cars that are New-to-Forza:
  • 1969 #3 AMC Javelin TA
  • 1938 Chevrolet C1500
  • 1950 Mercury Custom Coupe
  • 1970 Plymouth Barracuda TA
From the Barn Finds Admeister leaked, it is possible that the 288 GTO Evoluzione may be an Expansion barn find, as the Hurst buggy and the Fiat Beast of Turin are marked as gift cars IIRC
The only Barrett-Jackson vehicle that matches the name "1938 Chevrolet C1500" is a restored flatbed truck, which seems like a strange vehicle to add even for a Forza game. I wonder if they just used C1500 as a general term for the pickup truck?
211538_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Heads up: if you don't have that wild rally-spec '16 Honda Civic yet, you can get one by completing a Super 7 this week. This served as a good reminder that (a) 95% of people seem way more content to create cheap "do extremely simple thing to win" cards than anything as even simple as a point-to-point time trial that's not on the freeway or a dragstrip, and (b) that Civic is FUN. Not quite Hoonigan RS200 caliber, but it's definitely worth it in itself. (Fortunately I already got spoiled on what the car collector reward for owning all Hondas is, and how much it's absolutely not the kind of thing I'd want to get for collecting some two dozen cars, otherwise I'd be EXTREMELY let down.)

Last edited:
I stumbled across this youtuber the other day but he does races called Random All where every lap you get a random car, and that's any car. I was thinking this could possibly be a blast in Forza Horizon Online. It seems to make the mod they play on really buggy though, but despite that it looks fun.

I stumbled across this youtuber the other day but he does races called Random All where every lap you get a random car, and that's any car. I was thinking this could possibly be a blast in Forza Horizon Online. It seems to make the mod they play on really buggy though, but despite that it looks fun.

I've been watching Broughy videos for years and have always though this mode would be amazing fun in FH.

It's never going to be balanced or fair but who cares, it switches up the conventionality of a normal race in a very interesting way.

With FH's car diversity, there are all sorts of fun parameters that could be played with. Random Supercars for example, or random Cult Classics, or random Lamborghinis etc.

Just not sure how difficult it would be to implement from a developers perspective, hot changing cars so quickly like that every lap (and no real animation as well to mask loading)

I've been watching Broughy videos for years and have always though this mode would be amazing fun in FH.

It's never going to be balanced or fair but who cares, it switches up the conventionality of a normal race in a very interesting way.

With FH's car diversity, there are all sorts of fun parameters that could be played with. Random Supercars for example, or random Cult Classics, or random Lamborghinis etc.

Just not sure how difficult it would be to implement from a developers perspective, hot changing cars so quickly like that every lap (and no real animation as well to mask loading)
Oh for sure balancing is out the window. But ya Broughy also does videos where it's class specific and everyone ends up with all the cars by the end so that helps balance things.

With the PI system and a bit of thought about the groupings, it probably could be balanced enough that each player has a similar sum total of PI across all of the cars they're given in a race. It'd even be possible to go down the GT5 Shuffle Race route and weight the PI total based on player performance to make things closer.

Love to see the F8 Tributo - hoping Valkyrie, SF90 Stradale, 296GTB, Sian FKP37, Artura, 911 Turbo S, MC20, Roma, Emira, DBX/DBX 707, 675LT will come soon.

Plus, since some of the newly-released racing games have Alfa Romeo/Lancia/Fiat on board (Gran Turismo 7, Grid Legends), can we expect to see those brands make a return to Forza series in a future time point?

Last edited:
I heard that the Russian players are giving negative reviews for GT7 due to the game being blocked on Russian store. So I went and checked it on Metacritic just to see it for myself and it is hilarious. But you know what is even more hilarious? There are suddenly many 0 score for FH5 since March 4th. Some even saying let's go PS5?
Console wars are actually funny. :lol:

I heard that the Russian players are giving negative reviews for GT7 due to the game being blocked on Russian store. So I went and checked it on Metacritic just to see it for myself and it is hilarious. But you know what is even more hilarious? There are suddenly many 0 score for FH5 since March 4th. Some even saying let's go PS5?
Metacritic? More like Metastatic Cancer.

Metacritic is a joke. Although I do see some people's complaints about the microtransactions in GT7.

Who cares about Metacritic and other things like that.
People now they only complain about missing and other little things in videogames.
Play more talk less, that's all.
They are just Videogames.
I agree. Never ever bought a game based on a Metacritic score or users score in general. But it's still hilarious how are players trying hard to sabotage the competition by bombing user scores. My favourite game won because it has a higher user score... How sad is that? :lol:

I just don't get the 'console wars'. Sure we have different companies producing different consoles, so what? You have to pick a side and say negative things to the other consoles? I myself is a Forza player and have Xbox only, but that wouldn't stop me from admiring the extreme level of detail to cars in the Gran Turismo 7, let alone the series of 'Vision Gran Turismo' cars.

I don't know about other countries, but it seems like most console players in here China need to 'pick a side'. It's kind of a battlefield in an Chinese App/website called Baidu Tieba (similar as sub-reddit, where there will be 'chatrooms' for different topics). Just kind of pathetic.

Last edited:
An unfortunate human trait is trying to seek validation for almost any action that we take, whether important or trivial. Thus, if I have invested in an ecosystem (PC, PS, Xbox, Nintendo, or mobile), I need the validation that I made the right or best choice, regardless of the choices of other people (that is, by attacking or demeaning such choices.)
Just play what you like, however you like, don't mind the judgment of others.

Last edited:
Of all the important Brands, Services and Products that have been taken away from Russia in recent days and they still have the time and will to review bomb a video game?

Crazy

I heard among all the important stuff like all the big tech companies, Banking, International Payments, Automotive, Fashion, Highstreet Etc. I read that it's becoming difficult to purchase games on Steam and Xbox too. Along with Nvidia, AMD and Intel leaving Russia, Russian gamers are pretty much ruined. (Not that gaming is important in the grand scheme of things)

Last edited:
I just don't get the 'console wars'. Sure we have different companies producing different consoles, so what? You have to pick a side and say negative things to the other consoles? I myself is a Forza player and have Xbox only, but that wouldn't stop me from admiring the extreme level of detail to cars in the Gran Turismo 7, let alone the series of 'Vision Gran Turismo' cars.

I don't know about other countries, but it seems like most console players in here China need to 'pick a side'. It's kind of a battlefield in an Chinese App/website called Baidu Tieba (similar as sub-reddit, where there will be 'chatrooms' for different topics). Just kind of pathetic.

It's just kinda the way the world is going about everything it seems. Just about every subject has people (in general) more divided than ever and more combative about it, and it seems just about everything has to be black or white and can't be shades of grey in between.

Add in that people (again, in general) are also seeming to dig and analyze every word to find a way to interpret everything in the worst way possible, and even those who are kind of in the middle on a subject need to be careful as any minor criticism, complaint, joke or whatever will be taken as attack by one of the "sides."

Situation isnt good for average gamer, but we still can play games. Afaik, it is better than in Iran.

People channeling aggression. We frustrated and doing what we can do about it, even if its doesn't make sense. Peace.
I understand, I didn't mean the review bomb sentence to come across quite as it did. Just surprised Russians still cared about GT7 and other such things with the horrible situation you have been put in.

Last edited:
I understand, I didn't mean the review bomb sentence to come across quite as it did. Just surprised Russians still cared about GT7 and other such things with the horrible situation you have been put in.
It doesn't mean that we care only about GT7, but its too scary to even think about what is coming. We can't do anything other than holy crusade in comments. Any kind of protest against current gov are extremely dangerous right now. At least we can blame Microsoft or Sony for canceling Russians.

Ironically, console gamers in Russia are mostly in opposition to current regime or, at least, doesn't support war. You can see why they extremely frustrated.

I hope you guys wouldn't blame and hate russians in mp games/gaming social media. There is enough hate and violence in world. Its not because Russia as a country is something bad, but because there are liars that brainwashing minds of our citizens.

Sorry for offtop.

Back