Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,113 comments
Jeep freaks might be excited that it's the first YJ in a Forza title. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Yep, despite the livery it's actually filling a large gap in the Jeep lineup. Somehow they've managed to go for this long without a single AMC 4.0 in any Jeep, with a huge blind spot between 1980 and 2010. The only Jeep in that gap so far has been the Wagoneer, which was a facelift of a 60s Jeep with a 70s carbed AMC V8.

Couldn't have been more wrong in my predictions this month :lol: I swear one of these months I'll get something right!

Weird month IMO from PG here;
  • GR Yaris is huge W. Even better we get two bodykits to go with it. The only issue is tracking down multiple copies of the car to have multiple versions of each!
  • KIA returns. Awesome to see them back in Horizon. Stinger GT when?
  • The Dark Horse/Taycan/IONIQ 5 are reasonable additions but don't float my boat that much.
  • The Universal Pack for me is a very random addition, and clearly a month too late. I get that it'll have a much wider appeal to non-Forza people and that's why PG/T10 do these things, but $10 is very steep for 3 variants of one car, no matter how you slice it. Will be a begrudging purchase for completionists sake.
  • I would have much rather have had a car pack with a few ports from FM2023 (2020 R8, cough cough) and maybe 1/2 new to Forza cars than this - but there's no doubt this will sell way better than a car pack like that.

All in all, a mixed bag. Hoping for a strong S36 with Cars and Coffee.

New assets for EL and Toyota are good, everything else is mediocre. Not sure why they putting all those new cars in game, while big chunk of awesome legacy content isn't here.

New assets for EL and Toyota are good, everything else is mediocre. Not sure why they putting all those new cars in game, while big chunk of awesome legacy content isn't here.

It is not missing too much. FH5 has 89.6% of the Forza Horizon Catalogue on XBox One and Series S (850 of 948 in total) and 85% of all the cars that have been in FH (850 of 1002)

Its hard to see but the gauges go to 95mph now instead of 85.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 18.36.24.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 18.36.24.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 5
Its hard to see but the gauges go to 95mph now instead of 85.
The Delorean in the movie had it's speedometer changed to read 95 since the car was supposed to go 88 mph. The problem was the real car could only go about 75 which is why the original speedometer only read to 85.

I feel like everyone who grew up on the movies loves the pack and the 2000ā€™s kids only see 3 of the same car.
The first time I saw the first film was on a VHS rental tape, which appears to have been released in the UK in December 1986. I would, therefore have been around 9-10, depending on when we got it, and I think it was on TV at Christmas '87 when I was 10.

Your GTP profile suggests you would have been in the womb for that latter date...

I feel like everyone who grew up on the movies loves the pack and the 2000ā€™s kids only see 3 of the same car.
I saw the first BttF movie at a movie theater in Columbus, Mississippi with a bunch of my Air Force buddies. I had a big ol' '69 Chevy Suburban, so I was the unofficial bus driver of our group of friends.

Last edited:
I think it's less that and more 'this is a pack for movie buffs.' In the stream, a great deal was made of even minute differences between the DeLoreans; it's clear the target audience is those who are fans of the movies and would be able to appreciate those subtle details in a way only movie buffs (or lore fanatics) would appreciate, It's not like the Fast X pack where you'd really only get to appreciate the cars there if you were into stunt stuff, 'cause those were the actual stunt cars used in the movie.

I mean, yes they are three of the same car. But to someone who knows, the minute differences could be all the difference in the world.

Fairly disappointed in the car pack. Hoping that with the theme of this month there would be more modern stuff. Fortunately the reward cars are good. Really excited to see the GR Yaris finally appear as well as the Dark Horse and the Taycan wagon which I think is the better looking Taycan by far.

Meanwhile the interesting cars from the Jurassic Park series that aren't just bog standard YJ Wranglers with a livery (the beefed out MLs and glass roof Explorers) continue to be ignored.

the beefed out MLs
This is weirdly the car I associate most with the Jurassic Park movies. Merc's product placement worked I guess!

Happy to see the GR Yaris and the Dark Horse, though the latter is confusing considering we got the base model not that long ago. I also like the Cross Turismo in real life, but I don't think it'll get much use out of me, same with the Kia and Hyundai.

The pack is contentious for me. I love the idea of famous movie cars and you can't really not have the DeLorean in there, but having to have three separate variants, because of the rights does sting a little. In an ideal world, we'd just have them as bodykit options for the original BTTF model, then maybe the Dodge Monaco from Blues Brothers and... I dunno, Brian's Supra? The Death Race remake Mustang? There's a ton of potential there, even if they're not immediately recognisable as the others.

It is not missing too much
100 from Horizon + a lot road legal from Motorsport. 20-40 weeks with unique cars
The missing cars are mostly unlicenseable or locale specific.
90% of them are licensable(we have models from this manufacturer already). Local specific is weird term, considering how much Australian or British specific cars we already have

100 from Horizon + a lot road legal from Motorsport. 20-40 weeks with unique cars

90% of them are licensable(we have models from this manufacturer already). Local specific is weird term, considering how much Australian or British specific cars we already have
Just because we have other cars from those manufacturers doesn't mean they are willing to license the specific models in question. If only it were that easy, we'd have the McMerc SLR already....

From what I've heard the Car Pack was supposed to be released last update to coincide with RetroWave, which makes the JP Jeep make sense since the newer films weren't retro. The DeLoreans are all different and I THINK the BTTF one lights up and sparks when it hits 88 mph, so they have put love into this pack. I will pick it up, because I love JP, BTTF and Knight Rider, despite how much it is.

It is very clear this pack was made for movie/tv buffs, which is why people would see 3 of the same car instead of 3 unique vehicles. While I agree that the DeLoreans could have been 3 bodykits and replaced 2 or 3 iconic Universal cars, there aren't many that would have fit with the Retrowave update.

The pack is contentious for me. I love the idea of famous movie cars and you can't really not have the DeLorean in there, but having to have three separate variants, because of the rights does sting a little. In an ideal world, we'd just have them as bodykit options for the original BTTF model, then maybe the Dodge Monaco from Blues Brothers and... I dunno, Brian's Supra? The Death Race remake Mustang? There's a ton of potential there, even if they're not immediately recognisable as the others.
Honestly, in an ideal world, Horizon Retrowave would have been a Horizon x Universal Pictures crossover Series. Now that I think about it, all the signs had to have been there; the Retro Highway and the new Countach were clearly rushed, as if they needed last minute car rewards and a big Evolving World piece, and the Showcase Remix can be pretty much dismantled instantly on the right difficulty, as if they didn't really balance it around the Countach. Heck, the shark outfit, according to the article on Forza's website, is supposed to represent Jaws, which is also owned by Universal. It's like they even wanted to go as far as to make a Horizon Story to celebrate, considering Isabelle Moss, her character, and her plethora of lines.

Something must have fallen through with the crossover during development; I mean, even the way the Universal Icons was revealed made me double-take, like we were still in Horizon Retrowave even though the current Series is supposed to celebrate the modern day. They frame it as The Future of Automotive, only to backpedal as soon as they get there and reveal that they were actually going, in a very literal sense, Back to the Future of the 1980's. It came off as way too... schizophrenic?... to have been planned for this Series well in advance. Something must have happened behind the scenes.

Last edited:
The Universal car pack is awesome. The game has like a thousand cars already, some movies icons fit nicely.

Just because we have other cars from those manufacturers doesn't mean they are willing to license the specific models in question. If only it were that easy, we'd have the McMerc SLR already....

That car has been in Gran Turismo and The Crew for years. Either Forza doesnā€™t care about it or they have some licensing struggle exclusive to them.

Happy to see the GR Yaris and the Dark Horse, though the latter is confusing considering we got the base model not that long ago.

Could be the cars being in different classes: normal Mustang being in Modern Muscle while the Dark Horse probably being in Track Toys

Could be the cars being in different classes: normal Mustang being in Modern Muscle while the Dark Horse probably being in Track Toys
This is most likely it; although I do remember hearing on the stream that they did kinda decide to make the Cross Turismo a Playlist car specifically because it was a higher performance model of the Taycan already in the game. Maybe it's a case of "we gave the 2024 Mustang GT to everyone in the Race-Off, so now we make the Dark Horse a Playlist Car."

That car has been in Gran Turismo and The Crew for years. Either Forza doesnā€™t care about it or they have some licensing struggle exclusive to them.
Most likely, different licensing types. Seems, like UBIsoft have really long agreement

I was hoping the Universal Icons car pack would come out before I had to go to work. I guess not.

FH5 Release Notes: June 18th, 2024​

1718730899835.png

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

New Features (Available from June 18)

• 17EventLab Props
    • 16 Roads & Racing Props: Highway Entrance, 2-Lane Highway Straight, 2-Lane Highway Curve, 2-Lane Highway Elevation Change, 2-Lane Highway Left Incline, 2-Lane Highway Right Incline, Highway Split, 3-Lane Highway Straight, 3-Lane Highway Curve, 3-Lane Highway Elevation Change, 3-Lane Highway Left Incline, 3-Lane Highway Right Incline, Highway Pillars, Highway Pillars & Support, Highway Pillar, Highway Pillar & Support
    • 1 Gameplay: Robot
5 ā€œUniversal Icons Car Packā€ Cars (Available from June 18 onwards - Not included with the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass, Standard, Deluxe or Premium Editions)

• 1981 Back To The Future Time Machine 1
  • 1981 Back To The Future Time Machine 2
  • 1981 Back To The Future Time Machine 3
  • 1982 K.I.T.T.
    • Includes the ā€œSuper Pursuit Modeā€ Bodykit
  • 1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara ā€˜Jurassic Parkā€™
5 Unlockable Cars (Available from June 20 onwards)

• 5 Festival Playlist Reward Cars
    • 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
    • 2023 KIA EV6 GT
    • 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5 N
    • 2023 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
    • 2021 Toyota GR Yaris
"Modern Horizon" Limited Timed Series Features (Available from June 20 to July 18)

• Evolving World: Robot Mascot Collectible
  • 1 Shark Outfit
  • 1 Series Car Collector Accolade
  • 2017 Alpine A110 '17 available in the #Forzathon Shop during Week 1 (Summer) from June 20 to June 27

Bug fixes and changes

General

• Fixed an issue where Voiceovers and Subtitles were missing in Horizon Story Origins: Horizon UK, in Race 3, Chapter 5 (Bug 3871238)
  • General performance and stability fixes
Cars

• Fixed an issue with the 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 where it wasnā€™t possible to tone the gear ratio while in stock configuration (Bug 3935302)
    • Developerā€™s Notes: As weā€™re unable to change the stock configuration due to technical limitations, we added a duplicate of the stock transmission which allows gear ratio customization

12,9 GB on Win Store

Last edited:
Also, from Steam, it turns out the car update theme is Future Legends, so I was kinda right about the title of the update actually having a double meaning in the end. It just feels... awfully pretentious to me, like... you don't know if the Kia GT EV or the Taycan Cross Turbo is gonna be an instant classic or not, Playground. The Dark Horse and the Yaris, yes, absolutely, but not the Kia or Taycan.

Attachments

• 1718733034085.png
    1718733034085.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
I was born in 1976 (I never put my real info in websites for security reasons) but I saw BTTF at the cinema in 1985 and like @Famine many times on VHS after until 2 and 3 came out. Watched both in the cinema a few times each, I own the VHS, DVD and Blu-ray box sets. Needless to say I'm buying the car pack today.

To me each Delorean is different. They represent a different film and different memories of watching the films. My personal favourite is the third one with white wall tyres and Doc Browns 1885 circuitry on the bonnet.

I can understand why people with no affinity to BTTF are miffed at the car pack with 3 variants of one car that holds no special feelings for them, I really can. But I think this car pack is a result of us as a community asking for the BTTF body kit for the Delorean for years now. We asked and the Devs have delivered.

Back