[Archive] Forza Horizon 5 Series 36: Horizon Cars & Coffee

• Thread starter Turboteg90
  • 148 comments
Speaking of the Capuccino, did anyone notice that the Sera wasn't in the shot they used to advertise the Car Pack? All I saw was the Autozam, the Stagea and Pajero; they must've been trying to get the rights to the Capuccino when they took that shot but had to bring in the Sera when something fell through.
I think there is usually one car missing from Car pack promo shots. That just sounds more like wishful thinking than anything. There was no real indication of the Cappuccino other than guessing based on the series theme.

Last edited:
I think there is usually one car missing from Car pack promo packs. That just sounds more like wishful thinking than anything. There was no real indication of the Cappuccino other than guessing based on the series theme.
Not true; all of the car packs so far, except for this one and Apex Allstars (probably because there were so many), have had every single car visible in their promo shots. I just went back into all of them and checked.

Well how many Suzuki cars are even in Forza? I suspect the Capuccino was a no hope scenario from the start….

Speaking of the Capuccino, did anyone notice that the Sera wasn't in the shot they used to advertise the Car Pack? All I saw was the Autozam, the Stagea and Pajero; they must've been trying to get the rights to the Capuccino when they took that shot but had to bring in the Sera when something fell through.
The Suzuki license situation is probably a repeat of VW in FH3, Toyota and Mitsubishi in FH4 at launch, and Stellantis Italy in FH5 at launch: They just can't get a deal done. Yeah, there was a Jimny on the leak/datamine list (IIRC), but it wouldn't surprise me if the AZ-1 (which was made by Suzuki and had a Suzuki-badged twin almost nobody remembers, the Cara) is the closest we get to having Suzuki in this game.

The Suzuki license situation is probably a repeat of VW in FH3, Toyota and Mitsubishi in FH4 at launch, and Stellantis Italy in FH5 at launch: They just can't get a deal done. Yeah, there was a Jimny on the leak/datamine list (IIRC), but it wouldn't surprise me if the AZ-1 (which was made by Suzuki and had a Suzuki-badged twin almost nobody remembers, the Cara) is the closest we get to having Suzuki in this game.
Suzuki's automotive branch pulled out of the United States market in 2012 after the US side filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, so it's very possible they don't want to be associated with games made in the United States, which Forza is even though Horizon is made in the UK. They're cool with Gran Turismo because it's a Japanese game, if I had to guess, but they'll only license out to motorcycle games like Ride outside of that.

Last edited:
The AZ-1 was made by Mazda. It started off as a Suzuki prototype called the RS/1, but it was abandoned for the Cappuccino.

Suzuki's are sold in Mexico, but the lineup is, quite frankly, rather unexciting, except maybe for the Swift Sport and the 2-door Jimny Jeep-alike.

After some googling, I found this ..thing....

So today the Thing is a kit car, but was it ever a real factory-offered vehicle?

P.S. Doug's video on it is fun:

Last edited:
After some googling, I found this ..thing....

So today the Thing is a kit car, but was it ever a real factory-offered vehicle?
Yes it was. Originally a German military vehicle that was modified for civilian use, known as the Type 181.

massive_FH_5_S36_Car_Pack_TOY_Sera_91_16x9_3840x2160_WM_824a48d5d2.webp

massive_FH_5_S36_Car_Pack_MIT_Pajero_Evo_97_16x9_3840x2160_WM_2e49e6c0f2.webp

massive_FH_5_S36_Car_Pack_AZM_AZ_1_93_16x9_3840x2160_WM_e6e28f2174.webp

q3cdnm06opcd1.jpeg

PG absolutely cooked with this update. God damn.
Probably the second DLC outside the Premium Edition I'm willing to buy after the Italian pack (the only one I own for now).

Always wanted the Pajero Evolution, but everyone who knows a little bit of Spanish understands why we're getting a Montero (since the game is set in Mexico). 😁

Suzuki's automotive branch pulled out of the United States market in 2012 after the US side filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, so it's very possible they don't want to be associated with games made in the United States, which Forza is even though Horizon is made in the UK. They're cool with Gran Turismo because it's a Japanese game, if I had to guess, but they'll only license out to motorcycle games like Ride outside of that.
Still don't mean that we can't get them, I mean there are files of a Samurai (which we need badly).

I came back simply because we finally get kei jidoshas in Forza, and I really hope all of them make it to FM23 eventually.

Last edited:
Don't forget that right now extra Aventador variants like the Ultimae is second on the Forza fan Wishlist, behind only the SLR McLaren. So it's totally logical for them to give us the Ultimae ahead of many other supercars.

View attachment 1372723

Edit: That said, I hold it against them that they still haven't sorted out the licensing to get us the SLR McLaren. I want to hear that spitfire engine note in game please. Pretty please!
Finally! The brat who was accused of intentionally votespamming the Aventador can be tucked to bed.

Also, was the last game that the Stagea RS Four V featured in Gran Turismo 2?

Autozam AZ-1. My prayers have been answered. The rest of the pack is exciting too. These are exactly the JDM cars I've been wanting for a long time. The Stagea is such an underrated sleeper.

Also, was the last game that the Stagea RS Four V featured in Gran Turismo 2?
The non-260RS was in GT4-5-6 but it's the facelifted version Four S, so not quite the same car.

Last edited:
Seeing the Aventador Ultimae make it in before the Sterrato is a little surprising (esp. given the game offers the perfect map for the Sterrato to actually highlight its difference to the other Huracans).

Seeing the Aventador Ultimae make it in before the Sterrato is a little surprising (esp. given the game offers the perfect map for the Sterrato to actually highlight its difference to the other Huracans).
One is a full-on hypercar, the other is a multirole-but-leaning-offroader supercar. The Aventador is gonna be the more glamorous pick between yet another Huracan and yet another Aventador, although now they'll absolutely have to go get a Sterrato to completely flesh out Lambo in FH5. :P

I'm glad they are bringing the Ultimae in, its the best looking in the Aventador lineup besides the Aventador S and it's a sendoff before the Sian/Revuelto. We absolutely need the Sterrato now though to complete the modern lambo lineup. I believe that is the only Huracan we don't not have yet.

Last edited:
Great Update. Good to see the RF with the updated power output. I have seen a lot of reviews about the ND MX5. Fascinating car being one of the best drivers cars out there and still being affordable. These cars are suprisingly small when you see one in real life.

The Cars & Coffee Update looks to be AMAZING! Here's the order of cars that I'm looking forwards to obtain, from most excited to least excited.
  1. 1993 Autozam AZ-1
  2. 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero / Shogun) Evolution
  3. 1976 Volkswagen SP2
  4. 1991 Toyota Sera
  5. 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato
  6. 1997 Nissan Stagea WC34 RS Four V
  7. 1973 Volkswagen Thing
  8. 2021 Lamborghini Aventador LP780-4 Ultimae

They were probably thinking more about the US market, even if the game is set on Mexico. Anyways, the Safari was an oddity here, even during the heyday of the rear-mounted air-cooled engine era: the Vochos, Combis (Bus) and Brasilias were the majority of models sold, then came the Safaris and some rarer and imported Karmann Ghias.
We need VW Brasília in the game! Zenon Barriga y Pesado had one and here in Brazil he was very successful too.

Back