Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,711 comments
Super GT is at Suzuka the weekend of the 31st, that's probably why they've picked the combination again.

That's the downside of tying into real-life motorsports, it means yearly repeats. Like how I bet we'll get a Nordschleife TT at the end of May every single year because they want to reference the 24h.

Last edited:
Was able to improve my time today to 2:32:718 which puts me on some 1480th rank.

20240821_194644.jpg

Today I played all the 5 weekly challenges before attempting this TT. When I did, I found the car lighter & more obedient during corner entries. Maybe it's just psycholigcal. I ad changed ABS to weak but it was affecting my corner entries so went back to default.

One thing I've to say - M/T makes the car more controllable than A/T. It was the most evident in the fast sweeping left hander where we just have to life off a little before the downhill section. In A/T the car seemed so stiff but in M/T the car was smooth & precise.

Apart from the milage that Kylian has done on Laguna Seca....
Have you guys seen his corckscrew??....
How the hell.....🤣🤣🤣 that's epic, I think he has a second on me there alone 🙈

I did some serious miles this morning...and I'm still having a very hard time, I noticed Kylian staying in 2nd on exit T3 and that helpt a bit in the stability for me.
T4 I made a mistake and was to early.... went ok though 🤣
The under the bridge yeeter is still a lotery for me and like 5 out of 10.... either to slow out or totally mis my rotation there....

Went from 20.966 to 20.790 so that's something ...😁

View attachment 1382688
That frontlip is going to get hurt ( this was the only lap I took it between the teeth )

View attachment 1382689

Holy hell ,I'm now just a single hundredth under gold time
I cannot improve since I'm on vacation so please Kyky stop improving 😁

No improvement at all after another 2 hours session at Laguna so here is my lap. Feels like I still left a lot of time on the table in sector 1 and 2 with all the available grip and power, but this TT is indeed a good place to practice trail braking as it is needed on basically every corner.

My time of 1:20.340 will end up outside of Top 500 when the dust settles but I probably need time to focus on the upcoming Gr.2 TT on Suzuka to even get a gold on it.

Also upgraded my rig from Playseat Evo to Trophy - it is definitely a way better designed and constructed product with 0 flex and a streamlined design to boot :), absolutely loving mine so far!

I've asked something else for Christmas and I received it for my BDay:

View attachment 1382783

(no, this message wasn't posted with Internet Explorer)

Congrats! Probably one of the best bang for the bucks there and you will love it for sure.

Last edited:
A quick hello from the pool here in Sainte Maxime before I am too drunk on Aperol (again) to post this ;)

I updated my plugin to work with special events too, see below.

1724253537096.png

I thought about hiding special events behind a "More ..." link or something because I worried it would be overkill, but then I thought "whatever" (somewhat helped by aforementioned Aperol). This solution doesn't scale indefinitely, but it'll work for four to five events, and I don't think we ever had more. If you like it, just update as usual. Or if you have an alternative idea, let me know.

I've asked something else for Christmas and I received it for my BDay:

View attachment 1382783

(no, this message wasn't posted with Internet Explorer)
Whoa, you're going to have so much fun. I am actually envious of experiencing this for the first time :D

Btw this would also be the perfect occasion to switch to MT, since you have to re-learn all your inputs anyway. Just saying ... ;)

I firmly protest because:

1/ I'm much younger than the dude on your GIF
2/ The little green men are much more little
3/ abduction is a friendly process, not a rapt
4/ I don't plan to win 👽 badges, in the beginning...

Amuse toi bien mon ami Daniel !!!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳
Apparently, you've missed the spoiler... :lol:

Pesselles, I'm really jealous! Enjoy! :)

And change to MT. (so i really, really have an excuse every time you are, and obviously will be, in front of me)
Vielen Dank, Alex!!!
And yes that's the plan, my friend :)
Once the setup will be installed, I'll only play in MT because is much more intuitive to me with a wheel (well, I guess so).

Last edited:
I can't stress enough how useful loading a top ghost is for the Laguna Seca TT. I was stuck around 1:21.5-6 forever before I loaded the top ghost and smashed my PB with a 1:20.8 on the very first lap with that ghost, which even beat my previous optimal time. It didn't even feel like a particularly amazing lap, but it was so much faster.

Last edited:
Very interesting reading comments from all of you after physics updates, and honestly I am also pretty surprised like many of you, that AMG on racing soft tires is giving hard time to many GT planet TT community members. For me, it just works fine. (for those who do not know I am tilting controller to steer, gyro, motion control). So Porshce 917 HSR, also very nice TT for me, very nice, very easy, (was P40 now P60-ish) and when I read from top members of this group that it is just horrible then I wonder what is horrible?. Finally regarding Clio TT, I guess info about controller sensitivity I am sharing now will be most interesting for @P-Courty but, yeah, on AMG my settings are 10,1,10 and on Clio are totally opposite, -2,10,1. So for me, Clio is nothing I enjoy, with higher value on sensitivity, Clio is shifting weight left right a bit too much through wall part of Bathurst, it goes, but not so much fun. I did got safe gold, like P500 or something and I would guess physics makes it at least for me not to chase improvements on Clio. Life is busy so I did not had time to chase any other either but if I get time, I will gladly go back to both AMG and HSR.
My issue with the 917 High Speed Ring TT is that I find it a track quite unsuitable for anything competitive, T2 and the final corner a recurring problem whenever it appears, T2 usually being the culprit with its wall business but the final corner was the worst part in this particular combination. Was having incredible issues turning around there, lost heaps of time to the ghosts I was testing through there. It was insane the kind of speed they could carry and still make it around without getting sucked out into the wall. I could never match that. Anyway, I get that it’s an old classic GT track and kinda cool in that way but I haven’t seen it deliver anything of quality.

The car in itself I think could’ve been alright somewhere else but this combo was painful, any more than one short evening session in this was out of the question, no pleasure for me at all unfortunately. On the flip side, the time I hoped for arrived sometime into the session — what a sigh of relief.
19175aafd0719-screenshotUrl.png

b70ff108248670c131def92a0a3a982f_photo.webp

Clio tonight probably, get that out of the way in another one evening session hopefully. No time to return with some tougher AMG and Honda eMS around the corner ending next to each other as well. To also comment briefly on the coming TT — Gr.2 at Suzuka, not content with that at all. I like Gr.2 as a category and also Suzuka as a track but again, like already mentioned, it’s another damn repeat. With so many potential combinations given all the cars existing in this game, you can’t possibly put up a repeat again (at least not already), it’s frankly really poor and uninspired. Not the first repeat either. Since it’s open it’ll be the NSX ’16 as META once again. The potential was there to make the TT kinda cool by still keeping Gr.2 as a category if they had limited it to one of the lesser used cars, one of the ’08 ones, the CLK-LM or the Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM.

Next TT : Gr.2 at Suzuka Circuit !!!!!!
View attachment 1382738
I'm realy dissapointed in this, it's like yeeejjj we got new physics so we can re-live every single TT again 😕😕
And i must say that I didn't realy enjoyed the last one with that Meta NSX...
Let's hope the GR2 handles better then I thinks it's going to 🤣

On the other hand, these are perfect circumstances to get to know the physics 😵‍💫😵‍💫🤪🤪🤣🤣

I'm realy dissapointed in this, it's like yeeejjj we got new physics so we can re-live every single TT again 😕😕
This reminds me of the adverts for washing powder in Germany. Every three months it says: "Now with a brand new formula" 😂

On the other hand, these are perfect circumstances to get to know the physics 😵‍💫😵‍💫🤪🤪🤣🤣
But we should hurry up. For sure they are already working on the "brand-new physics" 🤓

I'm still sitting reasonably safely in silver everywhere with gold at HSR. I'm pretty comfortable with that. I think I've settled into a good routine for these TTs where I put in a substantial effort early on and then see where I sit and decide if gold is in play and if it feels like it's probably not, I just end it there. I haven't run any of these TTs now in about a week because I feel like I'd probably have to commit hours more to (try to) get golds in them and I just don't want to spend that much time on these.

Last edited:
And i must say that I didn't realy enjoyed the last one with that Meta NSX...
Let's hope the GR2 handles better then I thinks it's going to 🤣

I really hope this will not be another TT where we have to fight tooth and nails to get gold. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
2.5 sessions and no gold. Literally never happened to me before. only 0.1 till gold. It's so frustrating, I can't even work anymore. I'll use AMG for OMG now.

P.S. With Clio and many others recently, 30-40 mins and I am around top 500-1000. Now it's 3+ hours and it's something like top 5000. I am kind of lost and confused. I don't get it.
Historically, if I was down around 5,000 that would usually be indicative of a combo where you could use driver aids to get a decent lap (whereas in most cases CSA and stability control actually slow you down). With the new physics, I'm not so sure and I think it's something I'm doing, or not (DS4 on PS4).

I'm on a 1:21.6xx, which is 5,000+. When I load up a top ten ghost, they're just faster everywhere. Later braking, higher apex speeds, faster off the turn. Normally I can see some obvious issues but I'm scratching my head just now. Their cars turn in a way I've yet to figure out how to replicate, I can't even follow the line at a slower speed. Previously, I'd have seen that in a high downforce car, but not in Gr.3.

Whether it's a tyre temp thing (I think controller steering input on stick scrubs the tyres because you don't get a nice smooth consistent steering input, effectively literally over steering the car, which maybe overheats the tyres with new physics but the game is weird insofar as it makes a critical component of the physics i.e. temps invisible to players), I'm not sure. The usual shortcoming with change of direction on controller is evident at the corkscrew but that's probably only a few tenths.

I'm dropping over a second in both sector 2 and 3 and I can't figure out how to find the grip. Lifting off the gas doesn't bring the front end back and running in on a trailing throttle isn't sufficient to get the front end to bite. Accelerating just leads to running wide at the exit. When you look at what sector 3 actually involves i.e. the quick left, banked right and final tight left, losing over a second through there is nuts and indicative of an issue.

Historically, if I was down around 5,000 that would usually be indicative of a combo where you could use driver aids to get a decent lap (whereas in most cases CSA and stability control actually slow you down). With the new physics, I'm not so sure and I think it's something I'm doing, or not (DS4 on PS4).

I'm on a 1:21.6xx, which is 5,000+. When I load up a top ten ghost, they're just faster everywhere. Later braking, higher apex speeds, faster off the turn. Normally I can see some obvious issues but I'm scratching my head just now. Their cars turn in a way I've yet to figure out how to replicate, I can't even follow the line at a slower speed. Previously, I'd have seen that in a high downforce car, but not in Gr.3.

Whether it's a tyre temp thing (I think controller steering input on stick scrubs the tyres because you don't get a nice smooth consistent steering input, effectively literally over steering the car, which maybe overheats the tyres with new physics but the game is weird insofar as it makes a critical component of the physics i.e. temps invisible to players), I'm not sure. The usual shortcoming with change of direction on controller is evident at the corkscrew but that's probably only a few tenths.

I'm dropping over a second in both sector 2 and 3 and I can't figure out how to find the grip. Lifting off the gas doesn't bring the front end back and running in on a trailing throttle isn't sufficient to get the front end to bite. Accelerating just leads to running wide at the exit. When you look at what sector 3 actually involves i.e. the quick left, banked right and final tight left, losing over a second through there is nuts and indicative of an issue.
I'm in a similar situation, really scratching my head with this one, I've done so many laps but a 1:22.500 feels the same as my 1:21.899, I just can't identify where the speed is, what I'm missing and why I'm doing the same corners over and over but rarely in a way that feels familiar or progressive :confused: I think you could be right about tyre temps, the consistency of car behaviour seems weird to me

I'm not the best driver, but I can usually get golds 9 times out of 10 with much less effort than this one is taking.

I'm in a similar situation, really scratching my head with this one, I've done so many laps but a 1:22.500 feels the same as my 1:21.899, I just can't identify where the speed is, what I'm missing and why I'm doing the same corners over and over but rarely in a way that feels familiar or progressive :confused: I think you could be right about tyre temps, the consistency of car behaviour seems weird to me

I'm not the best driver, but I can usually get golds 9 times out of 10 with much less effort than this one is taking.
Turning down the controller sensitivity actually helped in terms of overall fastest lap thus far, but it's obviously a compromise for actually cornering smoothly and probably isn't going to yield the ultimate lap time.

Good session tonight at Bathurst.
I first lowered my time by .3s, pitted, changed oil and livery, and I scretched another .9s.
I'm quite consistent in S1 (24.0x - 24.2x) and S2 (54.7x - 55.0x), whereas S3 and S4 I reach to few times to get stats. However best S3 is 39.7, S4 is 36.0

How do you see these sector times? I guess my gold chances are in S3, that is where is harder to extract.

19176768ee36-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back