Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,899 comments
Yeah, truth be told I'm glad they're not doing 40 point car weeks anymore. That got tiring real fast.

Anything interesting in the Hard-to-Finds? I'm still missing a Tsuru and a GTO Judge, those are my major missing rides.
The Tsuru is 80 points this season isn't it?

The Tsuru is 80 points this season isn't it?
Okay, so I'll have a golden opportunity to hit the Auction House and get mine back. I sold mine off to fund a binge there after I reinstalled the game.

But yeah, sounds like I was bang on the money with "performance hiding in plain sight" as the theme. Gotta say that wasn't too bad!

Last edited:
That diffuser on the WRX is a bit much :lol:

As a side note I like the energy from that long haired dude, he knows what he's talking about.

That's not a good looking bodykit.
yeah, looking at internet they should have made it like this:
1725640910190.png

The chaser got a bosozoku inspired widebody kit i think? Very mild though compared to what bosozoku kit usually looked like. On the other hand I think the chaser should satisfied the guy who kept requesting for the chaser in various Forza social media comment Section.

Volvo isn't even the 400hp concept version and is just some lightly warmed up limited edition
car_photo_373261.jpg

The C30 Polestar feels like a model they had lying around when they modelled the other Polestar models years ago.

Edit: I get the impression that they deliberately made the 4 free cars less interesting than the Luca Camaro, possibly as part of the deal to get it?

Last edited:
The C30 Polestar feels like a model they had lying around when they modelled the other Polestar models years ago.

Edit: I get the impression that they deliberately made the 4 free cars less interesting than the Luca Camaro, possibly as part of the deal to get it?
Like I said, the theme of the update as a whole seems to be "Performance Hiding in Plain Sight." The cars don't look like much, but under the hood lies high performance. This should satisfy those disappointed by High Performance Dailies, for sure.

...Or in the case of the '22 WRX look so ugly that you can't believe it's not a (edit: never mind, the filter won't let me write Top Gear's favourite expression for a terrible car aimed at people who don't care about cars)

Last edited:
...Or in the case of the '22 WRX look so ugly that you can't believe it's not a (edit: never mind, the filter won't let me write Top Gear's favourite expression for a terrible car aimed at people who don't care about cars)
it did not suffice, dang the filter is good

But yeah, I'm not 100% sold by the WRX in general, it'll probably appease the track day bros but not me, at least not all the way.

Last edited:

It's actually a fair bit older, it's from a batch of 2013-model cars that were seemingly all planned for FM5, like the S4, RS7, R8, Fiesta ST, Clio RS, E63 AMG... and the Fit. The existence of the C30 was leaked fairly recently though, unlike the other cars around that time.

It's actually a fair bit older, it's from a batch of 2013-model cars that were seemingly all planned for FM5, like the S4, RS7, R8, Fiesta ST, Clio RS, E63 AMG... and the Fit. The existence of the C30 was leaked fairly recently though, unlike the other cars around that time.
Oh, huh, they just finally found a place for it then? Makes sense, actually.

FH5 Release Notes: September 10th, 2024​

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

New Features (Available from September 10)
  • 1 Multiplayer Game Mode: Hide & Seek
  • 17 Hide & Seek Player Badges
  • 17 Hide & Seek Accolades
  • 1 EventLab Prop: Detective Tank
1 Partnership Car (Available from September 10)
  • 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Jordan Luka 3 Motorsport Edition
    • To be delivered to all players through in-game message
4 Unlockable Cars (Available from September 12 onwards)
  • 4 Festival Playlist Reward Cars
    • 1991 Toyota Chaser GT Twin Turbo
    • 1995 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR
    • 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar
    • 2022 Subaru WRX
"Hidden Horizon" Limited Timed Series Features (Available September 10 to October 10)
  • Evolving World: Horizon Stadium Maze
  • 1 Camo Race Suit Outfit
  • 1 Series Car Collector Accolade
  • Evolving World: Detective Tank Collectible
Bug fixes and changes
General

• General performance and stability fixes
Cars
  • Fixed an issue with the 2018 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ where the exhaust pipes were incorrectly painted (Bug 3936961)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2020 Lamborghini SC20 where brake calipers where incorrectly placed behind the brake disc and the rev red line was set at 5000 RPM instead of 8000 RPM (Bug 3907558, 3907559)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2020 Lamborghini SC20 and Sian where shift paddles were turning with the wheel instead of being in a fixed position (Bug 3907560)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 BMW M3 with some inaccurate textures on the M Performance front, side, rear and wing carbon fiber upgrades (Bug 3937949)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2022 Cupra Formentor and the 2022 Cupra Tavascan where livery decals were applying to the steering wheel badge (Bug 3903778)
1725642242850.png

Last edited:
Okay, honestly after this update I do struggle to imagine what they could bring. Sure there's the AE92 and the AE111, but... Unless there's some high-profile '90s supercars or performance cars we're missing like the 1995 Mustang Mach 1 from FH1, this update added all the great '90s JDM cars we're missing aside from the Cappuccino and the kei cars of the time.

Okay, honestly after this update I do struggle to imagine what they could bring. Sure there's the AE92 and the AE111, but... Unless there's some high-profile '90s supercars or performance cars we're missing like the 1995 Mustang Mach 1 from FH1, this update added all the great '90s JDM cars we're missing aside from the Cappuccino and the kei cars of the time.

Just from cars that haven't been released but for which plans have been leaked at any point in the past, there's a Suzuki Samurai, Lincoln MkVIII LSC, Ford Mondeo, Ford Thunderbird, Acura Legend, and more, without getting into exotic stuff like the Lagonda or Venturi 300.

Outside of that the list of interesting 90s cars not in Forza is endless - you could make an entire season and car pack just from Peugeot and Citroen, for example. If you just wanted famous supercars and sportscars, Ferrari had the 456 and 348, there's the Viper RT/10, and the fact that we've never had a stock Porsche 964 in Horizon (but there's now a Turbo S in Motorsport...). Dozens upon dozens of obscure performance cars too, from the AC Aceca to the Yamaha OX-99 (couldn't think of one starting with Z!).

Back to the 90 is, or back to the thing belonging to 90?

Nineties isn't "Ninetie's". It should be 90s (Nineties) or '90s (reflecting the dropped "19").

I'm also quite sure they said very overtly that Pathfinders would be back this Series...

Last edited:
My first thought for a '90s car is this.....

1000010640.png

The Alfa Romeo GTV. We use to own one about 15 years ago. We had it for 5 years and it was lovely. We had the 2 litre T Spark.

We only had to part with it due to an expanding family. Oh how I miss that car, even though at 6ft 5 driving it was a bit of a squeeze 😂😂😂.

Last edited:
Dang it I missed the livestream this time around -.- Cool update though, and I really like the cars too. Come to papa :sly:
Mitsubishi Evo III: About. *******. TIME.
Subaru WRX: Same as above.
Toyota Chaser: Ok... can't say I expected this. The fact that it's a non-JZX100 Chaser is even more surprising. Maybe they struggled to find a clean one to scan IDK?? I do like it though, somewhat different from your usual JDM-fanfare which is fun to see.
Volvo C30 Polestar: Easily my favourite this update. Honestly, I'd been happy if they lazily added the 360-era C30 (I'm a bit of a C30 simp don't mind me) but I'll happily take having a newer, more detailed model of a better performing C30 too.

I googled this, and decided that they are allowed to go wild and license/scan some of the craziest please:
We actually have quite a few in FH5 already, but there are so many obscure ones left.

I know we won't get it, but the road going Panoz Esperante would be utterly awesome:
1725646522520.png

Likewise the Lister Storm (another GT1 homologation model I assume):
1725646586736.png

I also like the topless version of the De Tomaso Guara:
1725646710957.png

But I guess we should get the Pantera first (it was built in 1972-1992 so it just sort of qualifies)?:

We're still missing the early 90s Aston Lagonda, Lincolns MKVIII was leaked that would be an interesting 90s addition. Renault Espace F1 could be another, A TVR, Dodge Durango Ramcharger which thats actually Mexico based...there's plenty of 90s vehicles out there that would be good additions to this game.

Last edited:
I googled this, and decided that they are allowed to go wild and license/scan some of the craziest please:
We actually have quite a few in FH5 already, but there are so many obscure ones left.

I know we won't get it, but the road going Panoz Esperante would be utterly awesome:
View attachment 1387012

Likewise the Lister Storm (another GT1 homologation model I assume):
View attachment 1387013

I also like the topless version of the De Tomaso Guara:
View attachment 1387014

But I guess we should get the Pantera first (it was built in 1972-1992 so it just sort of qualifies)?:
I want number 13

Back