Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,975 comments
So... I watched the unveiling of the Ferrari F80 and it looks like... a Grand Theft Auto online version of a Ferrari. I'm most certain that FH5 won't get it, fortunately.

It does have a bunch of design similarities with the Huracan and Sian, though, which means we'll get it badged mistakenly as a Lambo

I think the biggest Lambo similarity is the centre-mounted huge rear exhaust... Never expected that from a Ferrari.

Top Gear has some decent information already:

I didn't even know E-turbos were a thing (electric motor in the turbo to spool it up faster). 900hp from a twin turbo V6 is just insane though.

Some definite design language similarities to the 12cillindri, especially the black strip on the front and the roof line:
1729174755447.png

Last edited:
I think the biggest Lambo similarity is the centre-mounted huge rear exhaust... Never expected that from a Ferrari.

Top Gear has some decent information already:

I didn't even know E-turbos were a thing (electric motor in the turbo to spool it up faster). 900hp from a twin turbo V6 is just insane though.

Some definite design language similarities to the 12cillindri, especially the black strip on the front and the roof line:
View attachment 1398183

The strip is a callback to the 356 GTB/4 Daytona, but while it makes some sense in the 12cillindri, it doesn't in the F80.

The strip is a callback to the 356 GTB/4 Daytona, but while it makes some sense in the 12cillindri, it doesn't in the F80.
yeah I know, but since it's still here in the F80 it's now a new design language for Ferrari going forwards I guess?

So I'm not in a position to play FH5 today; what happened with the Backstage vote, and what's up next?
In the Backstage shop I see the Sprinter Trueno, the Rivían R1S, the Huayra BC, the M-B 280 SL, the 575M Maranello, the XTS limousine, the M4 Competition Coupe, and the Fiat 131.

Last edited:
The FTO has a speedometer that reads in km/h according to the instrument but the speedometer move as if it's synchronized to mph. Another bug i guess

Ive seen people talking about the W1 and the F80 being the next 'Holy Trinity' but it just doesn't have the same impact as the P1, 918 and LaFerrari did

Those were 3 of the first supercars to use hybrid technology from a time 900bhp was an insane number. Now, its just two 1200hp hypercars. Just like the rest

Calling them the new Trinity (Porsche pending) feels hollow

Ive seen people talking about the W1 and the F80 being the next 'Holy Trinity' but it just doesn't have the same impact as the P1, 918 and LaFerrari did

Those were 3 of the first supercars to use hybrid technology from a time 900bhp was an insane number. Now, its just two 1200hp hypercars. Just like the rest

Calling them the new Trinity (Porsche pending) feels hollow
I could argue that the AM Valkyrie got at that level first (and is better looking). As for Porsche, it depends if they build something out of the Mission X concept.

Well the same 3 manufacturers are bringing out their replacements to the P1, 918 and La Ferrari all at the same time 10 years after the originals, so comparisons will always be made.

Furthermore, these are probably the final combustion engine hypercars. I expect all three to bring out fully electric (or hydrogen) hypercars in another 10 years time.

For those curious, this is the W1. I much prefer the old P1, this is just a bit too safe compared with the F80 going somewhere completely new...
1729194108286.png

And this is the Mission X Concept (which hasn't yet been confirmed to go into production):
1729194141431.png

I have no idea if the Mission X will ever make it to production in this or altered form, but the concept wins the styling comparison by miles. Awesome looking thing!

Edit: Of course, as @Nacho Libre pointed out the AM Valkyrie beat all 3 to the punch, but it's not really in the same market - too track focused for me. A more interesting competitor is the Rimac Nevera which probably outperforms all 3 new hypercars in all stats that matter. And the Bugatti Tourbillion which has that awesome interior and insane power too.

I mean, beat this:
1729194521283.png

The way that fixed mechanical instrument cluster stays still and the wheel rotates around it is just awesome. All fans of high end mechanical watches can't help but love it.

Last edited:
Back