Forza Horizon (NEW SCREEN SHOTS)

The Aventador has active aero in the biplane race, so I suspect they will all have it.

Hey I got something for you......

lolly.jpg

Now shut the **** up and talk about Horizon. You're acting like a little child.

Yeah seriously. I don't care about TDU.

I'm the one who said Horizon was like Burnout Paradise. Both games are entirely about the driving, no extraneous stuff like TDU. Both trivialize damage and feature destructable objects and large jumps. Both have a modestly sized open map with color-coded events you can drive to.

NFS Underground 2 is another great example. Horizon is a straightforward racing game, like many others. The difference is that it has FM4 physics and a sweet car list in a beautiful game engine with great sounds.

How was the 2 mile ruler measured in the above map?
Yeah, that's something I'd like to know, as well. Everybody can slap some lines onto a picture and write some figures next to these lines.
In the early gameplay footage PG presented at E3, the Viper merges onto the freeway and gets off at the next exit. According to the "distance to finish" odometer, it covers 2 miles from one ramp to the next.

Someone figured out where that chunk of freeway was on the full map, and so we have our measurement.

In the early gameplay footage PG presented at E3, the Viper merges onto the freeway and gets off at the next exit. According to the "distance to finish" odometer, it covers 2 miles from one ramp to the next.

Someone figured out where that chunk of freeway was on the full map, and so we have our measurement.
Ah, thanks, Wolfe 👍
That clears that question up. Pretty clever.

I think Horizon is looking better and better as we get closer to release. I love all the cars coming out everyday and I'm sure I will enjoy this game. I would like to comment about all these comparison, as I did play TDU1&2. I can say I loved the open road freedom and the cruising with friends/clubs. TDU physics, story line no so so but had fun with the club when we could be on, multiplayer online was bad. I like the sim character to go along with the cars but having all these homes to buy and decorate was a waste. You only need one house/garage to have because once you unlock all roads you are able to just teleport there. TDU1 good TDU2 bad and look how long it took them to get the vette ZR1 and no Lambos. Anyways Horizon is looking good IMO.

The 300SL will be a wonderful tourer, would be great if the 190SL would be added as DLC. Just a low-powered, classy crusier for when you want to travel in style.

Wasn't the S2k convertibled when you were going to drive it like in Forza 4? Or do I have a false memory? :embarrassed:

Edit: Nevermind, don't know why I thought that. Is that in GT5 maybe??

Have operable convertible tops been confirmed/denied? All the cars have been remade from scratch for this game so the animations could be there.

They seriously need to implement an option for convertible tops. There should be an on off toggle somewhere, I don't even care if there is animation or not, just give us the option.

I agree especially since other games have that option. If they are going to have a small map, they need every feature possible in this game to make up for it.

I agree especially since other games have that option. If they are going to have a small map, they need every feature possible in this game to make up for it.
We get it. Your expectations aren't very high. I think everyone here understands that you are potentially going to dislike this game none of us have played yet.

We get it. Your expectations aren't very high. I think everyone here understands that you are potentially going to dislike this game none of us have played yet.
I have always been an open minded non bias multi platform gamer. I give EVERY game a chance. I also give every game its fair share of honest criticism. I didnt expect to like Skyrim at all so I only rented that game. Shortly after playing the Skyrim rental I fell in love with the game and purchased it when the rental expired.

While I have loved every Forza since the first game, Horizon isnt looking to promising compared to other sandbox racing games IMO. You never know, I could rent it and fall in love with the game like my example of Skyrim. I give every game a chance. It could surprise me.

I guess my style of criticism differs from yours in that I hope for the best and see what falls short when I play it.

I don't think 64mi.^2 feels as small as you've been led to believe. I work in townships that are typically surveyed into 6 mile x 6 mile squares, and my job is almost literally to drive up and down every road in that square. I know what 36mi.^2 feels like. If you handed me the keys to 200 enthusiasts' cars from all generations, gave me a free pass from police intervention within a 64mi.^2 zone, and arranged for a lifetime supply of gasoline, I'd be golden indefinitely.

That's kinda the point; for the first time ever, we have a game like this with driving physics that approximate the real thing. I've spent dozens of hours tooling around the same tracks over and over in Live for Speed, because the driving is so good. How long would you enjoy driving in circles in TDU2?

I guess my style of criticism differs from yours in that I hope for the best and see what falls short when I play it.

I don't think 64mi.^2 feels as small as you've been led to believe. I work in townships that are typically surveyed into 6 mile x 6 mile squares, and my job is almost literally to drive up and down every road in that square. I know what 36mi.^2 feels like. If you handed me the keys to 200 enthusiasts' cars from all generations, gave me a free pass from police intervention within a 64mi.^2 zone, and arranged for a lifetime supply of gasoline, I'd be golden indefinitely.

That's kinda the point; for the first time ever, we have a game like this with driving physics that approximate the real thing. I've spent dozens of hours tooling around the same tracks over and over in Live for Speed, because the driving is so good. How long would you enjoy driving in circles in TDU2?
Well TDU2 has been out climbing up on almost 2 years and I STILL enjoy driving around in that game. In fact I still have not even explored the entire area of both islands yet. So each time is always a new experience. But again, the game is massive so exploring the entire map is almost impossible to do within a year or 2. And with the insane amount of features (see post #283), its going to keep me busy for many more years. If Horizon can pull that off, I will officially be impressed. In fact I just rode around with a friend in TDU2 over the weekend. Yes for those that dont know, you can even ride in other players cars as a passenger.

BTW, you brought up TDU2 again, I was letting it go. :lol:

Slyly mentioning "other games" isn't what I'd call letting it go, so you left TDU2 on the table. I'm just asking if you'd enjoy driving around the same two or three blocks over and over in that game. No exploration. Just the drive. Like I said, I've poured hours into Live for Speed and it only has a small handful of average-length racetracks.

You think Horizon won't turn out well because it's quantitatively lacking. Some of us think Horizon will be great because it's qualitatively superior. So what about you? Does the Forza engine matter or is it all about features?

Slyly mentioning "other games" isn't what I'd call letting it go, so you left TDU2 on the table. I'm just asking if you'd enjoy driving around the same two or three blocks over and over in that game. No exploration. Just the drive. Like I said, I've poured hours into Live for Speed and it only has a small handful of average-length racetracks.

You think Horizon won't turn out well because it's quantitatively lacking. Some of us think Horizon will be great because it's qualitatively superior. So what about you? Does the Forza engine matter or is it all about features?
I have cruised around many times in the same area in TDU1 and TDU2 and always enjoy it. I dont need a great game engine to enjoy a game. But features are what keep TDU1 and 2 so addictive and keep me coming back over and over again.

While I do appreaciate great driving physics especially in track racers, I also appreciate features. Lets face it, you really cant have too many features in a game. As an example, how much would you truly appreciate Forza 4 if it ONLY had the forza engine and no features? No 4,100 vinyls per car, no online racing with friends, no storefront, no tuning, no ability to swap engines or drivetrains, no online 8 lane drag strip, no cockpit view, no rewind, none of the features we love that set Forza apart from the other sim track racers.

Features make a game and features are what set Forza above all other sim track racers. Without all the awesome Forza features, Forza would not have been anywhere near as successful. And thats something even you cant deny.

No 4,100 vinyls per car, no online racing with friends, no storefront, no tuning, no ability to swap engines or drivetrains, no online 8 lane drag strip, no cockpit view, no rewind, none of the features we love that set Forza apart from the other sim track racers.

I agree with you, however all of those features you just listed pertain to the "car" or "driving" aspect of the game, not a sim life game that includes driving. I want as many features as T10 and Playground can give us as well, but that make sense in this type of game. Retractible tops, lowering/raising windows, car dealer options, gas stations, car washes, tune shops, radio stations, these are the type of features I am looking forward too. And I actually wouldn't mind being able to create our own driver, but from the looks of it, we won't.

In fact I just rode around with a friend in TDU2 over the weekend. Yes for those that dont know, you can even ride in other players cars as a passenger.

Sounds like you need to get out more and experience REAL life if your weekend consisted of riding around in a virtual car in a virtual world with an online friend.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you need to get out more and experience REAL life if your weekend consisted of riding around in a virtual car in a virtual world with an online friend.:rolleyes:
Coming from someone trolling the thread trying to insult others. Great way to set an example as a new member on the forums. 👍
FYI it was a feature a member requested from the community. Atari was kind enough to add the requested feature to the game. Just because you dont like a feature does not give you the right to insult others.

There was no need for this kind of comment.

It's his time and his life, and what he does in his own free time, is only up to him.

I have cruised around many times in the same area in TDU1 and TDU2 and always enjoy it. I dont need a great game engine to enjoy a game. But features are what keep TDU1 and 2 so addictive and keep me coming back over and over again.

You're on your own with that one I think..

Latest Posts

Back