Forza Horizon (NEW SCREEN SHOTS)

I said something that will never happen :guilty:

The only time we'll get something free in these games is if a) it cost next to nothing to make b) it's sponsored c) it will increase purchases of the boxed game by huge amounts.

Porsche will do none of this, even when included as base content.

I have often wondered how much the boxed sale actually cover, Manufacturers and track owners generally are cash driven people, even assuming 4million sales you have to cover the (at this time) 91 individual brands of car, the various track licences, the administration, the distribution, the wages of all the staff etc. Can't be cheap. I get the feeling the DLC profit is partly essential at this point.

Porsche is confirmed to not be in the game at launch, I repeat, not in the game at launch. Annoying I know :banghead: but not the end of the world.

"Hundreds & hundreds of miles of roads...."
Hopefully that answers the question somewhat about how big the game world is. No sq. mile given, but it definitely sounds bigger than what that picture a couple pages back tried to present it as.

"Hundreds & hundreds of miles of roads...."
Hopefully that answers the question somewhat about how big the game world is. No sq. mile given, but it definitely sounds bigger than what that picture a couple pages back tried to present it as.

I think that just PR talk, but hopefully FH will prove me wrong ;-)

Loving the three confirmed cars tonight, even though the 458 Spider and Range Rover Supercharged have been seen already in screenshots. The Diablo SV is a pleasant surprise, too.

Not to hate, but this car doesn't make sense in a road racing game.

Pretty sure its better suited to a road than the Zonda R is... Besides, havent you always wandered what happens when you cross the open road with a full fledged racecar?

Pretty sure its better suited to a road than the Zonda R is... Besides, havent you always wandered what happens when you cross the open road with a full fledged racecar?

You are right about the Zonda R which is another questionable car for this game. I thought they put the time in to think about what cars best suited this game, and track ready cars don't make sense to me, they make sense in Forza Motorsport.

Having said that, I am not saying don't put it in game. Just wondering what the mindset was to use cars of that nature. But being that you will be able to tune and build your car up to a race ready machine, then in the end it really doesn't matter.

EDIT: Actually after viewing that vid, I guess you won't be able to tune your cars to that level. No convertible option either, no gas stations, no Porsche. So many bummers all at once.

No sq. mile given,

I don't see why anyone would even think of this type of game in square miles. You could have a game that has a map of 1,000 sq miles but only have 1 road that's 115 miles long or you could fill that same space with 10,000 miles worth of road. Just don't see why some people in this thread are comparing how many square miles a driving game has. :odd: Total miles worth a road whether it be dirt or asphalt should tell a much more accurate story of how big of a playground you will have.

Hundreds and Hundreds? I would have expected thousands and thousands, but we'll see. I think it's going to be very small compared to TDU.

I don't know why people think TDU set a bench mark of some sort. Does it have a lot of roads? Yes. It also has a LOT of pointless forests & what not that 95% of the game's players have most likely never ventured far into.

Obviously the TDU series is the most innovative open world game since... well since open world. It combines lifestyle with fast cars. Don't forget the awesome car wash too... Nothing better than some half clothed pixels on the screen... right.... right ? Seriously.

Stop talking about TDU. I come here to find out the latest news of Forza Horizon, not how it is so (Basically) BAD compared to TDU.

Other than that.. I will have to fish my Xbox out and plug it up so that I can enjoy this game this fall. My game of the year basically.

Just a reminder, comparisons to TDU are fine but should this develop into another "TDU 2 is better than TDU" or whatever the case may be, take it elsewhere as it has no place here.

The comparisons with test drive need to stop,mthe most important thing in any driving including open world are physics and test drive leaves a lot to be desired. I am a huge racing game fan and I have never bought a test drive game which says it all.

Ddrizle posted this video on GTPlanet. I don't think it was posted here until now:

For those who were worried: It also confirms the 22B to be in the game. Yay :D

Just a reminder, comparisons to TDU are fine but should this develop into another "TDU 2 is better than TDU" or whatever the case may be, take it elsewhere as it has no place here.

I never even liked TDU. Didn't buy either of them. I'm 100% FH will be far better. Just making a point of quantitative comparison. :)

2 things I notice... The 22B still looks like crap, and the music... sucks.

The 22b does look like crap. I don't know why they say they have remodeled all of the cars when they are still clearly using a lot of old assets. I'm sure the first gen NSX will still look absolutely awful. This is my chief point of contention with T10. They are so quick to bring out new games, yet a lot of the core needs to be updated. The cars that have been modeled since the FM3 DLC started are all very high quality, but a huge amount of the ones from FM2 (which are still being used!) look very....dated. The same applies to tracks, but that is obviously not really valid for FH.

I agree with a lot of cars not looking very good. I'm just glad that this generation of consoles is as good as done, so they have to model new stuff for the upcoming Forza games.

I don't know why people think TDU set a bench mark of some sort. Does it have a lot of roads? Yes. It also has a LOT of pointless forests & what not that 95% of the game's players have most likely never ventured far into.
It also has minimal roadside scenery and unusually low-poly surfaces which made for bland, jagged roads that could toss you into the ditch unexpectedly. Most of them were forgettable.

Hundreds and Hundreds? I would have expected thousands and thousands, but we'll see.
I think the only way to get that many miles of roads on an Xbox DVD is to use a procedurally generated map. Getting those to look right is challenging:
fuel_seams.jpg

Ddrizle posted this video on GTPlanet. I don't think it was posted here until now:

For those who were worried: It also confirms the 22B to be in the game. Yay :D
I'm loving the elevation change you see here (first at 2:09). Colorado should be the antithesis of FM4's flatness.

The 22B was virtually confirmed when the Evo VI was confirmed, but thanks for sharing proof of its existence. :)

2 things I notice... The 22B still looks like crap, and the music... sucks.

I hope there is a possibility like in GT5 to turn off songs because the song around 3.30 is pretty nice, just regular radio music. It's not special or anything but I want music I don't hear when I don't need to, if you know what I mean..

Bah, I'll just use a custom playlist from the Xbox's HD...

BTW, '77 T/A has been announced, though I think we knew about it already. I can hardly wait to blast down dirt roads Bandit style. :D

I noticed the headlights on all the cars look just a bit more detailed. (Probably since they are actually functional.)

Yay, Range Rover! And I'm glad the E-Type is in. It'd be nice to see an E-Type Convertible, but I guess that's virtually pointless due to the Eagle Speedster. Which I know is pretty and all, but to me it can't match a standard E-Type Convertible.

I'd love to see an E-Type with a rag top.

I'm a little bit picky about the cars I really like. they have to be post 1850 and pre 2015
before I truly enjoy them.

Back