Forza Horizon (NEW SCREEN SHOTS)

I am talking about the resolution of model textures and AA used in the homespace vs actual gameplay. Not the homespace vs Photomode.

Same lighting as FM4.

How is it going to have the same lighting if it has a dynamic clouds and day/night cycles. They obviously cant use the same lighting as FM4 if they are including nights as well. I'm no expert and have zero experience, so I would gladly admit that I'm wrong, if thats the case.

Google Forza Horizon image based lighting. Same thing as FM4 but Horizon will utilize it at night. Clouds don't effect the lighting; since I am 99.99% sure the XBOX cannot handle light scattering through the clouds ontop of what is already being processed.

Google Forza Horizon image based lighting. Same thing as FM4 but Horizon will utilize it at night. Clouds don't effect the lighting; since I am 99.99% sure the XBOX cannot handle light scattering through the clouds ontop of what is already being processed.

I'm sorry to say but you didnt answer anything. Was hoping you would be able to prove to me rather than just tell me your predictions. They also utilize its "advanced physics" but from person to person it seems to be a wrong/right statement. Some have claimed it was, and some have claimed it wasnt the same.

Predictions? lol. If you're taking the "99.99% sure" comment as a "prediction" you might want to research just how demanding dynamic clouds are... and then throw in light scattering and shadows into the mix. Download pCARS and see how demanding it is on hardware that isn't almost a decade old.

Comparing lighting (which Greenawalt has been quoted as saying is the same IBL from FM4) to different individual's opinions on handling is quite a stretch (even though they have constantly reminded us it is the same physics engine from FM4). So... not quite sure what you're getting at here besides trying to argue.

But, like I said... Google it. I am not obligated to prove anything to you.

I'm sorry to say but you didnt answer anything. Was hoping you would be able to prove to me rather than just tell me your predictions. They also utilize its "advanced physics" but from person to person it seems to be a wrong/right statement. Some have claimed it was, and some have claimed it wasnt the same.

Comparing what the developers claim to be "advanced physics and what other people think of them" is the same as the developers saying "horizon is using the same image based lighting as FM4"?

You should have taken the advice to use google....

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/351928/previews/forza-horizon-epic-beautiful-brilliant/?page=2
"When we knew we had to create an open world, we knew we had to have a time of day system," says Fulton. "That's just the price of entry for the open-world setting. But we were fortunate because Forza gives us this image-based lighting system which sits the car in the scene - the lighting is real, not baked-in. So we have a dynamic sky and cloud system, atmospheric scattering, the sun is dynamic and casts dynamic shadows, and when you're driving at night the whole driving experience is changed. These are dark, dark roads lit only by your headlights, so the driving experience in Horizon is always changing."

662534_20120830_640screen016.jpg

Predictions? lol. If you're taking the "99.99% sure" comment as a "prediction" you might want to research just how demanding dynamic clouds are... and then throw in light scattering and shadows into the mix. Download pCARS and see how demanding it is on hardware that isn't almost a decade old.

Comparing lighting (which Greenawalt has been quoted as saying is the same IBL from FM4) to different individual's opinions on handling is quite a stretch (even though they have constantly reminded us it is the same physics engine from FM4). So... not quite sure what you're getting at here besides trying to argue.

But, like I said... Google it. I am not obligated to prove anything to you.
Wasnt trying to argue, was just wondering how you came to your conclusion. Your right, your not obligated to provide anything to me, but all I did was ask. I was just hoping you would be able to shed some light on the subject for me as I wasnt aware. Instead you just said "I'm sure of this" and got upset.

Thanks Motarded, As I was on a phone its kind of hard to get through pages. Especially when its old and crappy.

The car list is getting more inspiring each day. Just the HSV GTS left to be unveiled and I will literally not care what the remaining cars are!

VXR
The car list is getting more inspiring each day. Just the HSV GTS left to be unveiled and I will literally not care what the remaining cars are!

I think that one's a given, awesome cruising car.

Thanks Motarded, As I was on a phone its kind of hard to get through pages. Especially when its old and crappy.

Any phone is better than an iphone :P

The only thing I'd do with that SSC at a festival is laught at now ridiculously kit car it looks.

At first I thought the photos where computer generated to be in exactly the same angle and exactly same spot, but you can tell some are in different angles and different use's of aperture.

The Balloons are different in some of them too :P

For some strange reason I'm looking forward to driving the M600, It's a car I've used once in FM4, but I think it could be quite a different animal on the open road!

The reveal of the 370z to my mind confirms the pre-order car is an early access token and not a literal exclusive model.

The Balloons are different in some of them too :P

For some strange reason I'm looking forward to driving the M600, It's a car I've used once in FM4, but I think it could be quite a different animal on the open road!

Yes I think all of these cars will be different to drive now that they are in a new open road environment. Gonna be a new experience with each car, especially for night driving 👍

Back