Forza Horizon (NEW SCREEN SHOTS)

VXR
The DB5 is the latest one.

279304_459086704114242_1797605333_o.jpg

I'm a bit concerned the sky looks so dim, though. Hopefully it's dynamic clouds so even if there isn't weather there will at least be a variety between cloudless, fluffy white clouds, stormy and overcast.

Not used it since FM3, but I think it'll be much more at home out there than on a track.

VXR
I'm a bit concerned the sky looks so dim, though. Hopefully it's dynamic clouds so even if there isn't weather there will at least be a variety between cloudless, fluffy white clouds, stormy and overcast.
I am guessing thats the draw distance. Many games blur the backround to help with the processing.
VXR
Not used it since FM3, but I think it'll be much more at home out there than on a track.
Wait what? Muscle cars have every right to be on a road track as much as any other car out there. Not sure if you are hating on Ford or muscle cars in general. Maybe you can clear up the confusion.

They don't actively blur the game; that introduces additional processing. They utilize very little amounts of AF (if at all) which decreases the bluriness of textures drawn in the distance. On top of that most console titles introduce "fog" so you can't see the draw distance. Ever wonder why FM4's version of the 'Ring looks so foggy?

Actual gameplay won't look like those shots anyway.

Compare the homespace and actual gameplay in FM4. Same thing going on here.

I am concerned no additional information has been released about the title. If they don't have any other features to announce then this is looking like a very poor title.

They don't actively blur the game; that introduces additional processing. They utilize very little amounts of AF (if at all) which decreases the bluriness of textures drawn in the distance. On top of that most console titles introduce "fog" so you can't see the draw distance. Ever wonder why FM4's version of the 'Ring looks so foggy?

Actual gameplay won't look like those shots anyway.

Compare the homespace and actual gameplay in FM4. Same thing going on here.

I am concerned no additional information has been released about the title. If they don't have any other features to announce then this is looking like a very poor title.
You are correct about the lack of information. Usually lack of information is a sign of a game thats not going to do well. TDU2 had little to no info at all and that game was by far one of THE most bug infested, unfinished games ever to hit the 360. Its an enjoyable game now but it took them many many months to get it working properly. Another example is Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Next to no info was released and that game was terrible. Bombed instantly. So the lack of info for Horizon is not a good sign at all. I will just rent it to be safe. As I said before, I think this game is basically going to be a beta for T10 to test and monitor the feedback from the community. If it does well, they will put more effort into Horizon 2. This is really only an experiement for T10. Price will drop very very fast.

VXR

Dynamic clouds, sky, sun and shadows all confirmed

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f...0fps_choice_defended_by_playground_games.html
Ralph Fulton
"We have a real-time dynamic sky and cloud simulation, that's always changing and always evolving. On top of that we have a dynamic sun, that moves across the sky casting shadows from every object from within the world - even the cars. Finally we have atmospheric scattering, and that picks out individual particles from within the atmosphere and really deals with how light creates depth and realism within the view."

VXR
Thank you, can't wait to photomode the heck out of this game. It's pretty much all I do in FM4.

Same here man. The lighting looks much better than FM4. I wasnt satisfied with FM4's lighting to be honest.

And about the homespace shots somewhere up there. I have seen track shots that have blown away homespace shots.

Same here man. The lighting looks much better than FM4. I wasnt satisfied with FM4's lighting to be honest.

And about the homespace shots somewhere up there. I have seen track shots that have blown away homespace shots.

I am talking about the resolution of model textures and AA used in the homespace vs actual gameplay. Not the homespace vs Photomode.

Same lighting as FM4.

"...Finally we have atmospheric scattering, and that picks out individual particles from within the atmosphere and really deals with how light creates depth and realism within the view."
I thought I saw that in the E3 Gameplay videos. Great stuff.

I am guessing thats the draw distance. Many games blur the backround to help with the processing.

Wait what? Muscle cars have every right to be on a road track as much as any other car out there. Not sure if you are hating on Ford or muscle cars in general. Maybe you can clear up the confusion.

Sorry, didn't see this. I mean the open road and having junctions and sliproads and generally places to hoon about suit the muscle car much better than a confined track. They're too fun to be stuck on track all day. Muscle was built as much for the road as it was competition. I love muscle cars.

At this point, I really am bored of taking these wonderful cars around the same old laps in FM4 and it has been that way since Horizon was announced.

VXR
Sorry, didn't see this. I mean the open road and having junctions and sliproads and generally places to hoon about suit the muscle car much better than a confined track. They're too fun to be stuck on track all day. Muscle was built as much for the road as it was competition. I love muscle cars.

At this point, I really am bored of taking these wonderful cars around the same old laps in FM4 and it has been that way since Horizon was announced.
Ok makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing up the confusion. :cheers:

I think one thing is clear; just by these few reveals, 200 cars just isn't enough for this game. F4 spoiled us with a wide variety of road cars. I just love cars in general so I hate to see anything cut out.

screenshot-forza-horizon-60.jpg

Im wonderinge if its possible that we will get Matte or Matelic Stickers :)

It says Normal Colours and its possible to click RB for more options

screenshot-forza-horizon-60.jpg

Im wonderinge if its possible that we will get Matte or Matelic Stickers :)

It says Normal Colours and its possible to click RB for more options

Very interesting and much wanted possibility.

I also think having the car in a spray booth to be a nice touch. My only con is how they covered a portion of the car with the color chart.

Back