Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
or you could go for PC and play Forza + all the best sims out there like iRacing, Rfactor2, Game Stock Car Extreme, Auto Moblista, RaceRoom Racing Experience,Live for Speed, GTR series and the like.

+1

What he said. Don't waste your money on an Xbox One PorscheHD. Invest in a PC that will run the Forza games, and then you'll have access to more racing games than you'll know what to do with.

Friendly reminder (for those new to Forza) that the Ultimate Edition will most likely not contain everything that is planned for release.

Based on previous games there will be a few Car Packs after the first 6 are out, and the occasional Expansion which you'll also have to pay for.

bf3
I really doubt 1060 will be able to run it at 4K/60fps,will be very surprised if it is
FM6 apex was very well optimised so clearly t10 know what they are doing, in that game the 1060 can do 4k 60 with ease, now of course FM7 pushes things further than that but they have been talking a lot about optimisation on PC and the system requirements are very low, comparable to FM6 apex. I have faith in t10, playground games however i have almost no faith in lol.

FM6 apex was very well optimised so clearly t10 know what they are doing, in that game the 1060 can do 4k 60 with ease, now of course FM7 pushes things further than that but they have been talking a lot about optimisation on PC and the system requirements are very low, comparable to FM6 apex. I have faith in t10, playground games however i have almost no faith in lol.

1060 simply will run out of gpu memory at 4k,no matter how T10 will optimize,there is limits,as for Playground - they using same Forza engine,dont know whats with no faith in them,besides T10 and PG working togheter anyway..
My 1070 struggles in Apex at 4K/60fps (my cpu is kinda old,but thats really not the problem),so i really doubt 1060 will be able to do that.Thats why im buying 1080Ti.

3gb of course but maybe the 6gb version not :)

http://clip2net.com/s/3M5Iafx
Thats 4K with everything whats possible on low/off in Apex,which kinda looses lots of beauty.

While im sure T10 had enough data from Apex on PC to do all they can,1060 is simply dont have enough grunt to do 4K properly,and with full grid of AI cars on track,you will see what i mean ;)
Add some extra stuff-better reflections,shadows,etc and 1060 will be on its knees - i personally love play with all maxed,especially Forza as they graphics amazing for me,but make no mistake - 4K is very demanding.
Each to they own i guess :)

Last edited:
bf3
1060 simply will run out of gpu memory at 4k,no matter how T10 will optimize,there is limits,as for Playground - they using same Forza engine,dont know whats with no faith in them,besides T10 and PG working togheter anyway..
My 1070 struggles in Apex at 4K/60fps (my cpu is kinda old,but thats really not the problem),so i really doubt 1060 will be able to do that.Thats why im buying 1080Ti.
i own a GTX 1060 and with a full grid on nurburgring in the day i get 4k 70-90fps everything ultra with 4xMSAA, now on night races and rain it can drop below 60 at times, but that can be fixed with settings tweaked closer to the console versions. the 1060 demolishes apex, not sure why your 1070 doesn't.

i own a GTX 1060 and with a full grid on nurburgring in the day i get 4k 70-90fps everything ultra with 4xMSAA, now on night races and rain it can drop below 60 at times, but that can be fixed with settings tweaked closer to the console versions. the 1060 demolishes apex, not sure why your 1070 doesn't.

4K/4xMSAA 70-90fps? Why you need MSAA in 4K (just out of curiosity)

bf3
4K/4xMSAA 70-90fps?

Yup! the game looks and plays beautifully, I just wish there was more content.

settingsuxslj.jpg

paganir5sn3.jpg

ohoos5s.jpg

bf3
Why you need MSAA in 4K (just out of curiosity)
because i'm a sucker for good IQ, and as long as the FPS is above 60 it feels smooth enough to me, I have a 165hz monitor with g sync but using a pad i don't notice a huge difference with super high framerates on this game. Also i'm pretty sure FM7 on XB1X also uses 4xEQAA, at least in time trial mode.

wait wait, it is late here but did I catch you right? You mean that it is because of the gsync that he can hit 70-90 fps? really intrigued :)

Maybe he can try and run game without GSync with same options,kinda interesting if fps drops,and if,by how much

Gsync have nothing to do with fps that way, it does not rise your fps, the only thing it does is sync your monitor hz, making it feel smother.

Unfortunately Gsync is very overpriced and i rather have 40" 4K TV than much smaller overpriced Gsync monitor.Size matters in this case for me.
Im going to check why Apex acting so weird on my 1070

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_7_14_17

No news this week, or even a mention of Forza Motorsport 7 to begin with. They've been awfully quiet these past few weeks, outside of a small bit of news at Goodwood.
It's getting worse and worse by the week. After E3 there hasn't been anything new. And it's not like there was a lot of new stuff there: one new to Forza car and one new track shown.

After E3 they had the chance to keep the hype alive at Le Mans, but they didn't show anything there (perfect place to showcase a day/night cycle) and at Goodwood it was simply the GT2 RS all over again. Since then there hasn't been a word on Forza Motorsport 7 and that really kills any hype left. Right at the moment Project Cars 2 is showing everything.

And worst of all is that they haven't announced the contents of the VIP Car Pack and Day One Car Pack. I think you should know this if you pre-order. What a way to treat your community....

In comparison, by this time two years ago they had already revealed over 20 tracks for Forza Motorsport 6 and about 150 cars including two weekly reveals.

Did T10 forget that they have a game coming out in 3 months or something? What the hell is going on, this silence is starting to annoy me.
they do this **** every time i feel, well in the more recent ones anyway

was it forza 4 when they released a car a day?

Back