Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
notworried.jpg

Patience never kills guys, relax. When T10 has something new to announce, they'll let us know. I still look forward to hearing their next announcement about FM7, regardless of their silence.
Luckily I got stuff to keep me occupied while waiting, hehe. ;)

Looks like the final audio mix is being finished, hopefully the audio for FM7 is really good!

Same. Especially cars like the Skyline GT-R (R34), which have been bugging me lately.

The GT2 RS sounded really in the gameplay videos so here's hoping they nailed it! :D

bf3
Worried about racing GOTY? naaaaaahh ;) :D

That's already being awarded to NASCAR Heat 2, it's not even a competition! :P

Semi-seriously though, there are enough GOTY awards to go around, these days a game has to be truly terrible to not be GOTY. :lol:

That's already being awarded to NASCAR Heat 2, it's not even a competition! :P

Semi-seriously though, there are enough GOTY awards to go around, these days a game has to be truly terrible to not be GOTY. :lol:

Just having a dig at certain game fans ;) :P

bf3
Just having a dig at certain game fans ;) :P

Why do you think I mentioned possibly the worst* racing game of the year? :P

*I truly hope I'm wrong on this as I really want a good NASCAR focused game.

So I decided to throw myself into FM3 in an attempt to fill the time and hopefully tier up before September 29th,reacquainting myself with the 2009 Focus RS,and renewing my hatred of Sedona Raceway.:lol: it's been a fun ride so far.:)

So I decided to throw myself into FM3 in an attempt to fill the time and hopefully tier up before September 29th,reacquainting myself with the 2009 Focus RS,and renewing my hatred of Sedona Raceway.:lol: it's been a fun ride so far.:)

I've been doing a similar thing, only with FM5 (I'm a little over 1,000 from level 9) . My renewed hatred is Top Gear bowling, hopefully you can just ignore it if it's in FM7 like you can in FM6.

As for Sedona, I would be fine if it's left in the 360 generation for good. :lol:

I've been doing a similar thing, only with FM5 (I'm a little over 1,000 from level 9) . My renewed hatred is Top Gear bowling, hopefully you can just ignore it if it's in FM7 like you can in FM6.

As for Sedona, I would be fine if it's left in the 360 generation for good. :lol:
Let's hope so,I am looking forward to the modern version of Maple Valley.:) I need 927 points to get up to level 8,I hope I can do it between FM's 2 and 3.

modern version of Maple Valley..

It really is a shame it's taken so long for that track to make it's way to XB1 considering it's probably the only 100% fantasy track that's been in the Forza franchise from the beginning (FM1 had some others, but IIRC they were all inspired by real world tracks). Thankfully though the wait is almost over for Maple Valley, Mugello and Suzuka (hopefully Motegi returns as well).

It really is a shame it's taken so long for that track to make it's way to XB1 considering it's probably the only 100% fantasy track that's been in the Forza franchise from the beginning (FM1 had some others, but IIRC they were all inspired by real world tracks). Thankfully though the wait is almost over for Maple Valley, Mugello and Suzuka (hopefully Motegi returns as well).
Liked all of them,Suzuka was sorely missed,I never did like Motegi though,always preferred Tskuba to be honest.

I wrote a thing about FM7's Career Mode

It certainly does sound like they're at least trying this time, which is good. I'm mainly curious about the options we'll get for the Open Series as well as whether or not the 50 lap cap will still be present.

As far as the "big surprise" is concerned, my best guess is that there will be several Forza Edition cars that you can only get by doing certain career mode tasks more than once (or getting them in the AH for a surely ludicrous sum). Something along the lines of the infamous GT prize wheel.

One additional thing, I hope that if Affinity returns it uses the FM5 setup where you get a permanent boost instead of a 1-time bonus like FM6 (Of course if the economy is like FM6, it won't matter :lol:).

Liked all of them,Suzuka was sorely missed,I never did like Motegi though,always preferred Tskuba to be honest.

I like Motegi with muscle cars as it has plenty of long straights that let them flex their muscle once you swap out the transmission, it's like a Japanese Road America. I admittedly forgot about Tsukuba for a second there, it's a very fun track for lower performance cars.

As far as the "big surprise" is concerned, my best guess is that there will be several Forza Edition cars that you can only get by doing certain career mode tasks more than once (or getting them in the AH for a surely ludicrous sum). Something along the lines of the infamous GT prize wheel.

One additional thing, I hope that if Affinity returns it uses the FM5 setup where you get a permanent boost instead of a 1-time bonus like FM6 (Of course if the economy is like FM6, it won't matter :lol:)

Yeah thats probably a good guess.

It could also be an exclusive car.. say they bring back the DeLorean or maybe the 675LT. Could be a big surprise to have that as an exclusive career mode ending reward.

I also thought that I read somewhere that part of getting higher collection tiers involved discounts on certain manufacturers but I'm not sure

I was kind of getting worried about the car list so I had a look at my slightly out of date combined car list and it lessened my worries a little. Currently it sits at 620, but I stopped updating it around February so it's probably actually around 650 with the DLC and Forzathon cars. FM7 will have 700+ cars which means the final count will be 701-749 depending on how T10's marketing department works. So we could have anywhere between 50-99 new cars (presuming none get cut), with more possibly being added via Forzathon/rivals in the base game. Of course 50-99 new cars doesn't sound like much, but if they add the right cars it won't seem to bad.

say they bring back the DeLorean or maybe the 675LT. Could be a big surprise to have that as an exclusive career mode ending reward.

Not sure that I would want the DeLorean to be the final prize car, but I would find it rather humorous if they made it the prize car you get the first time you repeat a championship after the first play through. :lol:

I also thought that I read somewhere that part of getting higher collection tiers involved discounts on certain manufacturers but I'm not sure

Fairly certain I heard something along those lines as well. I was more referencing how in FM5 it gives you a payout bonus depending on how high your affinity is with that brand.

I was kind of getting worried about the car list so I had a look at my slightly out of date combined car list and it lessened my worries a little. Currently it sits at 620, but I stopped updating it around February so it's probably actually around 650 with the DLC and Forzathon cars. FM7 will have 700+ cars which means the final count will be 701-749 depending on how T10's marketing department works. So we could have anywhere between 50-99 new cars (presuming none get cut), with more possibly being added via Forzathon/rivals in the base game. Of course 50-99 new cars doesn't sound like much, but if they add the right cars it won't seem to bad.

Not sure that I would want the DeLorean to be the final prize car, but I would find it rather humorous if they made it the prize car you get the first time you repeat a championship after the first play through. :lol:

Fairly certain I heard something along those lines as well. I was more referencing how in FM5 it gives you a payout bonus depending on how high your affinity is with that brand.
Based on turn10s history I think it's safe to assume they cut some cars. How many? We don't know yet but if I had a guess based on the amount of cars between forza 6 and 7, I'm gonna say maybe 40-50 cars were cut which would open up some space for well over 100 new cars and older forza title cars being added which to me is a fair amount.

Based on turn10s history I think it's safe to assume they cut some cars. How many? We don't know yet but if I had a guess based on the amount of cars between forza 6 and 7, I'm gonna say maybe 40-50 cars were cut which would open up some space for well over 100 new cars and older forza title cars being added which to me is a fair amount.

At least we know there is a decent chance of the more popular cut cars making a return post launch. I wouldn't be surprised if they held back a few popular cars purely to get people into forzathon.

Im Tier 10 and need 1.604 points to tier 11 :(
I hate drifting - no matter game - so im usually missing on those achievements,so i have something to do til lFM7.
Also started FM3,FM4 from start with new accounts - im so in love with those game,feels nostalgic in a way.
As for tracks from previous FM's - i want Camino Viejo

Last edited:
I'd need to play Forza Motorsport 5 in order to up my Tier level. How quickly can one blast through that game's Achievements?

I'd need to play Forza Motorsport 5 in order to up my Tier level. How quickly can one blast through that game's Achievements?

Quite quickly, even though some are hard if you plan to go 100%, like these ones:
  • Reach Affinity level 25 with 8 car manufacturers.
  • Earn 30,000 credits from the community using your designs.
  • Earn 30,000 credits from the community using your tune setups.
Can be a bit time consuming, but the main ones shouldn't be a problem.

Is it still possible to rank up the Tier in the Forza 1-4 games? If so, I have to find a cheap X360. :P

I have top tier right now, but could still get a few more points in Forza 1-4. Specially Forza 2 and 3.

Is it still possible to rank up the Tier in the Forza 1-4 games? If so, I have to find a cheap X360. :P

I have top tier right now, but could still get a few more points in Forza 1-4. Specially Forza 2 and 3.
I think you can in Forza 4, but not sure about earlier games

I think you can in Forza 4, but not sure about earlier games

Both FM2 & 3 are listed on rewards so you should be able to still. Granted neither award many points, FM2 only has 500 depending on gamerscore and FM3 has 1,000 based on the usual stats. It's a shame they didn't do the gamerscore thing with FM1 as well.

The list of games which count to your Forza score is:
FM2, FM3, FM4, FH1, FH2-Fast&Furious, FM5, FH2, FM6, FM6-Apex, FH3.
You need at least some DLC in every case except FM2 and Apex to complete the Forza Score. And of course FM6 Apex is a free-to-play game on the PC which requires you to be running Windows 10.

I have one person on my friends list who has the maximum 19,000 Forza Score. Zoiks! :)

The list of games which count to your Forza score is:
FM2, FM3, FM4, FH1, FH2-Fast&Furious, FM5, FH2, FM6, FM6-Apex, FH3.
You need at least some DLC in every case except FM2 and Apex to complete the Forza Score. And of course FM6 Apex is a free-to-play game on the PC which requires you to be running Windows 10.

I have one person on my friends list who has the maximum 19,000 Forza Score. Zoiks! :)
I've got 18,018 score at the moment.

Missing 66 points in Forza 4, 266 in Forza 3 and 500 in Forza 2.
On top of that I miss 150 points in Forza Horizon 1, but those are 3/6 tokens purchased, and it's not possible to buy tokens on the backwards compatible edition on Xbox One. As far as I know.

Back