Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
So I decided to cancel GT Sport,mostly based on the reveal (and what's left of it),back on topic,I was racing on Kaido last night and Rally Positano too in FM3 and would gladly have them back.:)

And I'm part of the cult that never wants to see those again, ever.

And based on the videos I've seen, I'm going to feel the same way about the new Dubai track. The fantasy tracks, save for Maple Valley and Sunset Peninsula (but then we don't really need that one anymore because Daytona and Homestead), are pretty much the worst thing about Forza IMO.

I liked Alpine Ring from Forza 1.

I wouldn't mind Alpine Ring (Spa) and Blue Mountain (Bathurst) making returns even though we have their inspirations in the game.

That seems to be the key for T10, in order to make a good fantasy track, they need inspiration. Maple Valley always struck me as being inspired by GT and I've mentioned the other 2 (plus Sunset which is Daytona with Homestead's road course).

Wouldn't you rather they add more rim choices, varying exhaust mufflers that change the car's look and sound after upgrades, rear diffusers (from FM2) and heck, a soundtrack similar to FM2? I also hope they are not recycling too many tracks from previous games cos' I'm a bit weary of racing RA, Laguna, Sebring, R.Atlanta, Indiniannapolis etc. over and over again. But I suppose it's an American franchise, so there will be mostly American tracks.

I wonder why they are so hesitant to bring back cult classics like Kaido, Camino extreme layout and Rally Positano full.

As @Northstar said, it's likely that the effort needed to bring any of those very long fantasy tracks back was deemed too much.

What do you mean by recycling tracks? Having them untouched, or having them included at all? I think you'll find most people would be pretty annoyed if tracks were cut for no other reason than that they're familiar.

I wonder how many more tracks are coming, and I wonder if they're real or fantasy. It's cool that Maple Valley is back, but I'd like to see some more European tracks. I know they're in PCARS2 already, but Cadwell/Oulton/Donington would be great additions. Anglesey would be an inspired choice too. It's pretty, but not quite as pretty as Argentina's Potrero de los Funes circuit.

upload_2017-7-20_22-46-55.png

upload_2017-7-20_22-47-13.png

If it's more American tracks, Barber Motorsport Park is just as challenging as it is picturesque. That'd be my first vote, if the team wouldn't consider Mont-Tremblant. Since I maintain FH4 should be set in Western Canada, perhaps they can add the latest track from there — Area 27:

It's not much to look at, but the layout looks fun!

Wouldn't you rather they add more rim choices, varying exhaust mufflers that change the car's look and sound after upgrades, rear diffusers (from FM2) and heck, a soundtrack similar to FM2? I also hope they are not recycling too many tracks from previous games cos' I'm a bit weary of racing RA, Laguna, Sebring, R.Atlanta, Indiniannapolis etc. over and over again. But I suppose it's an American franchise, so there will be mostly American tracks.

I wonder why they are so hesitant to bring back cult classics like Kaido, Camino extreme layout and Rally Positano full.
I don't know why they ever moved away from this nice little detail. Adding camshafts and removing weight definitely changed the tune of a few cars like the C6 Grand Sport or Mk. IV Supra in FM4; sounded ferocious. 👍

Why the hate for Fujimi Kaido and
Rally Positano? They have the kind of roads I want to see in Horizon.
That would be interesting to see the actual layouts of these roads implemented into a part of the open-world of Horizon. They can just redo the track side to fit better into the locales in the game.

I think both tracks are fun to drive on, but make terrible race tracks. They would both be much more suited for Horizon.

I think racing on them can work, as long as the car choices are reasonable. Nothing ridiculous like LMPs on Fujimi, which Forza 3 did. :ill:

I think racing on them can work, as long as the car choices are reasonable. Nothing ridiculous like LMPs on Fujimi, which Forza 3 did. :ill:

Fujimi doesn't have enough long straights to really be any fun as it's nearly impossible to pass cleanly. I can't really comment on Positano as my time with FM3 was limited.

Having said that, if we can do online track days like in GT I would love to see both tracks return as they would be a blast for that sort of thing.

Rally Positano? They have the kind of roads I want to see in Horizon.
Rally Positano had hate? I never knew this. 0_0 I really liked that track despite it sometimes being a pain with fast cars. lol!

I wish it can make a come back though. Definitely a perfect place for rally racing and cars with high accel, because of the multiple corners it consists. If it came back, I wouldn't want dirt tracks ever (unless T10 was to add them soneday of course :D).

Rally Positano?
I just personally never enjoyed Fujimi Kaido as I felt it didn't have a good flow to it. It felt like I was streaming just from harpin to harpin, so I spent most of my time braking. It's also never been fun to race on for me and online events were a disaster. The only thing I liked at most was the scenery.

I really hope they sorted out the divisions in freeplay mode and added some more. It was mad annoying having DP cars race against group C cars just because they were considered " endurance prototypes". We need real divisions like group C, daytona prototypes, GT1, GTE, GT4, European sports sedans, American sports cars, pre war grand prix cars...etc. Also hope they give us the ability to race cars against each other from our garage. It may be far fetched but I think it's a great idea.

Moving this out of the car list thread...

FH3 ran like garbage at launch, it runs MUCH better now. and Forza 6 apex runs amazingly well, very well optimised game so i expected FM7 to be too.

But it's not going to suddenly look miles better than the base XB1 version, which only looks slightly worse than the cheapo-PC build in that video I posted.

PC gaming seems very much like a "go big or go home" type of deal. If you can afford to drop $1,000 on a PC than you'll certainly see the benefits. But trying to build one in the same price range as a console seems like a losing proposition, especially now that console prices are falling due to it being the middle of the generation.

Moving this out of the car list thread...

But it's not going to suddenly look miles better than the base XB1 version, which only looks slightly worse than the cheapo-PC build in that video I posted.

PC gaming seems very much like a "go big or go home" type of deal. If you can afford to drop $1,000 on a PC than you'll certainly see the benefits. But trying to build one in the same price range as a console seems like a losing proposition, especially now that console prices are falling due to it being the middle of the generation.
I agree with that, I was just saying instead of getting an Xbox maybe get a PC because many of the best sim racing games are PC exclusive, and he could also play Forza there too now.

I don't know why they ever moved away from this nice little detail. Adding camshafts and removing weight definitely changed the tune of a few cars like the C6 Grand Sport or Mk. IV Supra in FM4; sounded ferocious. 👍

Wasn't the new system they tested with FH3 (with mixed results, mostly stemming from a much reduced samples collection size) designed specifically to allow easy implementation of such sound changes? Fingers crossed!

Wasn't the new system they tested with FH3 (with mixed results, mostly stemming from a much reduced samples collection size) designed specifically to allow easy implementation of such sound changes? Fingers crossed!

That's exactly why many cars sounded like a copy/paste of each other or otherwise very similar notes if they had the same engine type/configuration. There's a thread I checked out recently in the Horizon 3 section on Forza.net, titled "Valiant Sound". This new sound model supposedly introduced more issues than innovation, and as far as I can tell, there's still no change to a car's notes and audio character after upgrading it.

This is being broadcast tonight in case anyone's around.

Edit: No news came from this, just had people playing the E3 build over and over.

Best official stream ever.

*Language, kiddies

For those curious, these are the same.

If you're after new information about the game, you won't find any in this video.

If you want to see some shenanigans while various people try to play Forza, go right on ahead ;)

Back