Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata
My heart can't contain the excitement!!! :D:tup:
Yeah, also nice to see them bringing some old cars back, like the Starion, the Legacy and the G35. Was expecting to see a few race cars on that list, but I think they must be keeping them for another reveal. Good stuff, nonetheless.

They only revaled one Toyota. Interesting.
It's strange, because It's not on this list: https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_forza_garage_week_3
Maybe they were planning to reveal the Toyota lineup during another week and the Xbox website just put in there by mistake.

Last edited:
There's not a single new car in there... I'm starting to think they're gonna pull a GT5 on us and use the old cars as filler. :indiff:

However, they did announce that we're FINALLY getting new wheels and more bodykit options, which is always nice.
I don't think we will see a ton of new cars in these monthly reveals, I think most of them will be the new additions from FH3, and the regulars from Fm6, or maybe some here and there from previous forzas.

Some people won't like to hear this, but I love it because it's one of my favorite things about Forza.
I think any new mindblowing additions to the game, will probably be saved for the monthly Car Packs.

I do hope there are some genuinely new cars coming. I've found the even-numbered games far more enjoyable than the odd (FM4 and FM6 being my favourites). FM5 suffered from a whole lot of blatant recycling — while it's good to see old favourites returning to the fold, there needs to be a balance. The DLC in FM6 was just stellar, with almost every single pack bringing nothing but new-to-franchise models (the weak link being the Top Gear pack).

If all the new models are being saved for DLC, because T10 knows it no longer has any competition in terms of huge car lists, well, that's super disappointing.

I do hope there are some genuinely new cars coming. I've found the even-numbered games far more enjoyable than the odd (FM4 and FM6 being my favourites). FM5 suffered from a whole lot of blatant recycling — while it's good to see old favourites returning to the fold, there needs to be a balance. The DLC in FM6 was just stellar, with almost every single pack bringing nothing but new-to-franchise models (the weak link being the Top Gear pack).

If all the new models are being saved for DLC, because T10 knows it no longer has any competition in terms of huge car lists, well, that's super disappointing.
I'm hoping we see some too. I didn't mean for it to sound like I hope they are saving them for the car packs, because that's not the case at all. It's just what I think will, or is, happening.

Also, it might be the case that we'll see more new cars as we get closer to release date. They may just be releasing the obvious ones now.

Another thing to note, no race cars mentioned this week either.

I suspect they're being held back for a different reveal (a "race week" so to speak) later on.

Same with Toyota though you'd suspect with JDM being the theme this week that we'd see more Toyotas.

Another thing to note, no race cars mentioned this week either.

I suspect they're being held back for a different reveal (a "race week" so to speak) later on.

Same with Toyota though you'd suspect with JDM being the theme this week that we'd see more Toyotas.

Judging by the sheer amount shown every week, we could be almost done by the end of August. Perhaps future reveals will be smaller? Toyota could even get its own dedicated one perhaps — with autoshow season kicking off in the fall, a reveal of the BMW/Toyota collaboration could play right into that.

So my hopes for a Toyota 7 isn't dead yet! :lol:
Yeah that nice can am would be a perfect addition and would go well with the Nissan r382 for a Japanese style classic prototype race. Side note, don't lose hope guys they are obviously holding Toyota back and there's still about 400 cars left to be revealed. Plus it looks like each reveal is between 60 and 80 cars on average so there's plenty of weeks left.

Not going to believe this until MS or T10 themselves release something saying Toyota is out. I can't think of any reason why Toyota production vehicle would be out, while race cars made it in.

A part of me is skeptical too but it would explain why there's only one Toyota revealed.

A part of me is skeptical too but it would explain why there's only one Toyota revealed.
I thought a possible reason behind that was a Toyota/Lexus centred reveal at some point, but it would really suck if the Hilux was the only production Toyota

Not going to believe this until MS or T10 themselves release something saying Toyota is out. I can't think of any reason why Toyota production vehicle would be out, while race cars made it in.

Easy. Often, race vehicles are licensed differently (and by different groups) than production vehicles. Like BMW Motorsport in FM1/FM2. T10 simply couldn't get the license for the Toyota/Lexus production group this time around.

It seems really odd indeed. The Corolla was an FM6 DLC car, and that game also got a bunch of new-ish Lexus models.

It'd be really disappointed if this covers Lexus too. It's pretty much the only game I expected to see the new LC in. :(

I'll wait for an official confirmation on this, but if this is indeed true, my only question is why does this only happen to Forza?

Why does every other major racing game have all the main big manufacturers plus they keep adding new ones, but Forza starts losing them without any reason?

I can't think of a single logical explanation for this, like do Microsoft and T10 don't give a damn anymore or something?

I don't wanna believe this because how can a current day triple A racing game not have Toyota in its car lineup, especially one as big as Forza 7.

I'll wait for an official confirmation on this, but if this is indeed true, my only question is why does this only happen to Forza?

Why does every other major racing game have all the main big manufacturers plus they keep adding new ones, but Forza starts losing them without any reason?

I can't think of a single logical explanation for this, like do Microsoft and T10 don't give a damn anymore or something?

I don't wanna believe this because how can a current day triple A racing game not have Toyota in its car lineup, especially one as big as Forza 7.

Why only Forza? Cause they're the only game with many manufacturers (90+) and many cars (700+).. something has to give.

Unfortunately we'll never know truly what has happened as the world of licensing is a weird and complex place but I'd have a guess at something money related. Perhaps the licensing cost for Toyota went up and became out of budget for T10?

It would be fascinating to know how Forza licence their cars. There was the issue with VW last year but this scenario seems to be even more weird considering Toyota is only allowing their race cars to be represented in-game.

I really don't want to believe Sony/PD is moneyhatting Toyota, after Turn 10 basically said they don't believe in that practice, since it's basically anti-consumer. However, if true, then they should start making Ferrari and other manufacturers exclusive in retaliation.

Why only Forza? Cause they're the only game with many manufacturers (90+) and many cars (700+).. something has to give.

Unfortunately we'll never know truly what has happened as the world of licensing is a weird and complex place but I'd have a guess at something money related. Perhaps the licensing cost for Toyota went up and became out of budget for T10?

How can money be the answer for a lost license in Forza when it is a game made by Microsoft, a company that could buy an entire country if they wanted to?

If they couldn't be bothered putting out some extra cash for a license of one of the biggest car makers for their first party racing game, I'd be lost for words...

How can money be the answer for a lost license in Forza when it is a game made by Microsoft, a company that could buy an entire country if they wanted to?

If they couldn't be bothered putting out some extra cash for a license of one of the biggest car makers for their first party racing game, I'd be lost for words.

How could not giving a damn be the answer, when they obviously tried to get some cars from Toyota in there? The simple answer is we literally don't have any clue, whatsoever.

Welp, that sucks for Toyota, but let's see the good in it. That means there's more place for new-to-franchise or 360-returning cars.

I hope it doesn't mean we're going to miss out on the BR-Z tho.

If they couldn't be bothered putting out some extra cash for a license of one of the biggest car makers for their first party racing game, I'd be lost for words...

You know what a budget is.. right?

Just because T10 is owned by MS, doesn't mean they don't have to adhere to a strict budget for each game. This is a business after all. The games have to be profitable.

Licensing costs I imagine were already through the roof for this game anyway w/700 cars from 90 manufacturers. So if Toyota did increase the cost substantially, there could easily be a situation where T10 no longer thought they'd be viable for the game.

It could also be a brand relations issue. The point is we'll never know what went wrong. Just like FH3 & VW. But the pattern I'm seeing is the more cars/manufacturers you try to cram in there, the more stuff that can go wrong.

Last edited:
Back