Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
This is the paragraph which confirms the Toyota news:

Because we focused on Japanese cars this week, many of you noticed that Toyota was not included in the list. As you know, Forza Motorsport 7 will feature more than 700 cars at launch and our team is constantly working to license the vehicles that fans want to play. Unfortunately it isn’t always possible to align the interests of fans and the interests of our manufacturing partners. As a result, production Toyota vehicles are not represented in Forza 7. We’re as disappointed as you are about this news and, while we hope to bring Toyota production vehicles back to Forza games in the future, it is worth noting that a small number of Toyota race cars will be included in the game. Look for that list in a future edition of the Forza Garage.

Small number paints an ominous picture. Not only does "small number" suggest we won't be seeing new Toyota race cars, some of the models present in FM6 could face the chopping block.

This is the paragraph which confirms the Toyota news:

Small number paints an ominous picture. Not only does "small number" suggest we won't be seeing new Toyota race cars, some of the models present in FM6 could face the chopping block.

Eh, it's not too bad:

1999 #3 Toyota Motorsports GT-ONE TS020
2014 #8 Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID [January Polo Red Car Pack DLC]
2014 #11 Handy Motorsport Avensis
2014 #12 Rebellion Racing R-One [October Logitech G Car Pack DLC]
2014 #20 United Autosports Avensis
2014 #80 Speedworks Motorsport Avensis
2016 #11 Joe Gibbs Racing FedEx Express Camry [NASCAR Expansion Pack DLC]
2016 #18 Joe Gibbs Racing Interstate Batteries Camry [NASCAR Expansion Pack DLC]
2016 #18 Joe Gibbs Racing M&M's Camry [NASCAR Expansion Pack DLC]
2016 #19 Joe Gibbs Racing ARRIS Camry [NASCAR Expansion Pack DLC]
2016 #19 Joe Gibbs Racing Stanley Camry [NASCAR Expansion Pack DLC]
2016 #19 Joe Gibbs Racing Subway Camry [NASCAR Expansion Pack DLC]
2016 #20 Joe Gibbs Racing DEWALT Camry [NASCAR Expansion Pack DLC]

Remove the dupes, and you're left with five cars, or less than 1% of FM7's total. Qualifies as "small" to me. :P

Well, this is definitely bad since I expected for the race department to be untouched, but I guess not...

As long as the TS040, the Avensis BTCC and the NASCARS remain, I'll be happy as it's the best we can have.

As for the road cars, I'm honestly more saddened by the loss of Lexus as that means no LFA, ISF and RCF :(

Unfortunately it isn’t always possible to align the interests of fans and the interests of our manufacturing partners. As a result, production Toyota vehicles are not represented in Forza 7.

Terrible PR right there. Let's make friends with our Forza fans so Toyota can look like stubborn fools giving everyone the middle finger. :banghead:

I fail to see how that's terrible PR

No wonder everyone is now placing the blame after it has been communicated as a conflict of interests between Forza fans and Toyota. Most likely the truth, but why not just say that they couldn't reach an agreement?

No wonder everyone is now placing the blame after it has been communicated as a conflict of interests between Forza fans and Toyota. Most likely the truth, but why not just say that they couldn't reach an agreement?
I like the statement. It makes it clear that T10 is willing and are open to it.
I would make sure to say the same thing.
Read the hatred, T10 was getting flacked within an hour of the release.

Why should they take the blame for Toyota pulling out?

The official statement doesn't mention Lexus at all, nor does refer to ToMoCo, just "Toyota". While I don't think we'll ever hear of the Scion tC again, I am still hopeful we may see Lexus cars return after all.

Because considering a) the economic resources available to T10 and b) the license agreements they managed to pull of without a hitch (ie. Rolls Royce, Suzuka), I think it's fair to assume it is Toyota's fault and including their production cars on the game would've either required excessive compromise, or wasn't even an option.

_

xXTheOEXx
Ok the Problem is that Toyota doesn't want their cars being modified in games anymore. The content manager on PC2 seemed to have told it at an event on the Nürburgring. That means GT Sport and PC2 will get those cars because there aren't any modifications. NFS will have the same fate as Forza. [...]

Interesting. Could this be the reason? Would explain why some games (pCars, Gran Turismo) get Toyota cars, and some don't. Although pC2 is set to feature a RB-fied 86, and GTS will apparently have after-market rims as an option...

Last edited:
I like the statement. It makes it clear that T10 is willing and are open to it.
I would make sure to say the same thing.
Read the hatred, T10 was getting flacked within an hour of the release.

Why should they take the blame for Toyota pulling out?

I didn't say Turn 10 should take the blame. My point was that Turn 10 shouldn't try to point out the bad guy.

Because considering a) the economic resources available to T10 and b) the license agreements they managed to pull of without a hitch (ie. Rolls Royce, Suzuka), I think it's fair to assume it is Toyota's fault and including their production cars on the game would've either required excessive compromise, or wasn't even an option.

I don't see how those two reasons justify giving everyone the impression that Toyota has funny priorities. Again, perhaps true, but just say an agreement couldn't be reached between both parties. Keep in mind that Turn 10 hopes to bring back Toyota in the future, so I'd avoid giving the community any grumpy hints if I were them.

That actually seems like a generic statement I hear whenever there are contract issues. I think anyone trying to dissect blame or reasoning from it is looking too far into it.

That actually seems like a generic statement I hear whenever there are contract issues. I think anyone trying to dissect blame or reasoning from it is looking too far into it.

I won't deny that my interpretation of it is blurred by frustration. But nearly every Forza player seems to hate Toyota after this, so not exactly ideal.

I won't deny that my interpretation of it is blurred by frustration. But nearly every Forza player seems to hate Toyota after this, so not exactly ideal.
Just like EA when they locked Porsche.

It is what it is. If you're going to pull (edit: ANY) cars from video games, the video game players won't be happy with you.

We like our toys, take them and we get upset. Doesn't matter who you are, dev or manufacturer.

I'm going to skip out on FM7 after experience with FM6. Turn 10's tire physics are horrible.. just horrible.

I'm confused, have you played FM6 in the last month or something?

Well, that shows how long it has been since I've been actively interested in this franchise. The last Forza game I purchased was FM4, for perspective.

I'm not going to say the tire physics are great, but they're not horrible either.

I don't see how those two reasons justify giving everyone the impression that Toyota has funny priorities. Again, perhaps true, but just say an agreement couldn't be reached between both parties. Keep in mind that Turn 10 hopes to bring back Toyota in the future, so I'd avoid giving the community any grumpy hints if I were them.

Oh, no, I'm not saying that those two reasons justify T10's behavior. Those two reasons are leading me to believe the current situation can be blamed on Toyota. And if that's the case, T10 is well within their rights to shift the blame that was being very aggressively put on them, on the responsible party, and I think we can both agree it wouldn't be a dishonest thing to do. The idea that the majority of the community would've been content with a vague "we couldn't reach an agreement" is quite naive: it was either getting the ****, or letting someone else get it. All in all, I'd say that T10's statement - not directly putting the blame on ToMoCo, but giving enough "suggestion" to shift away the community's aggro from them (and avoiding most of the potential damage) - is brilliant.

(Besides, T10's livelihood depends on the community's disposition towards them far more than Toyota's - which can probably sustain themselves with their sales of taxis and service vehicles alone)

Well, that shows how long it has been since I've been actively interested in this franchise. The last Forza game I purchased was FM4, for perspective.

I'm going to skip out on FM7 after experience with FM6. Turn 10's tire physics are horrible.. just horrible.

...are you people going to realize that what you say on the internet stays there forever, at some point in the future? Possibly within my lifetime? :lol:

As for FM6's tire model - it can definitely be improved, but all the important parameters are simulated, and the Forzatech engine does quite a good job of it. Of course, some things (like tire wear and telemetry) are brutally simplistic, and it's really hard to appreciate it if you're playing through a wheel and the game's horrible FFB (which however has apparently been more than fixed now).

Except if you tried FM6 from a friend, your last posts make no ****ing sense.
I have played FM6 extensively, and I've purchased it just recently for my own having.

It doesn't make sense to move along with trying to pick apart a post I've made, especially with the extra poke saying that I've "just watched a review on YouTube", or some lame jab to try to expose me, or whatever the agenda was with that post.

I have played FM6 extensively, and I've purchased it just recently for my own having.

It doesn't make sense to move along with trying to pick apart a post I've made, especially with the extra poke saying that I've "just watched a review on YouTube", or some lame jab to try to expose me, or whatever the agenda was with that post.
Broski, that was me. I am happy to suggest it again.
You directly said you haven't played a Forza game since FM4 8 days ago, now you're claiming you own and played FM6 extensively?
So which is the lie? Yes, it's a lie. You didn't accidentally say either, and they can't both be true.

Everyone is guessing you never played a Forza game since FM4, if you clarify, we will know for sure.

So which is the lie? Yes, it's a lie. You didn't accidentally say either, and they can't both be true.
I really don't have to clarify much, as it is here in plain text.

During the time FM6 has been out, I have played it for numerous hours on systems that aren't mine. Where did I say that I haven't played a FM game since the 4th version?

This is my last post here because it's an absolute waste of my time to even bother posting here any further. I suggest you stop reaching because your arms will eventually get tired.

And next time you post, why not post something that isn't capable of setting the tone of an entire conversation? @Northstar asked a question and followed it with a comment on my opinion on the physics, why couldn't have you?

I really don't have to clarify much, as it is here in plain text.

During the time FM6 has been out, I have played it for numerous hours on systems that aren't mine. Where did I say that I haven't played a FM game since the 4th version?

This is my last post here because it's an absolute waste of my time to even bother posting here any further. I suggest you stop reaching because your arms will eventually get tired.

And next time you post, why not post something that isn't capable of setting the tone of an entire conversation? @Northstar asked a question and followed it with a comment on my opinion on the physics, why couldn't have you?
Ok, so the last game you purchased was FM4, as of 8 days ago. In the meantime, you had already played FM6 extensively, but chose to leave that out, leaving any sane reader to believe you haven't played FM6 or 5 at all.

Then, you bought FM6, which you already knew you hated, from extensive play, but bought it anyway.
Then proceeded to go back online and state what garbage FM6 is, despite having chosen to purchase it after "extensive play".

Don't try to play the victim.
Leaving the site or forum will only make it look like you're embarrassed you got caught.

It is people like you that make forums an absolute dread to post on due to the inflammatory attitude that you have.

I'm going to lay it out clearly for you; I don't have any interest in respond in this thread, but I am not got to stand having some fool trying to attack me for an opinion that I have for a game. It's clear that you're an enthusiast for Forza titles, which I can tell from your signature. Anyways, don't let that get in the way of rational posting.

THAT post does not say that I haven't played a FM game since FM4, it says that I haven't been truly interested in the franchise or purchasing a FM game since FM4. I have played FM5 a small amount, and I have played FM6 quite a bit more than FM5, but less than FM4. Additionally, that post was made June 28th which is roughly a month ago, not the "8 days" that you extensively push. I purchased FM6 during the massive XBL sale in early July (Yes, @Northstar, I have owned FM6 as of a month ago and I've played it well before then), which it came with all the expansions, including Porsche; I haven't driven a Porsche in a FM game since FM3, so I decided to buy it despite my problem(s) with the game.

Where did I state that "FM6 is garbage"? Does my opinion of the physics being horrible instantly make that my opinion of the entire game? That is the point that you're communicating, but it seems a bit extreme, no?

It seems that you're so caught up in proving me to be some forum troll that you haven't sat down to do the math that you're wrong with. If you're going to base your entire crusade against me on the days since the post that I made in June 28th, you should definitely consider getting that right first.

Just for a reminder, it is August 5th.

Why should I give a damn about "looking embarrassed"? YOU should be the one that is embarrassed due to the way you have acted, especially considering you have come at me with a troth of ******** that isn't accurate in your court.

"Play the new Gran Turismo, it's called "Forza"." I guess you think I'm some undercover GT enthusiast, right?

I'm done here, Broski.

It is people like you that make forums an absolute dread to post on due to the inflammatory attitude that you have.

I'm going to lay it out clearly for you; I don't have any interest in respond in this thread, but I am not got to stand having some fool trying to attack me for an opinion that I have for a game. It's clear that you're an enthusiast for Forza titles, which I can tell from your signature. Anyways, don't let that get in the way of rational posting.

THAT post does not say that I haven't played a FM game since FM4, it says that I haven't been truly interested in the franchise or purchasing a FM game since FM4. I have played FM5 a small amount, and I have played FM6 quite a bit more than FM5, but less than FM4. Additionally, that post was made June 28th which is roughly a month ago, not the "8 days" that you extensively push. I purchased FM6 during the massive XBL sale in early July (Yes, @Northstar, I have owned FM6 as of a month ago and I've played it well before then), which it came with all the expansions, including Porsche; I haven't driven a Porsche in a FM game since FM3, so I decided to buy it despite my problem(s) with the game.

Where did I state that "FM6 is garbage"? Does my opinion of the physics being horrible instantly make that my opinion of the entire game? That is the point that you're communicating, but it seems a bit extreme, no?

It seems that you're so caught up in proving me to be some forum troll that you haven't sat down to do the math that you're wrong with. If you're going to base your entire crusade against me on the days since the post that I made in June 28th, you should definitely consider getting that right first.

Just for a reminder, it is August 5th.

Why should I give a damn about "looking embarrassed"? YOU should be the one that is embarrassed due to the way you have acted, especially considering you have come at me with a troth of ******** that isn't accurate in your court.

"Play the new Gran Turismo, it's called "Forza"." I guess you think I'm some undercover GT enthusiast, right?

I'm done here, Broski.
So 8 days ago you lied when you said you hadn't gotten any FM games or had any interest since FM4. (I think you're lying now, and haven't played FM6)
The rest is jibberish to play the victim. Didn't read any of it.

It's frankly amazing how many times you're insisting on repeating this error.

There are some basic reading comprehension issues at play here — ones you actively seem to be cultivating when you admit to not even reading all of the posts you're arguing against. That really doesn't help your argument, whatever it is.

Back