Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Well, this escalated quickly.

But hey, I've learned to not leave info out when saying things, because it does make it look like you're lying. People have no way of proving you are telling the truth unless you present all facts up front.

It's he/she say at this point.

What the **** does this have to do with anything in my recent post?

Oh, mine was a tounge-in-cheek - and I only realize now, quite unfair, I'm very sorry for that - comment. I just thought your two statements put together sounded funny, and you only added some much-needed context (i.e. that you've bought FM6 after making that comment, and put some hours behind it) afterwards. Afraid someone took it a bit more (and a tad too much) seriously and assumed it's sufficient reason to ignore your argument.

My objection on your evaluation of Forza's tire model still stands (although I realize that ultimately it's no objection at all, one can look at Forza's tire model, see the same flaws that I see and say "it sucks". Harsh, but heh, everybody has their standards?).

I purchased FM6 during the massive XBL sale in early July (Yes, @Northstar, I have owned FM6 as of a month ago and I've played it well before then), which it came with all the expansions, including Porsche; I haven't driven a Porsche in a FM game since FM3, so I decided to buy it despite my problem(s) with the game.

Thanks for clarifying, it definitely adds weight to your original statement. 👍

1494944875754.png

It's frankly amazing how many times you're insisting on repeating this error.

There are some basic reading comprehension issues at play here — ones you actively seem to be cultivating when you admit to not even reading all of the posts you're arguing against. That really doesn't help your argument, whatever it is.
Because it isn't possible to have never purchased or had any interest in a game as of July 28th, yet also have played said game extensively and purchased it in early July.
EDIT: I should clarify "without a time traveling device", which as far as I am aware, does not exist.

I can't believe I have to explain that, but it seems some people on GTP will believe whatever they're told sometimes.

It's ok, if people are calling it legitimate, I won't bring it up again. :)

Last edited:
Wow, and you're still doing it.

Go on, point to the post from July 28 you keep talking about.
I apologize, my lazy eyes got the best of me.

Of course, I've re-read it all, and it still sounds like backtracking and fiction, but I digress. He's owned it and played it extensively.

Can we move on please...

Gamescom is just over 2 weeks away, and there's a lot that Microsoft could reveal at that event:

• Pre-order/VIP car pack details.
  • Forza Loyalty Rewards items and requirements.
  • More detailed information on the game's new levelling/reward system (they stated back at E3 that this would be revealed at Gamescom).
  • More detailed information about Multiplayer.
  • More detailed information about Community features.
  • More detailed information about the Single Player Campaign.
Also, if previous years are anything to go by we should expect to see footage of the "behind closed doors" presentation get out there as well. This typically gives us our first full look at the menus and the game's key features.

Im interested to see a new carrier mode and how this new "car collecting" reward system works. Dan said in interviews that the guy behind pokemon game developing this system. I imagine It should be addictive. Also im wondering what's up with the card modifiers.

Last edited:
Could either be a very consistent, or very disappointing reveal - the proximity of Gamescom may be a strong factor in the next two reveals. I'm ready to bet next week will be all about that German Pferdestärken; this week could feature a choice of racecars, perhaps? Expect additional Porsches to appear now, if there will be any.

My guess for this week: America, 🤬 yeah.

Gamescom's press day is two weeks from tomorrow. I would not be surprised if the German reveal is that day, to really capitalize.

I just hope we finally see some new cars that are actually new.
I agree. On one big hand I will be disappointed if this game has less then 50 new to forza cars on release since I know they are bringing back a lot of older title cars but then we could look forward to dlc featuring all new cars like what forza 6 did.

I just hope we finally see some new cars that are actually new.

Ditto. And not just some new "new" cars like the Fiat 124 and Alfa Guilia just to name those two, but some old "new" cars as well, like oh, I don't know a 205 GTi or a Rover SD1... Considering how little car content the other games will have (though PC2 is much more varied than GT:S), it's time to hit it out of the ballpark.

They could probably do that with Super Touring cars. I think AC is the only console game with the Primera.

Looking down through the years, I see the C5 Corvette seemed to be the only generation not to have a ZR1 variant. Why is that?
Because I don't know, Chevy decided to not to make one for that generation....lol

Anyone believes Forza 7 will run at 4k 60fps? When I saw that in the presentation I started lol'ing. To me the video demonstration looked like running at 30 fps at most with frame drops included

Looking down through the years, I see the C5 Corvette seemed to be the only generation not to have a ZR1 variant. Why is that?
Neither did the C1 or C2, and the C3 only sold less than 100. For the C5, I'm guessing because they brought back the Z06 moniker they didn't go with ZR1.

Last edited:
Anyone believes Forza 7 will run at 4k 60fps? When I saw that in the presentation I started lol'ing. To me the video demonstration looked like running at 30 fps at most with frame drops included

So you're basing it off a video you watched on Youtube? Checks out.

As someone who was actually there: yes, it ran at 4K 60fps when we played it. It's not terribly surprising: Forza Motorsport has made a locked 60fps a staple feature the entire time it's been on XB1.

"blah blah blah im so smart and you arent"
Xbox one X isnt powerful enough for 4k 60 fps. I dont believe the marketing bs. Wait and see for the final version on the console.
You know damn good that its running 4K/60fp don't talk BS without a prove.

Back