Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Reading that the team flew out to Japan to scan an original 22B brings me hope that they're finally fixing a few of the uncanny valley models
Indeed. Especially ones like the R32, definitely needs treatment.

Can't wait to see the 22B in Forzavista form though!

From what I've seen so far from the manufacturers shown, I'm dissapointed that these cars haven't made it back into the game yet:
Code:
1973 AMC Gremlin X
2004 Cadillac CTS-V
1959 Cadillac Eldorado
2010 Chevy Cobalt SS
1969 Chevy Corvair Monza
1996 Chevy Impala SS
2011 Chevy Volt
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT
1971 De Tomaso Pantera
1981 DeLorean DMC-12
2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10
2010 Ford Fusion Sport
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429
2005 Ford Mustang GT
1973 Ford Pinto
2010 Ford Taurus SHO
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1992 GMC Typhoon
1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR
1962 Lincoln Continental
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
1968 Pontiac Firebird
2006 Pontiac GTO
2000 Saleen S281
2006 Saleen S281E
2008 Saleen S331 Supercab
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor
2003 Saleen S7R
2006 Saturn Ion Red Line
2007 Saturn Sky Red Line
1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
1968 Shelby GT500KR
1999 Shelby Series 1
2010 Subaru Legacy B4 2.5GT

From what I've seen so far from the manufacturers shown, I'm dissapointed that these cars haven't made it back into the game yet:
Code:
1973 AMC Gremlin X
2004 Cadillac CTS-V
1959 Cadillac Eldorado
2010 Chevy Cobalt SS
1969 Chevy Corvair Monza
1996 Chevy Impala SS
2011 Chevy Volt
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT
1971 De Tomaso Pantera
1981 DeLorean DMC-12
2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10
2010 Ford Fusion Sport
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429
2005 Ford Mustang GT
1973 Ford Pinto
2010 Ford Taurus SHO
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1992 GMC Typhoon
1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR
1962 Lincoln Continental
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
1968 Pontiac Firebird
2006 Pontiac GTO
2000 Saleen S281
2006 Saleen S281E
2008 Saleen S331 Supercab
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor
2003 Saleen S7R
2006 Saturn Ion Red Line
2007 Saturn Sky Red Line
1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
1968 Shelby GT500KR
1999 Shelby Series 1
2010 Subaru Legacy B4 2.5GT
Yeah man those cars should have been sprinkled in at least half of them for sure. Still nice to see they bringing some old cars back regardless.

Pretty sure I remember seeing an interview with Dan saying FM7 does have groove integration. He even said that some tracks have load speakers so you can hear your music playing when driving past the grand stands.

Pretty sure I remember seeing an interview with Dan saying FM7 does have groove integration. He even said that some tracks have load speakers so you can hear your music playing when driving past the grand stands.

Then I hope Forza Horizon 4 has Spotify integration if FM7 won't, because I really don't want to be paying subscription fees for three music streaming services. Spotify is the main one and gets the most use, Google Play Music for the rare stuff that isn't one either, and Groove only is used for FH3.

Bill Giese showed us that feature at E3. It seems to work pretty well.

Then I hope Forza Horizon 4 has Spotify integration if FM7 won't, because I really don't want to be paying subscription fees for three music streaming services. Spotify is the main one and gets the most use, Google Play Music for the rare stuff that isn't one either, and Groove only is used for FH3.

You can play music on Groove for free if you put music files on your OneDrive. It's quite a cumbersome experience though. I too would rather just have Spotify.

What the heck?! I just noticed that they're adding the Pontiac G8 GXP back! Yes!
Though I'm shocked at the same time, I figured Turn 10 would go with the Holden Commodore this time around. Oh well, that still gives me joy.

Forza Motorsport 7 is sounding more like it will be for the Xbox One what Forza Motorsport 4 was for the Xbox 360.

Bill Giese showed us that feature at E3. It seems to work pretty well.

You can play music on Groove for free if you put music files on your OneDrive. It's quite a cumbersome experience though. I too would rather just have Spotify.

I mean, Groove has some stuff that neither Google Play Music nor Spotify has (seems to be mostly remixes though, in my experience) but for the longest time, I just kept scumming free months off of Microsoft.

We now know what the pre-order bonus car pack is. https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_hoonigan_car_pack

"Forza has teamed up with motorsport-lifestyle brand Hoonigan to bring some of the most iconic Hoonigan cars to Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3. Fans who pre-order Forza Motorsport 7 digitally will receive Hoonigan Car Packs for both games at no additional cost (Note that players who have previously pre-ordered Forza Motorsport 7 digitally before today’s announcement will also receive the two Hoonigan Car Packs).. The Forza Horizon 3 Hoonigan Car Pack will become available on Aug. 15 for free in the Xbox Store for Forza Motorsport 7 pre-order customers, with the Forza Motorsport 7 Hoonigan Car Pack available to play on Sept. 29 for Ultimate Edition owners through early access, and Oct. 3 for Standard Edition owners."

I wonder if FM7 is going to have native Groove and Spotify support, or just the one, because this just dropped:

This is the kind of news I was hoping for in general as I've had a Spotify account for a long time now. But, now I realize... I don't play many games with music on to begin with. :lol:

This is the kind of news I was hoping for in general as I've had a Spotify account for a long time now. But, now I realize... I don't play many games with music on to begin with. :lol:
Same with me to be honest. Although I'm just glad in general because now I can listen to music on my Xbox. I've had Spotify Premium for a while now and have been waiting on this.

On a side note, at least it'll come in handy if your intention for that day is just to take pictures :lol:

Or even better, be able to disable it. I don't use any stream service and that huge "in your face" Groove advertising in the FH3 main menu is pretty annoying. We pay a premium price for the game, there should not be unwanted intrusive advertising like that.

In FH3 I'm perfectly fine with the in-game radio stations and in FM I don't want any music.

I really like the radio in FH3, I would like to see more games do things like that.
I am far to cheap to buy anything for listening to while playing, I have 3 shelf stereos and a home theater, so there's also never a need.

But it's great that FH3 has a good list of songs from a bunch of genres.
Hope to see more of that.

Since they are adding a gasser, I really hope they finally add proper drag racing in FM7. The way they have done it up to now is just terrible and feels nothing like the real thing (at least give us a tree instead of the countdown timer).

Since they are adding a gasser, I really hope they finally add proper drag racing in FM7. The way they have done it up to now is just terrible and feels nothing like the real thing (at least give us a tree instead of the countdown timer).

The problem is the Gasser they add will more than likely be more of a drift car than a drag racer, but with the re-addition of the Thunderbolt, Super Stock Dart and Coronet W023 we can hope for proper drag racing...

The problem is the Gasser they add will more than likely be more of a drift car than a drag racer, but with the re-addition of the Thunderbolt, Super Stock Dart and Coronet W023 we can hope for proper drag racing...

It was built as a drag racer (or more accurately, for wheelies), so if they have it set up for drifting they're doing it wrong.

It was built as a drag racer (or more accurately, for wheelies), so if they have it set up for drifting they're doing it wrong.

Welp, that shows what I know about Hoonigan. I always thought they were built mostly for drifting. The Blazer being an exception.

Welp, that shows what I know about Hoonigan. I always thought they were built mostly for drifting. The Blazer being an exception.

In real life, that thing's not going to drift no matter how hard the Hoonigan guys may try. In Forza, tho... You never know how wrong T10 may be. :lol:

TBH I don't see them adding proper drag racing without giving players a "manual start" option in circuit racing; and I haven't heard about it yet. Although with T10's apparently renewed focus on online gaming, we may even see a surprise or two in the lobby override options... Until (at least) Gamescom it's all just wishful thinking and finger crossing, tho.

That particular version is modified by Hoonigan. It's not "stock" in the strictest sense.

And it's probably not even a Bel Air anyway; most '55 Chevy gassers were built from the base 150 series 2-door sedan.

55ALLChevy_lg.jpg

That particular version is modified by Hoonigan. It's not "stock" in the strictest sense.
It's owned by or is a part of the Hoonigan team, I believe.
Okay then. I still find that odd that it's license under Hoonigan when Turn 10 in the past would license modified cars under where the modded cars came from. FM2 had the Tom's MR2 licensed under Toyota for instance.

I mean, they've done this already with the Hotwheels Mustang in FM6 & FH3 along with a couple of other cars, but most modified cars were still listed under where they came from.

TBH I don't see them adding proper drag racing without giving players a "manual start" option in circuit racing; and I haven't heard about it yet. Although with T10's apparently renewed focus on online gaming, we may even see a surprise or two in the lobby override options... Until (at least) Gamescom it's all just wishful thinking and finger crossing, tho.

If they don't give us proper drag racing, hopefully they at least implement a tournament bracket system online. I don't think it would be to taxing on the servers to expand the lobby to 32 players in order to do 4 single elimination passes considering there's nowhere near as many cars on screen at once.

I wonder honestly if Forzathon will be in the game from the start, or if it will be added in the first content update like it was in FH3.

I can imagine a generic British voice like the one from FM4's career mode notifying me about Forzathon. Something like "Welcome back driver. The latest Forzathon is now available, with unique prizes to add to both your garage, AND your wardrobe. Select the 'Forzathon' tab to learn more."

Also, should we take guesses as to what cars will become Leaderboard cars in FM7?

Last edited:
Okay then. I still find that odd that it's license under Hoonigan when Turn 10 in the past would license modified cars under where the modded cars came from. FM2 had the Tom's MR2 licensed under Toyota for instance.

I mean, they've done this already with the Hotwheels Mustang in FM6 & FH3 along with a couple of other cars, but most modified cars were still listed under where they came from.
I think it depends on just how extensive the modification is. With tuners like Tom's or Mine's, it's mostly a factory vehicle with a few performance parts added on. With Hoonigan or RUF, the modifications are so extensive that most if not all of the factory bits are completely replaced, and they're essentially a completely custom vehicle.

Back