Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
"This is your new 2016 Ford #3 Ford GT Le Mans Turbo Super Secret Hypersport Edition Electric Boogaloo"
My girlfriend and I got a good laugh out of one of the GTR race cars. It pronounced every little thing, and even sounded like they added in something extra, but man it was ridiculous.

Personally I liked the track intros and car name voice overs. Added to the grand spectacle of the game.

Maybe I'd find the voice-over lady less annoying if she knew how to pronounce basic words and numbers. "This is your 2014 Alfa Romeo Foresee".

:scared:

I don't mind the voice-overs in Career quite as much, because as you say, they sort of add an extra layer to the experience. Only problem is that I don't always agree with the guy who babbles about car culture during those animated intro videos, but Hammond, May, Bell, etc. are mostly on point.

I loved that the VO always read out the full length name for some race cars.

"This is your new 2016 Ford #3 Ford GT Le Mans Turbo Super Secret Hypersport Edition Electric Boogaloo"
"This is your 2003 Toyota Celica Super Sport 2".
They really got that PR bug far up their arse. Not even allowed to say SS. Gasp, I said SS.

I was just guessing what other ways to say it, but whatever.
I don't see why that offended you, or why it would be "say" given that it is a letter and not spelled, there is nothing in the english language to change the pronunciation of a letter of the alphabet. Just saying

Congrats, I finally got there not to long ago. Now to wait and find out what we get for FM7, I really hope it's not something lame like driving suits. :lol:
You too man,I heard rumours of affinity based rewards,but suits are better than nothing.:lol:

I don't see why that offended you, or why it would be "say" given that it is a letter and not spelled, there is nothing in the english language to change the pronunciation of a letter of the alphabet. Just saying
I'm not offended, I'm just clueless on why you replied to me over a guess.
Which again, it was a guess and I was thinking of how it would be pronounced in other countries where English isn't spoken.

Replying is what makes forums worth visiting?
If I never replied to anyone and nobody replied to me, I would probably stop going to a forum.
Yeah, but you don't have to reply to every comment you see. I'm sorry, but I just found your reply a bit unnecessary.

My girlfriend and I got a good laugh out of one of the GTR race cars. It pronounced every little thing, and even sounded like they added in something extra, but man it was ridiculous.
Every time I hear it, I think in the back of my head, "God, please tell me they didn't actually pay an actual woman to read out the entire description".

Forza Motorsport 7 starts showing up about 40 minutes in.
  • Starts with the E3 trailer.
  • Anecdotes about capturing the Porsche 911 GT2 RS in South Africa and cameras melting in Dubai.
  • "Over 30 officially supported wheels (with multi-USB support)."
  • PC specs and supported wheel list will be posted on Xbox Wire.
...and that's it.

Forza Motorsport 7 starts showing up about 40 minutes in.
  • Starts with the E3 trailer.
  • Anecdotes about capturing the Porsche 911 GT2 RS in South Africa and cameras melting in Dubai.
  • "Over 30 officially supported wheels (with multi-USB support)."
  • PC specs and supported wheel list will be posted on Xbox Wire.
...and that's it. Nothing really new here though we could get some news articles on Forzamotorsport.net over the coming days.

No new info really aside from an officially supported wheel list. Not even a new trailer?

Disappointed with the lack of any real new info. Hopefully we get more news later in the week. I did find it amussing that they melted 2 $2500 cameras while getting reference photos in Dubai from the heat. and nice to hear the PC version is optimized enough to run on a Surface Pro 4.

Back