Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
. With Hoonigan or RUF, the modifications are so extensive that most if not all of the factory bits are completely replaced, and they're essentially a completely custom vehicle.
Uh, one question about that. Is Hoonigan an official car manufacture?
With Ruf, it has it's own license as it's actually a car manufacture rather than just a tuning company. All I've seen about Hoonigan is that it's a motorsports team, but not a car manufacture.

----
EDIT: However, I guess with Hotwheels not being an actual car manufacture; Hoonigan can be an exception.

Hoonigan is a brand, much like Nike or Staples or Pepsi. As they're all custom cars, it was probably easier to license them as "Hoonigan" creations with the backing of the actual manufacturers, especially considering most of them are referred to by the nickname their owners gave them. For instance, there's plenty of '55 Chevys turned into gassers, but there's only one "Tri-5 by Fire", if that makes any sense...

Now of course, the caveat is that with the livery editor, you can pretty much transform any car into any other car... but that's another discussion for another time I guess. In fact, the thing I'm looking forward the most with that pack is to transform most of the cars into something else thanks to the editor.

If we need to put brands being manufacturers into question, just remember that Michael Jordan has a Vision GT car either in the works or sent to PD.

Hoonigan is a brand, much like Nike or Staples or Pepsi. As they're all custom cars, it was probably easier to license them as "Hoonigan" creations with the backing of the actual manufacturers, especially considering most of them are referred to by the nickname their owners gave them. For instance, there's plenty of '55 Chevys turned into gassers, but there's only one "Tri-5 by Fire", if that makes any sense...
Ah, alright then.

I wonder honestly if Forzathon will be in the game from the start, or if it will be added in the first content update like it was in FH3.

I can imagine a generic British voice like the one from FM4's career mode notifying me about Forzathon. Something like "Welcome back driver. The latest Forzathon is now available, with unique prizes to add to both your garage, AND your wardrobe. Select the 'Forzathon' tab to learn more."

Also, should we take guesses as to what cars will become Leaderboard cars in FM7?

#Forzathon is confirmed to be returning.

As for leaderboard cars, the PI system is largely the same as Forza Motorsport 6 (many cars in the E3 build had the exact same PI as before) so whatever was good before will be good again. Time to break out those Honda Civics and Alfa Stradales :bowdown:

#Forzathon is confirmed to be returning.

As for leaderboard cars, the PI system is largely the same as Forza Motorsport 6 (many cars in the E3 build had the exact same PI as before) so whatever was good before will be good again. Time to break out those Honda Civics and Alfa Stradales :bowdown:
Calling it now; the Meyers Manx will absolutely dominate E class. Even smoking the Willys Jeep.

Calling it now; the Meyers Manx will absolutely dominate E class. Even smoking the Willys Jeep.
The Manx is my go-to D-Class Off-Road car in Forza Horizon 3, the only reason I'm not using the Jeep is because that's my go-to in A-Class :lol:

Turn 10 have beaten around the bush whenever asked, which is a fancy way of saying that Dynamic Time of Day is not implemented.

I know storms can come and go, and it seems like that's not too far off of the technical requirements of a day/night cycle, but I'm not a programmer so I'm honestly talking out my 🤬 unless someone who knows more can chime in. :lol:

FH3 has dynamic time and weather, I guess I would think it will, but who knows.

I find night racing aggravating, for me, anyway. I try to avoid it in any games.

FH3 has dynamic time and weather, I guess I would think it will, but who knows.

I find night racing aggravating, for me, anyway. I try to avoid it in any games.
I think it adds an interesting element to racing, especially when you're in a Cosmo and it literally had no headlight illumination. I found this out when playing a multiplayer race at night on the Nurburgring for the first time in this car :lol:

I think it adds an interesting element to racing, especially when you're in a Cosmo and it literally had no headlight illumination. I found this out when playing a multiplayer race at night on the Nurburgring for the first time in this car :lol:
It's something about the screen for me. I never seem to be able to see right, I don't have great night vision, but it seems a lot worse in games.

One thing that's been bugging me since at least FM4: If the game is smart enough to recognize you've played the other titles before and give you cars and money as a bonus when you boot it for the first time, it should be smart enough to let you drive the introduction race the way you want it, ie not stuck with every single freaking driving aid known to mankind. Even my 10 year old doesn't use auto-brakes, T10...

One thing that's been bugging me since at least FM4: If the game is smart enough to recognize you've played the other titles before and give you cars and money as a bonus when you boot it for the first time, it should be smart enough to let you drive the introduction race the way you want it, ie not stuck with every single freaking driving aid known to mankind. Even my 10 year old doesn't use auto-brakes, T10...

I always found this weird. Especially on the 360 titles, since the 360 had a feature to preset your control preferences for certain types of games (i.e. racing games use manual by default). You'd think a first party title would implement that but no.

Or more ideally, pop up a dialog box that says "We see you're familiar with the Forza series. Would you like to skip the introductory race?"

It's not like the control scheme changes radically between installments, and some of us are kinda sick of the whole trend of "dump the player right into gameplay as a forced tutorial, because we assume you're too impatient to figure out the controls without a live handholding session".

tumblr_mes7hdpv3s1riiw1do1_250.gif

They could even remove the introductory race. :)

Do we know whether the Career will balance opponents so they are relatively close to the player's PI (as in FH3), or will it be like FM6 where the best hope of winning is to meet the respective PI caps for every event? I very much prefer FH3's way of doing it.

Do we know whether the Career will balance opponents so they are relatively close to the player's PI (as in FH3), or will it be like FM6 where the best hope of winning is to meet the respective PI caps for every event? I very much prefer FH3's way of doing it.

Likewise. I remember the last time I played FM6, I wanted to do a Career mode event and race in a bonestock Holden Commodore SS. Nope, have to bump it to at least B class.

A couple tidbits of info from the WIR

Firstly;
There are also car manufacturers found in this week’s announcement that you will only find in Europe like Citroen and Renault,

Citroen's were MIA in Week 5's announcement. Either this is a mistake or a premature reveal of the French marque returning to the franchise, with perhaps the 1970 2CV leaked in FH3?

Secondly;
If you can’t make it to Gamescom in Germany next week, fear not, you will find all the cool Forza Motorsport 7 features we are going to be talking about here on FM.net. As a teaser, I’ll tell you we will be talking about how car collecting works, but that won’t be all. Stay tuned for the details we know you are aching to read about.

Looks like they'll be detailing more than just car collecting at Gamescom. Hopefully we get more details on the social aspects of the game, how customizable the weather/TOD options are, if free-play has gotten any updates, a look at the new customization options etc.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_8_18_17

Last edited:
I picked up FM6 today, I'm a little bummed it doesn't have FH3's "steering linearity " option, hopefully FM7 does.

Having to do 4 races before you can get into options really sucks too. I wouldn't mind intro stuff if they could at least allow you to set up first, but what a chore.

I don't expect it to change for FM7 though.

Having to do 4 races before you can get into options really sucks too. I wouldn't mind intro stuff if they could at least allow you to set up first, but what a chore.

I don't expect it to change for FM7 though.

It is rather annoying how long they forcibly hold your hand at the beginning of games (they do the same thing in FH). Plus there's also a ridiculous amount of unskippable intro videos.

Things like that are admittedly small, but they do sort of dampen your excitement when playing.

The intro race with all aids forced on doesn't bother me since it's brief. What I can do without are the condescending voice overs, like in FM6. You don't need to verbally tell me what race is next or the car I just bought. I can read what's on screen, thanks. Those are more annoying in my opinion.

Last edited:
The intro race with all aids forced on doesn't bother me since it's brief. What I can do without are the condescending voice overs, like in FM6. You don't need to verbally tell me what race is next or the car I just bought. I can read what's on screen, thanks. Those are more annoying in my opinion.
I loved that the VO always read out the full length name for some race cars.

"This is your new 2016 Ford #3 Ford GT Le Mans Turbo Super Secret Hypersport Edition Electric Boogaloo"

What I can do without are the condescending voice overs, like in FM6. You don't need to verbally tell me what race is next or the car I just bought. I can read what's on screen, thanks. Those are more annoying in my opinion.
Personally I liked the track intros and car name voice overs. Added to the grand spectacle of the game.

Latest Posts

Back