Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,380 comments
I noticed that there is no motion blur in the cockpit camera. I wonder why?

blur.png

When it comes to soundtracks, I agree FM7 was really weak, FM6 was good, but FM3 to FM5...

That's it. I want Hayes back. These titles had an atmosphere of its own, at least for me.

Motorsport 5's soundtrack, however, is what I'd call a "sleepy choir simulator". Motorsport 6 and 7's soundtrack though, is what would really put you to sleep.

Motorsport 3 and 4's soundtrack, however, never ceases to amaze me and excite me for when I'm selecting cars to race.

Last edited:
Motorsport 5's soundtrack, however, is what I'd call a "sleepy choir simulator". Motorsport 6 and 7's soundtrack though, is what would really put you to sleep.

Motorsport 3 and 4's soundtrack, however, never ceases to amaze me and excite me for when I'm selecting cars to race.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Forza 5 was when they attempted "dynamic" music that would change depending on what happened in a race.

I turned off the race music so I never really knew what was going on. What I was referring to was the music for the menus.
Hah, I generally do that for all racing games.

Most games do not cater to metal, classic metal, classic rock, or rock fans. It's always rap, electronic, pop, and pop rock. Last game with a soundtrack I enjoyed was Mafia III.

The first thing I do is turn off music in racing games. For games like Forza Horizon and Crew I also turn off speech.

Last edited:
When it comes to soundtracks, I agree FM7 was really weak, FM6 was good, but FM3 to FM5...

That's it. I want Hayes back. These titles had an atmosphere of its own, at least for me.
You're not the only one that wants Hayes back. However, this is a clear winner for me.

FM5 and FM7 soundtrack were absolute garbage, FM6 was decent, but doesn't hold up to the hype soundtrack of FM3 and FM4.

EDIT: I almost forgot that Forza Motorsport 2 had a decent soundtrack aswell. This was also my favourite aswell:

I also liked the one from a band The Crystal Method. But I disliked that Spanish space song whenever it comes up.

Last edited:
AR12 gives me a headache sometimes but yeah...

I can hear the pitchforks being sharpened already in here 🤣

I do get why this whole feature doesn't sit well with him, as much of his stream is interacting with a community and doing random challenges, which will often require upgrades, so this may prove prohibitive.

I'm willing to give the upgrade system a chance before writing it off, if the single player mode is done well, I reckon you'll have a good set of upgraded cars as you progress, so it won't be that hard to pick cars for multiplayer events, especially if the event rotation is done well.

I do dislike how the discourse around the upgrade system has become toxic, even the way AR12 replies to his commenters is pretty much dismissing them if they don't agree.

I liked FM3's licensed soundtrack around that time. Was good times, and had a decent selection of rock music from Rise Against and a few others.

I like all Forza menu music, including...7s but then again I like rock music. Do prefer 6s peacefulness though. 4 is best imo.

For games like Forza Horizon and Crew I also turn off speech.
… for The Crew
The first thing I do is turn off music in racing games. For games like Forza Horizon and Crew I also turn off speech.
For The Crew 2 I also suggest to turn off the racing itself as well. 🤣

The Crew Motorfest is a different beast though, I enjoy it so much I already like it a lot more than FH5. 👍

Hah, I generally do that for all racing games.

Most games do not cater to metal, classic metal, classic rock, or rock fans. It's always rap, electronic, pop, and pop rock. Last game with a soundtrack I enjoyed was Mafia III.

In open world racing games I dont turn off the music because it suits the game. Open roads and music are made for each other along with a nice engine noise.

In circuit racing I turn it off.

Agree with many about the FM3 and FM4 menu music. FM3's soundtrack in particular goes to the top for me.

Most tracks, "Base Telemetry" for example, gave the game a really high-quality and polished feel with them clear white menus. FM7 feels poorly done in the menu compared to it.

I wish I owned a car dealership of every brand and every car.

I will play FM3 and FM4s soundtrack, Old school NFS songs and Gran Turismo soundtracks execpt GT7. Gt7 has one of the weakest soundtracks of the series.

. FM7 feels poorly done in the menu compared to it.
Fm7's music was perfect suited for the racing garage homepage it had. It's a shame that the menus were reduced to just floating tiles (likely for performance reasons). You can see that all the areas present in the homepage like the autoshow, upgrades, drivers cup etc.
It felt like a lot of things that were planned or conceptualized for fm7 (even partially implemented) were incomplete. I wonder what the scene would have been like if FM7 was the one delayed till the launch of the series consoles in 2020, with no "built from the ground up" engine, but just chock full of content (plus features like drag/drift/potentially rally/FRR etc.)
I had hoped FM would be an extension of that (like in the Beta leaks) but it seems like they went for a cleaner look.

Also alpine f1 is specifically mentioned in thr tweet(not alpine in general), so we might get some f1 cars going. (Please r25/r26).

Last edited:
As usual the Alpine F1 announcement could mean that this is the only modern F1 car we're getting, much like in the previous Motorsports.
Unfortunate, but makes sense. Would love to see some other more recent F1 cars like the RB18 or the W11 or even some older stuff like the MP4/23 or the Brawn BGP001

Last edited:
As usual the Alpine F1 announcement could mean that this is the only modern F1 car we're getting, much like in the previous Motorsports.
In the video,. That's not the sound of a recent F1 but more of a V10 engine, like the 2005 Renault R25 of Fernando Alonso 😍

In the video,. That's not the sound of a recent F1 but more of a V10 engine, like the 2005 Renault R25 of Fernando Alonso 😍
The 2000s is a different decade, so I think licensing should be somewhat easier for 2000's F1 cars.

"Ballast makes the car heavy!" ... completely glosses over the fact it brings weight distribution closer to 50:50
"This system will just make people reach for the OP cars and not try out other cars." ... They would have done that anyway. Some people don't give a damn about cars or anything but the metas. No progression system in the world will fix stupid like that.

And did he really have to yell the whole video? Anyway, yeah, AR12 in a nutshell, completely uninteresting.

Aside the fact that I would like Car Levels to be shared between duplicates, I don't really see a problem with it. If anything, maybe it'll give us events that have to meet CP limitations as well as PI limitations, which could be interesting as CP now acts as a barometer for how extensively modified your car is.

unpopular opinion:
I vibe to FM7's soundtrack fairly often.
I rank it right below Fm4 and FM6 (in that order)

Also a small QoL addition:

View attachment 1288067

Oh, finally. I love to do gearing tuning, it's one of the parts of car tuning I've been the best at, so that will be incredibly useful. Gran Turismo 1 vibes...

EA/Codemasters have the exclusive rights to a full grid of driveable current season cars.

Other games can have 1 (or probably 2) cars at most from current season. Don’t know about seasons before 2023 but presumably things get a bit easier, The Crew Motorfest has a few Red Bulls.

That’s okay for Forza though because the livery editor exists.

Last edited:
For me the crux for carXP will be if we get any weekly/monthly challenges which require a tuned car in order to get a time-limited reward (i.e. like in the FH5 playlist). If they do that, I (and most of the player base) will hate them for it.

If tuning is entirely optional and you can play the full single player campaign and get all newly released cars by racing with untuned cars, then I'll do exactly that. But I doubt it'll be quite that easy.

Last edited:
EA/Codemasters have the exclusive rights to a full grid of driveable current season cars.

Other games can have 1 (or probably 2) cars at most from current season. Don’t know about seasons before 2023 but presumably things get a bit easier, The Crew Motorfest has a few Red Bulls.

If iRacing is anything to go by, one car from the previous season is doable the moment the season finishes (see: W12 and W13). Wouldn't be so sure about the livery during though, in iRacing those cars (and the older Williams F1 car) are the only ones where custom liveries are forbidden...

Honestly even last years car is perfectly fine

Screenshot 2023-09-18 012956.png

Hes one of the worst for it,in my opinion.Hes also probably upset he didnt get a copy

This dude did this video on purpose, he did A DAY AFTER he discoveried he havent recived the preview copy of the game
Also I dont want get into a certain territory, but it seems that he dislikes Xbox as a whole as well

Not to mention so many Developers and Publishers are tailor making games just so it suits their needs and not the wider community.
The worst is that those people know that and act seeking exactly that
AR12 is doing that exactly beacuse Drift and Fast and Furious-like stuff (that his channel is mostly known for) wont be a thing at least at launch of Motorsport, also to make things worst for him, the Super 5 seconds tunning that his community is also known wont be a thing in motorsport as well

He is unironically asking motorsport to be like Horizon, a thing that most motorsport people had been asking agnaist
The Crew Motorfest has a few Red Bulls
Motorfest has last year´s Redbull, in case of Motorsport its likely we will have the 522 instead of 523

Back