Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,446 comments
I'm an easily pleased racer, even simple time attack in free play is engaging enough thanks to the car XP and sector rating system. I have zero worries about progression because I'll just put in the time anyway. What was meant to be a simple test of my newly bought and beloved Subaru 22B on Hakone turned into 20 laps because I wanted to improve those times more and more.

Though, I'm making some observations, some specific to me and some general to the game.

* I think I need to upgrade my machine. My 2060 Super kept me at 72 FPS stable on Forza Horizon 5, but I get inconsistent framerate on FM, with wild variance from low 50s to 70-72. It could be due to lack of optimization, but one way or another I think I just don't have the horsepower for 1080p 144 hz...

* Hakone just... flows so well. So simple but so much fun. Might be my new favorite fictional circuit.

* The newly remodeled Subaru 22B is pure joy to drive. It sounds accurate, it looks great, cockpit view has never looked better. The only model that rivals it might be GT Sport/GT7's.

* If you play with damage on, you have to contend with how the game wants you to shift. Shifting just a little too quickly causes transmission damage, which is... Odd, to say the least. Even if I fully engage the clutch pedal, shift, then disengage, if it happens to be faster than the game has decided should be the maximum speed for the current car/clutch/transmission, then you are causing the transmission damage. It's an odd decision - why not just introduce a delay? I feel like I shifted correctly, but the game says no. I'm tempted to switch to Sport rules and only worry about tires and fuel, and not damage, for the time being... Is it the game's way of saying "Upgrade your car already, you stock-car-loving troglodyte"? Either way, I'm not entirely convinced that's a good call. If I shift as fast as I can in Assetto Corsa, provided I don't actually make a mistake like a mis-shift or letting go of the clutch too fast, the transmission does not take damage.

Last edited:
It's an interesting design choice to have it so, just as you've earned enough car xp to install the parts that make it handle properly and nice to drive - you're done with the series and back to square one with a new car...
I'm saving my upgraded cars to use in the open tour. At least I'll know how they drive and'll have a better chance of being able to further them towards max level.

I've heard good things about the sportsmanship in multiplayer but I've had some terrible luck tonight. Was it just me or was today actually a bad day to play online? I'm in S safety rating and I just see people slamming into each other all over the place, especially in TCR. I get punted, pushed off track, or I have take evasive measures because it just happened to somebody in front of me. Usually losing me a lot of time either way and putting me mid pack with people who just caused the wrecks.

From what seeing, console people (including myself) has mostly not having much problems with the game besides some graphical issues that certainly will be fixed as times goes on

But on PC people seems having lot of problems of optimization, and since PC people tend to be more vocal and sometimes more numerous worries me that maybe they can kill the long term projet of the game beacuse of it

What you guys think? is the game really doomed to fail or it have hope? beacuse the people in console that has not having problems seems FAR LESS vocal than the PC people having issues...

I had been waiting this game since its annouciament in 2020 and had been worried with what people would think about the game during its launch beacuse if fails could get the axe quickly like some games, I know that MS seems focusing on bulding catalog on long term but considering lots of companies seems cutting jobs in a quick rate, i get worried if Xbox may get people in the chop block again and Forza have problems of the consequencies when you have less people to work with something
Im pretty sure the devs will be onto fixing the bugs and sorting out the bigger issues which,to me,seems to be the PC version.Like I said in a previous post I feel for the guys who cant get it working as intended.Its not ideal but we should give T10 a chance to sort the issues,personally I wouldnt go refunding a game after a few days without waiting to see what happens,but thats just me.I certainly wouldnt make a video how I refunded the game but that seems to be the social media thing now.
Is it right we should have`unfinished`games at launch?Absolutely not but in this day and age it seems to be quite common.If I remember back in the early days of PS,xbox,ps2 if a game wasnt finished it wasnt released,(mostly),until it was an acceptable product,though im sure there were a few stinkers that were released.
Ive not had too many issues on series x,a few niggles,graphical glitches,but on the whole for me its been pretty good.I dont know if I think its beter or worse than GT7,I play and enjoy both of them.

Im pretty sure the devs will be onto fixing the bugs and sorting out the bigger issues which,to me,seems to be the PC version.Like I said in a previous post I feel for the guys who cant get it working as intended.Its not ideal but we should give T10 a chance to sort the issues,personally I wouldnt go refunding a game after a few days without waiting to see what happens,but thats just me.
I think if you're going through Steam and you're hitting problems that you find unacceptable, then refunding straight away is the right thing to do. There's a limited window for no-questions-asked refunds anyway, and waiting means you put yourself at risk of accidentally slipping out of that for no benefit to yourself.

But mostly the developers get a very clear and unambiguous message that a person who was interested enough to actually buy the game hit problems that they find worth refunding for. That's a sale worth chasing, and presumably makes it more likely that resources will be devoted to fixing some of the problems with that platform. Unfortunately with FM, it's not clear whether these issues are an easy fix nor whether there's enough of an install base on PC to warrant the resources required. Some things could be fixed in hours, some could take six months.

It's not like you were going to keep playing anyway if you're hitting major hardware compatibility related issues. There's no reason not to refund, if and when the devs fix stuff you can just buy the game again. Unless you're the sort of person that is constantly refunding games, this sort of thing is exactly what Steam's refund policy is in place for and it should be used without having to feel bad about it.

I've heard good things about the sportsmanship in multiplayer but I've had some terrible luck tonight. Was it just me or was today actually a bad day to play online? I'm in S safety rating and I just see people slamming into each other all over the place, especially in TCR. I get punted, pushed off track, or I have take evasive measures because it just happened to somebody in front of me. Usually losing me a lot of time either way and putting me mid pack with people who just caused the wrecks.
I've had no major problems with rammers so far. Only once have I thought that maybe I was being nudged off track intentionally as it was a straight and I gave the car behind me plenty of room to pass.

Last edited:
I've had no major problems with rammers so far. Only once have I thought that maybe I was being nudged off track intentionally as it was a straight and I gave the car behind me plenty of room to pass.

I’ve had a lot of good experiences so far in multiplayer but people still can’t seem to give room when racing, moving around under breaks and the amount of people who will still drive into you if you get outside them on corners is annoying but far better racing than FM7 so far
That makes me feel better at least. I wasn't sure if it was a bad sign of things to come, since I know pirates have this game and wouldn't care about safety rating, or if it was just bad luck.

For someone who primarily just wants to do free play, the fact you can get credits and driver XP even when renting cars and can get car XP up on the ones you do have is excellent. Actual tangible reward to be had as opposed to Forza 7, such that you can eventually buy your favourites and get your car XP with them as well. Format seems smoother as well when you're going in to change settings every time.

Last edited:
I think if you're going through Steam and you're hitting problems that you find unacceptable, then refunding straight away is the right thing to do. There's a limited window for no-questions-asked refunds anyway, and waiting means you put yourself at risk of accidentally slipping out of that for no benefit to yourself.

But mostly the developers get a very clear and unambiguous message that a person who was interested enough to actually buy the game hit problems that they find worth refunding for. That's a sale worth chasing, and presumably makes it more likely that resources will be devoted to fixing some of the problems with that platform. Unfortunately with FM, it's not clear whether these issues are an easy fix nor whether there's enough of an install base on PC to warrant the resources required. Some things could be fixed in hours, some could take six months.

It's not like you were going to keep playing anyway if you're hitting major hardware compatibility related issues. There's no reason not to refund, if and when the devs fix stuff you can just buy the game again. Unless you're the sort of person that is constantly refunding games, this sort of thing is exactly what Steam's refund policy is in place for and it should be used without having to feel bad about it.
Fair comment.Ive never played games just on pc,ive always been on consoles and apart from a little cloud gaming which doesnt work properly on my laptop,I dont think I will.I didnt realise the refund window on steam was limited so what you say makea perfect sense.Im hoping they can sort out the issues on pc so we can all play happy.

Fair comment.Ive never played games just on pc,ive always been on consoles and apart from a little cloud gaming which doesnt work properly on my laptop,I dont think I will.I didnt realise the refund window on steam was limited so what you say makea perfect sense.Im hoping they can sort out the issues on pc so we can all play happy.
Generally it's no more than 2 hours played and less than 2 weeks from purchase. They do make exceptions depending on the game, but it's not guaranteed and it may take you a significant amount of time with customer service. It's better to get in quick and get it over with if you're having problems.

I've done it with maybe half a dozen games in the 8-ish years they've had the policy, mostly because the games ran like crap on my computer. Most of those games I ended up buying again later on once the issues were fixed. It's a good system that does a lot to allow for the fact that PC hardware can be very variable.
The game is very ugly on serie s. The graphic look like an 2015-2016 games’s. The handling is a bit better then forza 7. I use the xbox controller since my wheel has no force feedback. So, I am still happy but not as much as when I start gt7
To be fair, the Series S is around the level of performance of the X1X which came out in 2017 so that's more or less what you'd expect. That's one of the tradeoffs for buying the cheap version of the console.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the driving very much (pad) as well as the graphics/sound department.
However, here is my biggest disappointment: Once again, there is a failure to make an effort to educate the average player on parts/tuning. In other words, how can I translate what I'm doing/feeling on the track to information that I can use to improve the car's performance?
Well, as all other FM games (and FH too), the game won't guide you through that process: Understeer? try this, shorter braking distances? try that, more top speed? here, etc. But no, nada.
So, I just select the quick upgrade button, see my PI rise, and hope the car gets faster/drives better, which honestly makes the whole point of parts/tuning rather irrelevant, don't you think?
And yeah, you could argue that 95% of the players won't care about that... In that case, they might as well do the upgrade system like in Grid Legends or The Crew Motorfest.

That won't make much of a difference, really. The SLR requires a lot of licensing.

Also petitions are banned in the Forza forums, so that is useless.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the driving very much (pad) as well as the graphics/sound department.
However, here is my biggest disappointment: Once again, there is a failure to make an effort to educate the average player on parts/tuning. In other words, how can I translate what I'm doing/feeling on the track to information that I can use to improve the car's performance?
Well, as all other FM games (and FH too), the game won't guide you through that process: Understeer? try this, shorter braking distances? try that, more top speed? here, etc. But no, nada.
So, I just select the quick upgrade button, see my PI rise, and hope the car gets faster/drives better, which honestly makes the whole point of parts/tuning rather irrelevant, don't you think?
And yeah, you could argue that 95% of the players won't care about that... In that case, they might as well do the upgrade system like in Grid Legends or The Crew Motorfest.

Maybe, but at least the option is there for quick upgrade, if you go manual, you'll find the first couple races are so limited in options it kind of forces you to see the effect of various upgrades. Especially on road cars that have a lot of body roll, adding stability and stiffness to the car is the most immediately obvious upgrades, and those are the first you get access to. Level up a few cars and it just becomes second nature

Last edited:

I love the racing in this game so much. Like for instance here, my Mercedes was quicker on the fast parts of the track while the AI Lotuses I battled were better in the twisty bits. I love that the opponent AI makes its speed in legitimate ways rather than just hitting a magical "Go Faster" button like in other games. Plus driving through a pack of cars feels like you're up against thinking and breathing drivers who are all trying to advance their position (unlike in GT7 where it feels like they're actively cooperating against you just to help the Rabbit you're chasing win by sitting on every apex).

After 8 hours of playtime, I'm upping my score from 9 to 9.5 of 10. I'm enjoying it that much.

The tuning has guides to be fair, which explains how to iron out over or understeering cars. Do you play rivals? That's really useful as a guide for getting your upgrades balanced, esp when you come up against someone in the same car. Also, TC can make cars struggle on certain tracks.

Last edited:
This might be one of the most divisive games I’ve seen in a very long time
everyone on the official Forza Forums and some well known Forza YTers such as AR12 and FailRace are very unhappy with how things have played out, but scrolling up on here I see nothing but praise
Interesting
Personally, I’m really enjoying the game
The upgrade system is annoying, but I really don’t think it’s as much of a problem as people are making it out to be, the handling and presentation are a huge step up from FM7 (Apart from the F2P mobile game menus) and the multiplayer is everything I ever wanted from a multiplayer mode in a Forza game. All it needs is the Trackday lobbies so I can grind car xp with other players and it would probably be almost perfect
Also, another issue I’ve noticed is this game is not optimised for SDR displays at all. It looks so washed out on my TV, yet watching videos on my iPad it looks absolutely fine.
Also, really digging how Maple Valley looks in this game, it’s amazing what something simple like fully 3D vegetation can do to a track’s visuals

Last edited:
everyone on the official Forza Forums and some well known Forza YTers such as AR12 and FailRace are very unhappy with how things have played out, but scrolling up on here I see nothing but praise
Interesting
The upgrade system is annoying, but I really don’t think it’s as much of a problem as people are making it out to be, the handling and presentation are a huge step up from FM7 (Apart from the F2P mobile game menus) and the multiplayer is everything I ever wanted from a multiplayer mode in a Forza game. All it needs is the Trackday lobbies so I can grind car xp with other players and it would probably be almost perfect
Also, another issue I’ve noticed is this game is not optimised for SDR displays at all. It looks so washed out on my TV, yet watching videos on my iPad it looks absolutely fine.
Also, really digging how Maple Valley looks in this game, it’s amazing what something simple like fully 3D vegetation can do to a track’s visuals
The issue is it isn't showing or doing enough to justify the grandiose reboot it was marketed as. Its just ended up as a really mid experience.

Interesting
I think a primary divider here is people who enjoy racing vs people who enjoy gaming.

If you are in this game for the pure racing and driving, it's great. Feels better than anything else on a pad imo and the improvements fr toom previous games there are huge.

Then there are the MP improvements that make it easier to find much better races much faster. Combine that with the above and as a racing experience it's pretty grand.

Then there are the gamers who just want to get their points, or worse the YouTubers who only care about cranking out the next "OP build* to drive clicks. They hate it because you actually have to, you know, play the game. Makes it hard to crank out a new video every day with some massively upgraded hypebeast machine when you can't just slap it together in 3 minutes and claim it's some big deal that no one else could have thought of.

Dunno, that is just my two cents. As someone who is just here for the racing and driving, and intends to play this game for years, I am over the moon with it cause it just feels so damn good. I also think YouTubers are almost universally a cancer in every game they play so seeing them seethe is giving me the fuzzies.

Also damn I've been gone from this site for a long time lol

Back