Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,446 comments
This might be one of the most divisive games I’ve seen in a very long time
everyone on the official Forza Forums and some well known Forza YTers such as AR12 and FailRace are very unhappy with how things have played out, but scrolling up on here I see nothing but praise
Interesting
Personally, I’m really enjoying the game
The upgrade system is annoying, but I really don’t think it’s as much of a problem as people are making it out to be, the handling and presentation are a huge step up from FM7 (Apart from the F2P mobile game menus) and the multiplayer is everything I ever wanted from a multiplayer mode in a Forza game. All it needs is the Trackday lobbies so I can grind car xp with other players and it would probably be almost perfect
Also, another issue I’ve noticed is this game is not optimised for SDR displays at all. It looks so washed out on my TV, yet watching videos on my iPad it looks absolutely fine.
Also, really digging how Maple Valley looks in this game, it’s amazing what something simple like fully 3D vegetation can do to a track’s visuals
From what it looks, much of the criticism is on the QoL front.
  • The AI isn't quite living up to what was marketed; there are features that are downgrades to what's available in FH5 and even FM7 (primarily in free play).
  • The livery editor and tuning are more or less the same as they were in 2007.
  • There are fewer than 100 permanent career races and race cars are barely utilized.
  • It's still unclear whether cars added in tours will become available to buy after the tour ends (if they won't, it would be more egregious than Legendary Cars IMO)
  • Then there are complaints about <insert car in FM7/FH5> not being in the game and how soon it will return.
  • The game just isn't in a good state on PC right now.
I, and I'm sure most others here who are criticizing the game, genuinely want the game to be the best it can be. Because of the myriad of QoL issues and the state of the PC port, combined with the admittedly high expectations I had due to T10/MS marketing the game as a reboot, I don't think this game is quite there. I'd like to think that the game will get better with time (this has happened with plenty of other games, even in the genre- see Driveclub), but then again, there's Baldur's Gate 3, Tears of the Kingdom etc. that provided a complete, functional game from the get-go, and I'm sure Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder will be the same way come the 20th, so I'm still uneasy about the game's future as a 'platform.'

Last edited:
So, a possible Hakone "Grand" layout then?
It was been teased for quite some time, you can noticie it from the trailer that announcies Hakone to the map in-game loading screen
Also petitions are banned in the Forza forums, so that is useless.
Theorically the voting options on forums are the petitions now
I actually ask people to vote to the cars i want see in game, i just feel sad that most of options such as Hyundai HB20 and Honda N-One are very much Niche cars
everyone on the official Forza Forums and some well known Forza YTers such as AR12 and FailRace are very unhappy with how things have played out, but scrolling up on here I see nothing but praise
I digging deeper i saw some people that liked in the forums and some others that liked on youtube, sadly it seems that the haters ar being more vocals and i wonder how it may impact sales

I saw some complaings about the always-online and some praises about the graphics by some casual (non-racing) infuluencers, for exemple this guy Mutahar (someordinarygamers) that both Praised the game but reinforce his vision for gaming preservation critizing the always onine

Yeah, a lot of YouTubers are just cancer all they want to do is spread negativity and destroy everything. Negative people waste of time. Unfortunately a lot of people seem to listen to them 🤷 best thing to do in everything in life is to make your own mind up.
We need do something to show the good points of the game, its amazing that people that are not used to play racing games feel atracted for this game and are playing and enjoying it, while the people that are suposed to LOVE more than those other people are trashing like it was a big blaspheme to the racing car game...

I knew people would trash this game beacuse hate Forza is cool nowadays but its getting execssive and its making me sad beacuse i dont want lose a great potential game beacuse few people feel lazy to race a few times to get their car customizable....

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew people would trash this game beacuse hate Forza is cool nowadays but its getting execssive and its making me sad beacuse i dont want lose a great potential game beacuse few people feel lazy to race a few times to get their car customizable....
The mp may be better as a result without those who want to upgrade a car to its max without even driving it first.

The mp may be better as a result without those who want to upgrade a car to its max without even driving it first.
I think that have a lobby for fixed setup and one free-for-all was a great idea
I just disliked that it seems that they has not reinforced the fixed setup and some options of the car can still be changed, but still it has LOT of optential

I haven't touched anything with graphics settings yet as I'm not sure what to do or how to do it. I know @FordGTGuy said something about turning on DLAA but I don't know where that is or what it is. But something needs to be done because here is my opening benchmark.

View attachment 1293607

So tell me what needs to be changed from here.
First thing you need to do is to change the performance target from 30fps to unlocked (vsync), that will bump the frame rate up to 60fps instantly and make it smoother. Also, set RT to full, RTAO to low. Car detail to high or ultra, track texture to high, Resolution scale to 100%, everything else to low or medium. That should do the trick.

Last edited:

While i undestand frustation of people, the way he seems to mistrate the people that disagrees with him annoys me a bit

instead of let people critique him (fairly) for the video, or say "its ok to like too, and there is no problem on it" does this:

I guess he is still pissed off for everything that happened with him during Forza Horizon 4...

While i undestand frustation of people, the way he seems to mistrate the people that disagrees with him annoys me a bit

instead of let people critique him (fairly) for the video, or say "its ok to like too, and there is no problem on it" does this:

I guess he is still pissed off for everything that happened with him during Forza Horizon 4...
Ah, so it's a rage bait video. Good ol' YouTube tactics still alive and well.

Its a comedic video panning the shortcomings of a game built from the ground up, I wouldnt think to much about the subtle nuances of it.

What happened to him during FH4? I only started seeing his videos show up in the last year or so.

Apparently I need to remind people that content that doesn't follow GTPlanet's rules shouldn't just be embedded right into posts.

I don't know why I need to remind people of this (especially people who've received distinctly more private and much more pointy reminders about it), but it seems that some people seem to think that, for some reason, giant obvious expletives in embedded images and Tweets displayed in full right in front of everyone's faces don't actually count as expletives...

You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.

... which, of course, they do.

Think about what you're embedding. If it'd get censored if you typed it in a reply box DON'T SMEGGING EMBED IT.

Apparently I need to remind people that content that doesn't follow GTPlanet's rules shouldn't just be embedded right into posts.

I don't know why I need to remind people of this (especially people who've received distinctly more private and much more pointy reminders about it), but it seems that some people seem to think that, for some reason, giant obvious expletives in embedded images and Tweets displayed in full right in front of everyone's faces don't actually count as expletives...

Think about what you're embedding. If it'd get censored if you typed it in a reply box DON'T SMEGGING EMBED IT.
You been watching Red Dwarf lately?

Think about what you're embedding. If it'd get censored if you typed it in a reply box
Well, if was beacuse what i posted, I had read all the rules before join the forum and honestly had no idea the rule counted for general (PG-13) public pages as well, so my apoligies. I will be more aware of it in the future

I also want take the chance and warm about troll accounts (with no profile images, no posts here or in any area of forums, with no other sort of indentification) that had been invading the forum and spaming reaction emojis in certain comments about the game in this very area of forum
Also, seems to seek to get content for stupid console wars to BE POSTED OUTSIDE THIS FORUM thus risking the safety and security of fellow member users (sadly doxxing is still a thing nowadays)

I had flaged such accounts before, and just did again, but so far nothing has been done to stop such accounts, please do something about it before it gets into something bad.

What happened to him during FH4?
As far i know, He was a big FAMOUS painter during FH4, but decided do some JDM-inspirated paints with the Japanese War Flag, it seems that Koreans and Chinese players had reported him (since the flag for WWII reasons is VERY offensive for them) and he got banned for it

There had a big moviment for him to get his ban lifted, to avoid controversy, PG kinda tired to ingore, but hasnt worked and, at end, he got a clean for future games, but as far i know he still had kept the ban in FH4, that made him lose all the paints and all bonuses for being a good painter there.

Since then, every chance to attack PG and T10, he does so, besides still playing the games and act in provocative ways, like when he did a race with Chinese banned content such as Pooh, Taiwan Flags and Social Credit Score to joke around the new Chinese cars PG had put in the game in celebration of Chinese New Year (while taking advantage of critics that such content was taking the place of stuff so suposed fans were asking for the game).

Quite a lot has been already said about the current status of the livery editor, the awful lighting as a starter point, but what strikes me the most is the fact that the entire overhaul seen in FH5 is 100% absent, as if Playground/Turn10 don't share ideas/improvements or simply dropped the ball entirely.
Sadly this has been the case for several titles now, there are a number of QoL features FH has gotten over the years that would work good in the FM series but just never turn up.

There's also some decisions made that are received poorly in one series, yet turn up again in the other series as if this time it won't annoy people.

It has to make you wonder what kind of communication they have. I'm sure there are some potential technical issues behind some things, but since they never address them or answer questions it's easy for the community to be negative about it and assume laziness or indifference on their part.
T10 are a first party studio for a massive company in Microsoft, and have past games that have also been received poorly and gone through bad launches, yet they are still here. They know that when you release a product, it will be criticized, and they are ready for it because they have dealt with it for the last 20 years. I don't really get why you keep posting as if they are some small indie developer the internet is uniting to hate and bully and going to get shut down.

Also the various issues with the upgrade system have been well laid out by many people approaching it from different angles. If the issues they bring up don't impact you that's fine, but toxicity is something I've seen you post about many times, and calling people lazy and dismissing them is more toxic than people being unhappy with the game. At least their negativity is directed at a product they spent their hard earned money on (and therefore have a right to criticize), and not other players who are just trying to enjoy their game the way they want to.

You keep saying this like this is some kind of indie game that needs all the love and support it can get. You keep missing the part where it's a Microsoft first-party title. We aren't going to lose Forza because a bunch of people are hurling criticism, warranted or not, at it. Forza is gonna be okay, no need to act like it's not.

Also, I'll join in on what Morbid is saying. It isn't a matter of players being too lazy to race and level their cars up. There's genuinely questionable design going on here. The simplest example is; why do you need to start from Level 1 again if you buy another copy of a car you already have levels in? There's no good excuse for it, all it does is make it more annoying to have multiples of the same cars with different tunes/setups. Some players do not want to keep swapping tunes or presets over and over, there's a reason why it's a common practice. Instead of insinuating "No you're not playing the game correctly," it should be treated as an oversight that needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
FM is surprisingly good for me so far, my expectation was really low for it since all the livestreams doesn't seem to show much improvement and all the physics talk sounds interesting but wasn't sure how good is it until I tried it.

Now I sunk a few hours into it in the last few days, it is a lot better than I expected. Cars handle a lot better and feels much closer to sims, it is really fun to try and push the car to the limits. AI has improvements but not as good as they claim, they are very crashy in a pack but going 1 to 1 battle for position is decent.

Multiplayer structure is fantastic and the safety rating seem to work well enough. I like that car prices is low and the leveling car has been pretty fun so far but I do think the career events need to be longer and it needs to get rid of needing to level duplicate cars. A bit annoying that once my cars starts unlocking aerodynamic parts and the events ended.

I'm still partly confused how the live service events works, the featured tour seem to adds 1 new car and new event per week then by the end of it with a featured spotlight for the Acura DPI. What happen after it ends? Does the whole series drops into the career mode as permanent content or the whole series end up being limited time content like FH5 playlist?
The simplest example is; why do you need to start from Level 1 again if you buy another copy of a car you already have levels in? There's no good excuse for it, all it does is make it more annoying to have multiples of the same cars with different tunes/setups. Some players do not want to keep swapping tunes or presets over and over, there's a reason why it's a common practice. Instead of insinuating "No you're not playing the game correctly," it should be treated as an oversight that needs to be fixed.
That is still one of the dumbest decision in the game, I like that you need to drive the car stock to level it up but buying a second car shouldn't force you to redo the path again since it is mostly the same grind and will be tedious after a while.

I get that they want to follow the typical ARPG method of levelling like in Diablo games, where you are force to re-level the same class just to have a second build but even in games like those players still find ways to skip the initial grind as quickly as possible just to reach the end game fun and build whatever spec they want to try.

I don't really get why you keep posting as if they are some small indie developer the internet is uniting to hate and bully and going to get shut down.
You keep saying this like this is some kind of indie game that needs all the love and support it can get. You keep missing the part where it's a Microsoft first-party title. We aren't going to lose Forza because a bunch of people are hurling criticism, warranted or not, at it. Forza is gonna be okay, no need to act like it's not.

I know that is not a indie developer, but my worries are under 3 things:

1- that we are living in a era where companies are OBSESSIVELY cutting costs they deem not necessary, firing people and shut down non-performing studios all around the gaming spectrum
2- (economically wise) Forza Motorsport is becoming unecessary beacuse Horizon exists and its a more sucessful Formula
3- There has people even before the launch asking for Xbox stopping making Motorsports and focusing only on Horizon, moving the motorsport focused stuff to Horizon akin to The Crew does (even if phyisics are not realistic as Motorsport is)

My fear i have is that maybe this FM had only got the green-light beacuse the game would be a GAAS not needing to make a entire new game each 2 years, but still heavly dependent of what would happen at launch to reach profits.
If sells well/people play a lot on gamePass, the project goes on, if not, they shut down the game making part of the studio, focus just in engine making for playgroud, and Forza will focus on horizon

calling people lazy and dismissing them is more toxic than people being unhappy with the game. At least their negativity is directed at a product they spent their hard earned money on (and therefore have a right to criticize)
I may had been worded myself in a unintended way, I dont meant to call them Lazy or something similar, I meant that people are assuming everything (in customization) needs to be EXACTLY like FH5, that try something different is a sin of highest degree and should be treated like some sort of capital crime, even there is some treating it as "going agnaist roots of Forza and was always been this way" even if is the same game franchise that is known for its biggest games having a deep level of progression in some shape or form, from start from slow cars to fast cars, grow thru the ranks of a competition or even grow a festival into a mega party across a nation.

Additionaly, I had also spend my money in the game, I know what it means know what feels having promises broken, But I also have flashbacks to other games that I also supported and had hopes to see it flowrish into what devs intended, but that failed to have updates exactly beacuse the intended public had not embraced, despide made by big companies, and i dont want to it to happen again, specially with a game series i like so so much.
The simplest example is; why do you need to start from Level 1 again if you buy another copy of a car you already have levels in? There's no good excuse for it, all it does is make it more annoying to have multiples of the same cars with different tunes/setups. Some players do not want to keep swapping tunes or presets over and over, there's a reason why it's a common practice.
That is still one of the dumbest decision in the game, I like that you need to drive the car stock to level it up but buying a second car shouldn't force you to redo the path again since it is mostly the same grind and will be tedious after a while.

While I undestand that the idea of Devs is focus in few cars instead of have a filled garage, I do agree with you both, maybe we should do some adjusts, the copy of car should come at same leval as the one you have already have.

The endgame may come earlier than before, but still the progression is still there, the other cars you may get, you still need to do it if is the first copy of the car you do have.

Last edited:
Also the various issues with the upgrade system have been well laid out by many people approaching it from different angles. If the issues they bring up don't impact you that's fine, but toxicity is something I've seen you post about many times, and calling people lazy and dismissing them is more toxic than people being unhappy with the game. At least their negativity is directed at a product they spent their hard earned money on (and therefore have a right to criticize), and not other players who are just trying to enjoy their game the way they want to.
Quoted all this and then some, for truth. That's the reason why constructive criticism works. Simping is just rude.

Meganinja is in so much trouble. I laughed so hard at this hilarious "survey".

Last edited:
Okay bud, this is something I have noticed about you in particular in the last few posts; you keep letting negative reviews get to you more than you should. Not only that, some of your points come off as overly defensive like this comment for instance like you think FM8 will go under just because a bunch of people including Youtubers are hard on it.

Turn10 like the others have said is a 1st party studio for Microsoft, they have massive backing from them and Microsoft is a powerhouse. Even with all of the bad things going for FM8/23 or all of the reviews from every content creator on the planet won't kill this franchise. This kind of talk has been done with Gran Turismo 7 (like Forza, has backing from its big company being sony) and guess what? GT7 is still standing despite any backlash people can give it including me.

Lastly, I don't think all the criticisms are unwarranted where there are indeed bad forms of game design going on in this game. FM8 hasn't been implemented well, especially on the PC release for obvious reasons. There's fun things about this game and I would say it's an improvement over FM7, but doesn't feel as big of an improvement as it should've been. There are things that were done better elsewhere and also things that should've been here already such as events catering to race cars. Seriously, I shouldn't have to wait weeks for those events to be here. There are literally one of the easier things to implement in a racing game.
In fairness, I think that is just a joke about the more irrational kinds of responses from people that get upset in general (typically kids)

Last edited:
The endgame may come earlier than before, but still the progression is still there, the other cars you may get, you still need to do it if is the first copy of the car you do have.
The progression you need to level it up from stock is good in my opinion since you can see and feel the changes on the parts you dump into the car. I hope they keep this and just get rid of the need to redo for the duplicate then it is perfect for me.

2- (economically wise) Forza Motorsport is becoming unecessary beacuse Horizon exists and its a more sucessful Formula
3- There has people even before the launch asking for Xbox stopping making Motorsports and focusing only on Horizon, moving the motorsport focused stuff to Horizon akin to The Crew does (even if phyisics are not realistic as Motorsport is)
Okay, these points I didn't get a chance to reply as I posted too early. The people asking are likely a vocal minority and Microsoft isn't going to drop Motorsport likely anytime soon. Yes, Horizon sells more, but that's a common thing with arcade racers outselling sims or simcades.

Even so, some of the people complaining about that probably assume that Motorsport and Horizon have the same developers when that's not the case.

GAAS not needing to make a entire new game each 2 years, but still heavly dependent of what would happen at launch to reach profits.
If sells well/people play a lot on gamePass, the project goes on, if not, they shut down the game making part of the studio, focus just in engine making for playgroud, and Forza will focus on horizon
People regardless of what critics or content creators are going to still play this game like crazy, especially on gamepass.

I meant that people are assuming everything (in customization) needs to be EXACTLY like FH5, that try something different is a sin of highest degree and should be treated like some sort of capital crime,
Most people are NOT doing what you described, they're not complaining about the setup in place here for leveling up the cars, but how it's done. It's way too grindy.

Last edited:
Cars handle a lot better and feels much closer to sims, it is really fun to try and push the car to the limits. AI has improvements but not as good as they claim, they are very crashy in a pack but going 1 to 1 battle for position is decent.

Multiplayer structure is fantastic and the safety rating seem to work well enough. I like that car prices is low and the leveling car has been pretty fun so far but I do think the career events need to be longer and it needs to get rid of needing to level duplicate cars.

Fully agree :cheers:

Meganinja is in so much trouble
I am still here

Also constructive criticism doesnt mean endless trash a game, without offer suggestions to fix it
What me and other users are doing in this thread right now is exactly a constructive criticism, what the video and the joke link in question did, its not

Okay, these points I didn't get a chance to reply as I posted too early.
Yes, Horizon sells more, but that's a common thing with arcade racers outselling sims or simcades.
We kinda acidentally posted at same time, I usually tend to F5 before post just to make sure it dont happens, but still does happen lol

Thanks for take the time to reply to those parts too, it helped me to think, maybe the plan is make the racing version of flight sim but still using the motorsports name since it is a IP people know?

Flight Sim is something super niche that wont sell much, sometimess even worst than motorsport, but still manages to get its public and support, hopefuly it happens with motorsports

It's way too grindy.
The progression you need to level it up from stock is good in my opinion since you can see and feel the changes on the parts you dump into the car. I hope they keep this and just get rid of the need to redo for the duplicate then it is perfect for me.
Yea, i do agree is too much grindy and put this way will get things better, the change doesnt need to be thrown out altogether, it needs only a few tweaks they can do, if they can do at least right now they need adress they will do on the next few months.

One of the main selling points of this game for me is free play. Being able to drive whatever you want, whenever you want is great when you don't feel like playing career mode. Another great thing compared to GT7 is having all the cars available for purchase in career mode ALL THE TIME. No stupid legendary dealership to create a FOMO and push microtransactions! Yay!

First thing you need to do is to change the performance target from 30fps to unlocked (vsync), that will bump the frame rate up to 60fps instantly and make it smoother. Also, set RT to full, RTAO to low. Car detail to high or ultra, track texture to high, Resolution scale to 100%, everything else to low or medium. That should do the trick.
Doesn't look like anything has changed.

Screenshot 2023-10-08 232959.png

I meant that people are assuming everything (in customization) needs to be EXACTLY like FH5, that try something different is a sin of highest degree and should be treated like some sort of capital crime, even there is some treating it as "going agnaist roots of Forza and was always been this way" even if is the same game franchise

You listen to too many YouTubers. :D Even then, I wouldn't put too much stock in what "people" are thinking or assuming as far as this game is concerned. The average gamer is petty, opinionated, never satisfied, and not worth spending your time listening to, and the average YouTuber is catering to that sort of person because their literal job is to drive engagement and say what the audience wants to hear. Who you should listen to, that's your prerogative, but my baseline has always been "Try the game for yourself and find like-minded people to talk to." Everything else is noise.

Really hoping there's a career mode that unlocks after the builder's cup that features racing cars...

Current in the Legacy Tour and wondering when (as someone who prefers to race in single player) do we get to use all the shiny race cars they showed in the opening cinematic?

I know it's a wild idea to want to be able to use racing cars in a racing game...

Back