Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,446 comments
It does. I bought the Premium Add-On Bundle, and it allows Game Pass users early access.
It doesn't hit Game Pass until Oct. 10, even with the early access.
I meant the regular version but changing the region to the earliest one that the base game is allowed to play which I think would be almost a full day earlier than the region I'm actually in and if possible I don't want to wait that long.

I meant the regular version but changing the region to the earliest one that the base game is allowed to play which I think would be almost a full day earlier than the region I'm actually in and if possible I don't want to wait that long.
It worked for early access players, I assume it would work just as well for launch day.

I'd like to think that the game will get better with time (this has happened with plenty of other games, even in the genre- see Driveclub), but then again, there's Baldur's Gate 3, Tears of the Kingdom etc. that provided a complete, functional game from the get-go, and I'm sure Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder will be the same way come the 20th, so I'm still uneasy about the game's future as a 'platform.'
I always think it's funny when people hold up BG3 as a complete, functional game. For me it was buggy as **** and I spent hours and hours trying to figure out how to get it running on my computer without crashing every 10 minutes. The thing was, the game was so good I kept playing and working on it anyway because even with the game doing it's best to make me hate it I was (and am) having a great time.

I'm not sure that the problem with FM is that it's too broken, outside of a few people for who it straight up doesn't function. It's more that it's not a good enough game to warrant pushing through all the little things that are wrong with it.

Working on a Reshade profile...

Before
3oYgVHW.png

After
ScCsCux.png

If it looks subtle, click on them for the full-size. What's going on is a luma sharpening filter, luma and chroma color curves, CMAA 2 (which I'm not entirely sure is actually applying), debanding filter, and contrast stretch (adaptive contrast based on what's currently on screen).

I'll take better pictures tomor, er, later today to better show off everything.

Go into your Nvidia control panel. Look at your resolution and the refresh rate drop down box right next to it. It might say 30hz in there. Change that.

Picture for example
View attachment 1293672
I don't see those options on my control panel

Screenshot 2023-10-09 013656.png

But I went into display settings from the computer settings and found a place to change refresh rate and it appears to have made a difference. I haven't actually played the game yet to see if it looks better.

Screenshot 2023-10-09 013401.png

I don't see those options on my control panel

View attachment 1293673

But I went into display settings from the computer settings and found a place to change refresh rate and it appears to have made a difference. I haven't actually played the game yet to see if it looks better.

View attachment 1293674
Just from a personal POV, change the car livery quality to Ultra - no difference in performance, it just eats up more GPU RAM, which you have loads of.

Go into your Nvidia control panel. Look at your resolution and the refresh rate drop down box right next to it. It might say 30hz in there.
To add to this, you can make the game run at any frame rate you want by using the customise button to create a setting with a specific refresh rate. I've got the game running at 80fps by creating a custom resolution for 80hz, then setting the game to unlocked(vsync).

80hz custom.jpg

The AI isn't quite living up to what was marketed
This was a race I did in the builders cup with the AI on max difficulty, it's quite ironic as Maple Valley was used in a live stream to show how fast the new AI is.
maple valley diff 8.png

Last edited:
I mean you do have 30PI points above the AI, so it's not quite comparable. I feel the AI does need some tweaking, last night I had some great racing with the super sedans, had a race on Kyalami in which I got through the first lap with not a single collision, and had a very good battle with 2nd place which I couldn't quite pull off a pass, then had another in Indy GP circuit where I just blasted past the whole field as they slowed down for the chicane on lap 1, but then the 2nd place car kept pace with me the rest of the race

Looks like the Game runs on SeriesX better then on the PC...Problemwise I mean!
Sure looks like it but for a first party game I think it is quite buggy on Series X as well, the game crash quite often when loading into multiplayer or when going in and out of the my cars to swap car liveries.

Working on a Reshade profile...

Before
3oYgVHW.png

After
ScCsCux.png

If it looks subtle, click on them for the full-size. What's going on is a luma sharpening filter, luma and chroma color curves, CMAA 2 (which I'm not entirely sure is actually applying), debanding filter, and contrast stretch (adaptive contrast based on what's currently on screen).

I'll take better pictures tomor, er, later today to better show off everything.
This looks great but are you not worried about getting nuked from orbit by their anticheat?

I mean you do have 30PI points above the AI, so it's not quite comparable.
Well yes, but why? I've tuned my car to the stated PI limit, why is the AI not also at that limit? And why does it run the race with medium tyres and full fuel when it's clearly faster to use soft tyres and only have enough fuel for the race?

but then the 2nd place car kept pace with me the rest of the race

Had the same experience on Spa. 4 laps and 1.6sec to the AI in 2nd place. And i was sweating to drive on the limit to hold the pace. Never had anything close to this in any other Forza game. ^^

Well yes, but why? I've tuned my car to the stated PI limit, why is the AI not also at that limit? And why does it run the race with medium tyres and full fuel when it's clearly faster to use soft tyres and only have enough fuel for the race?
After going through a few of the series myself, I suspect the rules governing what upgrades the AI may apply are somewhat tightly defined, with some variability based on what the user's car looks like.

For example there is an achievement for finishing a series with a podium overall in a stock car, I decided to try this in the Miata series with an NA miata, which was almost a bad choice because the competition was the NB which was better at stock. The first 2-3 races I managed to hold my own, getting a win and a couple of podiums starting at 8th each time, then the last couple of races the AI started to overpower me, as they were being upgraded well past my car.

Had the same experience on Spa. 4 laps and 1.6sec to the AI in 2nd place. And i was sweating to drive on the limit to hold the pace. Never had anything close to this in any other Forza game. ^^

The other thing is with the wheel functionality and handling model it's much easier to keep consistent, so I'm making less mistakes, turned off rewind, when I have made mistakes it has been relatively easy to get back on the road and back on pace.

Last edited:
Finally tried the game with the wheel (Thrustmaster TX) yesterday and it felt... OK!

For starters, I had to bring force feedback down, as it was unrealistically heavy and definitely clipping. Another thing I noticed was a "grinding gears" feeling at the middle (deadzone) which was really weird. I dumbed down the vibration, but still was feeling it and I actually loaded up Assetto Corsa in order to make sure it wasn't my wheel that had gone faulty (it wasn't)!

Having said that, the control of the car was very precise with the wheel and very quickly I shaved off one whole second off my previous recorder lap time with the controller. Not bad.

Anyway, anyone else share these feelings? Any tips on which settings to adjust in order to make the experience better?

Turn 10: The AI are on a level playing field, no cheats, no rubber banding, no gimmicks, no hacks

Also Turn 10: Yeah, well we're still going to give them upgrades and parts well before you can reasonably unlock and afford them. Race tyres by race two? Sure!

Turn 10: The AI are on a level playing field, no cheats, no rubber banding, no gimmicks, no hacks

Also Turn 10: Yeah, well we're still going to give them upgrades and parts well before you can reasonably unlock and afford them. Race tyres by race two? Sure!
Well, the AI have been driving the game for two years now, so they've probably levelled up at least half of the cars to 50...

... but yes, I noticed mundane hatchbacks on racing medium tyres very early on.

I'm having a weird issue that I haven't seen anyone mention yet - are replays not working for anyone else?
When I save one and go to watch it, the cars just sit on the start line. It's not frozen, as there's animations and sounds, but as it's as if the race just isn't starting. I've pressed skip forward loads of times (maybe 30-odd) to see if it was just counting menu time or something, but nope.

One was saved from single player, one from online. Very strange!

I'm having a weird issue that I haven't seen anyone mention yet - are replays not working for anyone else?
When I save one and go to watch it, the cars just sit on the start line. It's not frozen, as there's animations and sounds, but as it's as if the race just isn't starting. I've pressed skip forward loads of times (maybe 30-odd) to see if it was just counting menu time or something, but nope.

One was saved from single player, one from online. Very strange!

Yeah this the 1 main issue I have encountered so far, has happened on my first 2 replays, both MP, tried replaying them on Xbox and PC and same issue as you're seeing, I can see the flags waiving in the background, but no amount of fast forwarding takes me to the race

I just had a go at a series where I went in with the car at level 1, max AI difficulty, and started from the back each race, just to see how it went. They had race tyres in race 1 and I finished 25 or so seconds behind the winner. It took until race 5 for me to have access to enough upgrades and car points to roughly match the pace of the leading car.

This looks great but are you not worried about getting nuked from orbit by their anticheat?
On some level, but I never had any intention of hopping into multiplayer in the first place. Of course that's muddied a bit with the game always being online...

Well, the AI have been driving the game for two years now, so they've probably levelled up at least half of the cars to 50...

... but yes, I noticed mundane hatchbacks on racing medium tyres very early on.
I dunno, I reckon some of them just got the human to do laps around Le Mans...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back