Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,446 comments
I'm having a weird issue that I haven't seen anyone mention yet - are replays not working for anyone else?
When I save one and go to watch it, the cars just sit on the start line. It's not frozen, as there's animations and sounds, but as it's as if the race just isn't starting. I've pressed skip forward loads of times (maybe 30-odd) to see if it was just counting menu time or something, but nope.

One was saved from single player, one from online. Very strange!

Yes replay does work for me. Yesterday I ran a night race at Watkins Glen but on lap 2 the sides of the track started turning into a mirror surface, fencing disappeared, etc. As the race went on the track surface itself started becoming a mirror surface. So I saved the replay and went back and watched it I couldn't figure out how to get the cockpit camera viewpoint so all it shows are the exterior of the car which shows the track appearing normally.
To add to this, you can make the game run at any frame rate you want by using the customise button to create a setting with a specific refresh rate. I've got the game running at 80fps by creating a custom resolution for 80hz, then setting the game to unlocked(vsync).

View attachment 1293689

This was a race I did in the builders cup with the AI on max difficulty, it's quite ironic as Maple Valley was used in a live stream to show how fast the new AI is.
View attachment 1293692
I don't understand why I don't have a display setting on my Nividia Control panel. Is it something you have to activate?

1696865658042.png

I don't understand why I don't have a display setting on my Nividia Control panel. Is it something you have to activate?
Do you have a really ancient driver version? My Nvidia control panel says version 8.1.964.0 (Help->About).

Shocked there still isn't an Nvidia driver update for FM, if I'm honest. I wonder if that's the reason why FPS keeps tanking around grandstands, the variance has been as high at 50-70 when I should theoretically be able to hold a steady 70-72.
I don't think driver updates at game release time generally do much for the game's performance. Looking at the patch notes for the last Nvidia driver release, for example, it adds DLSS 3.5 support to go with that being added to Cyberpunk, and also DLSS support for some new games (I assume new games can provide additional learning material, so it can get an updated AI that has learned from the new games). But there's no mention of it improving performance for any games. As the driver is just a layer between a fixed API and the fixed hardware, it seems unlikely they could achieve a big increase in performance for a new game unless the new game happens to expose some sort of bug that can be fixed, due to using the API in a way that previous games haven't. There's probably much more scope for performance improvements from game updates than graphics driver updates.

Shocked there still isn't an Nvidia driver update for FM, if I'm honest. I wonder if that's the reason why FPS keeps tanking around grandstands, the variance has been as high at 50-70 when I should theoretically be able to hold a steady 70-72.
All them damn people waiving. If the crowd would just calm it and sit their ass down, we'd get better FPS. We're racing old hatchbacks for Christ's sake.

Let's see if I remember how to do clickable previews. :lol:

There's two examples there, one in the early morning and the first is sunrise. Use the dropdown menu.

If it's broken, please, let me know. It's been a long time since I've done a clickable like this.

Well, the AI have been driving the game for two years now, so they've probably levelled up at least half of the cars to 50...

... but yes, I noticed mundane hatchbacks on racing medium tyres very early on.
Luckily they still haven't figured out they don't need 27 laps worth of fuel for a 5 lap race.

smug top gear GIF

Seriously, it hasn't been an issue for me. If anything it adds to the challenge having something of a handicap.

Yeah this the 1 main issue I have encountered so far, has happened on my first 2 replays, both MP, tried replaying them on Xbox and PC and same issue as you're seeing, I can see the flags waiving in the background, but no amount of fast forwarding takes me to the race
My copy of GRiD Legends had a similar replay fault until they patched it out shortly after release.

I had a couple of menu crashes today trying to pick an Miata for the Enthusiast Tour MX-5 Challenge championship. Not sure why only two MX-5s are eligible for the championship. Perhaps the others in Forza are DLC and I didn't notice.

At this rate Update 1.0 will be the size of the game with all the fixes it'llhave to contain.

Manually jettisoning any unnecessary fuel prior to starting race or practice sessions has become my new "remove the spare tyres" car load lightening ritual. Colin Chapman was right.

Last edited:
I'm in the home stretch now. C class series nearly complete. I wish they'd add a racers cup based on builders cup but without the car levelling.

Did a 50 lap race at Homestead with moderate penalties on, and at one point the lead car brake checked in the corner causing the second place car to rear end them, which ended up causing me to slide into the back of that car as I tried to slow down and avoid it. Looking at the leaderboard a moment later, I saw the game rightfully assigned a penalty to the lead car for causing the incident and neither the second place car nor myself were penalized. In GT7 that likely would have been the reverse and the game would have penalized me for hitting a car, even though I had no way to avoid it and wasn't the one who caused it.

I also noticed that one of the backmarker AI cars had run up 7 seconds(!) of penalties by the end of the race, which makes me wonder if they actually will get disqualified if they cross the 12 second threshold.

(also holy cow they need to fix track re-entry on the Homestead oval, instead of taking you around to the backstretch and having you merge in there it just dumps you onto the racing line at turn 1 in front of everyone. THAT AIN'T RIGHT.)

I wouldn't think so. My system was built brand new in July.
The newest driver is from mid September. I would check version numbers and it updates fairly regularly.
Did a 50 lap race at Homestead with moderate penalties on, and at one point the lead car brake checked in the corner causing the second place car to rear end them, which ended up causing me to slide into the back of that car as I tried to slow down and avoid it. Looking at the leaderboard a moment later, I saw the game rightfully assigned a penalty to the lead car for causing the incident and neither the second place car nor myself were penalized. In GT7 that likely would have been the reverse and the game would have penalized me for hitting a car, even though I had no way to avoid it and wasn't the one who caused it.

I also noticed that one of the backmarker AI cars had run up 7 seconds(!) of penalties by the end of the race, which makes me wonder if they actually will get disqualified if they cross the 12 second threshold.

(also holy cow they need to fix track re-entry on the Homestead oval, instead of taking you around to the backstretch and having you merge in there it just dumps you onto the racing line at turn 1 in front of everyone. THAT AIN'T RIGHT.)

I'm fairly surprised that the AI is being calculated for penalties. That's a nice feature that we don't even have in Sims. And should quite frankly. They shoot the AI right out into Eaglerock too.
The GTX cars are pretty fun on the ovals though.

Well this is going to play hell in Rivals....

Well that's interesting. Though, is it as much of a problem if the cars are made stupidly slow in the process? That Bugatti is just 350HP~ and weighs 4600lbs lol.

EDIT: I didn't exactly think of other cars that have high aerodynamics. So Yeah, can def see this being a problem.

Last edited:
Well that's interesting. Though, is it as much of a problem if the cars are made stupidly slow in the process? That Bugatti is just 350HP~ and weighs 4600lbs lol.

EDIT: I didn't exactly think of other cars that have high aerodynamics. So Yeah, can def see this being a problem.
You'd expect them to have a way to deal with overly good aero in a lower class since ballast is already a thing in FM2023, but I guess this HP reduction is even more extreme.

Now the devs are aware of issues i wonder if there will be a patch tomorrow,they,ve had a little time to have a proper look.
Patches don’t turn around that quickly with console certification being a thing.

Maybe some of the issues from the Known Issues list are a few weeks old and we get those first but we don’t know the team’s patch cadence for this game and whether to expect an update every week or 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Patches don’t turn around that quickly with console certification being a thing.

Maybe some of the issues from the Known Issues list are a few weeks old and we get those first but we don’t know the team’s patch cadence for this game and whether to expect an update every week or 4 weeks.
I wouldn't be too surprised if they had a day one patch already set up, that seems to be the norm for video games in general these days. That said, if a slower patch frequency means issues get fixed properly and don't require emergency rollbacks like I've seen happen with far too many games over the last couple years, I wouldn't complain too loudly. I'm tired of having to download multiple huge patches that do nothing but undo previous patches which fixed one thing and broke two others in the process.

Latest Posts

Back